Server keeps shutting down.

Hi,

We have a SBS 2003 Server and it has suddenly started coming up with two
errors in the EV:

1. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small
Business Server have been detected in your domain. To prevent this computer
from shutting down in the future, you must remove all but one of these from
the domain

2. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small
Business Server have been detected in your domain. This computer will shut
down in 60 minutes unless you remove all but one of these from the domain

I dont understand why it has started happening. We have one SBS 2003 Server
which is a dc and handles the schema and domain naming FSMO roles, a second
dc which is a standard windows 2003 server which handles the other three of
the five FSMO roles.

Any ideas are appreciated.

On 22/02/2010 12:21, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a SBS 2003 Server and it has suddenly started coming up with two
> errors in the EV:
>
> 1. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small
> Business Server have been detected in your domain. To prevent this computer
> from shutting down in the future, you must remove all but one of these from
> the domain
>
> 2. Multiple domain controllers running Windows Server 2003 for Small
> Business Server have been detected in your domain. This computer will shut
> down in 60 minutes unless you remove all but one of these from the domain
>
> I dont understand why it has started happening. We have one SBS 2003 Server
> which is a dc and handles the schema and domain naming FSMO roles, a second
> dc which is a standard windows 2003 server which handles the other three of
> the five FSMO roles.
>
> Any ideas are appreciated.

SBS has to hold all of the FSMO roles.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884453

The following conditions must be true after you install the new SBS 2003
computer in an existing domain or the new SBS 2003 computer may display
warnings and shut down periodically:

     * The new SBS 2003 computer must be a domain controller that is
installed on the root of the domain.
     * The new SBS 2003 computer must hold all the Flexible Single
Master Operation (FSMO) roles.
     * The new SBS 2003 computer must be a global catalog server and
must be the licensing server.
     * There must not be any existing domain trusts or child domains.
     * Only one SBS server can exist on the domain. If SBS 2003 is
installed, no other SBS 2003 or 2000 server can be installed on the same
domain.
     * You must complete the SBS Integrated setup on the new server and
install the proper number of SBS Client Access Licenses as required.
Failure to meet these conditions may cause the SBS 2003 server to shut
down or be in an unsupported state.
0
James

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Addresses for Microsoft's Windows Update Servers
We have several machines that have Automatic Updates on. These machines are behind a firewall and we want to block all Internet traffic except to allow updates from Microsoft's update servers. What are the addresses and ports that need to be open which will allow only Microsoft updates to be downloaded to these machines? -- Edward Hello Edward, Try port 80 and port 443 -=- "Edward W" wrote: > > We have several machines that have Automatic Updates on. These machines are > behind a firewall and we want to block all Internet traffic excep...

E2K3 SP2 : How to move public bank to another server ?
Hi everyone, I post this message because i've a problem without solution now with my exchange 2003 std sp2 server. I've actually on this server a public bank, with public folder hierarchy and publics folder. This server start to be old and i would like to transfer everything to another server, but i didn't found how to do it. I just founded informations on how make a replication of a public folder and a way to transfert public bank to another by doing a sort of emergency restore. But is it any clean way to do it (transfert hierarchy and publics folders with conte...

Removal of 2nd Exchange 2003 Server
I have moved all mailboxes from 2nd mailbox to 1st Exchange server, and wish to remove 2nd Exchange server from network and ORG. What is the proper way of removing the 2nd Exchange server? Thank you. Uninstall Exchange. Nue "AMP" <amp@msn.com> wrote in message news:Ou2PIyPeGHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have moved all mailboxes from 2nd mailbox to 1st Exchange server, and >wish to remove 2nd Exchange server from network and ORG. > > > What is the proper way of removing the 2nd Exchange server? > > Thank you. > On Tue, 16 May 2006 10:2...

Automatically Update tick keeps reappearing??
Hi all, having an interesting problem with a couple of users in AD. Multisite Mixed Mode Exchange2000 with some 5.5 servers still around. I noticed recently that a handful of users had had their Primary SMTP address changed to one of their alias addresses. I though that this could be caused by someone applying a recipient policy (although when I checked, it hadn't been touched and it wouldn't have selected this address anyway) I changed the primary address back and removed the 'Automatically Update' tick just to be sure. ....but the following day everything was changed back ...

Rename Project Server 2003
Hello Is it possible to rename the computer name of a Project Server 2003? Is there any "HowToDo's" from Microsoft? Project Server info: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Project Server 2003 SP 2a Beste regards Stefan Are you using Sharepoint too? Is SQL Server on Same Machine too? -- Please rate this post if it has helped Thanks Gaurav Wason gwason@gmail.com, PMP, MCITP roject Made Easy (Project Server Archive Tool) and (Project Owner Tool) http://projectmadeeasy.com "Stefan Mitterbuchner" wrote: > Hello > > Is it possible...

exchange 2000 server 2003 native forest functional level
I raised the forest functional level without thinking about what effect that might have on my exchange server 2000. When I ran The exchange best practices tool it told me I needed to update RUS. KB873059. How serious of an issue is this, are there other issues I may have, and how do I get the file referenced in this KB without paying for support? Hi, If you do have the problem described in the article you just call Microsoft PSS and ask for the hotfix - normally this won't be charged. Leif "Nathan0909" <Nathan0909@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F...

GP 10 w/Terminal Server and SQL Server 2008 R2
We are a small office using Dynamics GP 10 by way of Terminal Server and SQL Server 2008 R2. We have experienced some weird problems. We have to pause between each request (to give it time to hit TS and return?) So we log into TS using Remote Desktop, Click to open GP (and wait) then type in user name and password (and wait). Select our company from the drop down (and wait). About 1 out of every ten times we will get our company and begin working. The other 9 times we get a message that GP is not responding and must close. We are wondering if the delay and GP not responding could be rela...

Send setting keeps reverting
I use Office 2007 and have installed SP2. About 2 weeks ago computer locked up. Ctrl/Alt/Delete wouldn't even work. So did hard power down. Outlook was open. Doesn't do it all the time but since then it randomly sets a Delayed Delivery. When I open an email and uncheck Delayed Delivery, close, reopen the email, DD is still checked. It's always set to send that day at 5pm. But it never does. Just sits in Outbox. But I stumbled across a partial fix........If I drag the email from Outbox to Drafts, open, uncheck Delayed Delivery, click Send, it sends fine, as usual. I...

Problem after CRM reinstall on same server
My CRM server is running on the same server as exchange and SQL server is on another server. Everuthing was running OK until... To solve a problem with Crystal report service not starting, I tried to uninstall CRM and reinstall it on the same server, giving instruction to use the existing database. The installation was a success...but now: 1) Impossible to display Users Details, Email Template: server error being that there is no root in the XSL 2) Outlook clients behave very cahotic: errors on each entity What could be the origin of this error, is there any way to correct it. Thanks for...

Why do websites keep saying I'm in IE6? Freezing.
http://masteringbiology.com Every time I try to log in, it says "We're sorry, but Internet Explorer 6 is no longer supported. Click any browser name from our Systems Requirements page to download a supported browser." The annoying thing is, is that I've downloaded IE8, gotten this error, installed Firefox, deleted IE8, then reinstalled IE8 through Firefox, and I STILL GET THE SAME ERROR! Why am I not asking the website for support? Because I already have, and they have suggested a million different things for me to try (which I have followed all their in...

SQL Server Agent?
Hi, someone here was playing with the SQL Server Service Manager application (in the tray below right) and now I am confused. Should the SQL Server Agent be on or off? How about Distributed Transaction Coordinator - on or off (or play/stop?)? Finally, if I wanted to see the actual database and get in there and edit fields in raw SQL format...is there any way to do that with the SQL server app installed with POS or is there some app missing that would allow me to do that? As long as the server service is running then that should be all you need. I'd advise against editing the...

How can I merge 2 documents and KEEP differences?
Question: When I use "Tools/Compare and merge documents" Word merges the documents and shows what has been deleted. How can I KEEP all of the information in one document? Explanation: For several years I have been keeping individual Word files for passwords and miscellanea, one for work and one for home (I'm aware of the advice not to write passwords down). Each .doc file is about 20 pages long since it also contains comments and explanations, and each is hyperlinked to bookmarks within the document. The content in each document is about 80% identical. Now,...

Changing Server Name
I set up an Exchange 2003 server. While messing around with the settings, I realized I did not like the name of the machine, so I changed it. But, in ESM, it still shows the old server name. How do I change the server name in ESM? Thanks, Jeff On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:32:51 -0800, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I set up an Exchange 2003 server. While messing around with the >settings, I realized I did not like the name of the machine, so I >changed it. But, in ESM, it still shows the old server name. How do >I change the server name in ESM? > >Th...

OWA 2 Servers
I'm sure this question has been asked before... I have searched the newsgroups for an answer but nothing speciifc comes up. My scenario: Moving to a new Exchange server - In order to minimize impact to production I installed a new (second) server in the same Administrative Group. When I finish I plan on moving the roles from the first server and decommisioning the old one. At this point everything works great except mailboxes that have been moved are not accesible from OWA. Internally users can log into OWA, they have to enter their username and password twice but it does work. I d...

imap server closed
I have got a message saying my imap server has been closed as it has been idle for too long, how do I reopen it? Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have got a message saying my imap server has been closed as it has > been idle for too long, how do I reopen it? Just selecting one of the IMAP folders should reconnect. -- Brian Tillman ...

Unable to delete mailbox in exchange server 5.5
Hi, I have encountered problem when deleting user in the exchange server. My current exchange server is 5.5 with sp3. I am unable to delete the mailbox. Error message: An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer, or both. Microsoft Exchange Information Store: ID no: c1040af4. From Event Log: Event ID: 1203; Failed to delete the mailbox of /o=Domain/ou=Workgroup/cn=Recipients/cn=XXXX with error Oxfffff9bf. I have do the restarting of the server as recommended by the error message but i...

Set default SMTP server settings
Hello, I'm running 1 Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on W2k SP4. I'm trying to increase my mail size limit. However in the ESM settings, the SMTP Virtual server doesn't adjust to the new settings. ie. I can set it to 10240 but mail is still blocked that is smaller. The server is still recognizing my old setting - 4096kb. I can change it and put whatever number I want in heir but Exchange isn't recognizing the new number. I know it's still recognizing the old setting since when I telnet into exchange and do a ehlo command I see the size set to 4096. I've been experienci...

Adding new Reource in PWA site in Project Server 2007
Hi, Whenever I add a new resource in PWA site from Resource Center, It automatically adds the new resource to all the Project workspaces as Readers. Is this to do something with the settings or this is how the Project Server works? I want that whenever a new resource is added, it should not add the resource to the existing Project Workspaces. Thanks in Advance Hi , Project Server by default will add everone to the workspace. This is automoatic sync of permissions and the only way to work around it turning this sync off and assigning permissions on a per user basis but ...

Relay outgoing on different server
I have an exchange server setup in my home-office network. Intially I had a static IP from DSL and was able to sent outgoing messages fine. I had to switch to Cable ISP because of problems with DSL, unfortunately I do not have a good IP from from Cable ISP. Most of my messages are blocked because the IP Address they are coming from is black listed. My Cable ISP said to use their mail server to send messages. So how can I setup my Exchange server to relay messages on a different SMTP server? Thanks! You just set up a connector, call it something like "outbound" and point i...

MS Project server - Queries
I am considering purchasing MS Project server for my my Planner, we are a small office who are familiar with the basics (on MSP 2000) but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline'...

Question about multiple Exchange Servers in same forest
If a company have two offices in the east and west (East Office and West Office), and both the offices are part of same domain with all the mailboxes on one exchange 2000 server and they are part of same forest. The exchange server is located in East office. The west office is connected to East office via site to site VPN tunnel. Can we have two Exchange servers in the same forest and distrubute mailboxes among two servers? For example East office handles their own mailboxes and West office handles its own mailboxes and they are part of same forest? Any help is much appreciated. Th...

Outlook cannot connect to smtp server
I have a computer problem which in short is that the connection to the smtp-mailserver is not established when trying to send an email from outlook 2002. The operating system is win XP and all recent service packs are installed. I believe that the problems is within Norton Antivirus 2003, since the log-file of the mailserver does not show any attempt to log on to the server. I have tried to uninstall NAV2003 and reinstall it without any success. Also I have tried to "not scan outgoing mails" also with no success. The error-message ID produced is 0x80042109. I am able to retrieve me...

ActiveSync stops suddenly and only works after server reboot
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 standard sp1 on a windows 2000 sp4 server. After some little problems I have activesync working like a charm through two ISA 2000 servers (back to back) with multiple SMTP adresses and so on. The server is dedicated for exchange, no antivirus file scanners and no SSL is used. I just have one problem I 'm still unable to figure out. After a period of time activesync suddenly stops working and it will only work again if I reboot the complete server. Anyone an idea where to look ? Futhermore, are there except MOM2005 monitoring/error reporting utiliti...

Upgrade Advisor: Duplicate SQL Server SPN
I saw a thread about this earlier where someone said just restarting the SQL Server service would fix this (it doesn't). Has anyone come across this? Is is necessary to use the ldp.exe tool to locate the duplicate SPN and use adsiedit.msc to remove it? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com By the way: I am getting this error on a Small Business Server 2003 system. (Yet another upgrade on an SBS with SQL troubles!). The KB article I found about duplicate SPNs with CRM 1.2 refers to a fix for Windows 2000 that does not seem to apply in this case: no ldp.exe tool on SBS 2003...