Do I need to download SP2 and SP3 even though Windows Update updates my Vista regularly?

I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1.

I have set Windows Update to download updates regularly--and it's
downloaded quite a few so far.

Do I still need to download SP2 and SP3 and install them myself
manually?  Or is Windows Update updating my system in an equivalent way?

--
Steven L.
sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

0
Steven

Steven Litvintchouk;1198418 Wrote:
> I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1.
>
> I have set Windows Update to download updates regularly--and it's
> downloaded quite a few so far.
>
> Do I still need to download SP2 and SP3 and install them myself
> manually? Or is Windows Update updating my system in an equivalent way?
>

> --
> Steven L.
> sdlitvin@newsgroup
> Remove the "NOSPAM" before sending to this email address.

SP2 is still optional while that contains some improvements as well as
certain fixes to improve performance as noticed by many who report that
following the installation of the second service pack released earlier
this year.

There is no SP3 for Vista however. You may be confusing that with the
3rd service pack for XP released in late 2008. You can download SP2
separately and create a new system restore point prior to installing the
service pack. Due to it's it will take a good part of an hour to
complete installation but is worth having on. :)

--
Night Hawk

0
Night

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Amex download issue
1/23/2005 was the last date that my American Express credit card account downloaded into Money (2004). Prior to that it happened automatically daily. I went to the American Express website and downloaded an ofx file - named ofx.ofx - and upon clicking on it and making sure that the account matched, money reported that the info was imported correctly. But it wasn't. There are still no account register entrees past 1/23/2005 (and yes there was activity beyond that date). Any ideas would be appreciated. thx Just spoke to Amex - they are having tech issues and are aware of the...

Is this a correct way of doing an optimistic update
Imagine two different users executing this code at the same time. I can not use the CRecordset Update Delete methods for this. // Check to see if version number has been incremented since this view read in // the client data CClientRecordSet rs(mConn); rs.m_strFilter = "ID = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetKey(); rs.m_strFilter +=" AND "; rs.m_strFilter += "Version = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetVersion(); // Assuming here, this is acting as a lock on tables referenced mConn->BeginTrans(); rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot, NULL, CRecordset::re...

suggestion needed !!!!!!!!!!
In my company the want to calculate phone calls done by each sales person at the end of the day. Please give me suggestion how to implement this. Mahain, A quick solution would be 1) Create an advance find view based on the criteria you are looking for ie. Activity of the type phone call, Status = completed 2) Export the list to Excel (Dynamic pivot table/worksheet) 3) If pivot : Drag and drop relavent fields 3) If worksheet: filter by date and use sum. The advantage of dynamic excel report is it updates itself when ever you open the sheet. Hope this is helpful Venkat http://venkatbendalam...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Integration Manager need a registration key for test company?
Hi all, Can anyone tell if I need the registration key for IM if I am doing some testings on Test company (World Online)? Also, can I specify the company database in IM for the data to import to? Please advise. Thanks You do not need a reg key for the Two Company, and if you are using the standard adapter the data will integrate into the Company that is open in Great Plains. You can Specify which database you want to integrate into by using the SQL Optimizer. You do not need great Plains open for this adapter. "Terry" wrote: > Hi all, > > Can anyone tell if I nee...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

Updating Related Entities Via Workflow
I'm a complete newbie to workflows, so your help is much appreciated. In general my question is, can a parent entity be updated via workflow rules when some event occurs on a related child entity, or does this need to happen via assembly or callout? Specifically... I have a situation where leads come into our system from various places. Because I cannot add leads to a queue, I use a workflow to create a phone call for each lead and add it to a queue. Now, is it possible (through workflow) that when a user accepts the phone call activity from the queue, that the parent lead own...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Continuous update unsuccessful--this is truly bogus
Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006. Example. I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc. Suddenly the account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then never updates after that. I have read where the advice was to delete the online account and reset it up. The problems I have with that are that when I do that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am given only the balance. I have selected the max for account hist...

Download Free ScreenSavers and Wallpapers! -
Download Free ScreenSavers and Wallpapers! - http://offr.biz/HLSCR308312GNAMAYB ...