SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 getting error c103b405 when trying to access system folders

We are trying to setup some custom eForms in exchange for integration
with a non-Microsoft Unified Messaging system. I am a part time admin -
and about the 6th different admin type to have my fingers in these
systems and so I have little information about previous actions ... thus
my cry for help here!

The steps are as follows:
1. Login as Enterprise Domain Admin
2. Start the Microsoft Exchange System Manager application.
3. Expand Administrative Groups >Folders.
4. Click Public Folders.
5. From the System Manager toolbar, select Action >View System Folders.

This is where it gets interesting - there are no Public Folders shown
and when you click to View System Folders - the following error comes
up:

Could not locate the root folder. Ensure that your default virtual
server is running and it is configured correctly. If you have used the
IIS Lockdown or URL Scanning security tools on your server, go to
http://support.microsoft.com for more information about running these
tools.
ID no: c103b405
Exchange System Manager

Now I have done some searching for the tools mentioned and all the
information from the Microsoft site would suggest that either A:) the
tools were not ever used or B:) the previous person that ran them then
removed all traces but left the damage done.

MS Baseline Security Analyzer 2.1 shows the IIS Lockdown tool as being
used - but that it is not necessary for Windows Server 2003 running IIS
version 6.

Any assistance that can be offered would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
ddehaan2
ddehaan2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/230946.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ddehaan2

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This may occur if the following web service extensions may be disabled in IIS Manager.
Active Server Pages
ASP .NET v1.1.4322
Microsoft Exchange Server

Suggestions:
1. Open IIS Manager (Start->run->inetmgr)
2. Click on Web Service Extensions.
3. Make sure status of all below web service extensions is "Allow".
Active Server Pages
ASP .NET v1.1.4322
Microsoft Exchange Server
4. If any web service extension is in "Prohibited" status, change it to "Allow".
5. Once done, try to expand public folder hierarchy through ESM.

Related information:
You cannot expand the public folders list in Exchange System Manager on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837365/en-us

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Reporting from Project Server

POST or GET?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Error 550 Relaying denied