Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0

Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut =
--  for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Can anyone tell me how to change the =
icon on a=20
Microsoft file/shortcut --&nbsp; for example, an excel spreadsheet or =
MCE=20
recording?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0--

0
rak

rt click the shortcut

PS its not generally a terribly good idea to store files on your desktop

"rak" <rakess@charter.net> wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut --
for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?

0
DL
1/24/2010 8:08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply.  Got the point.  Most are copies that I am working on
at the moment.  Sorry about oversight.  I should have mentioned I'm using
windows 7 and office 2007.  Right click on most icons gives me an option to
change the icon under one of the properties tabs.  Right clicking on Office
and MC files does not -- at least I can't find it.

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> rt click the shortcut
>
> PS its not generally a terribly good idea to store files on your desktop
>
> "rak" <rakess@charter.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut --
> for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording?

0
rak

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

Track Changes items look different on two computers

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

Full path of a file in a VS2005 project?
How do you check the dir path of any of the files (.cpp. .h, etc) included in any of the VisualStudio2005 projects? The best way to find out would be in the Solution Explorer, normally on the left side, position on the file name, right click and select Properties. But there is no hint anywhere about the full path location. On Jul 2, 1:55 pm, "mar...@hotmail.com" <mar...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How do you check the dir path of any of the files (.cpp. .h, etc) > included in any of the VisualStudio2005 projects? > > The best way to find out would be in the Solution Ex...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

microsoft outlook #43
hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. joemily02 wrote: > hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral > times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, > and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give > me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. you need to contact your IT...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

mouse point changes to paper with bent edge when selecting workshe
Having problems with Excel 2003. It will work fine for awhile then start acting strange. This started a couple of weeks ago. If you click on a worksheet tab, the mouse pointer changes. It has a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Once this happens, we can not get it to change back. If you scroll out of the excel sheet, this paper turns into a black circle with a line through it. The only way to get out of excel is to go into task manager and end task. This brings up a message that you cannot exit excel. Eventually you do get prompted to end excel as it is not res...

Why can't I see my Outlook Archive files
Hello XP home 2003 I set up the auto archive per instructions to include seperate instructions for deleted files. The prompt appears every 14 days and I say yes. The auto archive system set up a folder on my E:\Documents volume called: archive.pst which shows 144KB and Archive folders on my folder list. When I select any of the archive folders they all appear empty. The deleted file function works fine. Does anyone have an opinon of whats going on? Thanks. 144kb doesn't sound big enough to hold much data. Have you told Outlook to archive items older than 1 month, 2 months, or wh...

Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent
Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent cell ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a7b8ab80-b31f-40cf-8e15-61852a054bd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc This is not p...

How to change decimal separators when importing text (csv) files?
I have a problem importing text files into Excel 2007. I'm currently working on a German version of Excel 2007 running on a German version of Windows XP Pro. Whenever I try to import data from a text file (csv), every number with a decimal separator is recognized as text. This clearly is because of the decimal separators. The csv files use points to separate decimals, whereas this German Windows is used to separate decimals using commas. Although the text import wizard allows me to select what type of decimal and thousands separators are to be used, the separators are always reset to th...

Can't download large files using IE
I am unable to download large files ( 2 to 6 GB) from a web site using Internet Explorer but I am able to download using Firefox. I have various issues with IE 6 and IE7. With IE6, a partial file was downloaded of siz 1.65 GB instead of 6 GB. No error - just an incomplete file. I've been told IE has a limit on the size of files it can download. Does anyone know what that limit is and is there a way to change or disable it? Or any other issues which might be preventing this? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63A026-...

Cannot get working password change functionality in OWA
I've got Password change button and set up SSL with SelfSSL tool from IIS 6.0 resource kit, tested SSL with SSL Diagnostic tool. SSL seems working: when I assigned it to complete Exchange web site it works fine https://testsrv/exchange But when I click on Change Password buttonI am getting: The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar o...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

Changing dates with a macro
I have a list of 7 dates, any Monday - Sunday, and I want to write a macro, that when run, will change the first date to 7 days in the future, and then have all the other dates respond to the change in the first date. I have taken an unused cell, and added 7 to the first date, but when i copy, or drag to the original cell, it either gives a #REF or the other cells wont respond. I write my macros by stepping through the processes. I don't know enough to actually write one using the visual basic language. A B C 1 8/30 Mon 2 +A1+1 =A2 ...

Missing files
Can somebody tell me what these missing files are,and should I worry about not having them. iecontlcdll,iecontdll,ieuinit.. Also is there a free download for these..... -- lennox lennox wrote: > Can somebody tell me what these missing files are,and should I worry > about not having them. iecontlcdll,iecontdll,ieuinit.. Also is there a > free download for these..... ===================================== Maybe the following articles would be worth a look: Iecontlc.dll Not Found Error Resolution http://tinyurl.com/y6uau8q ......or..... http://pcsupport.about.c...

Addin
Hi All, I am not sure how to word this. I want to make an addin that monitors which files are opened. When a particular file is open, then run a macro. I don't want the marco in the file in question, because the people I send the file too, see the message about a macro, and refuse to open it, or it gets block. I know I could call the macro from a button, but I thought having the marco start when the file is opened would be easier. Thanks Chad There are application events that you can tie into. Start a new workbook and put this in the ThisWorkbook Module: ...

What is Unicode Format while saving xls File
Hello, I highly appreciate your help in clarifying my doubts for the following questions (we are using Excel 2000) 1. would like to know what is the Unicode Format(UTF8/ UTF16) in which the *.Xls file is saved when we save the File in Unicode Format. 2. What will the Delimiter when we save *.xls to Unicode File. (It looks like Tab delimited file). 3. Again when converting the *.xls to Unicode *.txt File, Can we make the File Data to be Enclosed in Quotes when a single cell has more than one word (By Default Cell Values which has a Comma gets Enclosed with Quotes). Thanks a bunch,...

Automatic payment dates seem to arbitrarily change themselves
This has happened to me 3 times. I have several dozen automatic payments set up and usually they work fine. But suddenly inexplicably seemingly arbitrarily 3 times it has happened where the "next due date" increments itself by 2 months for all my automatic payments. To fix it I have to manually cancel each APAY series and adjust the next due date and set it back to autopay - quite a big nuisance. Does anybody haveany ideas why this happens or an easier way to fix it when it does happen? Thank you. "AlyssaD" <AlyssaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Reply to Signature Font Size Changes
I have set up my signature for new messages and reply to messages to have an Arial font of size 10. New messages work fine but when I click reply to a message my signature is font size 12. I have changed the font size everywhere I can find it, but it still comes up size 12. I heard this is related to CSS, but I can't find the CSS template it uses. Any suggestions. By the way, this happened in Outlook 2003 and now in 2007. Did you find a resolution to this? I have a customer experiencing the same problem. "Tina" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:e7pA...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Oepning more than one file
Hello All, Using Excel XP. When I open three Excel files at one time it shows the Microsoft Excel tab on the task bar instead of showing me the individual files tabs. It did this at one time but now just shows the Microsoft Excel tab. If I want to see the 2nd file I opened I have to minimize the first file. How can I get the gingival file names to show up on the task bar. Thank for any help. Michael Mike, tools, options, view, windows in taskbar -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from i...

Viewing Links to source file
Is there a way to view just where the link to a source file is in a destination workbook? Markstro I don't have an answer, but my problem is along the same line. My new workbook has a link to an old workbook of mine and I can't find where the link is or how to break it! Allan >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to view just where the link to a source file is in a >destination workbook? >Markstro >. > Hi you may use the following Add-in for this http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mark...