Unable to access sharepoint after domain change

Hi,

We have a w2k3 member server with SharePoint 3 that was on a SBS 2003
network. Due to a failed server we had to move it to a new domain under a new
SBS 2008 server. Now when we try to access the old sharepoint we get a login
prompt. Whatever login we try (old domain accounts and new) it denies us
access to the Intranet to retrieve our saved docs.

Is there a way to change the permissions on IIS to allow us to access the
SharePoint?

Thanks in advance,

Lyj

This is likely not an issue with IIS permissions, but is an issue with your
SharePoint credentials themselves.  SharePoint uses its own method for
access control and maps AD accounts to its own groups for this purpose.
Since you moved the server, it is likely that the sharepoint site groups now
have no members within them thus the behavior you are seeing is normal.

You can run the SharePoint Central Administration snap-in on the server to
assign a new administrator, and from there the administrator can add new AD
users and groups to the site groups to regain user access.

-Cliff

"lyj_e1" <lyje1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a w2k3 member server with SharePoint 3 that was on a SBS 2003
> network. Due to a failed server we had to move it to a new domain under a
> new
> SBS 2008 server. Now when we try to access the old sharepoint we get a
> login
> prompt. Whatever login we try (old domain accounts and new) it denies us
> access to the Intranet to retrieve our saved docs.
>
> Is there a way to change the permissions on IIS to allow us to access the
> SharePoint?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Lyj

0