Desktop Folder Copy or Same?

Hi,
I have a folder on my desktop named Frank. It consists of several
subordinate folders and files. If I right click it I do not see properties
and it does not have the short cut arrow. This folder contains exactly the
same subordinate structure,files and folders as does C:\Users\Owner. In other
words, Owner and Frank are identical. Can I delete it without losing
C:\Users\Owner ?
I have always been confused to see C: subordinate to desktop. The path
displayed by Windows Explorer is Desktop > Computer > C: Since everything
must be on C:, I would think C: would begin the hierarchy.
Thanks
Frank
--
Frank C
Dell Inspiron 530S

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:33:03 -0700, Frank C wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a folder on my desktop named Frank. It consists of several
> subordinate folders and files. If I right click it I do not see properties
> and it does not have the short cut arrow. This folder contains exactly the
> same subordinate structure,files and folders as does C:\Users\Owner. In other
> words, Owner and Frank are identical. Can I delete it without losing
> C:\Users\Owner ?
> I have always been confused to see C: subordinate to desktop. The path
> displayed by Windows Explorer is Desktop > Computer > C: Since everything
> must be on C:, I would think C: would begin the hierarchy.
> Thanks
> Frank

This occurrence makes no sense to me, so I suspect it would be prudent to
not delete the folder-like object it until someone who actually knows what
it is comes along :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

Moving a mail from sent items to another folder
Hi Guys. Wonder who can help, as I am a little baffled... When I try to move a mail from sent items to another folder (one that I have created), I dont get an error message, but when I go to that folder the mail is not there!! I am using drag 'n drop and it is Outlook 97. If you could mail your response to me at my e-mail address I would be grateful. andreas@itjockies.co.za ...

SBS migration 2k3 to 2k8 - Public Folders
Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction please. I am following the MS guide v3 and have got an error with "Move Exchange Server Public Folders" section. pg40 When i right click on the public folder store and then click move all replicas I get an error as follows An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Facility Win32 ID no: c0072746 Exchange System Manager I have ignored and carried on in the meantime and am currently at page 49 Migrate internal website. I cannot find any resolutions for this error on the web. I have tried u...

Various 2008 Microsoft and Template Folders... Help Me Understand??
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284189048_6050700 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit First, I have been reading threads about the crashes and have followed two pieces of advice. I just don�t know how best to put things back together. I was having all sorts of crashes with Word, PowerPoint and Excel 2008. I have already been through the database nightmare with Entourage with the help of a great MS tech on the phone. I had to ...

I need to recover a copy of a file I have changed
I changed document in Publisher and saved it with the name of a file I really need. Is there anyway I can recover the original file? Walt wrote: > I changed document in Publisher and saved it with the name of a file > I really need. Is there anyway I can recover the original file? ===================================== Replaced (overwritten) files are non-recoverable unless you have some type of backup. Just for example...some versions of Vista have a feature called Shadow Copy. Windows Vista - Shadow Copy http://tinyurl.com/37sclr -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital ...

API: Laptop or Desktop ?
Hi: Is there an API to find out if the PC is a loptop or desktop? Thanks in Advance! Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uXvSKMxDFHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there an API to find out if the PC is a loptop or desktop? What is it about the configuration that you need to know? Take a quick look at the docs for GetCurrentHwProfile(). It can give you information about the docking state of the system. Does that help you? Regards, Will I'd like to find out if the PC is a loptop or not. Thanks. "William DePalo [MVP VC+...

FOLDER PROBLEM
A COUPLE OF PERSONAL FOLDERS IN MY OUTLOOK GIVE A CANNOT DISPLAY THIS FOLDER MESSAGE WHEN OPENED. LAURA wrote: > A COUPLE OF PERSONAL FOLDERS IN MY OUTLOOK GIVE A CANNOT > DISPLAY THIS FOLDER MESSAGE WHEN OPENED. please turn your caps lock off. ...

File attachment folder
How can you access the folder where the email file attachments are stored? IF I open an attachment and do a "save as", it defaults to c:\documents andSetting\username\local settings\Temp Internet File\Temp\OLKAF. If I open Explore and drill down to that folder, there is no TEMP folder much less OLKAF folder. Where does this exist? Is this some sort of symbolic link back to the Exchange server? It won't show in Explorer or My Computer. If you use a CMD.EXE session you can navigate down to it. "Patrickm" <pmatthews@paysbig.com> wrote in message news:e869...

Posting to a public folder From Field Greyed Out
Afternoon, I have done a search online for any reference to outlook 2007 public folder posts and from field greyed out but can't seem to find anything to explain why this is happening. Currently users in outlook 2000 post items in outlook using the from field and select a team from the Gal instead of from an indervidual, now they are migrating to 2007 they do not have this ability as the From Field is Greyed out. Is this a new restriction in 2007 or something that hasn't been set correctly? Thanks -- mdlister Check with the Exchange Administrator to see if...

Can I copy or clone a Price SCHEDULE?
Isn't there a way to quickly & easily clone an entire price schedule? My wife tells me that this can't be done in GP (we're still on v 7.0). When I want to do custom pricing for a new customer, she first creates a new price schedule, then goes thru the time consuming process of adding each inventory item to the new schedule one at a time and configure all the price levels (quantity discounts) for each item manually. Isn't there an easier way? I would think you should be able to have a "Master" price schedule called... say... "Distributor List" ...

Can Exchange 2003 empty Outlook Deleted Items Folder
How do I configure Exchange 2003 SP2 to empty old items my users' Outlook Deleted Items folder? Thanks, Mike Ober. As far as I know, you have to configure this in Outlook for each user. There aren't any settings within Exchange for this that I have seen. Hope you don't have too many users! Andy You will have to create a Mailbox Manager policy. 1. Open ESM 2. Expand the Recipients container, select the Recipient policies container, then right-click on Recipient policies and choose New, then Recipient Policy. 3. Check the Mailbox Manager settings option and click OK 4. G...

Share/Copy .PST data PC#1 Outlook 2003 {--} PC#2 Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager
I have 2 PC's with Office 2003 Pro. I want to install the Office 2007 Beta on one of the PC's, at least the MS Outlook 2007 module, and I want to install THAT with the Business Contact Manager 2007. Will I be able to safely copy my data, i.e. my .PST files back & forth over the coming months between the PC running Outlook 2003 WITHOUT BCM and the one running Outlook 2007 WITH Business Contact Manager? I mean is there any incompatibility between the data files used by Office 2007 and Office 2003? I know that the Business Contact Manager stores its data in MSDE (SQL Server), but ...

More than one copy of Outlook 2007...
Hi, Running Outlook 2007. Every time I click on the Outlook icon, a new instance of Outlook is spawned. How do you disable this 'feature'? I do not want to run more than one copy at a time. thanks! the shortcut you use to open it should have the /recycle switch - this will cause outlook to reuse the current window. why are you clicking on the icon once its open? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook ...

Norton Antispam folder
What do I need to do to enable the Norton Antispam folder. It is always empty whilst spam e-mails go into my INBOX - very annoying. Have you checked the documentation that came with the Norton AntiSpam product? A quick review of the Symantec online knowledge base turned up this article on configuring AntiSpam 2005: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/db7dbf37ab6d8b5085256eda0045925a/860c2d9d9221bc6088256ed9007addbf?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiSpam&ver=2005&src=sg&pcode=nas&svy=&csm=no "Bodster" <stefanbodo@ntlworld.com> wrote in messa...

How disable preview pane on all folders in Outlook
Hi! Is there an easy way to disable the preview pane in Outlook 2002 for all folders in a user's accoount? I have users who do not want to use the preview pane in any folder, and do not want to have to go into each folder and turn it off. Any ideas? Start Outlook with the command line /nopreviewpane. Start->run->outlook.exe /nopreviewpane --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Joe Ketter <jketter@shopko.com> asked: | Hi! | | Is there an easy way to disabl...

2 exact Personal folders
I got a new computer: Win XP Pro, Outlook 2003. I wanted to tranfer my Outlook.pst folder from my older machine over to the new one. I did it, but now I have in the Navigation pane 2 exact sets of Personal Folders (same folders, emails, etc.). When I right click either of the Personal Folder lines, there is no option to delete them. How do I get rid of one of them? Thank you very much. JSG Hi JSG, jsg wrote: > I got a new computer: Win XP Pro, Outlook 2003. I wanted to tranfer > my Outlook.pst folder from my older machine over to the new one. >When I right click > either of...

CRM Desktop Client and Outlook 2007
Hi, The CRM Desktop Client from Outook Setup does not accept Outlook 2007 as a valid Outlook version. How can I install this client? Is there a different client for Outlook 2007 available? Bets regards, Markus Markus, There is a compatibility release coming out for Outlook/Office2007. With RTM for Office happening just last week, we should expect CRM release in the near future. For More info please check here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/30/730678.aspx Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:12:41 +0100, "Markus Broy" <broy@datawebservices_...

Customized Multiple Copy Reports
I am creating a database to keep track of Purchase Orders. I would like the report to print out 4 copes slightly different 1 Marked "Accouning Copy" 2 Marked "Department Copy" 3 Marked "Requestor Copy" 4 Marked "Vendor Copy" Is there a way to do this? I have had no luck trying to figure it out. Thank you Found this: Another simple solution to produce multiple copies is to create a table (tblPrintCopies) with a single integer field. Add one record for each copy required (1,2,3,4,5 etc). Add this table to the recordsource of the report with no join...

Select copy
Hi, With VBA, how can I do a selection.copy of a range ? This is the range in question: Dim myrng As Range Set myrng = Workbooks("Invoices OCT-04.xls").Worksheets("B").Range("a1:b5") Thanks, myrng.Copy Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > With VBA, how can I do a selection.copy of a range ? > This is the range in question: > Dim myrng As Range > Set myrng = Workbooks("Invoices OCT-04.xls").Worksheets("B").Range("a1:b5") > Thanks, > ...

copy and paste text crashes word
If I copy text from Textedit or a pdf (using Preview) and then paste that text into Word it'll crash. Once that happens I have to log out of OSX and come back before Word will run without crashing (it'll open and as soon as I enter a keystroke or select a menu it crashes). Copy and pasting from within word is fine. Running the latest version of Office 2008. Any thoughts? What version/update of OS X? Have you recently repaired disk permissions? The behavior you describe suggests that it may well not be a fault of Word, but that perhaps something is being put on the clipbo...

Public Folders Issue
I'm new to exchange as a whole and even newer to Public Folders. The exchange and public folders was setup previously by another admin and no documentation was created so I've been learning as I go. Anyway, There was a form published to exchange that folks would use to "apply" for vacation time, now the form has changed and when we went to publish it in the way we thought how, it gives me a permissions problem. I can't check the permissions of the systems folders becuase I do not get any folders listed when I choose "system folder view" (ie: no EFORMS) ...

OL2003, missing personal folders
I have setup with Exchange Server 2000 and OL2003 and have been downloading internet mails(personal) to my inbox in the personal folder. I just(and suddenly) lost personal folders from the folder list. There are only mailbox(Jeff), archived and public folders. Can anyone direct me how to get this back on my computer? If I log in from other workstation, I see my personal folders there with all the records, but not from my computer. Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just(and suddenly) lost personal folders from the > folder list. There are only mailbox(Jef...

Copying table from Excel to Publisher
Hi I'm trying to copy a table from Excel to Publisher but when I paste instead of going down the page in 2 columns it converts to four so that the header is on the first row and then rows 2&3 from the Excel spreadsheet are both on the second row of the publisher table, then 4&5 on the third and so on. How do I get it to keep the original formatting? I'm really stumped Jen Try, Insert, Object -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jen2018" <jen2018@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E4E592C-6E69-467B-AA38-A916FE53A0CF@microsoft.com... &g...

Put Password on Folder in Win 7
I have Win 7 (64 bit) and want to hide a folder and password protect it. I knew how to do this in XP. I have created a compressed folder (and put the stuff in it I want to password protect. The next step was to double click it and then click Fille/Password Protect. However, when I click File, I do not see the option to password protect. All I see is "Extract All" and "Close". Can someone tell me how to do this in Win 7? Thank you in advance. Bob On Feb 26, 9:18=A0pm, "Bob S" <B...@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Win 7 (64 bit) and...

Outlook 2003, iCalendar, different folder
I have an iCalendar file that I want to import into an existing Outlook 2003 profile. However, I don't want to merge the appointments with the existing calendar; I want to create a separate calendar folder and import the iCalendar file into that. It seems that Outlook can only import iCalendar files into the default calendar folder. I could copy the default calendar into a temporary folder, delete the default calendar's appointments, import the iCalendar file, copy the imported calendar to a new calendar folder, delete the default calendar's appointments, copy th...

Is there a way to copy text from a published knowledgebase article?
Hello, This is a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Our helpdesk quite often needs to pass on instructions from the knowledgebase to our people in the field. However, once a knowledgebase article has been published, copying of text from it is disabled. Is there a way to enable that feature? Sorry, if this is a basic question, but I've googled this quite extensively and I've searched through the manuals without any results. Thank you for any replies. Pete ------=_NextPart_0001_00C5BA0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Pete~ I am a...