How do you reset windows size to default?

How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
not resized it.

0
Peter

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
wrote:

How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
not resized it.

0
Peter
4/7/2010 9:55:32 AM
Hi Peter

Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>:

> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
> wrote:
>
> How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
> the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
> not resized it.

The only thing I can think of that effect the size of
things in the explorer is the System font size which
can be set to normal 96 dpi (100%), 120 dpi(125%),
144 dpi(150%) or custom You should be able to find
that under personal settings.

If thats not what You are looking for You need to
explain some more.

Best regards
Asger
0
Asger
4/7/2010 11:20:26 AM
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:20:26 +0300, Asger-P <junk@asger-p.dk> wrote:

What I mean is the window size.
Suppose you click on "Control Panel" or "My Documents" or "My
Computer", a window pop up. What is the default size of this window?
Where and how to reset to the default siize?

>Hi Peter
>
>Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
>> the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
>> not resized it.
>
>The only thing I can think of that effect the size of
>things in the explorer is the System font size which
>can be set to normal 96 dpi (100%), 120 dpi(125%),
>144 dpi(150%) or custom You should be able to find
>that under personal settings.
>
>If thats not what You are looking for You need to
>explain some more.
>
>Best regards
>Asger

0
Peter
8/20/2010 9:38:56 AM
Try deleting this key in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

--
..
--
"Peter" <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:20:26 +0300, Asger-P <junk@asger-p.dk> wrote:
>
> What I mean is the window size.
> Suppose you click on "Control Panel" or "My Documents" or "My
> Computer", a window pop up. What is the default size of this window?
> Where and how to reset to the default siize?
>

>>Hi Peter
>>
>>Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>:
>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
>>> the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
>>> not resized it.
>>
>>The only thing I can think of that effect the size of
>>things in the explorer is the System font size which
>>can be set to normal 96 dpi (100%), 120 dpi(125%),
>>144 dpi(150%) or custom You should be able to find
>>that under personal settings.
>>
>>If thats not what You are looking for You need to
>>explain some more.
>>
>>Best regards
>>Asger

Try deleting saved folder settings (In
explorer Alt + T for the Tools menu, Folder Options, View tab, Reset
Folders).

--
..
--
"Peter" <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:20:26 +0300, Asger-P <junk@asger-p.dk> wrote:
>
> What I mean is the window size.
> Suppose you click on "Control Panel" or "My Documents" or "My
> Computer", a window pop up. What is the default size of this window?
> Where and how to reset to the default siize?
>

>>Hi Peter
>>
>>Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>:
>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of
>>> the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have
>>> not resized it.
>>
>>The only thing I can think of that effect the size of
>>things in the explorer is the System font size which
>>can be set to normal 96 dpi (100%), 120 dpi(125%),
>>144 dpi(150%) or custom You should be able to find
>>that under personal settings.
>>
>>If thats not what You are looking for You need to
>>explain some more.
>>
>>Best regards
>>Asger

im sorry if im going to ask question to your threads but i dont know how
to post new one sorry :)
pleasde help..
while im installing the the cd for my audio, then suddenly here comes
the  message tells that "_ExitError:Errors:This system does not support
the driver you are attempting to install" im confious because every time
that im going to reformat my pc im using the same CD ,audio  cd for my
motherboard but now its not working..PLEASE HELP ME T_T

--
Xina
0
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:46:58 -0700, undisclosed wrote:

> im sorry if im going to ask question to your threads but i dont know how
> to post new one sorry :)

Consider clicking on the menu item "Post to newsgroup".

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

Your advice must have been helpful.  "undisclosed" has now posted more than
a half-dozen SPAM posts, all via the "vBulletin USENET gateway".  :>(  But,
then, similar posts have been appearing here for months, so...

I've forwarded some of those posts to The Powers That Be at Microsoft, but I
don't know if they even care about SPAM on these remaining newsgroups
anymore.  :>(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:03:42 -0500, R. C. White wrote:

> Hi, Gene.
>
> Your advice must have been helpful.  "undisclosed" has now posted more than
> a half-dozen SPAM posts, all via the "vBulletin USENET gateway".  :>(  But,
> then, similar posts have been appearing here for months, so...

Looks like I'm paving my road to hell with good intentions :-)

I have assumed that not all of the undisclosed posts are from the same
person, but the ones you're pointing to have related headers and the same
brand of random characters masquerading as English :-)

Mea culpa...

> I've forwarded some of those posts to The Powers That Be at Microsoft, but I
> don't know if they even care about SPAM on these remaining newsgroups
> anymore.  :>(
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64
>
> "Gene E. Bloch"  wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:46:58 -0700, undisclosed wrote:
>
>> im sorry if im going to ask question to your threads but i dont know how
>> to post new one sorry :)
>
> Consider clicking on the menu item "Post to newsgroup".

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
Gene
8/23/2010 10:33:47 PM
Hi, Gene.

Looks like both of us are on this road to hell with good intentions.  :^{

After posting earlier, I sorted messages here by From and found a lot from
"undisclosed", some going back to June.  (This NG retains only 90 days
worth, it appears.)  Most of them were from apparently unrelated users of
that generic alias.  But now I also see two new ones posted by the same
SPAMMER this afternoon (Texas time).

I just hope that readers here recognize SPAM when they see it and don't
respond.

RC
--

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:39:50 -0500, R. C. White wrote:

> Hi, Gene.
>
> Looks like both of us are on this road to hell with good intentions.  :^{
>
> After posting earlier, I sorted messages here by From and found a lot from
> "undisclosed", some going back to June.  (This NG retains only 90 days
> worth, it appears.)  Most of them were from apparently unrelated users of
> that generic alias.  But now I also see two new ones posted by the same
> SPAMMER this afternoon (Texas time).

He/she/it is beginning to flood the place with crap - but please excuse my
French - I should have used stronger French :-)

> I just hope that readers here recognize SPAM when they see it and don't
> respond.

Me too.

> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64
>

> "Gene E. Bloch"  wrote in message
>
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:03:42 -0500, R. C. White wrote:
>
>> Hi, Gene.
>>
>> Your advice must have been helpful.  "undisclosed" has now posted more
>> than
>> a half-dozen SPAM posts, all via the "vBulletin USENET gateway".  :>(
>> But,
>> then, similar posts have been appearing here for months, so...
>
> Looks like I'm paving my road to hell with good intentions :-)
>
> I have assumed that not all of the undisclosed posts are from the same
> person, but the ones you're pointing to have related headers and the same
> brand of random characters masquerading as English :-)
>
> Mea culpa...
>
>> I've forwarded some of those posts to The Powers That Be at Microsoft, but
>> don't know if they even care about SPAM on these remaining newsgroups
>> anymore.  :>(
>>
>> RC
>>
>> "Gene E. Bloch"  wrote in message
>>
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:46:58 -0700, undisclosed wrote:
>>
>>> im sorry if im going to ask question to your threads but i dont know how
>>> to post new one sorry :)
>>
>> Consider clicking on the menu item "Post to newsgroup".

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
Gene

Message Size Limits #2
Can anyone tell me how to configure my Exchange 2003 server so that there is a default incoming/outgoing size limit of 5 MB, but I can override this on a user by user basis? I have set the global settings with a 5 MB limit which will apply to all users and then I brought up my account in ADUC and entered in 10 MB for the sending/receiving limit. Should this override the global limit? However, when I go to send a 7 MB email attachment nothing happens - it goes directly into my Badmail folder skipping the outbound SMTP queue. I don't ever even get an NDR back. Any ideas? Hi Mark, Hop...

Window Security (GP 7.5)
Hello, I would like to limit access to a specific window. I am trying to remove some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window. This can be accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window. I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other windows are. Is it even possible to set access rights to this window? Thanks, -- Jessie Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "J...

Wrong Email Size
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 (service pack 2). I have noticed that the size of emails with attachments are being displayed incorrectly. For example, there is an email with a pdf document (3MB) and a word document (800kb) and 4 lines of text in the body of the message - total size of 4MB. However, outlook 2003 is displaying the email size as 11MB. When I copy or move this email to a new folder the email size is displayed correctly as 4MB. Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 was installed last week on the exchange server. Is this a bug in SP2? Is there a fix available for this ...

Getting Mailbox Sizes in 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working on an Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration. Is there any easy way to = get a list of mailboxes with their sizes from the Exchange 5.5 = directory? I know I can use System Admin to see each server and then = export the list, but is there a way to this, maybe with a script so I = don't have to export the list from each server separately? Thanks. Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Co...

Error message in windows mail 12-21-09
I just set up my account and the existing messages imported fine, but when I try to send mail I get the following error: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'new e-mail', Account: 'mail.td-wm.com', Server: 'mail.td-wm.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please help. Double check that all your account settings are correct. If they are, then e-mail scanning is a likely...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Windows Mail
I have recently got Windows Mail. I keep getting a message saying to create an association for the program I am trying to open, (Microsoft Powerpoint). Windows Vista. I can get into Set Associations, but dont know what to do after that. Help You really should have opened your own thread . . . . . Go to Start - Default Programs - Set Your Default Programs - see list of programs on left - select Windows Mail - on right, just below the "pane", you should see "This program has all its defaults". If not, select the second green arrow at bottom, "Choose d...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

Windows 7 x64 msnmsgr.exe crash
When Windows Live Messenger starts up when I log in, I very often get an application crash. Details are: Source Windows Live Messenger Summary Stopped working Date ‎3/‎31/‎2010 19:53 Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: msnmsgr.exe Application Version: 14.0.8089.726 Application Timestamp: 4a6ce533 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 10100002 Exceptio...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

Office2003 autoformats my ENTIRE document, and the file size is HU
Hi everyone I have recently ungraded to Office2003. It's great, with the exception of a problem i appear to be having with Word. I have a 22 page doc, that started out at a mere 100K. Everytime i try and make a style change (increase font, bold, align, add bullets) word then applied that new style to my ENTIRE document, ie: adding a bullet to one line, adds a bullet to every single line in my doc. Every line in the doc gets reformated. If i then go ctrl-z to undo the applied style, all the incorrectly applied styles all correctly removed, and i am left with just my one style - ...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Attachments in Windows Mail
Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them back??? "jay jay" <jay jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4B8E2DB-67F3-4C65-8D45-14CBDAF0101D@microsoft.com... > Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything > without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them > back??? ...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

Security descriptors in Windows Server 2003
Hello Expert(s) In windows 2003 SP2 server if we run "chkdsk /f" in data volume then the Chkdsk.exe utility incorrectly identifies and resets security descriptors to default value. Do you have any idea how to fix that issue because in my environment there servers with more than 500 GB data and needs chkdsk /f to be run. Cheers, AD The CHKDSK utility incorrectly identifies and deletes in-use security descriptors http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831374/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Pr...