EFS - deleting temp files EFS0.tmp, EFS1.tmp, etc.

Hi,

I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to
remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files
which I cannot now delete and they are really large.

I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and
so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin
privilages and a Google search was fruitless.

Help :-)

Thanks

0
David

"David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to
> remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files
> which I cannot now delete and they are really large.
>
> I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and
> so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin
> privilages and a Google search was fruitless.
>
> Help :-)
>
> Thanks

Couple thoughts, if you right click on a file, select Properties, then
Security tab and then Edit Permissions, you should be able to set your
permissions so you can manipulate those files. Another thought is you might
have to actually be logged in as Administrator, rather than use Admin
privileges.
HTH,
Dave

0
Dave
6/15/2010 11:11:48 PM
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:11:48 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com>
wrote:

>"David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to
>> remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files
>> which I cannot now delete and they are really large.
>>
>> I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and
>> so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin
>> privilages and a Google search was fruitless.
>>
>> Help :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Couple thoughts, if you right click on a file, select Properties, then
>Security tab and then Edit Permissions, you should be able to set your
>permissions so you can manipulate those files. Another thought is you might
>have to actually be logged in as Administrator, rather than use Admin
>privileges.
>HTH,
>Dave

Thanks, your first suggestion worked. The files were owned by SYSTEM,
but I could add myself with permissions to delete.

Thanks!!!
0
David