SBS2008 RRAS service causes other servcies to crash

Would be VERY grateful if there is an expert eye that can be cast over
my problem.

I have an SBS2008 server which has been working fine for about 3 months.
Just before christmas RRAS stopped So I manually started it and it
stopped again.

Then had a critical email notice saying all these services stopped
The Application Experience service has been stopped.
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service has been stopped.
The Network Policy Server service has been stopped.
The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service has been stopped.
The IP Helper service has been stopped.
The Server service has been stopped.
The User Profile Service service has been stopped.
The Task Scheduler service has been stopped.
The Secondary Logon service has been stopped.
The System Event Notification Service service has been stopped.
The Shell Hardware Detection service has been stopped.
The Windows Update service has been stopped.

So I rebooted in safe mode and have disabled RRAS and alls well except
my users who use VPN are not happy.

I cannot work out where to go from here. I have run the SBS2008 BPA
which just tells me one or two minor things as follows

SBS2008 BPA OUTPUT******************************************************

There are 7 things and the only VPN related item is
VPN Port (TCP 1723) Status Error.The system process should listen on
Port 1723, but that port is owned by the process. I think the process
name should be in the owned by the PROCESSNAME process but there is
nothing there. I did a portqry and no process has that port that I could
find.

Other BPS items are
Exchange with Service Pack 1
Free space is low (25Gb)
Local activation permission to the IIS WAMREG AdminService Required
The Companyweb value does not exisit in the BackConnectionHostnames
registry key
Windows SBS2008 is running on a virtual machine. I know its not
supported but Im not using any com ports or USB so cant think that is a
problem.

Can anyone save me from a rebuild? Can I reinstall the RRAS? I ran the
VPN wizard, but that just enabled the RRAS service and gave me the above
problems again.

Thanks

Ens Mith
0
Ens

Excel 2003 crashes loading excel files created Excel 2000
We Have Anumber of excel files created in Macintosh Excel 2000 with graphs. These sucessfully open using Excel 2000 but all crash when using Excel 2003. The PC is on a network with XP profesional operating system. ...

macro causing two spreadsheets to display
Hello: I doubt it. But, I want to check to see if there is a possibility that this issue is being caused directly by some sort of issue with SmartList. Recently, I came across a posting that mentioned that SmartList was causing Excel spreadsheets to print twice. I have a client that is dumping data from SmartList to Excel. Then, she runs a macro in Excel that formats the spreadsheet. On her workstation, upon the activation of this macro, the spreadsheet is duplicated. Two copied of this spreadsheet appear instead of, well, just one. This problem is more of a nuisance than anything...

Excel services on sharepoint stability issue
Hi, we are planning to implement Excel Services in our sharepoint environment, where we are uploading lot of excel sheets and workbooks in to the sharepoint portal. how stable is the excel services in sharepoint, do we need to reset the servers many times?, when we take a sample worksheet it seem not so stable, we need to do iisreset many times, is it true that we have to do in realtime production environment, kindly suggest if somebody already implementing excel services in sharepoint, thanks uday Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JavaScript, A...

Display As field causing problems with New Message to Contact func
I am new to Outlook 2007. I am trying to use the New Message to Contact tool but I keep getting a message stating that the contact does not have a valid email address even though the address is indeed valid. I learned that if I delete the contents of the Display As field and allow Outlook to fill the field automatically, the problem is resolved. I do not want to have to do this for each and every contact in order to use this feature. Are you aware of a fix for this problem? jessbcr <jessbcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Outlook 2007. I am trying to use t...

Mobile Services
Hello- I'm running Exchange 2003 build 6.5.7638.2 on Windows Server 2003 Standard. I want to enforce password policy on our mobile devices, but when I go into the properties of Mobile Services through the ESM the Device Security button is nowhere to be found. Am I missing something completely obvious? -- Nate Are you launching ESM from the Exchange server, or from your workstation? In order to see the new features, you have to make sure that the machine you are launching ESM on has SP2 applied as well... -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogs...

Report Services Bug? ----Sub Report and Page break!!!
When the main report calls the meeting sub report, if the content of the sub report is longer than the pare space on the current page, it will jump to the next page without filling the rest space on the current page. Is it a bug of Report Services? Any ideas? "CEO" wrote: > When the main report calls the meeting sub report, if the content of the sub > report is longer than the pare space on the current page, it will jump to the > next page without filling the rest space on the current page. > > Is it a bug of Report Services? Sounds like a bug to me. Can y...

year end procedures should include service pack updates
We had several problems with year end payroll and creating our magnetic media file because there was no communication connecting the download of SP 2 with the year end process. It is imperative that Microsoft communicate the connection between related updates and processes affected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

Grinning Shark "Watch Your Back" Crashing Outlook 2002
Seems that this add-in is crashing Outlook 2002-SP2. Once in a while Outlook will identify it by name as preventing it from starting. The product's support web page at http://www.grinningshark.com is giving some bizarre error messages, and all email to the author's domain is bouncing (it's the author's way of eliminating spam, by forcing customers to use his web site). All that's running at the author's web site now is the download and register functions, but no support. Does anything know if the author of Watch Your Back is still around, and how to contact him? Thanks....

Excel files won't open after program crashes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I'm having a problem with Excel in that it has crashed a few times and I've just found that the files I was working on now won't open (although I resaved them when prompted at start up, under a new name). The old version does not contain the new version of data and the new saved file brings up an error message saying that the file 'might have been damaged or modified from its original format' and won't open. I am saving as .xlsx files and they all contain pivot ta...

C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)
C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) When I launch PSCP from a C# windows service and launch pscp 0.53 there are no issues. but when I use C# windows service to launch pscp 0.58 C# freezes in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)? pscp 0.58 works fine at command line, but causes C# to freeze on ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) also i noticed that the pscp process does not show in taske manager while ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) is hanging. Reguardless of the implementation of PSCP, how can ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) ever freeze ...

CRM Redeploy - unable to register security service
Scenario – MS CRM 1.2 installed and functional on DEV1 server. Related databases on separate database server. Purchased a new surver to host CRM. Need to install new instance of CRM on the new server that is attached to the existing database so as not to lose any customer data. Problem – Installation on new server failed. Message appeared saying “unable to register security service”, which is a vital part of the application. CRM requires that all patches and hotfixes applied to the original server must be applied to the new server for redeployment as well. The event log message f...

stop and start services unattendedly
Hello, I have a program that requires these 3 things to happen, I cannot to it manually everyday because I am not always in the office. it has to be unattended. here is the batch file right now. net stop server net start server net start "computer browser" How can I automate this so I don't have to enter Y for each? "Donald MacKenzie" <donald7.44@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u2JAqP5dKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, I have a program that requires these 3 things to happen, I cannot > to it manually everyday because I a...

Reminder Service errors
I have noticed that others are having the same problem with Outlook 2003 and the message "reminder service is not running" is there a fix for this? When do you get this error and what troubleshooting have you already tried? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mark asked: | I have noticed that others are having the same problem | with Outlook 20...

Service time billing
Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks? Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges? Thank you, Rick S. The actual time is only automatically decremented from th...

How to find file causing backup failure Access Denied 0x80070005?
Apparently at least one "Document" file on my Vista laptop is causing File Backup to fail "Access Denied" 0x80070005. I read lots of google on this but most points to something like: "This error occurs because the recovery partition is enabled for File Backup or System Restore and is almost full. To work around this, do not select D:\ as a backup source. Also, go to System Protection in Control Panel and make sure that D:\ is not enabled for restore points." This is on an external disk so none of that stuff would seem to apply. If I unselect &...

MFC SDI Appplication crashes in DestroyDockBars
Hello, I have a MFC SDI CFormView application compiled with VC++ 2005 which crashes on exit in CMainFrame::OnDestroy() and more exactly in DestroyDockBars(). I have googled and I saw that in VC++ 2003 this was an issue but I can't find anything about 2005. Anyone that has an idea on what is wrong and how I fix it? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Call Stack mfc80ud.dll!CPlex::FreeDataChain() Line 42 + 0x3 bytes C++ mfc80ud.dll!CPtrList::RemoveAll(...

exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Service Message Queues
When I open the Exchange 5.5 Administrator and Expand Connections, and Double Click on the Internet Mail Services Icon, and Check the message Queues, I always have a lot of entries underneath the Destination Host, but the originator column always displays <> with no name. What does this all mean? Is this someone trying to use my mail server as a relay for SPAM or is someone internally within my organization trying to send out SPAM? How do I stop this? If I delete all the Message in the Queues, they come back in a short while. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks,...

Can't create "service@aaa.com"
Let's say the domain name is "aaa.com" and I ahve exchange 2003 enterprise edition. If I try to create "service@aaa.com", I get an error which is " Windows cannot create thenew user object because the pre-windows 2000 logon name service name service is already in use. Select another name, and then try again." Is the account pre-exist on Activce directory even though I never create that account? How do I create "service@aaa.com" ? WON <WON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: [ snip ] >How do I create "service@aaa.com&q...

Reinstalling SBS2008
Hi All I got a real problem here, about a month ago I install SBS 2008 on a brand new computer system. Everything worked fine for about a month then I started getting problems, it was either the process of registering a domain name or an update through everything off. Problems occured and while resolving those problems, things got worse. I made an attempt to repair the problems by uploading the best practice analyser, ran the test, and did the repairs. well now the system just crashes. not fun. I spent about two weeks trying to fix it and now Im getting fustrated.The question I...

SBS 2003, Service Pack 1 and MS CRM 1.2
Discussion thread.. It seems that there are a few reported issues. Anyone nail down exact knowledge base articles/updates that should definitely be installed? Anyone install MS CRM 1.2 onto SBS 2003 SP1? Anne Stanton, CRM-MVP, MBA/ACC http://www.thenorwichgroup.com Issues I'm having the same problem. I'm getting this error in the application log: Event Type: Error Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5892 Date: 8/8/2005 Time: 6:25:05 PM User: N/A Computer: SBS01 Description: T...

The one source for SEO Services
After using 10 different seo companies over the last 2 years for all my sites the only one that got me the conversion rates like I wanted was http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com Atomic SEO. Really, I thought their prices were outstanding, by that I mean expensive but after two months of service, it was worth every dollar. Here is their pricing, http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html How do you think their rates compare? ...

Office 2010 KMS service error
We are an SA and Volume license holder and have just downloaded our Office 2010 software. I am trying to install the KMS key on our KMS host and am getting an error when trying to run the KeyManagmentServiceHost.exe file. The error is 'Unsupported Operating System'. Our KMS host is a Server 2008 R2 64 bit machine. And the KMS service is activated on it because it has activated all of our Server 2008 and Windows 7 clients. I tried to manually install the kms key for Office but it returns the error that the KMS key is not valid. I assume that this is because the Serve...

Using Reporting Services with Active Directory
Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? I can seem to find one. thanks OriginalStealth Can you explain what are you trying to achive? "OriginalStealth" <OriginalStealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512AC6B9-8FBC-42AC-A57D-94071C1AAED9@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? > I > can seem to find one. > > thanks ...

Does MS Money 2004 cause mouse problems?
I've been using MS$2004 for about a week and repeatly have been unable to select items, either within MS$ or in other programs or on the Win98 desktop, by clicking my mouse (also a Microsoft product). The problem goes away after what seems like a long time, but is probably only a minute or so. The problem started after I installed MS$ and only appears when it's running, which unfortunately is a lot of the time since I'm still working on getting all my accounts set up. Looking for a fix or at least some indication that I'm not alone. ...

Crashing after closing messages
Hi All, I have a problem (no, not the AA thing). When I print a message from Outlook 2003 from the reading pane it works fine but when I open a message and print and then after closing the message Outlook crashes. No matter which printer i choose it crashes. I have reinstalled and repaired office a few times. Below is the error message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Thomas Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 12/16/2004 Time: 10:43:03 AM User: N/A Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937, f...