Folder Redirection??? How to use it?

A Knowledge Base article suggests I use Folder Redirection to fix a
problem I'm having:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940291

But I haven't a clue how to do that in Vista.

Can someone explain to me what I need to do?

And is there a danger of it screwing up the Registry?

-- Thanks!

0
Steven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folder_redirection

-or-

Search with Bing or Google, etc. using your own words like "using Folder
Redirection policy vista"

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

Good luck

"Steven L." wrote:

> A Knowledge Base article suggests I use Folder Redirection to fix a
> problem I'm having:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940291
>
> But I haven't a clue how to do that in Vista.
>
> Can someone explain to me what I need to do?
>
> And is there a danger of it screwing up the Registry?
>

> -- Thanks!
>

> .

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:00:12 +0000, "Steven L."
<sdlitvin@earthlink.net> wrote:

>A Knowledge Base article suggests I use Folder Redirection to fix a
>problem I'm having:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940291
>
>But I haven't a clue how to do that in Vista.
>
>Can someone explain to me what I need to do?
>
>And is there a danger of it screwing up the Registry?

Use Method 2. You can screw up the registry, but just be careful and
follow the instructions exactly and you will be fine.

0
Bob

Printing question using 2003
I create flyers for my theater group on my home computer and then take them to another location to print the flyer on a new large-format printer. We have been having problems having the large-format printer print the file as a 18"x22" or other desired large size poster. It wants to print as it would on my home printer...like a group of six sheets that have to be taped together. Won't Publisher allow you to create in a letter size format (8.5"x11") and then automatically expand all text boxes, graphics, clip art, word art, etc to fit the enlarged large-format pr...

using list or combo boxes
Hello, I have a form with several fields: ID Number, LName, Fname, Employer, Employer1 Depts and Employer2 Depts. I want to enter data in first 3 fields (text) which will be inserted to table 1. I want to select a value from a lookup table for employer. Based on the Employer chosen, either Emp1 depts OR Emp2 depts drop down will become active. Finally, select a dept from the active dropdown. Am I thinking correctly in the following: For the OnChange event when the employer is selected from the dropdown, I want to do this: IF employer = EMP1 then 1.1 enable cboEMP1 ...

Do you have a useful monthly calendar print template for Outlook
Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template from Office 07 ends up just having the times. Does anyone have a useful monthly template? Thanks. there are some on Microsoft's web site. Just search "Microsoft Outlook 2007 home page" to find a stack of resources. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "RSC" <RSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1E6422A-8D4A-4995-AA4A-3048242EED4B@microsoft.com... > Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template > ...

Some sent items r going 2 junk email folder,filter is off,how fix
Outlook 2007, XP pro, Having a problem with some of the sent items going to the junk email folder instead of being sent. Junk email filter is turned off, data base is fairly large at over 14 gb but had been up to 18gb with no problems. Any suggestions how to fix this otr why its even happening? Are you running a 3rd party spam filter? I've never heard of Outlook's junk e-mail filter even looking at outgoing messages, much less putting them in Junk E-mail. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers....

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

use mjwpdf to edit and modify existing pdf file
Dear all I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the end of document) and save it with the changes if some one have the solution please attach source code please thanks to all xavi-querol@hotmail.com *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 02/02/2010 16:00, xavi querol wrote: > I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing > pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the > end of document...

Using an existing instance of Excel
Hi, Suppose I have an instance of Excel running and I want to open the file "foo.xls" into that instance from command line. If I give the command "excel foo.xls" it will open a new instance of Excel, which is OK but would cause great overhead for me. Thanks! Bura You might try a script like this: Dim XL on error resume next set XL = GetObject(,"Excel.Application") If XL is Nothing Then Set XL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") XL.Workbooks.Open "c:\Book1.xls" XL.Visible = True Create a VBS file with this in it and you can run it from th...

need help using "RANDBETWEEN" in excel
In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? =RANDBETWEEN(135,165)/100 "glenn" wrote: > In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for > a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. > That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? "glenn" <glenndpric...

ERROR: UNABLE TO DISPLAY THE FOLDER (INBOX ONLY)
Hi, can anyone please help? We are running Outlook 2000 and I have a user who's inbox cannot be displayed. All other folders i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Sent etc. folders can be viewed except for the Inbox. She has new messages in her inbox as displayed in the folder list, yet the error that is displayed when you click on the Inbox is: "Unable to display the folder" A bit of a long winded one, I know, but any advice would be appreciated. Exchange mailbox or pst-file? Can you view the folder in Outlook safe mode? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Mi...

Can I use variables for workheet name references in Excel functions?
I'm working with Excel 2003 and trying to look for a way to create some sort of dynamic references in functions between worksheets in the same workbook. Let me try to explain - Say I have a workbook with 12 different worksheets with the names - January, February, March, Etc... On a new Worksheet I want to write a function that will use a cell as a reference for the worksheet to use in the function. I'm going to have a function in that cell that will return a name (In this example - Cell A2) In Another cell, I want to write a function that will retrieve the highest value from a ce...

Deleting folder to recycle bin
Hi How to delete a folder to recycle bin. SHFILEOPSTRUCT fos={0}; fos.pFrom = strFolderToBeDeleted; fos.wFunc = FO_DELETE; fos.pTo = NULL; fos.fFlags = FOF_ALLOWUNDO|FOF_MULTIDESTFILES|FOF_NOCONFIRMATION; SHFileOperation(&fos); But it does not deletes the folder to Recycle bin. Am I doing something wrong. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana In article <#N4#foAlEHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, srana@hotpop.com says... > Hi > > How to delete a folder to recycle bin. > > SHFILEOPSTRUCT fos={0}; > fos.pFrom = strFolderToBeDeleted; > fos.wFunc = FO_DELETE;...

Using OWA how can I easily verify the size of my mailbox
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay Using OWA, you can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jay asked: | Hi | | I use OWA at University. | | How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? | | Thanks | | Jay Milly Thanks Jay "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Using OWA, you can't. > > -- > Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Outlook personal folder backup utility no longer works!
It seems that my Microsofy outlook personal folder backup utility no longer works after I updated from Office XP to Office 2003. Is it possible that it is because the .PST file has changed from ANSI to UNICODE? What about all of my Office XP archive .pst files... Can I open them in outlook 2003? Thanks, Rich There is a post on the MS site that talks about ensuring that you have the right level of the backup utility (2003 version). ..pst files can indeed be opened by Outlook 2003. I would be in deep doodoo if it couldn't. Do you know where I might find that posting? Thanks, ...

Using a compressed folder
Is there a way to treat a compressed folder in PowerShell in the same manner that Windows Explorer does, that is, to just copy files to and from it the same way this is done with a normal folder, and have the compression be transparent to the script? If not, what would be the best way to build a .zip file with PowerShell? I am using Vista. Thanks, Al If you're looking to build .zip files, I think the best option would be to upgrade to V2 if you haven't already, and then get the powershellpack from the resource kit: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/PowerShellPac...

all folders in left hand frame
my outlook changed and I executed no change on my part. I used to be able to see all the folders in the left hand frame and now I have a list of headers in the left hand frame and I have to click on folders to see all the folders displayed in the right hand frame. I want my folders in the left hand frame and those other headers, junk, calendar, etc to be at the bottom of the left hand frame where they used to me. I do not have that little dotted icon that used to be at the bottom of the left hand frame. Any ideas? Thank you Barbaras what version of outlook do you use? -- ...

Public Folders and Replication to other site servers
i have a little problem. we have 4 exchange servers at 3 locations, 2 of the in NY (my exchange servers). the reason we have 2 servers is because we were migrating from exchange 2000 to 2003. when i shutdown the old exchange server, some users complained that they cannot see some calendars in the public folders. I restarted the old server. added the new exchange server to the replication list at the root of the public folders and set the replicas to propage settings to it's child public sub-folders. today, some users called in to help desk complaining that calendars in public folders...

Help with AutoFilter using VBA
Folks, I am completely new to the whole Excel macro/VBA world, though I am pretty spiffy when in comes to Excel. By using lots of Google, I have put together the VBA macro below that actually does work. However, I would like to add code so that the AutoFilter custom parameters are set by default to: Custom, Is Greater Than, 0. How can I accomplish this within this code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("C7"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.E...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Outlook Error Message after Renaming Personal Folder
Help! I renamed the default Personal Folder by locating the Personal Folder and renaming it. Now, when I open outlook I get response that the Outlook folder cannot be found. I searched and finally found it, but the folder with calendar, files, etc. still does not display. Any way to fix this? By now I trust you've read enough posts to know that is the best way to corrupt your Outlook profile. You never rename a PST file. As for the rest, clarify your question. It makes no sense. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "franieb" <franieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Public Folder and ADC question
When viewing public folder properties in 2003 ESM such as Custom Attribute 1 how does that information make it from a DC to Exchange 2003. ie. On 5.5 (Bridgehead or target for PF CA) server add some info to custom attribute 1 - force replication of PF CA for this site. Go to ESM and refresh and view the propertie pages for the public folder and view the attribute. Since the PF CA writes to either the E5.5 Dir or the DC's MESO cn how does it get from the DC's MESO to be viewabe in ESM? Thanks. "Wayne Westfield" <wwestfield@news.postalias> wrote: >When viewing...

Double set of personal folders in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C697DA.68052470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2003 and ever since it was installed (upgraded from 2002) = I've had a double set of "personal folders" -- The icon for one is a = little house (like you usually see on the main mailbox.) The icon for = the other is just a yellow folder like you would see on any extra = outlook data file you creat. but the are exact duplicates of each other, and I cannot close either = one ...

Access subquery using Like IN
I am trying to create a query which will take all values from table Names Field Pre and compare it against table AllNames field Name. Problem is there will only be PART of the name in the Allnames field. What I have attempted was variations of this and I haven't been able to get it to work with the * operator to show that it would be a partial match not complete. Select Allnames.Name FROM Allnames WHERE (((Name) Like ((Name) In (Select Pre + '*' From Names)))); If anybody could help me in identifying the issue and resolving it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joins are ge...

Mounting pub1.edb in another information store to retreive a public folder
Hello all, I've got a client who mysteriously "lost" a public folder. Everything else about exchange is just fine but my bet is someone deleted the public folder by accident and either didn't know it or won't fess up to it. Regardless, I've got a pub1.edb and .stm and just need to get that one folder out and back into the real public folder store. So far I've been able to create another folder store, dismount its database, replace its .edb and .stm with mine, run some eseutil commands from a kb to make everything happy and then remount the store. I can now s...

Sending emails using AOL settings
Hi Any advice on the folowing would be appreciated: Am using AOL broadband as my ISP. I am able to configure Outlook Express to send & receive emails OK When using the same Outlook Express settings in Outlook 2002 am unable to send emails - an error refering to incorrect email address appears. HAve double & doubled checked and all email address's are identical as per those used in Outlook express. Using XP Pro with service pack 2 TIA Tom There are special settings for Outlook with AOL that are available at AOL support. http://help.aol.com/aimhelp/search.do?cmd=displ...

Dexterity
Anyone can advise on the above issue?? Much appreciated. Regards Ken Ken- I'm sure there are several ways, but here's what I do. This is going to be long.... Regards, Brenner (bklenzman@klenzmanconsulting.com). (1) create a script that dynamically executes the script below. Pass in the table name as a variable. tDex = ""; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "open table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; iErrCnt = execute(i...