SBS2008, 8GB shows in System Info, 4GB in Task Manager?

I have a nice new Dell 410 server with 8GB ram, can see it in the POST,
and the Control Panel/System shows a System Memory (RAM): 8.00GB, but
when I open the Task Manager it shows 4GB total memory, it shows the
right number of CPU's and the server is working fine, but I've never
seen the task manager show the wrong amount of memory in SBS 08 before.

Any ideas?

Trust yourself.
Leythos

Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down
at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?

"Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message

> I have a nice new Dell 410 server with 8GB ram, can see it in the POST,
> and the Control Panel/System shows a System Memory (RAM): 8.00GB, but
> when I open the Task Manager it shows 4GB total memory, it shows the
> right number of CPU's and the server is working fine, but I've never
> seen the task manager show the wrong amount of memory in SBS 08 before.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 3:53:59 PM
In article <5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...

> Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down
> at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?

In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.

Windows Server Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2

Trust yourself.
Leythos

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0

If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory =
configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev =
level:

http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&l=3Den&ref=3D=
CFG&s=3Dgen&~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&~lt=3Dpopup&~series=3Dpedge&~tab=3Dtopic=

> In article <5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com>,=20
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>>=20
>> Weird.  I notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line =
down=20
>> at the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?
>=20
> In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.
>=20
> Windows Server Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little=20
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to =
that. =20
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16444"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory=20
configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev=20
level:<BR><BR><A=20
title=3D"http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;=
l=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup=
&amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;l=
=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dhmc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup&=
amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic">http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo=
re/learnmore.aspx?c=3Dus&amp;l=3Den&amp;ref=3DCFG&amp;s=3Dgen&amp;~id=3Dh=
mc_11g_memory&amp;~lt=3Dpopup&amp;~series=3Dpedge&amp;~tab=3Dtopic</A></D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><BR>"Leythos" &lt;spam999free@rrohio.com&gt; wrote in =
message=20
news:MPG.2586f465c70c052998a004@us.news.astraweb.com...<BR>&gt; In =
article=20
&lt;5A78B76D-3577-4C2F-AA46-4ABDD629C5D1@microsoft.com&gt;, <BR>&gt;=20
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
Weird.&nbsp; I=20
notice that in Task Manager, in Help, about--there's a line down =
<BR>&gt;&gt; at=20
the bottom that also shows a ram figure--What does that show?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
In Help About, it shows 4,183,344KB memory.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Windows =
Server=20
Version 6.0 Build 6002 SP2<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; You =
can't trust=20
your best friends, your five senses, only the little <BR>&gt; voice =
inside you=20
that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.&nbsp; <BR>&gt; =
Trust=20
yourself.<BR>&gt; spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email=20
address)</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA773D.247AF9F0--

0
Bill
12/7/2009 5:59:42 PM
In article <5E03A9D8-34C5-4A3E-A7F3-FFEA2B356BCB@microsoft.com>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev level:

But the strange thing is the Win 2008 overview page shows 8GB, just the
task manager shows 4GB. When it posts it shows 8GB also.

I've used Memory Pairing before, on a production server with 32GB RAM,
we did a 16/16 pair, but this one was defaulted with 8GB RAM no special
options/config.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/7/2009 7:57:54 PM
There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've got
to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.

I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there must
be something different going on at the hardware level.

So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows 4.
On my system they both show 8.

Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?

> In article <5E03A9D8-34C5-4A3E-A7F3-FFEA2B356BCB@microsoft.com>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> If I have the right box, this thing has some interesting memory
>> configuration options, and some capabilities depend on the bios rev
>> level:
>>

> But the strange thing is the Win 2008 overview page shows 8GB, just the
> task manager shows 4GB. When it posts it shows 8GB also.
>
> I've used Memory Pairing before, on a production server with 32GB RAM,
> we did a 16/16 pair, but this one was defaulted with 8GB RAM no special
> options/config.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 8:29:27 PM
In article <#3#n#v3dKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've got
> to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.
>
> I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there must
> be something different going on at the hardware level.
>
> So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows 4.
> On my system they both show 8.
>
> Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?

All my other servers show the correct amount - this is the only Dell 410
series we have.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/7/2009 10:17:24 PM
The real question is whether SBS is getting the full benefit of the 8 gigs,
or not.  And the answer so far is equivocal.

What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would satisfy
the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
the 8 gigs?

> In article <#3#n#v3dKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> There's certainly something odd going on--the only SBS 2008 server I've
>> got
>> to look at shows all 8 gigs of the 8 gigs installed in task manager.
>>
>> I think you are running the same OS code I am, so it seems like there
>> must
>> be something different going on at the hardware level.
>>
>> So--Properties of "my computer" shows 8 gigs, but Task manager only shows
>> 4.
>> On my system they both show 8.
>>
>> Could this be a bug in Task Manager running on this hardware?
>>

> All my other servers show the correct amount - this is the only Dell 410
> series we have.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/7/2009 11:01:39 PM
In article <eBAICF5dKHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would satisfy
> the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
> the 8 gigs?

Not sure, to tired tonight to check, will have to go onsite one more
time and check it.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 1:41:52 AM
I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version, or
running in a 32-bit process....

> In article <eBAICF5dKHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> What about sysinternals tools?  Is there something there that would
>> satisfy
>> the question of whether the SBS processes are getting the full benefit of
>> the 8 gigs?
>>

> Not sure, to tired tonight to check, will have to go onsite one more
> time and check it.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/8/2009 2:29:31 AM
In article <Okc7M56dKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
> I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
> almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version, or
> running in a 32-bit process....

That would make sense, but the media was shipped directly from MS's
volume licensing group (since we ordered VL with SA)..... I can't
imagine they would get that wrong - it's x64 as we have both a Program
Files folder and a x86 Program Files folder....

taskmgr.exe shows the following:

File Version     6.0.6001.18000
Product version: 6.0.6001.18000
Size 188KB
Date Modified 1/19/2008

Previous version - none

Damn, I just figired it out - they shipped it in MIRROR MODE. When you
install a Dell from scratch they send setup CD that will install the OS
DVD and all Dell drivers, it will also install the Open Manage app.

In Open Manage it shows:

Memory: Redundancy Status: Full
Fail over State: Inactive
Memory Operating Mode Configuration: MIRROR

Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang - I really hate DELL more and
more as we buy each new server from them. It takes 8 call backs to get
the server config right in the quote, then they delay shipping, then
they price OEM even though you've told them Volume Licensing with SA....
Now they ship the server in Memory MIRROR mode.

Thanks for sticking me with on this - I should have used Dell Open
Manage to start with.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 2:44:28 AM
I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
because I wanted to know myself!

Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on, I
didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC made
sense.

In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in which
has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I could
team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
don't have the need.

I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
me.

> In article <Okc7M56dKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>> I did some searching, but didn't find anything I thought was valid.  It
>> almost seems as though the version of Task Manager is the 32-bit version,
>> or
>> running in a 32-bit process....
>>

> That would make sense, but the media was shipped directly from MS's
> volume licensing group (since we ordered VL with SA)..... I can't
> imagine they would get that wrong - it's x64 as we have both a Program
> Files folder and a x86 Program Files folder....
>
> taskmgr.exe shows the following:
>
> File Version     6.0.6001.18000
> Product version: 6.0.6001.18000
> Size 188KB
> Date Modified 1/19/2008
>
> Previous version - none
>
> Damn, I just figired it out - they shipped it in MIRROR MODE. When you
> install a Dell from scratch they send setup CD that will install the OS
> DVD and all Dell drivers, it will also install the Open Manage app.
>
> In Open Manage it shows:
>
> Memory: Redundancy Status: Full
> Fail over State: Inactive
> Memory Operating Mode Configuration: MIRROR
>
> Dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang - I really hate DELL more and
> more as we buy each new server from them. It takes 8 call backs to get
> the server config right in the quote, then they delay shipping, then
> they price OEM even though you've told them Volume Licensing with SA....
> Now they ship the server in Memory MIRROR mode.
>
> Thanks for sticking me with on this - I should have used Dell Open
> Manage to start with.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill
12/8/2009 5:17:15 PM
In article <#GNbNpCeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...

> I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
> because I wanted to know myself!
>
> Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
> settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on, I
> didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC made
> sense.
>
> In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in which
> has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I could
> team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
> don't have the need.
>
> I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
> me.

Most of our large server, 32/64GB ram ones, are mirrored, but they are
IBM beasts and I expect that level of redundancy from them (4 x PSU,
redundant backplanes, 12 drives with 2 hot spares, 64GB ram setup as
32GB mirrored with 32GB....) - never seen that in a Dell and certainly
didn't expect it in a cheap 410 server from Dell.

The funny thing, since I was there today, they had the memory in MIRROR
mode and Virtualization turned off - so the task manager showed 4GB and
8CPU's, when I enabled Virtualization and set the memory to Optimized, I
get 8GB RAM and 4CPU graphs - we have 2 x E5502 Xeon processors, so I
expected to see 4CPU graphs, but with the Virtualization bit disabled in
the BIOS we see 8 CPU graphs in Task Manager - I left it enabled looking
like we normally see it.

When we ordered a dozen R710 servers they didn't ship in Mirror mode, so
I'm lost as to why they would do that by default.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
12/8/2009 9:31:54 PM
I once had an open bug against Task Manager in some version of Windows.  It
was showing the amount of ram less exactly 1 (meg? Gig?) and I thought that
was going to look like a virus infection issue--something grabbing that
space away from Windows.

It got fixed, and I got an email which was apparently from the developer
writing the code asking if it was fixed--I said yes!

So apparently even things that look simple--the amount of ram in a system or
the number of CPU cores isn't necessarily so simple for an app to detect.

> In article <#GNbNpCeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
> bill_sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org says...
>>
>> I stuck with you not because I had any idea what the answer might be, but
>> because I wanted to know myself!
>>
>> Thanks--I guess it makes sense to ship the thing with the most redundant
>> settings possible.  When I bought the HP server I'm running SBS 2008 on,
>> didn't know enough, and let the sales rep convince me that a second NIC
>> made
>> sense.
>>
>> In the end, I disabled the onboard nic, and am running with the add in
>> which
>> has a slightly better feature set, not that I am using any of that.  I
>> could
>> team them, but it would break a bunch of wizards, I think, and I really
>> don't have the need.
>>
>> I've never run into a mirrored memory configuration before--that's new to
>> me.
>
> Most of our large server, 32/64GB ram ones, are mirrored, but they are
> IBM beasts and I expect that level of redundancy from them (4 x PSU,
> redundant backplanes, 12 drives with 2 hot spares, 64GB ram setup as
> 32GB mirrored with 32GB....) - never seen that in a Dell and certainly
> didn't expect it in a cheap 410 server from Dell.
>
> The funny thing, since I was there today, they had the memory in MIRROR
> mode and Virtualization turned off - so the task manager showed 4GB and
> 8CPU's, when I enabled Virtualization and set the memory to Optimized, I
> get 8GB RAM and 4CPU graphs - we have 2 x E5502 Xeon processors, so I
> expected to see 4CPU graphs, but with the Virtualization bit disabled in
> the BIOS we see 8 CPU graphs in Task Manager - I left it enabled looking
> like we normally see it.
>
> When we ordered a dozen R710 servers they didn't ship in Mirror mode, so
> I'm lost as to why they would do that by default.
>

> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Bill

Not enough system resources to display completely #3
Hi, We often get this "Not enough system resources to display completely" in Excel, using Office 2003, on PC's with sufficient Memory and also various display drivers.... After a restart, it useally works, but it appears to be a memory bug somewhere in Office 2003. Any ideas ? Peter ...

Having info in a certain cell EXACTLY same as in cell on anotherpa
SIMPLY... I want in my summary tab to have the data from A1-P30 to ALWAYS be the data showing on my first page tab that is in position A1-P30.. Once a week I move the data in my first page by moving rows up and down depending on the performance of a certain golfer and what place he now is in overall. This is driving me nuts! I know all about =page1$C$8 but that doesn't seem to work... "Max" wrote: > In your summary tab, > place this in any starting cell, say in B2: > =IF(ISBLANK(OFFSET(INDIRECT("'page1'!A1"),ROWS($1:1)-1,C...

Business Contact Manager How To Discconnect
The title says it all. After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it possible to discconnect? If so how? Your help is appreciated and will be acknowledged! Thanks (B^>)-]=[ "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ui5YSiF6KHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The title says it all. Um, no it doesn't. What do you mean by "dosconnect"? > After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it > possible to discconnect? > > If so how? The Business Contact Manager is...

Error after creation a custom field with Schema manager
This is my first attempt to customize the CRM. I used Schema manager to create a new field (attribute) and it seemed to be allright there. Then I published the customization, restarted the IIS and entered the CRM. Now an attempt to enter the customized area (I tried it with Leads and Opportunities) produces an Error without any informative message. Yet, I successfully customized a form with a new tab, new screen controls and OnChange event. Did anybody encounter a similar problem and/or knows a cure? boazM Do you removed any field? To see the error details turn On DevErros key on web.co...

Managing Exchange 2000 organisation users private mailbox permissions?
Hi, Is there some utilty to manage Exchange 2000 all users mailbox permissions ? Neither AD or System manager seem to have that possibility. Changing through each user mailbox is time-expensive.. I have a need to change all users calendar permissions to certain level and keep them there administratively. thank You in advance, Kalle Rahu beginning Exchange 2000 administrator ...

File info from Windows Explorer to Excel?
I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise how this can be done. Thank you Regards I assume you mean the Dir command. This is still possible from the command prompt. Go to Start|Run and enter cmd. -- Ian -- "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE32060-668D-4A76-B901-1AEB70925A47@microsoft.com... >I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS > Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise ho...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Out of Office Assitant Missing!!! Anyone got info on this?
My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "Help" menu is not of any help. I'm using Windows XP. I know I've used it in the past on this computer but now it is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks, Celtic Dog Dear Celtic, If your Outlook on this computer is not connected to an Exchange Server, then there will be no Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assistant is only available in "networked" versions of Outlook. Bob Sullivan "Celtic Dog" wrote: > My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "He...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

Real task duration
Hello, I'm a total Project Noob. I'm using Project 2007 and I want to do a 'simple'? task. I have a main project (MAIN). Then I have a sub project (indent 1)(SUB). This sub has 2 subprojects (indent 2) (SUB1 - SUB2). So it looks like this: MAIN start: 01/01 - end: 03/01 dur: 3 days SUB start: 01/01 - end: 03/01 dur: 3 days SUB1 start: 01/01 - end: 01/01 dur: 1day SUB2 start: 03/01 - end: 03/...

how to get rid of DASL/SQL/DAV filter in task pane?
I use the task pane in my calendar view (Outlook 2002). I have a filter set up so that completed tasks are not shown, and this has worked fine for years. However, over the past few months, Outlook has insisted on instating a "DASL filter," the details of which show up in the SQL tab of the Filter dialog as ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000- C000-000000000046}/811c000b" = 0) When this filter is in effect, future instances of recurring tasks are not displayed in the ...

Task Costs 02-22-10
I have a schedule with 20 different projects. I would like to assign a forcasted billing per month for each project. All i can seem to get is the total project cost divided equally by the number of months for each project. Obviously each month would have a different estimated cost. Thanks in advance for your help. If each of your projects rolls up to its own summary task, it should be possible to see costsas descrete as to the minute. You can use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view (For the project, I would use Task Usage View). Change the time scale at the top of the view t...

how to get info from outlook express to outlook
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER. ON MY OLD COMPUTER I WAS USING OUTLOOK EXPRESS AND NOW I WANT TO USE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK ON MY NEW COMPUTER. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY INFORMATION OFF MY OLD ONE TO MY NEW ONE. I HAVE FOLDERS SET UP IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT EMAILS IN THERE. I DIDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO GET ALL M INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO MY NEW COMPUTER FROM MY OLD ONE. PLEASE HELP. THANKS BECKY You need to fix your more serious problem, the broken caps lock key, before we can help you with your question. "becky" <bsba@watchtv.net&g...

Resource management application
Hi, I guess this has been asked before, but wondering if anyone can recommend a Resource management ( ex : Conference rooms or Projectors ) product ( 3rd party ) for Exchange 2003 SP2... A client of mine is migrating from 5.5 to 2003, and they were using an in-house script with 5.5, but it's messy and hard to maintain... I know Microsoft has the new auto-accept agent tool, but we need a bit more functionality and want to manage 50 to 100 conference rooms.. Thanks very much ! Swinc's ERM? http://www.swinc.com/products/erm/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Thinkpad21"...

More info. for Amortizing Terms
=ABS(NPER(+K8*0.01/12,-(J8),,-O8) This is the formula I gave in my last message. I realized more information might help The K8 cell is the interest rate, J8 is Payment amount and O8 is current balance. Excel has exactly the same function, and the parameters look like they are in the same order (it's been a while since I used Lotus, so I can't guarantee it). It's unclear what you mean by "current balance". Excel's NPER uses the parameters: =nper(rate,pmt,pv,fv,type) So if you want to know how long it takes to pay off a loan, rate is your K8, pmt is your J8 and p...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

I want to show chart data in order of bars, not row names
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to show a chart that has about 20 values, and I have sorted the source data so that I have the highest value items at the top and the lowest value items at the bottom. For example, if rows were Apple, Banana, Guava, Orange, and Yucca, I have sorted the data in order of the greatest value items (20 Guavas, 10 Oranges, 5 yucca, 2 bananas, and 1 apple). Yet the chart (a bar chart) only seems to let me display in either ascending or descending value by food name (either Apple to Yucca or Yucca to Apple...

show text when mouse rolls over hyperlinnk
How do I get a text box and description display when I roll the mouse cursor over text or a hyperlink? Reference: Using Tool Tips in Publisher Web Publications : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/pages/81254.aspx If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "rm1231" <rm1231@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2004526-4D2F-4ED7-9578-F157F04BED3C@microsoft.com... > How do I get a text box and description display when I r...

How do I restore contacts and emails from a system backup?
I had to re-install Win7 recently due to a mixup in registration. MS was under the impression that my version of Win was not genuine. I am using Genie Timeline for backup purposes, so I have all of the files relating to WLM. Which files do I have to restore and where do I put them in order to recover my contacts and mails? Thank you. Depending upon where you placed your mail stores... you should restore the folder "Windows Live Mail" along with all its subfolders. Typically this is located at: C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail ...

Unapplied Payments _ showing as Applied
We are using Dynamics Gp 9.0. Our Invoicing dept was applying a payment on a customers' invoices when halfway, Dynamics GP crashed and the system rebooted. Problem: 1. the payment shows on Transaction by Customer. When you click the Apply to see the documents it was "applied" to, it shows blank (no documents/invoices) listed, or returns "documents does not exist". 2. We have tried Transactions - Sales - Cash Reciepts, but those invoices (3 of them) that were being "applied" are not listed. In other words, they are "supposedly" paid. What we...

UML: Show Components on Deployment Nodes
I've placed "nodes" onto a deployment diagram, and I've added components to those nodes - but the diagram does not show the components I've added. The "Shape Display Options" doesn't have an option for showing or hiding the components, so I don't know what to do to show them on the diagram. Please help! Incidentally, in UML 1.1, the components were nothing but a list of strings/text appended to the bottom of the node. I'd be perfectly happy with that as well, but there is no option for it (perhaps UML 2.0 did away with it). So either way, I'...

I UNCHECKED THE SHOW SCREENTIPS, BUT IT WON'T STOP
Ok, the "cut, copy, paste" box keeps showing up when I try to tupe in Publisher. Other boxes show up all the time like on the desktop, "arrange desktop", etc. On the web, one shows up "back" etc. I have unchecked the box for "Show Screentips" but it still won't stop. It prevents me from doing any work. Please help!!!!! If the balloons are turning up on your Windows desktop, this has nothing to do with Publisher. HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729 -- Mary Sa...

Report Manager for Excel 2003 #2
Does anyone know if the addin Report Manager is or soon will be available for Excel 2003. I will have to roll back to 2002 for some of our users if they do not continue with this addin. Hi Mike There is no for 2003 but you can download and use the 2002 add-in http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=34DACD92-D511- 4760-8094-2754D82A4E2F&displaylang=EN Frank Mike wrote: > Does anyone know if the addin Report Manager is or soon > will be available for Excel 2003. I will have to roll > back to 2002 for some of our users if they do not > continue with thi...

system error msnp32.dll
How can I fix this error Maybe this will help: \\kbinternal\kb\articles\243\4\31.HTM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TPL" <tomlyons@eircom.net> wrote in message news:18F11A86-87AA-46D8-8DB3-E9F27F66CDD1@microsoft.com... > How can I fix this error ...

Be able to change address and customer account info @ each store
Be able to change address and customer account information in each store,instead of only at headquarters. Perhaps this could be an assigned security level. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups...