There is a problem with this website's security certificate - Help!

Hi All,

This morning I woke up to a problem with my SBS 2008 SSL certificate
for the remote company website.  When we visit the https://remote.company.com/remote
page, we get the following error message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

Blah blah blah...

In short, I reissued, rekeyed, revoked, and created a new SSL
certificate at Godaddy...but regardless, I still get the same error
message.

Is this a problem with IIS?  Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Ringo
0
Ringo

A bit more info would be good.

As... just wondering, but what does the certificate warning point to? -
is it by chance, pointing to an internally generated (self-generated SBS
server) certificate?

So... what is the problem the cert is generating, exactly, and what cert
is causing it - the GoDaddy one or is it the SBS self-generated one?

--
Duncan.

In article <9e45a7a4-3a9e-4cfa-b4d2-b4135812e193
@b5g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>, ringoenglewood@gmail.com says...

> Hi All,
>
> This morning I woke up to a problem with my SBS 2008 SSL certificate
> for the remote company website.  When we visit the https://remote.company.com/remote
> page, we get the following error message:
>
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
>
> Blah blah blah...
>
> In short, I reissued, rekeyed, revoked, and created a new SSL
> certificate at Godaddy...but regardless, I still get the same error
> message.
>
> Is this a problem with IIS?  Any insight would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Ringo

0
Duncan
6/11/2010 1:07:07 AM
Hello Ringo,

Thanks for your post and Duncan's input.

You may also have a look at the below articles for reference:

Installing a GoDaddy Standard SSL Certificate on SBS 2008
http://sbs.seandaniel.com/2009/02/installing-godaddy-standard-ssl.html

How Do I Distribute the SBS 2008 Self-Signed SSL Certificate to My Users?
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2008/09/30/how-do-i-distribute-the-sbs-2008-self-signed-ssl-certificate-to-my-users.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

XML Serialization problem related to framework versions
Hi all I get an exception when trying to deserialize a simple configuration file using XML Serialization. The very long stacktrace can be seen at the bottom of this message. I've see other messages related a similar error but none of the solutions suggested are valid in case :/ I have tracked the problem down to the compilation of the temporary DLL that handles the actual serialization. The following commandline (that is one single line) is executed by the framework when trying to deserialize my configuration: "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /t:libr...

Read / Unread Problem in mail enabled Public Folder
Hi! I've got a problem with our the "Maintain per-user read and unread information for this folder" -function on our mail enabled public folders. First, i disabled the checkbox "Maintain per-user read and unread.." in the properties of a public folder. this worked without a problem for over one week. Then, i disabled the checkbox on a seconde public folder. the next day, all new incoming messages on both public folders remained in the unread-status, even when they were opened! i enabled the "Maintain per-user read and unread.."-checkbox on a public fo...

The correct root certificate is not installed

Problem with VLookup.....
I have a problem involving 2 workbooks... and I think that VLookup is the answer however there is a glitch. The first workbook had had people entering for a very very long time, job number job description and job writer in that order... column a, b, c respectively. The second work book is going to pull information about specific jobs based on the person that wrote them. so the order of the columns would have to be job writer job number job description, or c,a,b What I want to get is the order of columns reversed when I transfter them to the second workbook. I have a page that will hold an...

Dynamic Table Problem
I am using excel 2007. I had originally asked this question in the function section, but VBA was suggested. I want to create an invoice where the total number of line items is dynamic. I have created the 'header' section of the invoice with company name, customer name, etc and I have created the 'body' of the invoice using a table. This table has Qty, Description, Unit Cost, and Item Cost. Item cost is a formula showing Qty * Unit Cost. This table works great and is dynamic. As I simply type more items, the table automatically expands and formats correctly. ...

connection problem
i have a home network , when i unplug the network cable and turn on my computer , and log on to win xp , it tells me the network cable is unplugged , when i plug the cable into the network card it doesn't tell me lan is now connected , network is active but the icon in the task bar doesn't refresh it's status , and when i log into winxp with unplugged cable , the mapped network drivers in my computer shows that every map drive is connected , it's supposed to tell me couldn't connect to all network drivers, and show the disconnected network drive on the mapped...

Outlook 2002 Problem
Please help! Several E-mail messages from my inbox won't open. I get the following error message when I try to open them. Can't open this item. The operation failed. PS: We are running on a Exchange 2003 server. ...

CRITICAL SECTION Help!
OK, I have two threads running. One handles an encoder input with a hardware counter/timer and determines a frequency (as intFrequency) over a small interval ( 1 second ). The other thread needs to use the measured frequency. I am confused about how to use a critical section to allow the first thread to update the value of intFrequency and be certain that the second thread can get a valid value for intFrequency everytime it needs it. Where do I put the critical section? Do I make it a global declaration and use the enter/leave members from both threads? Is there an good on-line tutoria...

Need Help (VLOOKUP)
Dear All, I need help regrading vlookup. I have table like below: A B C D E F BALE NO. No METTLER HEARSON METTLER HEARSON ========================================================= LB104105990040 1 14.40 14.40 12.95 13.02 LB104122785046 2 15.04 10.69 LB104130680035 3 12.56 11.05 LB104001674036 4 13.53 11.15 LB104106180642 5 14.17 11.72 LB104130586035 6 12.27 12.82 10.36 11.03 LB104005079039 7 16.00 13.09 LB104122784049 8 14.18 11.90 LB104015090039 9 14.72 10.69 LB104122791031 10 13.93 14.07 LB104122790034 11 14.57 14.60 10.30 11.16 LB104105993044 12 14.53 13.06 LB1040831...

Urgent help It this possible???
I have a spreadsheet with row 1 as my header allof the other rows i need exported to a file in the format below. This is critical and any help is greatly appreciated This is my spreadsheet layout. But there could be up to 8000 rows: c_last_name c_first_name c_middle_name c_userid Ables Donna F donna.ables Lovelace Eric eric.lovelace I need to export this to a file in this format. Each row needs to be enclosed in ( ) and each field in that row needs to be in " ...

IBF problem
Hi In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next", the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable". I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Thank you. i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago. it...seems that when you specify Sql authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string ...

Converting database from Access 97 to 2003: problems
Hi, I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003. I am using a workgroup file to secure the database. I have split the database in a front end and a backend. The backend only contains tables. Both databases give problems when trying to convert to an Access 2003. I am describing the conversion of the frontend database. The problem is that i cannot open the tables. This message appears: Reserved error (-1104); there is no message for this error. Explanation of the steps i did. First thing that i did is: started Access 2003 and selected the correct Access 97 workgroup file...

Help please
I'm using Money 2002 Version and in my checking account, i clicked "hide spending thermometer" and i cant figure out how to get it back. anyone know? Tools|Options|Feedback|Personalized Feedback in the Account Register and Portfolio|Options... ??? "FA" <Sylverphire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:058c01c36927$0e214bd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I'm using Money 2002 Version and in my checking account, > i clicked "hide spending thermometer" and i cant figure > out how to get it back. anyone know? ...

INDEX & MATCH
I have problem with INDEX and MATCH I have 3 columns of data, NAME, DATE,TEXT NAME Date Text Carlos 1/1/4 Hello Carlos 2/1/4 Good Carlos 5/6/4 Mountain Carlos 6/6/4 CORRECT1 Peter 5/5/4 Friday Peter 20/6/4 CORRECT2 date is in format dd/mm/yy The formula that I need to use is Look for CARLOS in the database, and retrieve TEXT when NAME is CARLO and DATE is the LATEST (for Carlos of course). In this example if I look for Carlos the data I want is CORRECT1 If I look for Peter the data I want should be CORRECT2 The formula I tried was =index(Names,MATCH(1,(Names=Carlos)*(Dates=Max(Dates))...

help! first timer adding a new acct
help! looking for a little wisdom here-- my fiance and i are trying to combine budgets, and he's already loaded his financial info into Money. i'm digging into it for the first time, and i'm wondering, do i set myself up as a separate file, or somehow add my info to his? we have this crazy idea that by tracking our finances, we MIGHT get together a budget, and MIGHT just be able to compile a wedding budget. thank you! Here's the lowdown on the two choices you've already identified: 1) Joint file: great for managing your expenses jointly, but you will both hav...

Need help figuring out differences
between Windows Excel 2000 and 2002 XP. Any ideas? From the Excel 2002 Help file: ================================== What's New in Excel 2002 Key new features in Microsoft Excel Importing data Querying data from Web pages Now it's even easier to get refreshable data from the Web into Excel for viewing and analysis. Use the new browser-like interface to visually select tables on Web pages for import into Excel, or copy data from a Web page and create a refreshable query. Web queries included with Excel provide fast, accurate information such as stock quotes for your spreadsheet...

PSE HELP: HIGH SPAMMING
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=mesnews_0_1225040238 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am in a dramatic situation From tonight, people from outside are spamming my Exchange 2003 ENT SP1 I tried from my home to look if the server was relayng using SMTP command, and of, course, it was not But some people are able to authenticate on it, and SMAP ! I ran an NetAnalyser with this result 211.158.80.163:3822->192.168.1.21:25 Time 01:54:26:558 0000: 00 11 43 5A 50 64 00 A0 C5 57 A0 FF 08 00 45 00 .....

Help, I need a formula for work.
Help, I need a formula for work. Here is a generic version of my problem? Leauge Team Attendance exceed 20,000? American Yankees Yes American Red Sox No National Phillies Yes National Mets Yes National Giants Yes National Dodgers No American Twins No American Angels Yes =COUNTIF(E3:E10,"YES") Total would be 5 "YES'' Answers ______________________________________________ Now the spreadsheet is FILTERED to only show "AMERICAN" Leauge Team...

Help with copying
I'd like to copy the contents that are in Column A Sheet1 to Column A Sheet2 using a Private Sub procedure, in the worksheet_change, I guess. For example: Once something is entered in Column A Sheet1 then copy it to Sheet2 in the next available cell. Simple but over my head! Thanks in advance Richard Do you want col a from sheet one to be the same as col a in sheet two or is there a criteria for doing so? John "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272c01c4a807$74ac8fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'd like to copy the contents that a...

Save to network drive problems
User has a host of old documents done in Publisher 98. User currently is using Publisher 2002, SP3. She can save new documents to network but when she opens an old one and tries to Save As, even renaming the document, she gets an error saving to the K: drive saying that this is not a valid folder. Our identified workarounds are two: 1) open, copy/paste to new document, save to K:, OR 2) open, rename and save to desktop, copy back to K: drive Is there any reason why she cannot rename and simply save to the network drive? She is able to save other types of files (Word, Excel, etc) to this dr...

problem with outlook #5
i have outlook express on my pc with MIcrosoft office 2000 and Open Office 1.4. I want to every document who comes on mail open with open office not with microsoft office does enybody know how. If i change file association with open office it is good when i save on hard disc but if i try to open in outlook express it opens in MS Office 2000. Do you have some answer for this problem please write. thank you very much Go to Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab and set your preferred default mail program there. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-m...

Printing problem #3
I have come across have a strange bug whereby one computer can print fine which runs windows XP, and another computer running Windows 98 misses out some lines and sometimes cells. Both computers are on the Office XP package printing to the same printer. Presumably the problem lies with the different operating systems? I'm stumped! Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks Stu As a quick wild guess, make sure they each have the proper printer drivers. The same printer may use very different ones for different OS, especially XP. I'll keep the toes crossed that works out. RT...

Outlook problem #38
Lately when I attempt to delete spam from the incoming mail, Outlook hangs up and I receive the following message:CiceroUIWndFrame Anybody know what is happening. I have checked for virus and do not have any. ...

Pivot Table help! #2
I'm hoping someone can give some pointers to a pivot table newbie. I have a bunch of data in three colums: Player, Score, and Date. I want a pivot table that will show me the average Score for every Player, given an arbitrary Date range that I want to be able to specify. I'm partway there. I set up a pivot table, pull Player onto the Row Fields, and I put Score into the Data area. If I put Date into the Row Fields, and then group these by month, it almost gives me what I want -- I can click on "Date" on the pivot table and I have little boxes that I can check off if I...

Extra Carriage Return Problem
Hi, I am using XML XSL to create a CSV file using Transformation. But during the transformation all the Newline characters (CHR 10) is getting translated to Carriage Return and New Line (CHR 13 and CHR 10) causing problems in the display. Is there are any way to resolve this issue? ...