Share Default Gateway

Hi All,

Would it be possible to have two networks running both with SBS 2008 boxes
(192.168.55.X & 192.168.54.X), both in the same office sharing the same
default gateway, but connected via a VPN?

I just need to know if this is possible :)

Many Thanks

0
MM

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAC1C5.EA5111A0

The subnet mask you'd have to use would wind up allowing each =
environment to see each other's DHCP server and this will cause issues

Obviously you're trying to a single internet connection?

--=20
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295=
73/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1217269967&sr=3D8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

  "MM" <mm@mm.com> wrote in message =
  Hi All,

  Would it be possible to have two networks running both with SBS 2008 =
boxes=20
  (192.168.55.X & 192.168.54.X), both in the same office sharing the =
same=20
  default gateway, but connected via a VPN?

  I just need to know if this is possible :)

  Many Thanks=20

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAC1C5.EA5111A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The subnet mask you'd have to use would =
wind up=20
allowing each environment to see each other's DHCP server and this will =
cause=20
issues</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Obviously you're trying to a single =
internet=20
connection?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/=
0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D1217269967=
&amp;sr=3D8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleas=
hed/dp/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121=
7269967&amp;sr=3D8-1</A><BR>Owner,=20
CPU Services, Belleville, IL<BR>A Microsoft Registered=20
Partner<BR>------------------------------------<BR>MVPs do not work for=20
Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to me.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"MM" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:mm@mm.com">mm@mm.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:usSoBZcwKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:usSoBZcwKHA.2436=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  All,<BR><BR>Would it be possible to have two networks running both =
with SBS=20
  2008 boxes <BR>(192.168.55.X &amp; 192.168.54.X), both in the same =
office=20
  sharing the same <BR>default gateway, but connected via a =
VPN?<BR><BR>I just=20
  need to know if this is possible :)<BR><BR>Many Thanks=20
<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAC1C5.EA5111A0--

0
Cris
3/12/2010 3:25:11 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your post and Cris' input.

Both the clients and the server will use the router/firewall’s internal
address as their default gateway. As Cris pointed, if you put the two SBS
domains in the same physical network office connected with same Default
gateway, the two SBS servers which both are DHCP server will detect each
other and may shut down itself or cause other network issues.

SBS 2008: Supported Networking Topology
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2008/09/16/sbs-2008-supported-networking-topology.aspx

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Robbin Meng
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

"MM" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Would it be possible to have two networks running both with SBS 2008 boxes
> (192.168.55.X & 192.168.54.X), both in the same office sharing the same
> default gateway, but connected via a VPN?
>
> I just need to know if this is possible :)
>
> Many Thanks
>

> .

Office Update 10.2.3 kills network connections to shares.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Don't ask me why, but I witnessed this myself. I just did a clean install on a 27&quot; iMac updated the OS to 10.6.2 set up several SMB shares and ran the final office update 10.2.1.(which I had disk images of) I left the clients place telling him to use the software update on MS Office for the remaining updates. He updated his Office to 10.2.3 and it killed the ability to connect to the shares I had already set up. I went back and tried to reconnect the shares and the &quot;Connect to Server&qu...

Public folder default action
When you drag messages between public folders, the default action is "copy". Is there a way I can make that default action "move" instead? ...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders outlook 2003
I have searched a long time an answer to this and have found many others with similar problems. Brand new machine (happens on all new machines we've tested), Office 2003, trying to connect to an existing Exchange Server 2003, we get the following message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. On another machine, with Outlook 2000, we it works fine. We created a new test user. Worked fine from machine with Outlook 2000, ...

Programatic sharing of teams.
I have been searching the sdk and have had trouble finding the method I should use to share an entity (incident, contact, custom entity, etc.) with a team. Does anyone have a quick answer? I'm assuming an associated method for removing a share to a user or team will be named similarly to the creation method. If not, that would be good to know as well. Thanks. I answer is the class GrantAccess. "waterskier" wrote: > I have been searching the sdk and have had trouble finding the method I > should use to share an entity (incident, contact, custom entity, etc.) wit...

Default Colors
How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are created (i.e. the Color Palette)? Tools>Options>Color "Chart Fills" Modify>Custom Tools>Options>Color "Chart Lines" Modify>Custom Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:38:02 -0700, "S.Jonsson" <jonsson@printecsystems.de> wrote: >How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are >created (i.e. the Color Palette)? > ...

Pulling email in from 3 Shared Pop3 Accounts
I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. Each POP3 account is the email for a different email Domain. How do I configure Exchange to do what the existing email server does. David Harris wrote: > I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email > serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server > pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. > Each...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Outlook shared calendar
Hi, I've got exchange enterprise running for about 40 users. A common problem we have is that some users will double book the meeting / boardrooms in the shared calendar. Even though these users see there an existing appointment in the time slot, they go ahead and add their own appointments to that time slot anyway. Is there anyway within outlook / exchange possibly using custom forms to disable the ability to add an appointment to a time slot if an appointment already exists, thereby securing that time slot and disabling the ability for anyone else to edit it other then the owner. A...

Sharing Calendars
When sharing a calendar... I must do it from the Office Tools > Options > Delegates dialogues instead of simply clicking on Share my calendar in the Navigation Pane as my colleagues are able to do. Have I missed a setting of some sort. When I click on Share my calendar.... a dialogue box opens with four tabs. "General" "Home Page" "AutoArchive""Synchoronization" I do not see what my colleagues see... which is a tab that includes "Permissions Can anyone enlighten me on what Frieght Train sized option I've overlooked in my search to co...

change default fill color
I have been searching the net and the KB but can not find answer or solution to this problem. I want my excel cell auto fill color to default to light grey instead of yellow. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help you can provide. Shawn You can create a new default template, with grey as the default fill colour: Create a new, blank workbook. Choose Tools>Options On the Colour tab, click on the yellow square Click Modify, select light grey that you want to use as the default, click OK To make yellow available, select the light grey square, and change it t...

Sharing a Workbook
We are running Excel 2003 on various XP computers on a peer-to-peer network. We do not have Windows 2003 server or sharepoint. So: - How do we set up an Excel workbook so that two people can work on it at the same time? - Do we need Sharepoint, and if so can we install Sharepoint on an XP PC without having a Windows 2003 server? Thanks in advance. Robert -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Abacus, You can set up a workbook as shared, within Excel. I'm not sure how solid it is -- there have been some issues raised here and there. It lets multi...

BT
Hi guys I have an iPaq 210, WM 6, that I'd like to use as a WiFi card for an WinXP SP2 PC. Here's my problem, which often happens (not always): 1. I turn on Bluetooth on the iPaq 2. I connect the PC to the iPaq using the "Explore my Bluetooth Places" wizard, "BT network access", then "Connect". It says "connected". Then on the XP "Network Connections" window, it says "acquiring network address", and shortly after: "connected". PC's IP address: 192.168.1.125, default gateway (the iPaq): 192.168.1.6...

Stacked Bar chart
I need to present a portfolio of loans on a bar chart for 4 end of months split into currencies (there 3 currencies). I created a stacked bar chart (a single bar is split into 3 colors, each representing a different currency). Each bar has a value label. But I also need to include the label showing the percentage share of each currency in the total portfolio. How can I achieve this? Hi, Start by calculating the % Share in the spreadsheet. Say in column D. In column E create a concatenated formula such as =C1&" - "&D1 where C1 contains the value label you mentioned...

Share sheet automatic on the internet.
Hello, I've got this spreadsheet where in I want one of the worksheets to be visible on the internet. This particular sheet is a sheet that shows the previous sheets making use of the camera tool in Excel. Is there a way to make Excel save and publish this sheet every time it is updated? Can Excel do this by FTP? There is no need to make it interactive. I have a server where I can make a special user and a password for this job. Could this be done with a macro? Thanks!! I think there is an option AutoRepublish every time this workbook is saved. you need chekc this option. On Oct 22, ...

MDA Creating Analysis Defaults
Does anyone have a suggestion on a faster or automated approach to creating Analysis defaults? I have over 2000 GL accounts that I need to assigned one or more Groups IDs to. Amanda, Here goes an idea: 1) Record a GP macro for the first analysis default. 2) Create a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with the accounts you need to assign -- hint, you can export the accounts with SmartList to Excel 3) Use Microsoft Word to create a mail merge on the macro. Use the Excel spreadsheet as the source for your mail merge. 4) Edit the merged macro to extract special characters and what's not plac...

How to create a default footer for all my spreadsheets?
Using Office XP - I work with Excel every day. I like to insert a footer containing the filename, date, and page #'s on each of my spreadsheets. Is there a way that I can create a default footer that will appear on each of my spreadsheets (especially new spreadsheets) without having to go into each spreadsheet individually like I'm doing now? Thanks for the response, but I don't have a Normal.xlt file. Before I posted my question here in this discussion group, I tried using Help in Excel. I tried following the instructions to "Save styles to use in new workbooks...

Sharing activities history
Hi, we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server). I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact we can have a quick look at recent communications. I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?! We are using Outlook 2007. Thanks, Graeme There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your mailbox or 1 public folder at a time....

Exmerge creates default PST Files
I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:29:03 -0700, Petlab <Petlab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the >proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default >size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? In other words, empty? Check the exmerge.ini log for details why the...

Make outlook default mail client
How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 Thanks, Brendan -- Disclaimer: Any comments made are personal and do not reflect the thoughts or policies of this company. Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - pick Outlook. Brendan MAther wrote: > How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > Thanks, > Brendan thankyou "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#D14B8OwDHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP...

Inserting default value in part of input mask
I have a DB where user enters CourseName and Then CourseNumber (Primary key and Unique).. I run a code to check and display a custom error message if the value in CourseNumber is duplicate. The CourseName are actually abbreviations like AFF or PSCRB, or MFA etc... CourseNumber contains three parts i.e. CourseSerialNumberInCurrentyear +CourseName+last2digitsofCurrentYrneeds for example 001AFF09 or 029MFA09 or 010MFA10.. because of different user using the db they enter the same course no. in different formats like 001AFF09 or 001AFF2009 or 001/AFF/09 or AFF/ 001/09 and so many w...

Default Printer-Wrong Printer
Is there a way to change the printer automatically on a per application basis. Our default printer is a HP LJ 6, However 2 users also need to have access to another printer (check printer). When they are in Great Plains they will only be printing to check printer. They keep forgetting to change it from file/print and printing on the wrong printer. Also I do not need to change the default printer(hplj6) this most stay as is. Is there a regkey i can invoke or script to launch when they start GreatPlains they will change the printer to checkprinter. Now when ever they reboot and sta...

Security groups & sharing inbox
SBS 2003 with Exch SP2; Outlook 2003 on clients. I've got 5 users that need to see each others inbox. First I created a Distribution Group (Sales) of those users and added it to permissions of User1's inbox by choosing Sales from Global Address List. Exchange then apparently changes the group from Distribution to Security and I can no longer see the group in the GAL and thus cannot use the group in the remaining user's permissions. Am I going about this the wrong way? I want to avoid adding users individually to their co-workers permissions. Regards Richard You can&...

default user in "manage full access permission"
I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead of username or group name ther is SID. Is normal? What are the default group or user that must exist? Thank you On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:47:31 -0700 (PDT), big <d.digrego@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". >For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead >of username or group name ther is SID. >Is normal? It is if the account's n...

Resetting default client
Hi, I messed up and allowed Yahoo email to become my default email client. How do I change it back so MS Outlook is the default? Thank you! Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab. Drop to set the default mail client is near the top. "stuff" <Howie@*S*P*A*M*AetosCentric.COM> wrote in message news:u0YXvrjqEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I messed up and allowed Yahoo email to become my default email client. > > How do I change it back so MS Outlook is the default? > > Thank you! > > > Thank y...