auto play 03-26-10

I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs
on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD
files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open the "Set
AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down menu of
choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen?

Thanks

"D Van Deusen" <lucasfalls@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs on the PC using
> Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD files when they are inserted. When I use
> the Control Panel to open the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down
> menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen?
>
> Thanks

The software , PowerDVD, has to write a registry entry to make itself appear on the
drop-down menu. If your version of PowerDVD does not have that option then there's
not much you can do, unless you are able to hack the registry yourself.
What version of PowerDVD are you running, perhaps an upgrade may fix it.

0
Dave
3/26/2010 7:34:53 PM
It's version 5. The odd thing is that I was able to set PowerDVD as the
default  autoplay choice at one time. Only recently did it change. The only
new thing I did was to update another Cyberlink program, Power Director8.
But I never intentionally changed any file associations or autoplay options.
It's not a big deal but one of many things about Vista that I find annoying.

"Dave-UK" <Here@Home.com> wrote in message

> "D Van Deusen" <lucasfalls@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play
>> DVDs on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay
>> DVD files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open
>> the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down
>> menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> The software , PowerDVD, has to write a registry entry to make itself
> appear on the
> drop-down menu. If your version of PowerDVD does not have that option then
> there's
> not much you can do, unless you are able to hack the registry yourself.
> What version of PowerDVD are you running, perhaps an upgrade may fix it.

Formula #10
Formula in C3 is =IF(E3>D3/12,E3,D3/12). I would like to have the cell (d3 or e3) where the data entered last control the answer in c3. -- Val Put this in C3 instead..... =IF(COUNT(D3:E3)=2,IF(E3>D3/12,E3,D3/12),"") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEC352A2-AF08-4796-BF77-E5C1F3F02E3A@microsoft.com... > Formula in C3 is =IF(E3>D3/12,E3,D3/12). > > I would like to have the cell (d3 or e3) where the data entered last control > the answer in c3. > -- > Val ...

FS:MSCRM Sales Server + 10 standard licenses
Sorry to post this here, but I figure that someone may need an inexpensive way to get started with MSCRM. This license is fully transferable and all media would be included. If interested please email a reasonable offer. Why are you selling? "Gary" <ghawton@ndc.com> wrote in message news:%23XjY95hsDHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Sorry to post this here, but I figure that someone may need an inexpensive > way to get started with MSCRM. This license is fully transferable and all > media would be included. If interested please email a reasonable offer. > >...

Auto Hide Columns
I have a spreadsheet like this: -------------------------Dept 1----Dept 2----Dept 3----Dept 4----etc (Cells C5:R5) Expense Code A Expense Code B Expense Code C Expense Code D Expense Code E etc Drop down validation box in Cell B4. When I choose a Dept from the dropdown box I want every other Dept Column to be hidden. My knowledge of VB doesn't extend beyond being able to paste into a module & some basic editing so any help is appreciated on this ! Phil Hi Phil i can give you a solution to your situation, but i would rather like to suggest a re-working of your spreadsheet to ...

Tracking Auto Expenses
I'm an accountant and want to create a database to track rental, repair, tax and fuel expenses for our leased vehicles. I want to enter an expense item in Access and have the database fill in the Branch and GL Expense account. But, I can't think of a way to do this because an auto can be transferred to a different branch. How can I set up a database that will look at the date of the expense and look to see where that vehicle was located at that time to determine what GL expense account to use? I have limited exposure to Access and just don't know where to start ...

auto filter through blank cells
I have a form with blank rows (used to divide sections) When i turn on the auto filter, the selections in the pulldown men only includes the cells from the first block of cells - i.e. it stop filtering when the first blank cell is reached. Is there a way to make the filter see past the blank cells? Thanks!! Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dave, There might be a better way to deal with this, but you might want to try using a helper column. Enter this formula in a column and copy it down: =IF(B2,TRUE) You should now be able to filter all of your data. Hope this...

outlook not auto synchronising
hi, using outlook2002 on xchange2000.. when in outlook my emails not coming through until i physically click on outlook then they all come streaming in.. something like a wakeup call.. anyone knows where to turn this on auto? thanks in advance. OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail s...

error message 03-19-07
when i try and edit data in particular fields I get the following error Records(s) cannot be read; no permission on '~sq_cEdit/Delete a Record~sq_cFeature_02. any i idea how I fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 Auto Forward Rules do not forward Attachment Correctly
I am having trouble with Outlook 2003. I have rule that is setup on a general mailbox that auto-forwards anything coming in to a distribution group. When a messages is forwarded to this mailbox the attachments on the message are just a blank new email form (64kb) and not the original attachment. If the rule is turned off then the attachment is viewable. If anyone has any insight, pleae let me know. ...

10 steps to lower your mortgage
http://mortgagebusters.bravehost.com ...

Drop Down Lists and Auto Fill
I am trying to create a bid calculater. I have created a dropdown list of equipment. Each piece of equipment has a rental rate and an operator rate. How can I make it so when I select a piece of equipment from my drop down list the rental rate is pulld too? You would normally use a VLOOKUP for this, something like: =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0) assuming A1 is where your drop-down is, "table" is a named range covering your data (which may be in another sheet), and that the rate you want is the second column of "table". Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 21, 3:52 pm, Ken <K......

Demonstration of GP 10.0 Financials
Hello, I have done the certification in GP 10.0 Financials and am currently brushing up my skills on the product. It is likely that in two weeks time I will have to present a demonstration of the financials module of the product to a prospective customer. Could anyone suggest the best approaches to go about doing the demonstration? Thanks -- Abu Yahya Abu, In my experience, I've found it most successful to determine prior to the demo what the prospect's primary reasons (pain points) are with their existing system and after a brief overview of GP's features, focus on how GP w...

Printable manuals GP version 10.0 on Windows 7
Hi, I have a client that has installed Windows 7 Professional client operating system. They are on version 10.0. The Printable manuals that are accessed via the ? help button do not open. The table of contents of the manuals is available but when you click on a particular series it does not open. They have installed Adobe PDF version 9 latest service packs but this has not fixed the issue. If i locate the manual through windows explore and the documentation folder under GP i can open the manual. Can anyone assist? Thanks -- Geoff James ...

Auto FE Updater problem
I have a problem with Auto FE Updater. Actually Auto FE Updater work just fine, but the server share I am copying FE from is read only, so is the copied FE accde file. When FE starts it says that it is read only and changes wont be saved. How can I remove Read-Only attribute automatically before running application ? exebat <srdjan.vasiljevic@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a problem with Auto FE Updater. > >Actually Auto FE Updater work just fine, but the server share I am >copying FE from is read only, so is the copied FE accde file. > >When FE starts i...

Re: 08-07-10
"Administrator" <thanhvanvic@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:... > ...

Selecting the last 10 records from a specific date
I have a date field and name field, I want to return the last 10 Name records entered from a specific date..... ie: Count back 10 records in the date field from Todays date and display the names from that date, to today.... seems really simple but I can't get it right... =?Utf-8?B?c2VtbWlzb24=?= wrote: > > I have a date field and name field, I want to return the last 10 Name records > entered from a specific date..... ie: Count back 10 records in the date field > from Todays date and display the names from that date, to today.... seems > really simple but I c...

Disable Auto-restart
Running XP and Office 2007. Because of some problem installing Office, whenever my PC restarts, Word comes up in a nobbled state (cut/past and save disabled). Because update has restarted my PC overnight, I end up losing anything I have done in Word that I have not manually saved. I've looked in the registry for NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers and it's not there. I cannot see how to prevent this automatic reboot. Any help appreciated. Bill PS Fixing the problem that Office wants to reconfigure after a reboot would also solve this problem. What is your ...

Joining tables 11-26-09
Hi I have two tables - one for debtors and one for creditors, both have the same columns (name, number, NIP, value). I want to create a table (query) that will combine rows from both tables but only those rows that have the same NIP. Furthermore I want the rows to be grouped by the name with sums on values. I tried this query: SELECT Debtors.name, Debtors.NIP, SUM(Debtors.values) as [Total debts] FROM Debtors GROUP BY Debtors.name, Debtors.NIP UNION ALL SELECT Creditors.name, Creditors.NIP, SUM(Creditors.values) FROM Creditors GROUP BY Creditors.name, Creditors.NIP HAVING C...

Auto Save
How do you turn Auto-Save off so it stays off? I go to tools>autosave and uncheck it but it keeps popping back up. Thanks Are you talking about Tools>Options>Save>Autorecovery in versions 2002 and newer? Or perhaps Tools>AutoSave in versions before 2002? If the latter, go to Tools>Add-ins and uncheck it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:46:49 -0700, speedy <speedy99@msn.com> wrote: >How do you turn Auto-Save off so it stays off? I go to tools>autosave >and uncheck it but it keeps popping back up. > >Thanks ...

Auto selecting print area problem
I have a spreadsheet that is used by many people. For the majority, the setting I have for scale to fit to page works fine. However, there are several users of this spreadsheet that the area selected for printing is different. For the few people that have a problem, the print out looks very small where it looks like a postage stamp and font too small to read. This problem is consistent with the people that have this issue. The spreadsheet does not have "Print Area" defined in the page set-up intentially so it should automatically select the area for printing since sheets ca...

Auto reply message without user being logged on.
Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to the sender even if the user is not logged on to the network. -- Mike C yes you can. Create a rule in outlook that replies or forwards mail to a contact. with this the administrator must also allow "automatic replies" and/or "forward to Internet", this is done i the Global Settings in ESM and the recomendation is not to allow this. /Lasse Pettersson "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D89A021-72E2-42C0-BD93-573E73568E24@microsoft.com... > Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to ...

Auto Reminder for Follow ups
Does anyone know if I am able to automatically set up a 24 hour reminder to any email I flag with a follow up? I know I can set the date and time every time I flag an email but would like a set default time to begin when the email is flagged. Thanks for your help Ryan You can probably do it programmatically (ie code), but may require that you use a custom form for E-mail. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if I am able to automatically set up a 24 hour >reminder to any email I flag with a follow up? I know I can set the >date and time every time I flag an email...

IF Function Help 04-30-10
This is what I need to accomplish in H15: IF D30=0,0 IF E15/D45 = J30 return the value of E15/D45 otherwise "Error" I've been playing with this for some time but just can't seem to get it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, -- Dewayne If(D3=0,0,IF(E15/D45=J30,E15/D45,"Error")) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Dewayne" <Dewayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:341024DA-BB62-4E6D-8F29-CE3304EBE586@microsoft.com... > This is what I need to accomplish in H15: > > IF D30=0,0 > IF E15...

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads
I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services. I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or online setup is unavailable and to try again later. Is this the Yodlee problem people keep speaking about? ...

No really
I've searched all over the place, tried all kinds of things and I can't get a Flash file to play in WPF. Here's the code I'm using: private void WindowLoaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost host = new System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost(); ShockwaveFlashObjects.ShockwaveFlash axShockwaveFlash1 = new ShockwaveFlashObjects.ShockwaveFlash(); host.Child = axShockwaveFlash1; this.FlashGrid.Children.Add(host); strin...

Outlook Freezes #10
We have a user whose Outlook will freeze from time to time. It seems to be related to moving e-mails from the 1 folder to another - i.e. from Inbox to a sub-folder for a customer. The user e-mail account that connects to a POP3 server. All other users are not experiencing this problem. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how we can fix it? Thanks. Let me add that we have run Detect and Repair twice and we thought we had fixed the problem, but it keeps coming back. >-----Original Message----- >We have a user whose Outlook will freeze from time to >time. It s...