SBS 2008 VPN Network Resources Access Issue

Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access server
resources.

linksys RV80 router
- all the passthrough turned on
- TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS

SBS Server
- VPN turned on
- Network of 192.168.1.x

When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but cannot
access server resources. User's network address is definately different than
the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10

Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
turned off on user's and still no go.

Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
workstation.
And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring without
any problems.

Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry changes
and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems like
windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
server resources.

We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on user's
home computer or laptop.

The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.

We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so far
no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will be
much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.

Thanks all
--
AL

Any help here?

Getting WINS-like computer name resolution over VPN in SBS 2008
http://nicholas.piasecki.name/blog/2009/06/getting-wins-like-computer-name-resolution-over-vpn-in-sbs-2008/

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access server
> resources.
>
> linksys RV80 router
> - all the passthrough turned on
> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>
> SBS Server
> - VPN turned on
> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>
> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but cannot
> access server resources. User's network address is definately different
> than
> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>
> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
> turned off on user's and still no go.
>
> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
> workstation.
> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring
> without
> any problems.
>
> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry
> changes
> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems
> like
> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
> server resources.
>
> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on
> user's
> home computer or laptop.
>
> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>
> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so
> far
> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will
> be
> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>
> Thanks all
> --
> AL

0
Merv
11/25/2009 9:22:02 PM
When you say cannot access network resources do mean when they try to access
a network share via
\\servername\sharename they cannot access?
If so I had the same problem. My work around is to use the fully qualified
domain name such as \\servername.domain.local\sharename.

"Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access server
> resources.
>
> linksys RV80 router
> - all the passthrough turned on
> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>
> SBS Server
> - VPN turned on
> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>
> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but cannot
> access server resources. User's network address is definately different
> than
> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>
> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
> turned off on user's and still no go.
>
> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
> workstation.
> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring
> without
> any problems.
>
> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry
> changes
> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems
> like
> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
> server resources.
>
> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on
> user's
> home computer or laptop.
>
> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>
> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so
> far
> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will
> be
> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>
> Thanks all
> --
> AL

0
AllenM
11/25/2009 9:25:13 PM
Merv,
I came across that article when trying to resolve my issues and it did not
work.

FYI

"Merv Porter" <mwport@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any help here?
>
> Getting WINS-like computer name resolution over VPN in SBS 2008
> http://nicholas.piasecki.name/blog/2009/06/getting-wins-like-computer-name-resolution-over-vpn-in-sbs-2008/
>
> --
> Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
> ============================
>
> "Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
>> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access
>> server
>> resources.
>>
>> linksys RV80 router
>> - all the passthrough turned on
>> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>>
>> SBS Server
>> - VPN turned on
>> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>>
>> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but
>> cannot
>> access server resources. User's network address is definately different
>> than
>> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>>
>> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
>> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
>> turned off on user's and still no go.
>>
>> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
>> workstation.
>> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring
>> without
>> any problems.
>>
>> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
>> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry
>> changes
>> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems
>> like
>> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
>> server resources.
>>
>> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on
>> user's
>> home computer or laptop.
>>
>> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
>> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>>
>> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so
>> far
>> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will
>> be
>> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>>
>> Thanks all
>> --
>> AL

0
AllenM
11/25/2009 10:10:40 PM
Hey, we tried that, we have tried to access theshare directly by IP because
it is the best way to ensure resolution issues are not involved. We tried Ip,
Netbios name, Fully qualified computer name.  No go. Still can connect with
assigned ip
--
AL

Melibu Twin wrote:
> Hey, we tried that, we have tried to access theshare directly by IP because
> it is the best way to ensure resolution issues are not involved. We tried Ip,
> Netbios name, Fully qualified computer name.  No go. Still can connect with
> assigned ip
Any hosts files stuck on the local pcs?
0
Susan
11/26/2009 2:02:30 AM
Definately not. Just  a side pointer, the connecting laptop is not part of
the workgrounp by that should not matter. authentication was done in such
format domain\username . We can connect to a windows 2003 with the client
machine and access without problems
--
AL

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> Melibu Twin wrote:
> > Hey, we tried that, we have tried to access theshare directly by IP because
> > it is the best way to ensure resolution issues are not involved. We tried Ip,
> > Netbios name, Fully qualified computer name.  No go. Still can connect with
> > assigned ip
> Any hosts files stuck on the local pcs?
> .

Discovered something else interesting.

Once I login to vpn, of course I cannot access the network resources, but i
also cannot access the sbs server via RDP using an internal IP address of the
sbs server.

So once i log out of vpn, i can access the sbs server via public dns host
record. I am officially..?????
--
AL

"Melibu Twin" wrote:

> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access server
> resources.
>
> linksys RV80 router
> - all the passthrough turned on
> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>
> SBS Server
> - VPN turned on
> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>
> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but cannot
> access server resources. User's network address is definately different than
> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>
> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
> turned off on user's and still no go.
>
> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
> workstation.
> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring without
> any problems.
>
> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry changes
> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems like
> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
> server resources.
>
> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on user's
> home computer or laptop.
>
> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>
> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so far
> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will be
> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>
> Thanks all
> --
> AL
Have you tried running the Fix My Network Wizard?
Are any prblems showing up in the SBS 2008 Best Practices Analyzer?

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

> Discovered something else interesting.
>
> Once I login to vpn, of course I cannot access the network resources, but
> also cannot access the sbs server via RDP using an internal IP address of
> the
> sbs server.
>
> So once i log out of vpn, i can access the sbs server via public dns host
> record. I am officially..?????
> --
> AL
>

> "Melibu Twin" wrote:
>

>> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
>> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access
>> server
>> resources.
>>
>> linksys RV80 router
>> - all the passthrough turned on
>> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>>
>> SBS Server
>> - VPN turned on
>> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>>
>> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but
>> cannot
>> access server resources. User's network address is definately different
>> than
>> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>>
>> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
>> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
>> turned off on user's and still no go.
>>
>> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
>> workstation.
>> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring
>> without
>> any problems.
>>
>> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
>> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry
>> changes
>> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems
>> like
>> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
>> server resources.
>>
>> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on
>> user's
>> home computer or laptop.
>>
>> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
>> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>>
>> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so
>> far
>> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will
>> be
>> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>>
>> Thanks all
>> --
>> AL

0
Merv
11/26/2009 1:40:05 PM
Fix my network doesn't do anything, other than trying to config the router
which
never works anyways.

Another than that, there ain't much that came up with fix my network, i
really wish it was that easy. I think i ran that about 20+ times in the last
2 months

--
AL

"Merv Porter" wrote:

> [...]
> >> changes
> >> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems
> >> like
> >> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
> >> server resources.
> >>
> >> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on
> >> user's
> >> home computer or laptop.
> >>
> >> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
> >> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
> >>
> >> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so
> >> far
> >> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will
> >> be
> >> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.

I would be looking at why the assigned IP address of VPN clients is
associated with a different subnet. If you were connecting via VPN with the
SBS2008 box I would have expected clients to be allocated an address on the
same subnet.
Also what does the ipconfig /all tell you about the DNS server IP address?
Is it the SBS2008 server?
I would assume that you would not get access to SBS resources whilst you
have logged onto a different subnet.
Can you send the ipconfig /all for a remote client logged onto VPN?

Doog

> Fix my network doesn't do anything, other than trying to config the router
> which
> never works anyways.
>
> Another than that, there ain't much that came up with fix my network, i
> really wish it was that easy. I think i ran that about 20+ times in the
> last
> 2 months
>
> --
> AL
>

> "Merv Porter" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried running the Fix My Network Wizard?
>> Are any prblems showing up in the SBS 2008 Best Practices Analyzer?
>>
>> --
>> Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
>> ============================
>>
>> "Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Discovered something else interesting.
>> >
>> > Once I login to vpn, of course I cannot access the network resources,
>> > but
>> > also cannot access the sbs server via RDP using an internal IP address
>> > of
>> > the
>> > sbs server.
>> >
>> > So once i log out of vpn, i can access the sbs server via public dns
>> > host
>> > record. I am officially..?????
>> > --
>> > AL

>> .

0
Doog
11/27/2009 6:29:08 AM
HI ALL!! here I have both IP and Route information while connected to the
network.

********* IP Information when connected to VPN ******************
Windows IP Configuration

   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : xxxx-xx
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : xxxxx.local

PPP adapter Advent VPN:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : xxxxxx.local
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : xxxxx VPN
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.69(Preferred)
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast
Ethern
et NIC (NDIS 6.20)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-03-25-4E-48-CB
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-E0-A1-86-D5
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.105(Preferred)
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:16:05 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:08:14 PM
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{86D727AF-C2AB-49BB-A086-6C2AB39C6FC9}:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

******** PRINT ROUTE ****************
IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.3.1    192.168.3.105   4250
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0         On-link      192.168.1.69     26
     68.144.65.76  255.255.255.255      192.168.3.1    192.168.3.105   4251
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1   4531
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1   4531
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1   4531
      192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link      192.168.1.69     26
     192.168.1.69  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.69    281
    192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.69    281
      192.168.3.0    255.255.255.0         On-link     192.168.3.105   4506
    192.168.3.105  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.3.105   4506
    192.168.3.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.3.105   4506
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1   4531
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link     192.168.3.105   4509
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link      192.168.1.69     26
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1   4531
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link     192.168.3.105   4506
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link      192.168.1.69    281
Persistent Routes:
  None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link

--
AL

"Doog" wrote:

> I would be looking at why the assigned IP address of VPN clients is
> associated with a different subnet. If you were connecting via VPN with the
> SBS2008 box I would have expected clients to be allocated an address on the
> same subnet.
> Also what does the ipconfig /all tell you about the DNS server IP address?
> Is it the SBS2008 server?
> I would assume that you would not get access to SBS resources whilst you
> have logged onto a different subnet.
> Can you send the ipconfig /all for a remote client logged onto VPN?
>
> Doog
>

> "Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Fix my network doesn't do anything, other than trying to config the router
> > which
> > never works anyways.
> >
> > Another than that, there ain't much that came up with fix my network, i
> > really wish it was that easy. I think i ran that about 20+ times in the
> > last
> > 2 months
> >
> > --
> > AL
> >

> > "Merv Porter" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried running the Fix My Network Wizard?
> >> Are any prblems showing up in the SBS 2008 Best Practices Analyzer?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
> >> ============================
> >>
> >> "Melibu Twin" <MelibuTwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Hi all, I really appreciate all your help. We purchased a few microsoft
incident support pack and currently getting help from microsoft CTS. Thanks
again all

--
AL

"Melibu Twin" wrote:

> Hi all, in short we have a situation where we have a SBS Server 2008 with
> VPN turned on. Users granted vpn access can login but cannot access server
> resources.
>
> linksys RV80 router
> - all the passthrough turned on
> - TCP Port 1723 forwarded to SBS
>
> SBS Server
> - VPN turned on
> - Network of 192.168.1.x
>
> When connecting from remote, users can establish VPN Connection but cannot
> access server resources. User's network address is definately different than
> the network at the office. Eg. 192.168.5.10
>
> Firewall was turned off on the sbs jus to test to see if it is causing
> problems but users still cannot access serve resources. Firewall was also
> turned off on user's and still no go.
>
> Once connected, the SBS1 does assign IP address properly to the VPN
> workstation.
> And the remote workstation can resolve SBS properly. Also can pring without
> any problems.
>
> Unspecified Error or network resources was not found when trying to acess
> server resources. We have tried various tricks and tips with registry changes
> and such but still have luck.  We also tried various operating systems like
> windows xp, sp2, sp3, vista, windows 7. All can connect but cannot access
> server resources.
>
> We also ensured that the appropriate SBS certificate was installed on user's
> home computer or laptop.
>
> The strange thing is that, one day for no apparent reason, it worked, but
> when we re-established the vpn connection, back to the same situation.
>
> We have been trying to resolve this on our own for at least 2 months, so far
> no go and decide to get some 3rd party advice. Any help from any one will be
> much appreciated because we are getting exhausted over this.
>
> Thanks all
> --
> AL

Unable to access outlook
I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar...

Convert Excel to Access
I have installed the Access Links add in Excel but the actual convert command does not show up in the Data menu. What am I doing wrong? I have installed this feature on 2 different PC's with the same results (Using Office 2000 with all updates installed.) ...

Using Access for Microsoft Navision Reporting
I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and are willing to share their experiences with this approach. Thanks! Brad -- Brad "Brad" wrote:subed going to jail > I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to > produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and > are willing to share their experiences with this approach. > > Thanks! > > Brad > > > > > -- ...

Exchange clock settings/issue
I have a question about the clock settings on our exchange server. I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am hoping someone has had an issue similar to this one. We use an exchanger server 2003 and all of our clients PC's (Windows XP) sync up to the clock on the exchange server. For some reason our clock on the exchange server runs 6 minutes faster than the atomic clock. I am not sure where the exchange server pulls its time from or how it does. All of the clients show that their time is being pulled from the exchange server when I run 'net time' from the ...

Access 2007 & Printer control codes
My (POS) printer needs to receive the following - I think it is called escape sequence code "LPRINT CHR$(29); CHR(86); CHR$(48)" in order to activate the paper cutter at the end of a print report. Where and how do I have to place this on the print report form? Any ideas or clues? Thanks, Vassilis I haven't worked with printer control codes for a very long time, but you could try putting a textbox at the end of your report and assigning it's control source as: =chr$(29) & "; " & chr$(86) & "; " & chr$(48) That assumes the semi-colo...

Can you retain msgs in Web Access afer deletion from reg outlook
Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from being deleted from regular Outlook and vice versa? If you use Exchange as your default location for Outlook, then no. Once = deleted from the server, it is deleted from your default store. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carolyn asked: | Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from | being deleted from regular Out...

Allow Exchange Access, not domain logon
I am an email administrator for a community college. We have several adjunct instructors that use only OWA to access their email. However, when we create the email account, they are also able to logon to any domain workstation. Does anyone know how to resrict a domain account to be able to access OWA, but not have permission to log into domain workstations? We have a Server 2003 domain with 2 DC's. Exchange 2003 is running on one DC (I know it is not the best config, but it can be helped at this time.) I have tried the "Log On To" settings in the users AD object, but it alw...

callout registry access
Which service do I need to check permissions on to allow my callout method registry access? The user I am logged in with as I can run regedit with full rights, but my event log shows a permissions issue whenever my callout method tries to read from my registry. not really sure, but the callouts are controlled by the CRM workflow service I think - you can check the account that the wf service runs as... Dave "waterskier" <waterskier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03F597E2-1931-481F-87AD-6687133D4C7A@microsoft.com... > Which service do I need to chec...

Access Templates 01-23-08
So far I am the only one of 40-50 users that has received this message. I hve looked at microsofts information and found every file that should be associated with SQL-DMO. Since we have found no reason for this problem we have tried restoring to a time 2 months befor we first installed Office 07. After reinstalling Office 07, I can download templates for all other applications again but Access 07. Access 03 templates come down with no problems also. And I can not create a new 07 Access database. All of our PCs are loaded based on an image and I verified with the hardware folks that I have...

Cannot access System settings in Great Plains
I'm not sure what happened, but I can't access the System settings in Great Plains. A password box pops up when I try to access the System settings. (This even happens while using the sa account). None of the admins changed the security recently. Does anyone know how I should fix this? Should I just restore a backup of the Dynamics database? Does anyone know what the default dynsa password is? Maybe I can try to access the system via the dynsa user. Thanks. The password you are being asked for is not the password of any user. It is the System Password that was either enter...

OE removed access to the following
I am not able to open any attachments I receive. How can I fix this @bak.rr.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not able to open any attachments I receive. How can > I fix this Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup (hint: Tools>Options>Security) -- Brian Tillman ...

open existing .adp in Access 2007
I have upgraded to Access 2007, now I can not open 2003 .adp files. Double click on file starts access but file does not open, no error, just nothing except the Access intro. Even create new adp (in 2007), add a few bits, save, close, will NOT reopen. VERY frustrating to spend money and go backwards. Back end is SQL server 2005. Any input would be very appreciated, thank you. ...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5/Syncro issue
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. I used to be able to syncronize all folders using F9. This no longer works in Outlook 2003. The 'All Accounts' send/recieve group includes Exchange and all relevant folders. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks, Craig Buchanan Hi Craig, Thank you for your post. It may be better if you post this question in the following newsgroup: Microsoft.private.directaccess.Outlook-Exchangeclient The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who visit the newsgrou...

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

Dos printing on network #2
Hello I am using windows printing technology i.e( calling Onprint,OnBegingPrinting functions)but instead of calling draw text to print on printer I am writing the data in the file i.e fprintf for printing contents. I have to use the printing functions because of some logic that depends on windows printing loop. After creating the file I prints this file using DOS printing. i.e copying this file to LPT port. This gives me fast printing. But because I am using windows printing functions i.e OnPrint... the new printing entry is created in printer spool . 1.Windows file with blank contents -- st...

MS CRM 4.0 Performance Issue
Hi, Are there any ways with which we can monitor MS CRM performance? Or how MS CRM performance can be increased? (Considering opening a new record, save and close etc). As we have deployed MS CRM for one of the client and where MS CRM is supposed to do all the processing’s in a second or two. Help highly appreciated. Thanks Bharat ...

SBS 2008 Install issue
I have setup a virutal server and installed SBS 2008 using the migration process. I created the answer file, setup a virtual fdd and installed SBS 2008. There were no indications of any problems at all until it completed. A windows popped up and told me that the installation was finished and that there were a few non-critical installation issues. I clicked to look at the installation issues and there were 4 separate items 1. Exchange server 2007 cannot be installed. 2. Critical and security updates cannot be installed. 3. Incoming and outgoing e-mail for Windows Sharepoint ...

[ESC
Hi Guys; I don't know if this is something you can address or not... Diane & I - both Comcast subscribers - have had problems all week receiving from this one newsgroup. Between ~9:00 PM Sunday & ~10:00 AM Wednesday I received one message. Perhaps 4 posts (total) came through Tue, Wed & Thu, then nothing until 2 posts (in the same thread) today (Sat) between 11 AM & 1:30 PM. Other MVPs - not using Comcast - have indicated that there has definitely been a rather steady volume of traffic in the group. I also looked at the group via Mactopia & confirmed that there have...

Access 2007 leap year error
I have Office 2007 Sp 1 installed. When I attempt to create a report based on a query which has the following code: Between [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![StartDate] And [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![EndDate] where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are fields in the form frmMonthlySelector; For dates between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 I get a full report including items that have a date of 1/31/08. However, when I enter dates between 2/1/08 and 2/29/08 the report shows dates only from 2/1/08 and 2/28/08 and leaves off 2/29/08. As a test I entered static values, ie: Between #2/1/08# And #2/29/08#j The r...

synchronization of Xml file access in .net Pro
Hi, Iam trying to develop a solution for my comapny in MS VS Pro, using C++.net. My work involves extensive usage of xml as well. I use DOM model for xml opeartions. Now the problem scenario is that multiple clients might be using my application as same time and trying to modify/update the same xml file. Therefore i need a mechanism to provide a synchronous access to the xml file. One very obvious solution to this problem is that I use lock on the file access. Other solution can invlove some kind of usage of synclock to lock the block the code accessing/updating the xml file. But i guess bo...

Tab Control HTML Help issue
I've got a FormView that uses a CTabCtrl derived class to display some dialogs. Whenever I hit the F1 key on the top window it works fine. If I go to the 2nd or further tab, I get the "HtmlHelp: >pszHelpFile = 'c:\wspace\Projects\MDAF\Code\MDAF\MDAE\Debug\MDAE.CHM', >dwData: $2006d, fuCommand: 15." Error. Anywhere else in the application, it works fine. Once I click on the 2nd tab or further once, I can't do it agian. If I click on the actual tab twice and set focus to the tab, I am able to get help to pop up. I set a break point in the OnHelpInfo ove...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored ...
Hi. CRM 3.0 Windows XP Outlook 2003 My Outlook 2003 users are experiencing a problem in Outlook when they use CRM. When they access a tracked email, they receive a warning message from Outlook that says "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ......." I have many users who use Outlook XP and they don't have this warning message. Why only Outlook 2003 ? I installed the Outlook security settings feature in our Public Folder but it's not working for CRM. It's working for many other things but not CRM. W...

How can i send receive data accross the network?
Hi, I can connect to my two computers and I can either send a message or receive some data, but I also want to send _and_ receive data between the two PC, for example if I have a function to retrieve the other computer name I would do, CString a = GetComputerName(); But how would such a function work using sockets? because I need to send a message and then receive it back somehow. Any suggestions on how I could implement a SendReceive(...) Function? Sims For communication between two system through sockets. You have to create a server socket on one machine, i.e.,simply make that socket...

Outlook blocks access
I am trying to sync my large address book in Outlook with my phone using Bluetooth. When I open the connection Outlook tells me an application is trying to open Outlook & allows a maximum of 10minutes to get the information it requires. Unfortunately that's not enough time for my phone to sync all the contacts. Can I disable this feature on a temporary or permanent basis? or can I increase the maximum allowed time currently offered by Outlook. Any help gratefully received Chris Check with your synchronization tool vendor for a newer version that avoids the security prompt....

Outlook throwing 'Access is Denied' errors when using My Documents shortcut #2
Hi, I have a problem with a few of our users which seems to be isolated to Outlook. All the workstations are running XP SP2 with Office 2003 (using Outlook in cached mode). Our setup is such that the users my documents automatically maps to a network folder - This works fine through explorer, but when trying to access it via Outlook (save as an attachment for example), it returns "Access is Denied" and fails to open the my documents folder. This works fine from other applications such as word. I had initially thought an update to McAfee VirusScan had solved this problem, but appar...