SBS2008, 8GB shows in System Info, 4GB in Task Manager?

I have a nice new Dell 410 server with 8GB ram, can see it in the POST,
and the Control Panel/System shows a System Memory (RAM): 8.00GB, but
when I open the Task Manager it shows 4GB total memory, it shows the
right number of CPU's and the server is working fine, but I've never
seen the task manager show the wrong amount of memory in SBS 08 before.

Any ideas?

Trust yourself.
Leythos

Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down
at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?

"Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message

> I have a nice new Dell 410 server with 8GB ram, can see it in the POST,
> and the Control Panel/System shows a System Memory (RAM): 8.00GB, but
> when I open the Task Manager it shows 4GB total memory, it shows the
> right number of CPU's and the server is working fine, but I've never
> seen the task manager show the wrong amount of memory in SBS 08 before.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 3:53:59 PM
In article <5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...

> Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down
> at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?

In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.

Windows Server Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2

Trust yourself.
Leythos

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0

If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory =
configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev =
level:

http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&l=3Den&ref=3D=
CFG&s=3Dgen&~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&~lt=3Dpopup&~series=3Dpedge&~tab=3Dtopic=

> In article <5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com>,=20
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>>=20
>> Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line =
down=20
>> at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?
>=20
> In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.
>=20
> Windows Server Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little=20
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to =
that. =20
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16444"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory=20
configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev=20
level:<BR><BR><A=20
title=3D"http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;=
l=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup=
&amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;l=
=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup&=
amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic">http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo=
re/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;l=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dh=
mc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup&amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic</A></D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><BR>"Leythos" &lt;spam999free@rrohio.com&gt; wrote in =
message=20
news:MPG.2586f465c70c052998a004@us.news.astraweb.com...<BR>&gt; In =
article=20
&lt;5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com&gt;, <BR>&gt;=20
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
Weird.&nbsp; I=20
notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down =
<BR>&gt;&gt; at=20
the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Windows =
Server=20
Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; You =
can't trust=20
your best friends, your five senses, only the little <BR>&gt; voice =
inside you=20
that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.&nbsp; <BR>&gt; =
Trust=20
yourself.<BR>&gt; spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email=20
address)</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0--

0
Bill
12/7/2009 5:59:42 PM
In article <5E03A9D8-34C5-4A3E-A7F3-FFEA2B356BCB@microsoft.com>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev level:

But the strange thing is the Win 2008 overview page shows 8GB, just the
task manager shows 4GB. When it posts it shows 8GB also.

I've used Memory Pairing before, on a production server with 32GB RAM,
we did a 16/16 pair, but this one was defaulted with 8GB RAM no special
options/config.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/7/2009 7:57:54 PM
There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've got
to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.

I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there must
be something different going on at the hardware level.

So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows 4.
On my system they both show 8.

Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?

> In article <5E03A9D8-34C5-4A3E-A7F3-FFEA2B356BCB@microsoft.com>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory
>> configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev
>> level:
>>

> But the strange thing is the Win 2008 overview page shows 8GB, just the
> task manager shows 4GB. When it posts it shows 8GB also.
>
> I've used Memory Pairing before, on a production server with 32GB RAM,
> we did a 16/16 pair, but this one was defaulted with 8GB RAM no special
> options/config.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 8:29:27 PM
In article <#3#n#v3dKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've got
> to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.
>
> I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there must
> be something different going on at the hardware level.
>
> So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows 4.
> On my system they both show 8.
>
> Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?

All my other servers show the correct amount - this is the only Dell 410
series we have.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/7/2009 10:17:24 PM
The real question is whether SBS is getting the full benefit of the 8 gigs,
or not.  And the answer so far is equivocal.

What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would satisfy
the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
the 8 gigs?

> In article <#3#n#v3dKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've
>> got
>> to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.
>>
>> I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there
>> must
>> be something different going on at the hardware level.
>>
>> So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows
>> 4.
>> On my system they both show 8.
>>
>> Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?
>>

> All my other servers show the correct amount - this is the only Dell 410
> series we have.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 11:01:39 PM
In article <eBAICF5dKHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would satisfy
> the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
> the 8 gigs?

Not sure, to tired tonight to check, will have to go onsite one more
time and check it.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 1:41:52 AM
I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version, or
running in a 32-bit process....

> In article <eBAICF5dKHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would
>> satisfy
>> the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
>> the 8 gigs?
>>

> Not sure, to tired tonight to check, will have to go onsite one more
> time and check it.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/8/2009 2:29:31 AM
In article <Okc7M56dKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
> almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version, or
> running in a 32-bit process....

That would make sense, but the media was shipped directly from MS's
volume licensing group (since we ordered VL with SA)..... I can't
imagine they would get that wrong - it's x64 as we have both a Program
Files folder and a x86 Program Files folder....

taskmgr.exe shows the following:

File Version     6.0.6001.18000
Product version: 6.0.6001.18000
Size 188KB
Date Modified 1/19/2008

Previous version - none

Damn, I just figired it out - they shipped it in MIRROR MODE. When you
install a Dell from scratch they send setup CD that will install the OS
DVD and all Dell drivers, it will also install the Open Manage app.

In Open Manage it shows:

Memory: Redundancy Status: Full
Fail over State: Inactive
Memory Operating Mode Configuration: MIRROR

Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang - I really hate DELL more and
more as we buy each new server from them. It takes 8 call backs to get
the server config right in the quote, then they delay shipping, then
they price OEM even though you've told them Volume Licensing with SA....
Now they ship the server in Memory MIRROR mode.

Thanks for sticking me with on this - I should have used Dell Open
Manage to start with.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 2:44:28 AM
I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
because I wanted to know myself!

Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on, I
didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC made
sense.

In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in which
has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I could
team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
don't have the need.

I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
me.

> In article <Okc7M56dKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
>> almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version,
>> or
>> running in a 32-bit process....
>>

> That would make sense, but the media was shipped directly from MS's
> volume licensing group (since we ordered VL with SA)..... I can't
> imagine they would get that wrong - it's x64 as we have both a Program
> Files folder and a x86 Program Files folder....
>
> taskmgr.exe shows the following:
>
> File Version     6.0.6001.18000
> Product version: 6.0.6001.18000
> Size 188KB
> Date Modified 1/19/2008
>
> Previous version - none
>
> Damn, I just figired it out - they shipped it in MIRROR MODE. When you
> install a Dell from scratch they send setup CD that will install the OS
> DVD and all Dell drivers, it will also install the Open Manage app.
>
> In Open Manage it shows:
>
> Memory: Redundancy Status: Full
> Fail over State: Inactive
> Memory Operating Mode Configuration: MIRROR
>
> Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang - I really hate DELL more and
> more as we buy each new server from them. It takes 8 call backs to get
> the server config right in the quote, then they delay shipping, then
> they price OEM even though you've told them Volume Licensing with SA....
> Now they ship the server in Memory MIRROR mode.
>
> Thanks for sticking me with on this - I should have used Dell Open
> Manage to start with.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/8/2009 5:17:15 PM
In article <#GNbNpCeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...

> I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
> because I wanted to know myself!
>
> Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
> settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on, I
> didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC made
> sense.
>
> In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in which
> has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I could
> team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
> don't have the need.
>
> I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
> me.

Most of our large server, 32/64GB ram ones, are mirrored, but they are
IBM beasts and I expect that level of redundancy from them (4 x PSU,
redundant backplanes, 12 drives with 2 hot spares, 64GB ram setup as
32GB mirrored with 32GB....) - never seen that in a Dell and certainly
didn't expect it in a cheap 410 server from Dell.

The funny thing, since I was there today, they had the memory in MIRROR
mode and Virtualization turned off - so the task manager showed 4GB and
8CPU's, when I enabled Virtualization and set the memory to Optimized, I
get 8GB RAM and 4CPU graphs - we have 2 x E5502 Xeon processors, so I
expected to see 4CPU graphs, but with the Virtualization bit disabled in
the BIOS we see 8 CPU graphs in Task Manager - I left it enabled looking
like we normally see it.

When we ordered a dozen R710 servers they didn't ship in Mirror mode, so
I'm lost as to why they would do that by default.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 9:31:54 PM
I once had an open bug against Task Manager in some version of Windows.  It
was showing the amount of ram less exactly 1 (meg? Gig?) and I thought that
was going to look like a virus infection issue--something grabbing that
space away from Windows.

It got fixed, and I got an email which was apparently from the developer
writing the code asking if it was fixed--I said yes!

So apparently even things that look simple--the amount of ram in a system or
the number of CPU cores isn't necessarily so simple for an app to detect.

> In article <#GNbNpCeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>>
>> I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
>> because I wanted to know myself!
>>
>> Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
>> settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on,
>> didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC
>> made
>> sense.
>>
>> In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in
>> which
>> has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I
>> could
>> team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
>> don't have the need.
>>
>> I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
>> me.
>
> Most of our large server, 32/64GB ram ones, are mirrored, but they are
> IBM beasts and I expect that level of redundancy from them (4 x PSU,
> redundant backplanes, 12 drives with 2 hot spares, 64GB ram setup as
> 32GB mirrored with 32GB....) - never seen that in a Dell and certainly
> didn't expect it in a cheap 410 server from Dell.
>
> The funny thing, since I was there today, they had the memory in MIRROR
> mode and Virtualization turned off - so the task manager showed 4GB and
> 8CPU's, when I enabled Virtualization and set the memory to Optimized, I
> get 8GB RAM and 4CPU graphs - we have 2 x E5502 Xeon processors, so I
> expected to see 4CPU graphs, but with the Virtualization bit disabled in
> the BIOS we see 8 CPU graphs in Task Manager - I left it enabled looking
> like we normally see it.
>
> When we ordered a dozen R710 servers they didn't ship in Mirror mode, so
> I'm lost as to why they would do that by default.
>

> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Integrate with a BP250 Ericsson system?
We are working with a customer who has a contact centre solution powered by an Ericsson telephone system. Does anyone know whether CRM 4.0 can be integrated directly with a BP250 Ericsson system? ...

Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems
Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks
I'm new to outlook, When I create field chooser and have the Company Name & Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up when I schedule a task. (That is what I want) However most of the time only the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name? Does anyone know why this is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time? Thanks in advance Mike iselltape@cox.net ...

Tasks in Outlook 2002
When I read tasks within the TODAY Window the date for all tasks is one day less than if I view the same task in the TASK Window. I am running Windows XP Anybody encountered this before? ...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

Task Manager
My work is based on projects that are email oriented. A specific project is rec'd, forwarded, replied to until it is complete and that email is closed. I am trying to use Task Manager to help organize these emails. I transfer an email to Task Manager by dragging it to the TM icon so that it saves it with the text in place but when I try to forward my response to someone else thru TM, it always forwards as an attachment. I know there is a way to forward these emails so that they show up in someone else's Inbox with the text displayed but I can't figure out how to do it! I ...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

task pool in outlook/exchange
Is it possible to have a shared "task pool" where there a bunch of tasks assigned to no one, but which people take or a manager assigns? We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, but can upgrade if this feature exists in 2007. Thanks, Dino it is not a feature in outlook or exchange 2007. you could use a public folder or a SharePoint list for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

OUTLOOK TASKS #4
EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!) THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS: APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE MODVER: 10.0.2627.1 APPVER: 10.0.2627.1 OFFSET: 001EE955 MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL THANKS! ...

No "Sender" or "Subject" showing
Suddenly, about 1/2 of the messages downloaded have no Sender or Subject showing, and the message displays in HTML coding. Any clue what's causing this? WLM Support Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live Mail http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15 Windows Live Mail Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15 Windows Live Mail Solutions http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15 -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "alsmithfl" wrote in message news:785170FE-56BD-4ACD-9CA3-A2934E476650@microsoft.com... Sud...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Integration Manager sorting
I am trying to upload an excel file into GPv9 using IM (sales transaction). The integration is set up properly and works. The problem is that the details (line items) of my integration on my spreadsheet are sorted a,b,c,d, etc. When I look at the order in GP after the integration is complete, there is no order to the sorting c,d,b,a etc. I have gone into source properties and chosen to sort based on the item field and it still results in the items showing up in a random order (after testing the same order a few times with various sort orders, it still integrates using the same sort...

Language icon not on system tray
I am extremely frustrated at losing 1.5 hours to a puzzle that seems to afflict XP alot (from googling). When I use my admin account, I added a French keyboard, but there is no language icon on the system tray. When I access the I can right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars, then choose the language bar, but it never becomes checked, and the language icon never appears. No error, no informative message explaining why, it just doesn't respond. I can go to Start- >ControlPanel->RegionalAndLanguageOptions->Languages->Details- >Preferences, but the LanguageBar butto...

system idle process spiking up to 100% of CPU
computer slow, freezing. beargrass2 wrote: > computer slow, freezing. If the System *IDLE* process is 100%, what does that mean? That your host is 100% IDLE. You'll need to look at the /real/ processes to see which ones are spiking. Wrong you should see 0% used if its truly idle and nothing is running . mine spikes to maybe 25 sometimes 50% but only for short periods then back to 0%. -- AL'S COMPUTERS "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:hlij5h$bo1$1@news.albasani.net... > beargrass2 wrote: > >> computer slow, fr...

Programmatically access a specific process in Task Manager?
Is there some way to open up the task manager to a specific application? I need to programmatically adjust a particular application priority and affinity. I can do it with a script if that application can be programmatically highlighted when task manager is opened. The problem is trying to get that application highlighted. My current method is to arrange by memory usage and move to the top of the list, since the application uses a lot of memory. But it does not always use the most memory. I could move to the top of the list and then press the first letter (key) of that applica...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

How do I Schedule Integration Manager
How can I set up Integration Manager to Run a specific Integration automatically. I assume I can use Windows Scheduler to set up the time and what application (IM.exe or IMRun.exe) but once I do that how do I tell IM to run the specific Integration that I want it to run? Thanks, Allen Allen, The IM documentation has a fairly detailed discussion on running integrations from the commandline. I'll send you the pdf manual if you dont have it. You can run one or many integrations using this method when you combine multiple integrations into groups. In addition there is an obscure, u...