Horizontal lines across laptop screen plus 'memory could not be written' error message at "0x0370d940"

Got the error message and horizontal line across laptop screen.  First
one line, then two, now three.  This machine has both windows xp and
windows vista operating systems available for use on a partitioned disk.
When we open the web browser is when the error message occurs.  We
installed firefox newly last night because of a problem, and the lines
started appearing one at a time this morning.  The lines appear no
matter which operating system is used, but the error message only occurs
when using xp and trying to start firefox.

--
seablue711
seablue711's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/248520.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
seablue711

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:04:37 -0500, seablue711 wrote:

> Got the error message and horizontal line across laptop screen.  First
> one line, then two, now three.  This machine has both windows xp and
> windows vista operating systems available for use on a partitioned disk.
> When we open the web browser is when the error message occurs.  We
> installed firefox newly last night because of a problem, and the lines
> started appearing one at a time this morning.  The lines appear no
> matter which operating system is used, but the error message only occurs
> when using xp and trying to start firefox.

I suspect a memory failure in the video card.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

Application Error
The memory could not be written at 0x0370d940 at address 0x934830202

It should read something similar as above. Please post the COMPLETE error message
with the header included. Otherwise the crystal ball here does not work

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"seablue711" <seablue711.4ekahc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Got the error message and horizontal line across laptop screen.  First
> one line, then two, now three.  This machine has both windows xp and
> windows vista operating systems available for use on a partitioned disk.
> When we open the web browser is when the error message occurs.  We
> installed firefox newly last night because of a problem, and the lines
> started appearing one at a time this morning.  The lines appear no
> matter which operating system is used, but the error message only occurs
> when using xp and trying to start firefox.
>

> --
> seablue711
> seablue711's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/248520.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1354090.htm