SBS 2003 - Internet Connection Limit on multiple connections

We are having an issue bumping into some kind of limit when connecting to the
internet. If 6 or 7 computer are on the net it is okay. When others try to
connect they get a Page not Found error. When machines that are connected log
off, then the other can connect to the internet.

While the Page Not Found error is displayed, they can still ping multiple
sites. Its just the internet explorer that is not allowing them in. All of
the SBS file access features are still working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Tim:

SBS 2003 Standard or Premium?

When did this start?  Or has it been like this from the beginning of this
server?

What happened just before it happened?

What errors are in the event logs of either the server or the workstations
when this occurs?

What is the edge device?

What have you tried to fix it?

-
Larry
Please post the resolution to your
issue so others may benefit
-
Get Your SBS Health Check at
www.sbsbpa.com

> We are having an issue bumping into some kind of limit when connecting
> to the internet. If 6 or 7 computer are on the net it is okay. When
> others try to connect they get a Page not Found error. When machines
> that are connected log off, then the other can connect to the
> internet.
>
> While the Page Not Found error is displayed, they can still ping
> multiple sites. Its just the internet explorer that is not allowing
> them in. All of the SBS file access features are still working fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Larry
11/29/2009 7:16:37 PM
In article <5C50A35F-F854-4721-BB77-FF5A504FBAB4@microsoft.com>,
TimA@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> We are having an issue bumping into some kind of limit when connecting to the
> internet. If 6 or 7 computer are on the net it is okay. When others try to
> connect they get a Page not Found error. When machines that are connected log
> off, then the other can connect to the internet.
>
> While the Page Not Found error is displayed, they can still ping multiple
> sites. Its just the internet explorer that is not allowing them in. All of
> the SBS file access features are still working fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

What firewall are you using?

What is your network setup - what DNS server are your workstations
using?

Post and IPCONFIG /ALL from server and one of the workstations

Trust yourself.
Leythos
11/29/2009 8:19:06 PM
Hi Larry

It is the standard Edition? It seems to have been happening for quite some
time now. On Sunday I was at the office and had 6 computers connected to the
internet. I could not connect the 7th. When I rebooted on of the machines
that was connected to the internet, I could then connect the 7th machine to
the network.

I have a pix 501 firewall.
I have a 25 user licence for SBS.
I use the SBS user as the DNS server and have forwarder built in to DNS
servers out on the Internet.

Thanks

"Leythos" wrote:

> In article <5C50A35F-F854-4721-BB77-FF5A504FBAB4@microsoft.com>,
> TimA@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >
> > We are having an issue bumping into some kind of limit when connecting to the
> > internet. If 6 or 7 computer are on the net it is okay. When others try to
> > connect they get a Page not Found error. When machines that are connected log
> > off, then the other can connect to the internet.
> >
> > While the Page Not Found error is displayed, they can still ping multiple
> > sites. Its just the internet explorer that is not allowing them in. All of
> > the SBS file access features are still working fine.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What firewall are you using?
>
> What is your network setup - what DNS server are your workstations
> using?
>
> Post and IPCONFIG /ALL from server and one of the workstations
>

> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)
> .

Outlook 2003 News

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

multiple flyers per page?

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Multiple stacked bar charts

Outlook 2003 #79