SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003 SP2. I
have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try to
establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows 7
laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the Windows
7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also the
advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections are
enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing?

Thanks,

So let me understand this?
sorry I have a cold and it's hard for me to follow sometimes

You can connect through RWW to a 64bit PC with a 32bit
but not with a 64bit?
Is that what the issue is?
Russ

--
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC

"Dan Shallbetter" <DanShallbetter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A4DB6567-063E-44DF-ABEF-2EFC6124EED1@microsoft.com...
> Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003 SP2.
> have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try to
> establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows 7
> laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the
> Windows
> 7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also the
> advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections are
> enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,

0
Russ
6/13/2010 8:07:24 AM
Hello Russ,

No I am not able to access the 64 bit machine using RWW. I can using  RDP. I
also have a Windows 7 32 bit client machine on the same network that I can
RWW into without any problem.

Thanks,

"Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

> So let me understand this?
> sorry I have a cold and it's hard for me to follow sometimes
>
> You can connect through RWW to a 64bit PC with a 32bit
> but not with a 64bit?
> Is that what the issue is?
> Russ
>
> --
> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
> MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
> Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
> BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
> Microsoft New SBS Public Forum - http://www.SBSRepair.com
>
> "Dan Shallbetter" <DanShallbetter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A4DB6567-063E-44DF-ABEF-2EFC6124EED1@microsoft.com...
> > Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003 SP2.
> > have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try to
> > establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows 7
> > laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the
> > Windows
> > 7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also the
> > advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections are
> > enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing?
> >
> > Thanks,

on the PC that you are remoting from do you have the latest RDP Client?
Russ

--
Microsoft's New SBS Public Support Forum - www.SBSRepair.com

"Dan Shallbetter" <DanShallbetter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C5806A2F-AB2C-489B-8001-C66B7AF58DD6@microsoft.com...
> Hello Russ,
>
> No I am not able to access the 64 bit machine using RWW. I can using  RDP.
> also have a Windows 7 32 bit client machine on the same network that I can
> RWW into without any problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> So let me understand this?
>> sorry I have a cold and it's hard for me to follow sometimes
>>
>> You can connect through RWW to a 64bit PC with a 32bit
>> but not with a 64bit?
>> Is that what the issue is?
>> Russ
>>
>> --
>> Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
>> MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
>> Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
>> BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
>> Microsoft New SBS Public Forum - http://www.SBSRepair.com
>>
>> "Dan Shallbetter" <DanShallbetter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:A4DB6567-063E-44DF-ABEF-2EFC6124EED1@microsoft.com...
>> > Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003
>> > SP2.
>> > have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try
>> > establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows
>> > 7
>> > laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the
>> > Windows
>> > 7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also
>> > the
>> > advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections
>> > are
>> > enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing?
>> >
>> > Thanks,

0
Russ

IF Statement #7
I'm trying to create an IF statement whereby if a certain stock in my portfolio goes up for that day's activity, it will display a green up arrow; if it goes down, a stick person dangling at the end of a rope. (Just kidding about that one). The GIF pictures I want to use will be in the same subdirectory as the Excel spreadsheet. I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks in Advance!! Ron_D If you would care to use the WingDings font instead of a GIF, try this: =IF(K3>1," J",IF(H3>F3,"K","L ")) Then format the result as WingDings. You get either a smile...

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Access 97 can't resize database window

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Office installation and Windows 7

unable to read file #7

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

IE 7 webpage view
How do I make IE7 keep the webpage I want displayed everytime I open it up, without having to resize it everytime? Thanks, RED in NC Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize) Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the size next time. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:27:53 -0500, in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, "anglirich" <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: >How do I make IE7 keep the webpage I want displayed everytime I open it up, &g...