SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access

I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008
domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office.
However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website
through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I
verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our
location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their
domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve
verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I verified
that they can successfully connect to other computer through RWW and connect
to e-mail through RWW as well as OWA without going through RWW. I verified
that all of the user’s permissions are correct.
I’ve also used and have had them use anther DNS address through a browser to
connect to RWW. They receive cert warnings and then connect to the site. They
can then connect to the internal website after entering their credentials.
However, when they try to open a shared excel spreadsheet they receive an
error and are unable to open the spreadsheet.

Additional note: From the computers mentioned if the user logs onto their
computer as a local computer account. They can go to the RWW site and the
internal web site and successfully edit the shared files.

On 4 May, 19:02, me <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Additional note: From the computers mentioned if the user logs onto their
> computer as a local computer account. They can go to the RWW site and the
> internal web site and successfully edit the shared files.
>
> "me" wrote:
> > I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS =
2008
> > domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office=
..
> > However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal websi=
te
> > through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message.=
> > verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our
> > location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with=
 their
> > domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I=92=
ve
> > verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I verifi=
ed
> > that they can successfully connect to other computer through RWW and co=
nnect
> > to e-mail through RWW as well as OWA without going through RWW. I verif=
ied
> > that all of the user=92s permissions are correct.
> > I=92ve also used and have had them use anther DNS address through a bro=
wser to
> > connect to RWW. They receive cert warnings and then connect to the site=
.. They
> > can then connect to the internal website after entering their credentia=
ls.
> > However, when they try to open a shared excel spreadsheet they receive =
an
> > error and are unable to open the spreadsheet.

When outside hover you mouse over the link and see where it points to.
yaro
0
yaro137
5/5/2010 11:10:22 AM
RWW points to the correct path but something in the browser or profile will
not allow the page to display. It opens another window fails to load and
never prompts for username and or password.

"yaro137" wrote:

> On 4 May, 19:02, me <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Additional note: From the computers mentioned if the user logs onto their
> > computer as a local computer account. They can go to the RWW site and the
> > internal web site and successfully edit the shared files.
> >
> > "me" wrote:
> > > I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008
> > > domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office..
> > > However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website
> > > through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I
> > > verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our
> > > location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their
> > > domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve
> > > verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I verified
> > > that they can successfully connect to other computer through RWW and connect
> > > to e-mail through RWW as well as OWA without going through RWW. I verified
> > > that all of the user’s permissions are correct.
> > > I’ve also used and have had them use anther DNS address through a browser to
> > > connect to RWW. They receive cert warnings and then connect to the site.. They
> > > can then connect to the internal website after entering their credentials.
> > > However, when they try to open a shared excel spreadsheet they receive an
> > > error and are unable to open the spreadsheet.
>
> When outside hover you mouse over the link and see where it points to.
> yaro
> .

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

International Version
I noticed that there is an Money 2004 International version for a 30-day trial. However, there doesn't seem to be any information about the difference between the International version vs. the US version for the real product. I am a US citizen living overseas and wonder if I should get a US version or an international version. I am worry when I need to go back to the states, all my data file cannot convert to the US version of Money. Joe If you intend to return to the USA, you should keep with the US Versions as the International versions are not compatible and include none ...

Something wrong with the site???
Why are none of the post from yesterday or today showing up?! On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:58:01 -0800, QB <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why are none of the post from yesterday or today showing up?! It's a problem with the Microsoft webpage. It's been reported and hopefully is fixed, or will be soon (I did see your post!) Note that the forum is NOT the same as the webpage. The webpage is just one of many ways to see the posts on the Newsgroup. Another (better, IMO) method is to use a "Newsreader" - I use Agent (www.forteinc.com), or you can use Outlo...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Administrator Access
I need a way in exchange for an administrator to be able to easily gain access to a user's account... without changing their password. I read that adding users to the "Send on Behalf" list in the active directory account does this, but this is not the case. We need to be able to see a user's account in the exact same way as a user sees it either via outlook or web mail without having to go in and change their password. Additionally I need an easy way to dump email into a user's account. The migration wizard IS NOT the solution. All I want to do is take RFC822 ...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

Backing up SBS 2008 premium
Hi I have a SBS 2008 premium installed on a VMWare ESXi server. We are looking to get the backups to tape as well as disk for this server, and right now i am doing backups with the internal windows backup software to a internal extra harddrive. The disk that is being used is formatted and handled of the backup software and this also means i do not actually have access to the disk as a logical drive for example. So i want to copy theese files to tape (on another backup server) and would like to get access to the backup files, how can i do this? is there a way of sharing the bac...

Excel template and access questions
We are going to use the Excel purhase order templates. We need to save each order in order to refer back to it. Is there a way to do this without saving each individual file (order)? Can we save in some sort of easy to locate "batch"? Also, is there a way to transfer a template that we have done (and all the data realted to it) into a Acess database withouthaveing to so much tweaking? If you have Access, I would suggest creating your purchase order database in Access and then having a mail merge push this information into an Excel template as needed, rather than going the othe...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

Copy & Paste Data from Web into Excel
When I do the above & use Vlookup for numerical data the numeric data is not recognised, although some data are in another excel workbook. How can I sort the data from the web so that I can do a proper vlookup What looks like a numeric field is actually text. This trick often works: In an empty cell enter the value 1 and copy it Select the offending numbers and use Edit/Paste Special->multiply Delete the cell with the 1 Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Kelvin Pakaree" <k.pakaree@credcor.co.za> wrote in mes...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...