Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0

Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut =
--  for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Can anyone tell me how to change the =
icon on a=20
Microsoft file/shortcut --&nbsp; for example, an excel spreadsheet or =
MCE=20
recording?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0--

0
rak

rt click the shortcut

PS its not generally a terribly good idea to store files on your desktop

"rak" <rakess@charter.net> wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut --
for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?

0
DL
1/24/2010 8:08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply.  Got the point.  Most are copies that I am working on
at the moment.  Sorry about oversight.  I should have mentioned I'm using
windows 7 and office 2007.  Right click on most icons gives me an option to
change the icon under one of the properties tabs.  Right clicking on Office
and MC files does not -- at least I can't find it.

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> rt click the shortcut
>
> PS its not generally a terribly good idea to store files on your desktop
>
> "rak" <rakess@charter.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut --
> for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?

0
rak

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?
With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise hi, check this....... Tools>options>general Tab... Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked. that's all i can think of Regards FSt1 "Jeff S" wrote: > With Excel not opened, all of ...

Mystery price changes-anybody experienced????
When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the previous item automatically populates and changes on the next item. Has anybody experienced this? Very frustrating. Any suggestions? Apply the latest hotfix for RMS. This will resolve the issue. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF21959-BD09-4005-B635-409A2EBD4570@microsoft.com... > When I have been updating items in Manager, sometimes the price from the > previous item automatically populates and changes o...

duplex printing question, change record order to line up with other side?
i have a report that i need to make the opposite side match up with the correct record. it is setup to print 4 records, 2 across then 2 below. like 4 post cards on a landscape page. records for each customer need to match up with the mailing address on the reverse side. so the records are switched if i were to make the report right now. basicly records start 1 and 2 on the top of the landscaped page then 3 and 4 under. so on the reverse side records need to be 2 and 1 then 4 and 3 under. i havent made the opposite side for mailing address yet. i need some info on how i need to do this....

SD card
For Win CE 5.0/6.0 I'm supposed to implement a feature as follows:- Store a "configuration file - like *.ini " in SD card and when system starts up, need to read that ini file and do several things like set a flag to turn some LED on/off, assign network adpater with IP settings, provide a URL to jump to etc., which our customer will cuztomize at their discretion based on how they want system to startup by default. How to go about doing this ?. Any tips will be really helpful regards, GS-ICN On Feb 1, 10:40=A0pm, "GS" <madan...@gmail.com> w...

Running two files simultaneously....
Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have one for personal use and one for business use, but am always having to close out of one and open the other. I'd love to be able to have a window for each open at the same time in order to view information.....MS Money 2001 Simultaneously? No. "william" <turnerinsurance@epride.net> wrote in message news:4c5a01c490f1$37b36bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have > one for personal use and one for business use, but am > always having to close out of one and open t...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

Why does spell check change to English(US) on replies/forwards?
My default language is set to English(UK) spell checker reverts to English (US) when replying or forwarding messages. How can I change this so it is always English(UK)?Cheers,Tom ...

creating a file of particular extension
dear friends, i am using ms access 2003, vb6. i want to create a file of extension ".gms" . how can i do this? also after creating it, i want to run it with default viewer application( default opening application for that particular type extension). how can i do this? thanq There's nothing magic about file extensions: you can use whatever you want. To associate your extension with a specific application, see what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/reg/association.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "r...

run an excel file remotely
Hi all i got an excel application that generates reports from underlying pivot tables. the reports are generated using excel 2003. but most of the clients donot have licenses for 2003 and some of the features of 2003 cannot be used when the file is opened from the client system. for example GETPIVOTDATA is not very flexible as it was in 2003 version. So is it possible to run the excel application from the server without being copied to the client system. This also helps in maintaing single version of the excel file rather than multiple versions on each client system. Thanks in adva...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Internet Explorer to Microsoft Outlook
I'm a type of person that doesn't care for all of the frills that are displayed when I go on line to read my e- mail. I would like to have only the Outlook format instead of all of the garbage displayed across the top of the screen. How do I have all of my e-mails to tranfer over from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Outlook? Internet Explorer doesn't do e-mail...are you using one of the online services? If so, which one, and which version of Outlook do you have? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- pleas...

Sumproduct
I am using Sumproduct with three variables (Person, Product and Month). I am using data validation lists for the end user to select the person, product and month. I would like to be able to add a "Total" to the person list so that when the end user chooses "Total" and a product and month that the Sumproduct would only use the two other criteria (Product and Month) and be able to see the totals of those criteria for all Persons. I know I could nest IF THEN statements with the Sumproduct, but is there a better way??? Appreciate the help! No, an IF/THEN m...

Microsoft Money 2003
I have been using Microsoft Money 2003 almost every day for years without problem until this weekend. Like others, I was locked out of my file and receive the message: “The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file.” I have tried restoring from the backup, but this gave the same error. I have tried the procedure suggested at: Article ID: 902466 but this requires a password to repair the file and so is useless in this case. I have tried everything at: Article ID: 891338 without success. I see that back in 2004, PC World published an article about when all users ...

About Gif files
Hi, i need information regarding to how to emedded gif files in a dll. so that, that dll work as a library of gif files. How can i do that? Thanks in advance regards, koti Read this about creating a resource only dll. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Create_a_Resource.2d.Only_DLL.asp Then you can import you gif files by bring up the new resource dialog from resource view, and select import. Once you select the gif file the program will ask you what type it is. Type in GIF. And you are set. AliR. "Ram" &l...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

Backing Up Files
I have just finished a back-up of my files as of June 30th, It took 5 DVD's to complete using the "Back Up Program" on my Vista Home Premium, 32 bit start menu. Does this sound reasonable? If it became necessary to restore my files following a hard disc problem, would all my spreadsheets, letters, programs, registry, desk top, etc. be restored to the condition they are now? If not, what would likely be lost? As you see, I am not very knowledgeable concerning computer details. Thanks for any help you can offer. Gene L. On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:03:55 -0400, &qu...

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

orphan personal folders file
I've got a personal folders entry on my outlook 2003 folder list that isn't connected to any actual folders. If I click on it I see an error message that says "The set of folders could not be opened" Presumably somewhere in the registry is an entry that leads to a null or non-existant file. Could anyone point me at a remedy? I've searched MS Support but no help there. Thanks Posted here countless times. You have a corrupt profile, probably from migrating a data file incorrectly. It's harmless. If you want to fix it, create a new profile from scratch. --...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

File does not display
I have a user that has a password-protected file that does not display after providing the password. The sequence is as follows: After double-clicking on the file the password dialog box is displayed, where I enter the password After clicking OK, another dialog box is displayed with the message "The filename.xls is reserved by user name. Enter the password for write access or open as read only. The OK command button is grayed out, until I provide the password so I provide the password again and click OK. I am then returned to the null menu. Going to Window, all options are g...