Flash Player Will Not Work With UAC Turned Off

For the better part of a year I have had to keep UAC turned off to allow
flash player to work.  I would prefer to keep UAC turned on to enable
Internet Protected Mode.  I have searched the net far and wide
including Adobe's "fix" for the problem to no avail.  I am hoping
someone out there has encountered the same problem and can shed some
light on my situation.

I am on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Explorer 8 version 8.0.6001.18904,
Flash Player 10.0.45.2

Any light you can shed on my situation would be greatly appreciated as
I am considering switching to another browser.

Thanks in advance,
Evan

--
ejoe
0

ejoe wrote:
> For the better part of a year I have had to keep UAC turned off to
> allow flash player to work.  I would prefer to keep UAC turned on
> to enable Internet Protected Mode.  I have searched the net far and
> wide including Adobe's "fix" for the problem to no avail.  I am
> hoping someone out there has encountered the same problem and can
> shed some light on my situation.
>
> I am on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Explorer 8 version
> 8.0.6001.18904, Flash Player 10.0.45.2
>
> Any light you can shed on my situation would be greatly appreciated
> as I am considering switching to another browser.

I am confused on why you have to have UAC off in order to use the flash
player?  I don't.  No one else I support does.  What's up with your system?

BTW - your subject line and message body contradict themselves very clearly.

Subject says that Flash Player _will not work_ with the UAC turned _off_ and
your message body says that the Flash Player _only works_ with the UAC
turned _off_...

I did a quick search and confirmed the issue does exist and some people have
tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it still fails...
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/45374-uac-prevents-flash-player-working.html
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/423648
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/172298
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/248247

What AntiVirus solution do you use?  Any third party firewall?  Internet
suites?

Wondering if you have anything protecting your registry?

Have you tried uninstalling it, rebooting, turning UAC on and reinstalling
and rebooting?

Maybe your registry perms are messed up?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
4/3/2010 2:42:33 PM
Shenan Stanley;907680 Wrote:
> ejoe wrote:-
> For the better part of a year I have had to keep UAC turned off to
> allow flash player to work.  I would prefer to keep UAC turned on
> to enable Internet Protected Mode.  I have searched the net far and
> wide including Adobe's "fix" for the problem to no avail.  I am
> hoping someone out there has encountered the same problem and can
> shed some light on my situation.
>
> I am on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Explorer 8 version
> 8.0.6001.18904, Flash Player 10.0.45.2
>
> Any light you can shed on my situation would be greatly appreciated
> as I am considering switching to another browser.-
>
> I am confused on why you have to have UAC off in order to use the flash
>
> player?  I don't.  No one else I support does.  What's up with your
> system?
>
> BTW - your subject line and message body contradict themselves very
> clearly.
>
> Subject says that Flash Player _will not work_ with the UAC turned
> _off_ and
> your message body says that the Flash Player _only works_ with the UAC
>
> turned _off_...
>
> I did a quick search and confirmed the issue does exist and some people
> have
> tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it still fails...
> 'UAC Prevents Flash Player Working - Vista Forums'
> (http://tinyurl.com/yafjb2d)
> 'Adobe Forums: Flashplyer won't play unless UAC is...'
> (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/423648)
> 'Adobe Forums: Flash Player and Windows Vista Fix'
> (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/172298)
> 'Adobe Forums: Cannot play Flash content in IE7'
> (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/248247)
>
> What AntiVirus solution do you use?  Any third party firewall?
> Internet
> suites?
>
> Wondering if you have anything protecting your registry?
>
> Have you tried uninstalling it, rebooting, turning UAC on and
> reinstalling
> and rebooting?
>
> Maybe your registry perms are messed up?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> 'How To Ask Questions The Smart Way'
> (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

Shenan,

Thanks for your reply.  My first post to this forum and I muffed it!
The thread title should read Flash Player Will Not Work With UAC Turned
On.
I apologize for the confusion.  I tried to correct it but post edit
would not let me change the main title.

Believe me, I have tried every "fix" or "solution" out there.  To
answer your questions I use Avira AntiVir, Windows Firewall (behind an
AT&T U-Verse 2Wire Router, and Windows Defender.  To be honest I'm not
sure what you mean by is there anything protecting my registry and if
my registry perms are messed up.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled
Flash Player several times without result (not sure I did it in the
exact order you described, however).  Have used CCleaner to clean out
registry.

I'm wondering if the problem coincided with the release of IE8?

--
ejoe
0
On 4/4/2010 3:04 AM, ejoe wrote:
> Have used CCleaner to clean out registry.
>
> I'm wondering if the problem coincided with the release of IE8?

Nope, there was probably part of your problem, you used a registry
cleaner, it probably screwed up your registry. Perhaps you'll have to
reinstall the OS.
0
milt

Business Alerts Not Working
GP 8.0, SQL Server 2000, Small Biz Server 2003 GP is installed on Small Business Server 2003 which has Exchange and SQL Server 2000. All users access GP via our Terminal Server which is installed on Windows Server 2003. The SBS 2003 Server has Outlook client installed. As does the Windows Server 2003. We cannot get SQL Mail to work. Within GP when testing the Business ALerts mail, we get the following error: "The following error occured in SQL Server: XP_sendmail: Could not resolve recipient. In SQL Enterprixe Manager, under support services, SQL Mail, You can test the Outlook ...

Outlook will not run an start up as a scheduled task
I have set up Outlook 2003 as a schduled task to run at start up. It doesn't run because "the scheduled task did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered". I have not created any password in Outlook. Any ideas? Pete Outlook is not suitable to run from the Windows task scheduler. If you want it to run at Windows startup, add a shortcut to Outlook.exe to the Programs | Startup group. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com...

Report Will Not Open 02-22-08
I have only one of several reports that will not open either in view or design view. All the others are ok. The error message reads, "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try again..." My Vista computer has 3 GB of ram!! This happens both using Access 2003 (512 MB Ram) and Access 2007. How do I get this program to open? ed Sounds like the report has gone bad. Can't promise, but see if this rescues it: 1. Make a back up of your MDB, so you get mulitiple chances at fixing it. 2. Open the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G), and ent...

VBA code not working on other PC
I am using Excel 2003 and I have been using the VBA code below on my computer for a long time and find it extremely useful and which has never result in an error. A colleague asked if he could also have in on his computer and so I copied it over. The strange thing is it doesn't seem to work on his computer and I not sure why. I stops on the line 'Dim Result As New DataObject' that I have higlighted with the *********. and a dialogue box appears saying: Compile Error: User defined type not defined. Does anyone know the answer why it works on my PC and not on his? I...

Workbook Window will not maximize
Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have the maximize, minimize or close buttons like usual. I can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone else dealt with this before? On Nov 18, 9:06=A0am, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. > > When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the > workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have > the maxim...

SFO; working offline
I installed SFO on a Office 2003 machine, works great online, but when I switch to offline, it comes up "access denied". What am I missing? ...

Media player ripping incorrect CD
I have media player version 11.0.5721.5268 and Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with service pack 3. i have a 3 volume CD to copy into my computer. when i try ripping it the 2nd cd only comes up with a totally different cd from microsoft's library, I guess. how do i get it to just read my cd and copy it? Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Ginny wrote: >...

What euro networks work with RMS?
I work for a US based company that also sells within countries that are on the Euro. I need to find a bank that works on the same network as RMS. If anyone can tell me a bank or what networks work with RMS that would be great. ...

Update query only partially working
Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only updating some of the records. The weird thing is that the field that i'm coparting to update is an auto number. I've checked both tables and the fields seem to be the the same and the records present in both so i'm stuck as to what is wrong. I'm using access 2007 to edit an access 2000 DB. Thanks On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 03:47:07 -0800 (PST), "d3cyph3r@gmail.com" <d3cyph3r@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only >up...

Exchange web OWA just stopped working
Exchange 2003 w/sp1 on a W2k3 server. Outlook 2003 clients work fine, all of exchange working fine. OWA does not. Gives 'Cannot find server or DNS Error' The error is pretty immediate. I've verified that the name resolves. I went to the server and stop/started the WWW service and stop/started the website and application pools. On a unix box, I telnetted in to port 80 and got a connect/immediate disconnect. Any ideas where to go from here? ...

Flash based stationery
Does anyone if and how an html file with an embedded flash file can be used as a stationey in Outlook/Express? Don't know, but a) it would sure annoy the heck out of me!! :-) and b) this is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.w...

Sibling Mode not working on Menu Items when calling HtmlHelp?
I have a truly curious problem with HtmlHelp and Sibling Mode in Visual C++ ..Net 2003 in an MFC app. Sibling mode allows the help viewer to display on top of the app, but if the app is clicked, then the app becomes the top most window. The idea is to let the user switch back and forth between the help viewer and the application. For the case of Menu Items only, sibling mode does not appear to work correctly under normal running conditions. However, sibling mode does work for menu items, if you put a breakpoint on the HtmlHelp call and stop prior to executing the call. In this case the HtmlH...

How to get Outlook 2003 working with comcast.net email acct
Hi, I've got a comcast.net email account and I've successfully implemented the comcast FAQ instructions for setting up Outlook 2003 as my mail manager of the comcast email account (ie, the test results are all positive ... no failures ... no error messages to report). But I'm apparently missing something because no emails come through to Outlook; the comcast system works fine, but I can't use Outlook to manage the emails. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Joe what error is in the send and receive dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author,...

Can Ingenico 6550 work with rms V1.3
I have a Ingenico 6550 signature capture device. When i sign on the device, it didn't capture the name. The display and the card capture worked, only the signature part doesn't work. I set the device name and everything, it loaded the form, and the tab for the signature on the pos poped up. I use the form designer to test the capture device it worked. The signature show on the form designer. I don't know what could go wrong. Could anyone help!!! I'm not entirely sure if the 6550 will work with rms 1.3. Do you want the signature to print out on the receipt? My co...

Cannot Read Saved Document from Works From Other Computer
I am trying to save Microsoft Works documents from my one computer which has a Windows ME operating system onto a disc that I can open on another computer which has a Windows XP operating system. When I try to open the files, I get an error message stating that Works cannot open the file, that it may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installation converters, or the file may be corrupt. I have tried renaming the file but this doesn't work. The file extension is already a .wps one so I don't think there is any conflict with the...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

Advanced Find Only Works Once
WinXP, Office 2000-sp3 Problem just started. In Outlook, can only do an Advance Find one time, then it doesn't work. Have done repair to no avail. Thoughts? thanks! Went to Office Download site and got Outlook 2000 Update: December 18, 2002. While it is stated it is to repair problems with reminders, it also fixed this problem. "Frank" <user@aol.com> wrote in message news:uxU4G5G1DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > WinXP, Office 2000-sp3 > > Problem just started. In Outlook, can only do an Advance Find one time, > then it doesn't work. Have done re...

Depot Management
What are the requirements of a work order in order to post labor to it? I cannot find any discussion of this in the manual or with a KnowledgeBase search. For example, must a work order have a record type of "open" to post labor to it? What about a quote? I have jobs that we are evaluating in order to prepare a quote that must go through an evaluation process before a quote can be prepared. I would like to use the work order schedule and lobor posting to route these jobs. However, since I do not yet have the jobs approved for repair by the customer, I have not yet transferre...

Making End User Recovery Work
I've seen a lot of people commenting how EUR never works for them. It does work for me after a lot of fiddling, and here are some brief comments that might help: 1. Don't just turn it on within DPM itself; go to one of your domain controllers and run the EUR setup utility. For DPM2010 it can be found at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe For DPM2007 I believe it's at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe Remember, run this on your...

Will Money suit my needs?
I have been a long time user of Quicken but am now looking for an alternative. While Q is a very good program for looking back - what I need now is a program that is able to also give me an accurate picture of future events/cash flow/balances down to the daily level. I would particularly like the ability to put in a number of senarios to give me the net result of different financial decisions and to be able to compare the results-- preferably on screen and then be able to adjust the what ifs and save the results for ongoing planning. I don't need automatic downloads or some other featur...

Outlook 2003 junk email filter -stopped working!
I use MS outlook for emails and the junk email filter had been working on its own -- blocking junk emails and placing them in Junk E-mail folder. Recently it has simply stopped working! The only change I can think of that I made, was to add many more addresses to the blocked sender's list. I have the following setting, but I still receive emails from the addresses in blocked sender's list, while the junk email folder remains empty: * Level of protection set to high * Permanently delete junk emails instead of sending them to junk email folder is UNchecked Any suggestions on what migh...

COleDropTarget not working in Vista
Hello all, I am trying to port an MFC application to Vista but I am encountering an issue with COleDropTarget. I need to configure a page of a property sheet as a drop target. In Windows XP, the code (see snippet below) works as expected but in Vista, despite the fact that the call to Register(this) succeeds, the OnDragEnter, OnDragOver, OnDrop members of my COleDropTarget-derived class are never called when I drop a file from the explorer to my page. Do you have an idea what might be wrong? Did something change between Windows XP and Vista about the way the shell drag and drop works?...

IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete" Dell Mini 1010 Windows XP Home 32bit SP3 1gb RAM I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine. Original issue: Could not install any programs Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner After finding various critters affecting PC...

Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be shut down
Running clean install of Win2kPro, Office 2000 SBE. After all available updates applied to both, Outlook will not open - when I try to open it, I get the following pop- up: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be shut down by Windows. You will need to restart the program." A log is being written. The only log I can find that relates to Outlook is in Dr. Watson, which states that it is an access violation. I installed and am running both Win2k & Office with full admin rights. Any help would be welcome, as I just reinstalled Win2kPro, and am having the exact same er...

HTML Link from OWA does not work in regular Outlook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 runnning on Windows 2000 server w SP4. Whenever I send someone a link through OWA to a website they cannot open it in regular outlook, but when they click on the link by logging in through OWA it works fine. I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue. Following is an example of a link: http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05_KapaluaBayRedevelopment.ht ml The link above translate into the following: /exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05 _KapaluaBayRedevelopment.html Thank you ...