application could not be opened the file name was invalid or too long

My iTunes Program could not open I keep getting the following messages
every time i open the program.  "application could not be opened the
file name was invalid or too long"

I tried to repair the program with the repair option from a new iTune
download, this did not fix it.  I then removed the iTune Program and
reinstalled a newer version.  The new installation found and removed
files from my original installation.

I am running Vista on a Tosiba laptop.

Note I am not trying to move or copy music files all I am trying to do
is to open a freshly installed iTune program.

Thanks

--
Menauhant
Menauhant's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/229359.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Menauhant

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Moving files Outlook 2003
I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does anyone know how to accomplish this move? Wayne <was2480@msn.com> wrote: > I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does > anyone know how to accomplish this move? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells the files. The easiest is to simply copy your PST to the new PC, put it in some folder, giving it a name that doesn't match any other PST, make sure it's not read-only, and use Outlook's File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

Problems with opening a few attachments
Hi Everyone I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook. When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message. It is only occurring on a few attachments. I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003). I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them. It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment. I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is. If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be gr...

how to extact a compressed file
I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help Winnie Hello Winnie Winnie wrote: > I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help is this a Word problem? Have you inserted ZIP files as objects in word, for instance? If not, better ask in a forum/newsgroup for your ZIP application or your operating system HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...

Cannot open previous version????
Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" a previous version when it won't open it in the requested version? Might it have something to do with FORCING someone to purchase a current version? (OOPS..I used the word purchase when in fact we're just "leasing" software.) McM Xeno Chauvin <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" > a previous version when it won't open it in the > requested version? What, you mean like Publisher has been doing since Publisher 2000...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

Operation Failed message when opening Outlook 2000
I get an Operation failed message when opening Outlook 2000 with win xp pro OS. Ive tried removing and reloading the program but it goes back to the old settings and will not open. Any ideas? Had troubles with a trojan horse on the same computer affecting IE but got that fixed. ...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

Default Word Attachment Opening View
How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an attachment? I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view. Can this be changed? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

trouble openning file
I am drawing a blank again regarding the correct way to read files. Here is the pertinent section of code I am troubled by: CString JobFile="C:\\temp\\1.dat"; CFile in; CByteArray buffer; if(!in.Open(JobFile, CFile::modeRead)){ AfxMessageBox("Error opening file"); return; } buffer.SetSize(in.GetFileSize()); if(in.Read(buffer.GetData(), buffer.GetSize()) != buffer.GetSize()){ AfxMessageBox("Error reading file"); return; } in.Close(); When I compile I get the following error: error C2039: 'GetFileSize' : is not a member ...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Max limit in resource.h file of VC++
Hi, We specify the next step number for the resources, commands and control by the following. _APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE _APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE Do we have any way to restrict the numbers or specify the max limit. eg. I want my resource to have command values from 1 to 100. So #define _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE 1 // Next command number Can I specify somewhere in the resource.h file saying 100 is the max if it goes beyond 100, throw an error? Thanks, Prashant. ...

Can't open XP file in Windows
We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. The error message is "You cannot open a file from a different version". I would appreciate any assistance on this issue. Hi gwen (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || We have XP machines and Windows machines. A Publisher file || was created in XP and I am unable to open it in Windows. || The error message is "You cannot open a file from a || different version". I would appreciate any assistance on || this issu...

Dynamic range does not appear in name box
I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the define name box. The name works fine in my formulas, but does not appear in the drop-down name box on the formula bar. Is there a way to get this name to appear there? Thanks. Dave Nope. But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp DaveNadler wrote: > > I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the > define name box. The name works fine in my ...

After clicking Reply the window opens but Outlook stays on top
When replying to an email Outlook usually opens the window on top of the program so the Outlook window is covered. However, occasionally when I click on Reply it opens a "reply" window underneath the Outlook window. I have to minimize Outlook to access the reply email. This is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Opening Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2003
I have been sent a file created in 2000, but use 2003, which says it cannot open earlier versions. Is there a download solution to this? -- Ghento Publisher 2003 will open 2000 documents. Some things to try: Disable your anti-virus software. Try opening the file in safe mode. Publisher 2000 and 2003 uses different WordArt, this could be a problem. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft....

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...