Server crash - missing NTLDR

Hi our SBS2003 server crashed - the server hangs on reboots at the message
'missing NTLDR"

Can the group please suggest best ways to recover from this - or does it
make sense to do a complete reinstall / fresh install of SBS.  We have 10
users, many shares, printers etc.

We are looking for lease disruptive quickest wayu to get back up

Thank you

  On 9/11/2010 4:55 PM, John wrote:
> Hi our SBS2003 server crashed - the server hangs on reboots at the message
> 'missing NTLDR"
>
> Can the group please suggest best ways to recover from this - or does it
> make sense to do a complete reinstall / fresh install of SBS.  We have 10
> users, many shares, printers etc.
>
> We are looking for lease disruptive quickest wayu to get back up
>
> Thank you
Apologies for this... but please repost to www.sbsforum.info this
newsgroup is closing tomorrow.
0
Susan
9/12/2010 1:28:48 AM
John

See the following

Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

> Hi our SBS2003 server crashed - the server hangs on reboots at the message
> 'missing NTLDR"
>
> Can the group please suggest best ways to recover from this - or does it
> make sense to do a complete reinstall / fresh install of SBS.  We have 10
> users, many shares, printers etc.
>
> We are looking for lease disruptive quickest wayu to get back up
>
> Thank you

0
Peter

Outlook 2003 BCM Crashes
BCM consistently crashes whenever I try to move a contact from the standard contact list into BCM. (Actually it worked on 5 or 6 contacts but now crashes every time). Have uninstalled and re-installed but still no luck Ideas? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ What is the crash message? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "jbland" <jbland.vvrjm@outlookforum.com> ...

Components and Control Gallery missing in VS2005
I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marathoner marathoner wrote: > I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and > importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do > I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marothoner: It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP Then, how do I export and import dialog resourc...

Move Project Server 2007 to new domain
Hi, We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server. We will be using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration. Everything will stay the same with the server, just the domain will change. Will using the ADMT tool work for this? Thanks Carlos Hello Carlos, we've migrated a project server to a new domain some time ago. We've used a tutorial for the migration: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx We've only migrated the users and groups (with SID-History) ...

FTP upload to Server #2
I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP upload to save the file to my server site. Before I try to write the macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually. I'm running Excel97 under WinXP. I could probably write (with lots of learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application, but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file was to be uploaded. The help menu says: On File Menu - Click "Save as" in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP) [ I only find a commands bo...

Pushing data onto an HTTP server.
Hello all, I have an application that may have to push JPG type images onto an HTTP server. A quick question for the gurus that hang around here .. I see that I can establish an HTTP connection via class CHttpConnection, but I'm not sure what has to be done at the MFC application end (the pusher) and at the HTTP server end. I suspect I have to tell the webmaster to run a CGI script that will accept the image. Does the Webmaster have to do anything else? Secondly, what do I have to do at the application end? I have to bundle up the image and transmit it along the connection. Is...

Email via Mail Merge
The 'Email via Mail Merge' option in the Create Quick Campaign Wizard is not there. I am using the outlook client, the 'Letter via Mail Merge' is there, the bulk email service is running (although I don't think it uses this), the option 'Enable Direct E-mail via Mail Merge' is selected in System settings. Any ideas how I make it appear in the list? "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15935F4E-8AF0-446C-812F-76A9E84E0973@microsoft.com... > The 'Email via Mail Merge' option in the Create Quick Campaign Wiza...

"Out of Office" Missing from toolbar in Outlook 2007
Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Are you using an Exchange account? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/374 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16106D3-342C-42F1-B440-FC8842EC4BB5@microsoft.com... > Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Just to clarify,...

Exchange Server 2003: Can I set a public folder or information store up on different server?
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to set up a second information store for public folders onto a separate server. The primary information store would reside on server 1 with its private and public edb file but i would like a second public accessible edb file set up on a second server distinct from the exchange server. Thanks in advance for any help. Marco You mean a Public Folder server? Yes, you can. If your PF traffic/performance requirements justify it, as they do in some organizations, you can setup a setup a separate server and host Public Folders on it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP -...

Whay does an update CRASH Access?
Running Access 2003 on XP, doing a select from a table and passing the results to this subroutine to update another table. When running in debug mode, it works. When I stop it an anaylze the update statement, copy and paste into a new query, it works. Running without debug turned on, Access crashes (on three different installations of Access). What I know to be true: 1. the input record set contains records, all fields are non-null 2. the datatypes are correct 3. it crashes on the first record Any clues? ---- Sub UpdLicenseGrantedOutput(rstOutput As Recordset) Dim SQL_...

Access 2002 crashes when using Access 2000 DB
I have a client for whom I've created a fairly extensive database (around 30 tables, lots of queries, forms, reports) that works fine in Access 2000 (on a client PC running Windows 98 and on my computer running Windows XP Pro). When they use the database in Access 2002, adding data to a new record crashes MS Access ("program died - do you want to send a message to Microsoft about this error?"). This happens consistently both at the client's site and on one of our computers (in both cases running Windows XP Pro and Office XP). Before this week the client was getting a...

Change Exchange to use ISP mail server
We are currently listed on the SORBS site and as a result we are unable to send mail to a certain domain. We ARE NOT an open realy and the resulting listing is simply because we are using our Exchange server to send mail and not sending it through our ISP mail server. While I think this is a rather harsh rule it means I have to reconfigure our server to send through our ISP mail server. Is this a simple as doing the following: Exchange Console Connection IMS Connections and then FORWARD ALL MESAGES TO HOST radio button? Once there simply giving it our ISP mail server name or IP? TIA Bryan ...

Linking CRM/SQL Server to External Database
I am looking for information of someone to talk to about how to "link" data from an external non-SQL Server d/b to the CRM SQL Server d/b. In our case we need to link our Oracle ERP database to SQL server (CRM database) as it contains about half of the info we need in our CRM. We can obviously create an interface between the two db's and "load" the data periodically but what I would rather do is use ODBC to map / connect the data in the Oracle db to the schema in CRM/SQL server so we don't have duplicate data (I would really prefer to have the Oracle be ou...

missing installation files
After installing the MSN premier software with verizon dsl, outlook stopped working. I can't check email, I can't modify my email accounts and doing the detect and repair option from the help menu leads to an error message that says that the patch installation files or the source file is missing. I've tried reinstalling and doing a repair from the CD but I get a similar message saying that the installation files are missing. I also tried to download the latest office updates, but I get an error message saying the same thing: "installation files (.msp) are missing......

MSADC Error: Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down
Hey guys, I have been battling with my Exchange 2003 and Exch 5.5 servers issues for a while now. Im starting to get very affraid that something major will happen shortly. I am creating users on my Exchange 2003 server which has ADC installed. This is NOT a DC. I have been having problems where users accounts and/or mailboxes are not getting replicated thru my AD and Exch servers. This is one main error that I am consistently getting on the Exchange 2003 server. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Event ID: 8026 Date: 4/25/2...

Exchange 5.5 server not updating Service Pack.
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 loaded on it. Windows was at SP2, and Exchange was at SP1. Updated Windows to SP4, rebooted, all works well. Went to update Exchange to SP4, and it tells me that a newer version is already installed, and Update quits. Same thing happens with SP3 or SP4 for Exchange. I can check the Mad.exe and the Store.exe, and both versions report Version 6.0 Build 4712.7 (Service Pack 1). This does not make any sense to me. I know you do not have to install Exchange SP's before Windows, as I have loaded other Win2K boxes, updated to SP4 and then upgraded Exc...

How do I know whether i have a POP3 or IMAP server and a SMTP server?
I have no idea what type of email that i have. The setup asks for whether I have a POP3 or IMAP server and the address of it. I don't even know what that means. The email I have is based from my school: albany.edu. The address I use to access the mail is https://webmail.albany.edu/src/login.php How do I figure out how to set up my Outlook? Also, I have another email address based on www.aol.com that I would also like to connect. How do I set that one up as well? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 1. Ask your school mail admin for that information - no one here would k...

SQL Server agent
I cannot seem to locate anything that explains what SQL Server Agent is doing in CRM 4.0. We know it is a prerequisite but I cannot seem to find anything that explains what it is doing or why it is needed for CRM 4? Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains why the agent is needed? -- Leo It seems they are related to the deleting process . Open the store procedure in MSCRM_config and read the T-SQL statement. There are two jobs in CRM 4.0 . They execute the following storeprocedures on MSCRM_Config exec p_HardDelete exec P_CleanupsitewideNotification /Aamir The ...

SBS 2008 Server Not Updating Properly
I am running Windows update an SBS 2008 box. The machine seems to download and install 39 updates, then it fails with the message: Some updated were not installed Restart now to finish installing updates. Succeded: 1 update Failed: 38 updates Error(s) found: Code 80070718 Windows update encountered an unknown error. Code 643 Windows update encountered an unknown error. I started with needing 43 updates, and each time it installs only 1. If I run it again, it will probably install 1 and tell me it failed to install 37 others. Please help. Thanks! ...

How to check inbox content on the server?
Hi, I need to find solution (based on Outlook or Outlook Express) how to manage inbox content on POP3 server to make possible: - viewing inbox on POP3 server (messages headers, senders, sizes of messages etc.); - select messages to delete from server without getting them to PC; - select messages to get from server and delete or leave them; My ISP provides a webmail facility so I can log in from anywhere using a web browser. Very handy for deleting spam before collecting mail. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I need to find solution (based on Outlook or Outlook >...

Error handler not catching SQL Server Connection failure
Access 2003. I've created my own Linked Table manager for use in several of my applications. It is running fine when I use Windows authentication, or when I use a valid userid and password, but when I try to log in with an invalid userid/password, I get a Microsoft SQL Server Login error message which is not handled by my error handler. The message looks like: Connection failed: SQLState:'01000' SQL Server Error: 2 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memroy]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). Connection failed: SQLState: '08001' SQL Server Error:17 {Microsoft][ODBC ...

Missing or Invalid References with binary compatible DLL
We have many spreadsheets using a common library developed and maintained in house. We rollout changes to this DLL by startup scripts which deregister replace and re-register the DLL in C:\library which is common to all workstations. We nearly always enforce BINARY COMPATIBILITY for obvoius reasons. We also use this library in VB6 and C# console and GUI applications. These apps all work fine and recognise new library perfectly when we rollout. Yet EXCEL workbooks randomly (apparently) report MISSING DLL or fail executing methods of the DLL. This varies and is not consistent across all work...

SQL Server 2000/MSDE/SQL 2005 Express mixed environment REDUX
I don't consider myself stupid, but when it comes to making a managed post apparently I have some sort of mental block or something. Hopefully this time I'll have better luck... Originally posted on 8/1/06: --------------------------------- In my network, HQ & Store Ops for one store run on SQL Server 2000 (part of SBS 2003). The registers & office pcs in that bldg all run MSDE. In store two, the server (Windows Server 2003 Std) hosts Store Ops with MSDE and all the registers & PCs run MSDE. I just rolled out store three (just like store two), and again used MSDE ever...

Oulook shortcut on 2003 terminal server
When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows 2003 Terminal Server. By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook. I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop. I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the properties screen to create outlook profiles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote: > When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows > 2003 Terminal Server. > By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook. > I need...

Active Directory Connector for 2 exchange 2003 servers ?
hi, Is there an active Directory connector for 2 exchange 2003 servers ? I don't want to use MIIS or simplesync because it's too expensive. regards, johnny ...

Outlook 2003 tries to authenticate to wrong Exchange Server -STRANGE!
I have what I consider to be a very strange problem: -My Outlook 2003 client is set up to connect to my mailbox on the Exchange Server which sits in the same domain as my client workstation. -We have another Exchange Server in the same Exchange organization, but in a separate Administrative Group in Exchange, and in a separate Windows domain, and separate Active Directory Site. PROBLEM: When I start Outlook, it will connect to the correct Exchange server, and begin downloading new mail. It runs fine (I can send and receive from the Exchange Server) until about 30 seconds pass, and then I...