SBS 2008 Server Not Updating Properly

I am running Windows update an SBS 2008 box. The machine seems to download
and install 39 updates, then it fails with the message:

Some updated were not installed
Restart now to finish installing updates.
Succeded: 1 update
Failed: 38 updates
Error(s) found:
Code 80070718   Windows update encountered an unknown error.
Code 643            Windows update encountered an unknown error.

I started with needing 43 updates, and each time it installs only 1.
If I run it again, it will probably install 1 and tell me it failed to
install 37 others.

Please help.

Thanks!

How restore Outlook messages back to Yahoo Server, removed in err
The related question to this msg is: Why, when you are setting up an account in Outlook '07 on Windows 7, not only is the DEFAULT setting to NOT leave a copy of messages on the server, you AREN'T EVEN ASKED WHETHER YOU WANT MESSAGES LEFT ON THE SERVER OR NOT? If I'd been asked I would have known how to answer, but I wasn't. That question is buried in the Advanced tab under More Settings that you do not automatically go to when setting up a new account. I didn't even seen the More Settings button. It may not have even been displayed. Everything setting u...

renaming windows server running exchange 2007
Hello all I have a small exchange environment runing a mix of ex2k3 and ex2k7 (one server each). I need to rename the ex2k7 machine. I was thinking of just doing it normally through control panel as you one would change any windows machine's name. Will this cause any problems with ex2k7 or even the ex2k3 server? or do i need to install another ex2k7 server, transfer stuff over and all those crazy things? Many thanks for your help. Yes, crazy things are in your future. You cannot rename a server that is running Exchange. You will need to install a second E2K7 server, move the ...

Install Exchange 2003 on different server in 2000 domain
Hello! I am not an Exchange expert, so please be gentle! I have a 2000 domain with two Win 2000 servers, both of which are DCs. The older and weaker of the two has Exchange 2000 on it. I want to install Exchange 2003 on the better server that has no Exchange on it yet, then move all the Ex2000 data to Ex2003 and take down the old Ex2000 server. I understand that I have to follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314649 if I am going to upgrade the domain from 2000 to 2003, but that is not my intent (yet). Do I need to do anything special to the 2000 DC server tha...

some Users can not connect to Server to fetch Emails !!! (URGENT)
hi dear friends we have Windows 2000 SP4 + Exchange 2000 SP3 installed and Post SP3 for exchange is installed too.users have Office 2003 SP2 installed ,we have defined S/R restriction for users for upto 5MB .now i have two questions first : users receive emails in their mailboxes that exceed 5MB limit .i want to know that how this occurs ? i think that they must not receive these emails . second : users use POP3 to fetch emails on their own computers ( .pst file )randomly we get these error that some users can not Send/Receive emails from server & Client Computer Hangs (Clients use Wi...

Problems after Online Banking Update
After the recent online banking update, I am unable to use several of my accounts with online banking. As instructed after the update, I disabled online services to several accounts and then tried to set them up again. Alas, but many accounts that used to be available are now gone! My primary bank accounts (at Bank of America Military Bank), as well as Dell Financial Services, and Best Buy don't even show up anymore! I can't re-enable online services to these accounts because they no longer appear in the institution list during setup. Is MS Money working on the issue, or di...

updating user info #2
I'm wondering how I can go about updating users info in our network. We currently have roughly 1k user accounts that only display 1st and last name along with their display name, alias, city, state. No phone numbers or location etc. Best case here would be to allow the user to update their own info durring our required password changes and not be allowed to log on untill the proper feilds are filled out. Our users move from department to department, often so their info is wrong 90% of the time. Their info in Outlook will say the person is in city (a) meanwhile you come to find out...

FTP Server Map
Is there any way to map the directory structure of an FTP server? I actually want to do 2 things: 1. Map the existing directory structure of my company's FTP server just like I would map a web site. 2. Create a conceptual layout of a FTP server directory (i.e. folder and sub-folders) Which stencils would I use? Are there any sample drawings that come with Vision or that I can find on the web? Thanks for your help. What if you mapped to the share point that the FTP server use, then use the Windows command (from the command prompt) called "tree". Pipe the output to a fi...

How to change Bridgehead server?
I'm migrating to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. Have the old 5.5 server and the new 2003 server the same Site/Administrative Group. I've moved all mailboxes to the 2003 server, and have added an SMTP connector to the 2003 server and added our domains to the address space tab , and have pointed DNS/MX records to the new server and it is receiving new mail just fine. All users connect to the new server to send/receive mail. I notice though in the email header of outgoing mail to other domains that the server that sent out the email is the old 5.5 Servername/IP Address. If I stop the...

Cannot uninstall first exchange server
Currently have two exchange 2000 servers - the "old" and the "new". Moved all the mailboxes to the "new" server, did "Q307917 - how to remove the first exchange 2000 server computer from the site", but when running the Add/Remove exchange and selecting "Remove", get the message The component "Microsoft Exchange Messagin and Collaboration Service" cannot be assigned the action remove becuase: One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail di...

Need to move an SMTP Connector in Routing Group to a new server
Hi All I am running Windows 2003 w/SP1 and Exchange 2003 wSP1 and I have a connector that I would like to move or point to a new server (Old server coming off lease) on the General tab properties for the connector there is a server listed as the local bridgehead. My question is if I change that server to be my new server name would that be like moving it. Thanks in advance Yes, that'll do it. The Connectors don't reside on Exchange servers, they belong to the Org (under Routing Groups). You select/change the Bridgehead - the server(s) through which mail for that Connector is ro...

Updating DataGridView bound DataTable from different thread
How I can add rows in a DataTable bound to a DataGridView from another thread. If I directly add it, my DataGridView stop responding. I am looking something Invoke kind of method. Regards, Manish ...

[Please help] 3 failed update installation in Win 7
Those three failed installation are with error code: 643 1. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (KB973924); 2. Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430); and 3. Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688). I used a toshiba satellite l505d-s5983. Please anyone can help me... Thank you in advance. You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052 You can ...

sbs 2003 and internal security
Hello, i have a client with sbs 2003 and w2k3 with sql with 30 users. the client wants that al 30 users login with a etoken usb or with OTP. 4 users make a VPN dail in to a router and then use RDP to connect to there PC. what is a good solution for SBS 2003 and maybe later SBS 2008. regards Marc. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0365_01CAA966.7476EDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable specifically designed for SBS http://www.scorpionsoft.com/ --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - M...

FW: Look at the important update
--ncxvibae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fcqlndwkjphudjthg"; type="multipart/alternative" --fcqlndwkjphudjthg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="otvymxqkwrxpcvuk" --otvymxqkwrxpcvuk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Inst...

Excel and SQL Server
I need to populate a column in Excel from SQL Server based on data in an existing Excel column. For example if I have a spreadsheet with employee ID’s in a column I need to go to SQL Server and populate the employee names associated with the Employee ID’s into an adjoining column. I have found plenty of articles on populating a spreadsheet from SQL Server but nothing on how to use an existing column as part of the join. I appreciate any help I can get. hi you need to declare your excel column a named range then use the excel file as a data source in your guery joining the ...

How to find out which server is sending spam?
I have some Windows 2003 servers that are using SMTP, port 25. I suspected one of the server is sending spam mails. How to find out which server is sending out high volume spam mails? Well, your firewall may be able to tell you this information depending on what reporting features it has. You can also turn off SMTP on each server to see which one is causing the issue but a little more information on your setup would be helpful as this has nothing to do with Exchange Server, unless Exchange is installed on these Win 2003 Servers? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchan...

Exclude one calendar from being sychronized with Exchange Server
Hello Is it possible to exclude one Outlook calendar (folder) from being sychronized with the Exchange Server? Suppose I have two Outlook calendars set up: one for work-related appointments, one for private appointments. Now, I would like have my work calendar to be sychronized with the Exchange Server at work, but not the private calendar. Is that possible? System: - Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 - Exchange Server 2003 (I cannot change anything on the Exchange Server) Thank you Sagi Hello, I don't think it is possible within the Exchange-Mailbox-account in Outlook, but you could ...

How to update/refresh/resize the systray after replace the windows clock with static
I been working on this clock replacement program because I never find any open source ones. I been having problem with the code and cant find a way to auto update/refresh my systray to fit my clock replacement. I already looked all over google and news groups. Take a look at those pics before I run the program http://69.50.187.114/~area51/before.gif after I run the program = notice I lost my AIM icon.... it overlapped the AIM icon. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/after.gif my program is MFC based. I decided to include my code for people to take a look at. http://69.50.187.114/~area51/Sta...

Updating IDs Using Junction Tables Without Combo Boxes
All, I am currently working on creating an input form that is designed to have contact information entered on one side of the form and land parcel information loaded into the other. The Contact information would be stored in the contact table, and the parcel data in a parcel table. I have a junction table, Owner that is designed to hold the Contact ID and the Parcel ID. My question is this, once the data is entered, how do I get the Owner table to populate with the proper IDs? I have previously created a database that used combo boxes, thus setting the IDs by that choice, but I don...

moving data from one server to another with difference in collatio
Hi all I am facing a problem...which is summed up as follows...I am moving data from one server to another....they both have GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 installed on same plateform..however the SQL collation is different...the new server has Arabic collation which we want it to be like this...and the old server has English collation...so taking a backup and restoring it won't work...so I used DTS to transfer the data and I succeeded up to this step....however when I try to logon on GP with the ‘sa’ user...I get this error “Your SQL Server Login record is not a valid user record in great p...

Deploying CRM on SBS
I am in the process of getting ready to install CRM 4.0 onto our 2003 SBS I need to update the SBS to sp1 for this to happen. I have downloaded all the parts for this. My main question is do i need to install all these parts if im not using any of those function on the SBS? i.e we dont have exchange or sharepoint on there. Also is there any other issue or problems people have found when installing CRM 4.0, is it best to use it with outlook 2003 or 2007? ...

Access 2000 DB import tables in SQL Server 2000 DB
I inherited an Access 2000 database that needs to have tables imported into a SQL Server 2000 new database. The Access database has approximately 30 tables. The Access database has approximately 10 forms, 10 reports, and 10 modules. I would like to import Access database tables into the new SQL Server database. After the tables has been imported I will create the relationship between the tables. Next I will create the indexes and link the SQL Server tables to Access database. I know Access 2000 upsizing will complete this procedure but it must have SQL Server v7.0 or v6.X database....

Can't install Office 2008 12.1.5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC After downloading the latest update, I get the message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.5 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I'm running OS 10.4.11 on a G5 dual 2Gig G5 with 3 gig ram Have Office 2008 media edition installed First thought: SP1 (12.1.0) is required before you can apply 12.1.5 - do you have that level? If not, run AutoUpdate to get it first. What source did you use for the 12.1.5 update? Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP]...

Updating Contact book
Is there a way to send a form to each contact in my address book to update (their physical address, phone numbers, alternate email addresses, birthdays, etc) and when returning to me, automatically tranfer the information (updating) the contact's information without manually entering all the updated information? I appreciate your help. I'm really new to this. (I still can't get my contacts from my yahoo account transferred over to my 2007 outlook!!) Google is your friend. Plaxo comes to mind but I have only used it once and almost ran screaming from the room when I saw wha...

microsoft money 2006 deluxe wont update my info
i have had microsoft money 2006 deluxe and i uploaded it to a new computer, comp 2, well i had been using a different computer, comp 1, but for some reason the information that i inputed on comp 1 will not come up on comp 2. The program is doing its back up when i log off of the program but when i log into comp 2 as i said all the infromation that i added to my account while on comp 1 is not there. could someone tell me if i have done something wrong or how to get the program on comp 2 up to date without having to enter all the info back into it. IF Windows Vista, THEN DO NOT STORE ...