full text search

Hello,
It does not look like vista is full text indexing word documents.
I have set the option:
Indexing Options in the Control Panel and click Advanced,
then clicked the File Types tab. Add the .doc, doxc file types
and clicked the option to "index properties and file contents."

However I still cannot full text search word document.

any ideas?
thanks
0
Greg

The answer to Vista's lame search is:

www.mythicsoft.com

FileLocatorPro.  There's also free AgentRansack but like most free things,
it's not superb.

WindowsXp search was slow but WORKING, especially with text strings.  I am
sure it would be FINE today with much increased computer power.
But Vista took a step backwards in terms of search for ASCII/unicode
strings.
It simply doesn't work.

By the way, disable that indexing on all drives if you don't want to be
bogged down by it.... search still works OK esp. on powerful computers

The real solution for Vista users is:

www.mythicsoft.com
FileLocatorPro

0
Stan

Graph with text
I have a status field "Open, Working, On-Hold, or Done" and a second column for project name. I want to create a chart that shows the project name on the x-axis and the status on the Y axis. THIS IS A SECOND REQUEST, please help. DDBeards You need to convert the status to a numerical scale (1,2,3,4), plot X=project vs Y=numerical status, and finally fix up the vertical axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBe...

Select All Pictures and Change Wrapping Style to Behind Text
I am trying to get a macro that can change the wrapping style to behind text for all the pictures in the document. It would also be great if I could get this macro to change a lot of other properties too. For example, I want all the photos behind text, center horizontal alignment, height = 4", width = proportional. It would also be great if this macro could add a text box under each picture which was grouped with its respective picture. Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Funny you should ask this now. I was just fighting with the same problem yeste...

How do I arch a line of text within a banner?
I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the two lines of text. Can this be accomplished with this program? If not, is there a program available the I could use instead. Thank You. *Brandon* numberonesignguy wrote: > I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. > Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top > line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the > two...

How to do a global search and replace of a font in a Pub 2003 file
I have a long document given to me with text boxes that were not created using Font Schemes. Everywhere there is Times New Roman, I have to change it to another font. This is so easy in Word, but I can't figure it out in Publisher. Help! When you apply a font scheme to a text box, all the text boxes should change. On the toolbar, Format, Font Schemes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srhamm" <srhamm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4DA6A-52FA-43F7-84F2-4513CCCD6E99@microsoft.com... > I have a long document given to me with...

Why doesn't the text fit its self around my graphics?
I'm using Publisher 2003. I've inserted a clipart but the text goes under the graphic. I want the text to flow around the graphic. PLEASE help me get the text to flow around my graphic. I've used Pub 2000 and haven't run into this problem....can't find anything to fix this! Thanks in advance!!! -- Kelvin Using Pub 2000 here also Kelvin, Give this a try. Put the clipart on top layer. Use the icons in the tool bar that look like three little squares. One sends the active text or image box to the back and the other brings them to the front. -- Don -------- Vancou...

Text to Columns
500+ sentences, I need to seperate (text to columns) after the first "-" only. There are subsequent "-" but I only want it seperated at the first. And when I seperate it in the second column I do not want a space preceeding the text. Can you give advice on this, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Sample Data AIR TAXI - An aircraft operator who conducts operations for hire or compensation in accordance with FAR Part 135 in an aircraft with 30 or fewer passenger seats and a payload capacity of 7,500# or less. An air taxi operates on an on-dem...

I can not copy text into a brochure without another textbox opening
Hi all, Every time I try to copy and past into a textbox already created by a publisher template, another textbox is created by defalut to add the text into it. I want to just add the text into the textbox already within the template like you could with Publisher 2000. Thanks, Kelsey Is your cursor inside the textbox when you paste? If you just paste Publisher will create a new text box. If this isn't the answer create a new textbox, paste and delete the original text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

selecting text and spikes

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Search help
Hi, Tried a few functions for this but i cant get it to do what im looking for! I have 8 worksheets and Im trying to get a specific reference from A1 on sheet1. The other 7 pages has all the info in column A I want B2 to tell me the reference it found out of the text in A1, if its possible Example: sheet1 A1 = abc toy car pt no 789DIN1 on sheet2 A1= 785DIN1955 A2= 786DIN1966 A3= 789DIN1977 This is the closest reference on all of my worksheets so i want Sheet1 B2 = 789DIN1977 If it cant be done then i would like the same if Sheet1 A1= abc toy car pt no 789DIN1977 Ive tried usi...

Upgrade 03 Trial to Full
I was unable to upgrade my trial version to the full version through the setup wizard. I had my internet connection open, but was not given the option to "Buy Key Online." The only option I could pick was to "Enter Product Key," which is what I'm trying to buy! I called customer service, and they were no help. I would like to buy the product key today... do you have a suggestion? In news:17e9901c449ba$7f69a070$a401280a@phx.gbl, Tom <manamaui@aol.com> posted: > I was unable to upgrade my trial version to the full > version through the setup wizard. I ...

TreeView Control Search
What is the simplest way to Search a TreeView Control? I need to find the a specific value in the TEXT of the TreeView. I've looked at: http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/1-7024/ms.help?method=page&id=M:SYSTEM.WEB.UI.WEBCONTROLS.TREEVIEW.FINDNODE(SYSTEM.STRING)&product=VS&productversion=100&locale=en-US&topiclocale=EN-US&topicversion=100&SQM=2 but the ValuePath and ValuePathText aren't available. ...

Can't send if text entered in message body
I'm having a strange send error. If I just put the recipient address and a subject, the email will send. If I add ANY text to the message, when I click "Send & Receive" it starts to send, I get the progress bar, then it just sits there until it errors out. I'm totally stumped by this one...any help out there? Thanks, Rod ...

Text wrap spec
People, I thought I understood that the text wrap limit for any given cell was 1024 and indeed when I look at the specification for Excel, it states that only 1024 text characters will display in a cell. However, I have the following condition (Excel 2003 running under Windows XP Pro). I have a column that is 35 wide. I entered repeating text in four paragraphs. The total length of my string is 1093 characters (verified using the Len function). The last word wrap occurs at character 1032, definitely beyond the 1024 limit. The total number of characters that shows in the cell is 1074 an...

Import/Export Text Specification
Is it possible to copy a single "Import/Export Text Specification" from one mdb to another? From the file that does not have the specification, File | Get External Data .... | Import, then choose .mdb file type and choose the file that has the specification in it, then click Options button in the wizard window and select the checkbox for importing import/export specifications. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:4656fdde$0$9933$4c368faf@roadrunner.co...

Can't use SendMessage...WM_PASTE with a regular Text Box
Anyone have any idea why SendMessage ctl.hwnd, WM_PASTE, 0, 0 isn't working from a regular Access text box (form is opened normally, not in dialog more)? I realize I can just use docmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste. But I have a reason for needing to do it this way. When I run the code I get the message, "Object doesn't support this property or method" (error 438). Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks! Neil Here is the code I'm using: Private Declare Function SendMessage _ Lib "user32" _ Alias "SendMessageA" ( _ ByVal hwnd As Long, _ ByV...

How can i resize grouped text and maintain proportions?
I have 2 words that are grouped together and i want to resize them without having to change the font size. How do you do this publisher? How do you resize something without changing the size? (Can I do that with jeans? Smaller size without losing weight - woo hoo!) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B868D80-6A01-4F5E-B045-59803522DCDC@microsoft.com... >I have 2 words that are grouped together and i want to resize them without > h...

Search Folder's Results
Dear Sirs, I have created a search folder to search a public folder in a general public folder tree, unfortunately newly added items to the search folder are not searched even after this public folder is indexed till the search folder is deleted and recreated. What could I be doing wrong? Regards, Yahya ...

Text import wizard does import properly beyond text file line 1048
I have attempted again to get the text import feature of MS Excel 2007 to work using a really long (10,402,255 lines) ascii format text data files with two columns of fixed width fields. Despite the updates to the Excel 2007 program since I first tried this, the implementation of this feature remains pitiful. Here are my findings of how this feature of Excel behaves: 1. If you set up the text import to start on the first line of the text source file and put them into your worksheet starting on cell A1, then the importer will capture the first 1048576 lines and put them all into ...

hyperlinked text
I need a macro that when you click a hyperlinked text it will ask me to save it to the location i specified. Please help, i desperately need this. Thanks :confused -- gloriel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gloriel7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1637 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31619 ...

automate copying text in Word doc to Access db
I’m having trouble with the following process: Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb Table: WordDocText Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc - The document contains no fields and is merely text Field_B: memo field currently empty Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText’s Field_B Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide David Tyler, Toronto, Canada What kind of trouble are you having exactly? "davidtyler&...

Data searching
I have run into a bit of a problem. I have a list of data in 2 columns. Column A are truck codes which are repetative and column B are time to which they receive the delivery docket. My question/problem is this... what formula would be the one to give me the last timestamp a particular truck received his last docket so I may have the time he received his last load. Regards, -- Niall If you put in C1 the word "Truck #:" and then use D1 for what truck # you are looking for, this will be your query area. In C2, type the words "Last Time Stamp:" and in D2 type the fo...

Using the Search for newsgroups
I'm trying to use the newsgroups search to research my GP problem, but there doesn't seem any way to search on a phrase and not the individual words in a phrase. For example, when I type UNIT ACCOUNTS I get a ton of hits for ACCOUNTS. I only want to find places with an exact match to UNIT ACCOUNTS. Anyone know how to do this? Robert, type your phrase inside quotes (e.g., "unit accounts") Elisabeth "Robert" wrote: > I'm trying to use the newsgroups search to research my GP > problem, but there doesn't seem any way to search on a > phra...