Backing up Contacts

How can I back up my Vista Windows Mail Contacts?  I just want to put them
in a folder which I can transfer to a disk when I back up my data.

Thanks

Drew

0
Drew

The Windows Mail contacts are just plain text files in a folder....
C:\Users\<yourlogin>\Contacts.
Just include this folder in your backups.

Additionally, you might want to export the contacts into a CSV file for
additional protection.
In WM, open Contacts, Export - CSV, etc.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
> How can I back up my Vista Windows Mail Contacts?  I just want to put them
> in a folder which I can transfer to a disk when I back up my data.
>
> Thanks
>
> Drew

0
Dave

Reverying back to Office 2004 from Office 2008
I need to revert back to Office 2004 because Office 2008 Student Edition won't access my Exchange Server. How would I go about this while keeping my identitry? From the last several posts in this thread, under "how to go back" http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/64543d7f938c0c09/5b9cd43909f48421#5b9cd43909f48421 2 options: 1) use Entourage 2008 to export an archive of your identity. Entourage 2004 should be able to open that archive. (File Export and File Import) 2) Your Office 2004 identity should still be in username...

Form is appearing off the screen- how do I get it to come back?
I edited a Access form on a dual monitor machine, and now people with smaller monitors can't see it- where is the property to determine where it appears? ...

recieve copy back that e-mail recieved and opened
i want to reive a meggeg back that e-mail has been recieved and opened ...

Contacts in GAL
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C485C6.3A8FD4E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I create a new contact, it doesn't make it's way over to the global = address list. It shows up under "contacts", but we need it to show up in = the GAL as well. It's just recently quit working for reasons unknown. We = haven't changed any policies or anything.=20 Has this happened to anyone else? --=20 JEFFREY (SCOTT) SALDANA ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C485C6.3A8FD4E0 C...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

Cannot read Notes contacts by using Outlook
Hi, all, I have the following installed: MS Outlook 2003 MS Outlook Connector for Domino (Outlook 2003/2002 Add-in: Notes Connector: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8ebbba59-5f17-4e52-8980-c4f0dfa92d65&DisplayLang=en) Domino Notes Client 5.0.11 With Outlook Connector, I can smoothly sync between my Outlook and Notes, except that my Outlook cannot sync the Personal Address Book of my Notes. My Outlook can view all the server address book of Notes but cannot view the local Personal Address Book of Notes. What should I do? Many thanks. ...

Companies with no contacts
I wondered if it is possible to create a query through Advanced Find to see which of the companies (Accounts) do not have an active contact. Kind regards Adele Hi Adele, In Advanced Find, look for Contacts (Parent Customer) under Accounts. Specify the search criterion as Status Reason Equals Inactive. Is this what you're looking for? Niths "Adele" wrote: > I wondered if it is possible to create a query through Advanced Find to see > which of the companies (Accounts) do not have an active contact. > > Kind regards > Adele ...

Windows Live Mail contacts lost
Hello, I couldn't get connected to Windows Live Messenger (Error code 8e5e05f6) and I found out on the web that the problem would be solved by deleting "Windows Live contacts" folder, which I did. I then restarted my PC Windows Live Messenger now works but I have lost all my Windows Live Mail contacts. I restaured that deleted folder but the contacts aren't back. Is there a way to get them back? Thanks PS : I am using Vista After checking my disk, I noticed I now have 2 "Windows Live Contacts" folders One is named "Windows Live ...

Change Multiple Contacts

how do i "import contacts" without Email Addresses?
I was wondering if someone knew how to add a placeholder email address to all contacts? SharePoint wont seem to allow you to import contacts that do not have a email address, and I have a client with 4800 contacts and about 90% don't have email addresses. Manually entering a email address for each would be a giant pain. I'm wondering if there a tool or option in outlook that will simply add "blank@blank.com" to all contacts that do not have anything in their email field? Maybe there is away to import the contacts without a email address, i cant seem to find it anywhere. I hav...

Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager
Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager. I have standard Outlook in Office Enterprise 2007. These instructions come from Office.Microsoft.com -- "Volume License customers who purchase Office Professional Plus 2007 or Office Enterprise 2007 may download Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager by visiting the volume licensing services Web site or may request the assistance of their reseller." I don't see any intructions. and use an HP computer with OEM software. It doesn't sound like you're a volume license customer. "tomsha...

2 contacts folders with the same name, but I see just 1 of them, How to delete the 2nd?
Hi, In my outlook 2000, I managed to create a contact folder twice with the same name (I don't know how, but I did). Now both folders appear when I click on the "To" button in a new e-mail. One of them contains my contacts and the other is empty. I want to delete the empty one. The problem is that one one of those 2 folders appear under contacts and it's the one that contains my contacts (not the empty one). How can I delete the empty one? Thanks ThunderMusic Very odd. I'd love to know how you did that. You should post your mail support mode before we try anythin...

adding a contact from the calendar...
adding a contact from the calendar.. my "point of entry" is often in the calendar.. a new prospect calls for an appointemen i go to my calendar and check for an open date and tim i then take the prospects name, address, phone, etc i would like to place this info in my contacts folder (for future reference). ?what is the best way to do this... thank you. Create a new appointment and customize your Toolbar to add the button for a new Contact to your Toolbar. I've placed the button for a new Contact next to the Invite Attendees button -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com ...

Linking or Synchronizing contacts in different OL Contacts folders
Win XP HE, SP1 OL 2002 SP3 Follw-Up to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Hi, Is there a way to sycn or link contacts that appear in different Contacts folders in OL 2002 (folders and sub-folders) so that when I edit one it will automatically edit the same contact in the other folder or sub/folder? Tx, S If these Contacts are linked to each other by the Contacts button and field at the bottom of the form, then yes you have a valid hook for updating the related Contact when the parent is changed. To do so, you'd need to use either: 1) A custom Contact form. Add code in the Item_Writ...

How can I get the standard back ground color of a form?
I changed the color of my custom switch board form and could not change back to the form original color as none of the colors in the fill/back color matches the original color( one which is default when we create a new FORM). Any thoughts? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote in message news:a3c875d73012e@uwe... > I changed the color of my custom switch board form and could not change > back > to the form original color as none o...

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

moving/exporting backup files back to microsoft outlook (not express)
I have been trying to import files from a backup file that was done in Outlook Express format. The files were backed up from Microsoft Outlook after a virus disabled my computer (laptop). The files were backed up to another computer which used Outlook Express. After my hard drive was formated, the files were copied to my desktop under backups. I would like to get the files back to Outlook from Outlook Express. I have tried to import these, however only one file copies. Can someone help me with this ASAP. Thanks so much, Shelby you should be able to import the messages directly...

Outlook Contacts #8
We have migrated addresses from GroupWise version 6 to Outlook 2002. Addresses are then copied into Outlook Contacts. When addressing a message, Outlook displays "Contacts" twice in the Select names dialog box. One of these Contacts is empty. The other has the addresses. Problem: Would like to delete the empty Contacts folder. However, it does not appear in the folder list. ...

business contact manager w/ outlook 2003
would really like to sync with pocket pc - any suggestions? ...

Copying Back end to web-based server
Hello, I have a split front end and back end database. I'm trying to put it on a server that is webbased so that when I try to copy, it says it doesn't accept locked files. Is that mean it's making it a read-only copy? When I try to copy a simple MSAccess databse, I get the same error, but when I copy a MS Word document, I have no problem. Has someone had this problem before and what did you do? Varvara ...

contacts cannot be added as address book service in OL 2003
hi, it has happened to me multiple times - for OL2K3 for sure - that I couldn't add "contacts" in the Options of "Address Book". It just didn't show up there. Afterwards of course the "Outlook Address Book" tab of folders containing contacts was also not working. Do you have any ideas what might cause this behaviour? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks and regards, Sandor Teglasy jun. Not having the Outlook Address Book included in the profile will cause this 100% of the time. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming ...

How do I get back the uninstall file for WLM?
I have been wrestling with this for a few weeks now. Can't log in to WLM, I have reinstalled Windows 7 2x now and cannot find the uninstall files to clean uninstall and reinstall the messenger. Any suggestions as to how to get it back? -- Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don''t need to be done. Andy Rooney US news commentator (1919 - ) Hi, You can't log into Windows Live Messenger with version 7.2x any longer. You need to upgrade to the latest version. http://messengersays.spaces...

Appts. bounce back
I am admin for an Exchange 2003 with only 5 users. The users each have a local domain account. The domain is not registered , only used in house. They use a POP3 for email btween not only themselves, but all their outside customers. The client(Outlook 2003) is configured with the POP3 account first, then the Exchange account. All incoming mail is delivered to the exchange account Inbox to prevent Local and exchange accounts from showing up in the folder list, confuses the users Here is what happens: When an Appt. is forwarded to an outside email address, it either gets bounced or goes...

Field Mapping from Access database to Contacts in CRM
I am trying to prepare a diagram that will show: 1. Existing fields in my Access database 2. Matching fields from Contacts table in CRM 3.0 The goal of this project is to find out the fields that CRM does not have, and add them prior to data migration (using Scribe). Does anyone know any tool that can help me to speed up this process? I know that Scribe can do data mapping itself. Is this the best way to go? Thanks! ...