RWW, VPN, Exchange connection problems

Running SBS2003 on an HP server.  3 PCs used by onsite staff.  4th PC used
for remote access via RWW.  Having intermittent connectivity issues.  I sign
in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW.  I have another PC that I use to
access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on the
server at the office.
I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop
Disconnected.  An internal error has occurred".  When that happens, I also
notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the
connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost.  After a few minutes, it will
restore.

Onsite clients also reporting their Outlook client often shows a message
that it is trying to connect.

Last item - our phone system is an Avaya system on the network and recently
calls have been dropping.

DSL carrier tells me they do not see any errors on the line, I have no
errors in my SBS logs or on my router.

Not sure where to start, but the problem seems to be getting worse.  Used to
happen once in a while.  Now I might get dropped 3 or 4 times in a couple
hours.

Help!

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CB500F.0E4DC3A0

Of course the DSL provider is going to tell you its not their fault!   =
Do you have a Business Class with static IP?  or is this consumer DSL =
with dynamic IP?

--=20
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295=
73/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1217269967&sr=3D8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

  "LBit" <LBit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Running SBS2003 on an HP server.  3 PCs used by onsite staff.  4th PC =
used=20
  for remote access via RWW.  Having intermittent connectivity issues.  =
I sign=20
  in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW.  I have another PC that I =
use to=20
  access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on =
the=20
  server at the office.
  I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop=20
  Disconnected.  An internal error has occurred".  When that happens, I =
also=20
  notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the=20
  connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost.  After a few minutes, =
it will=20
  restore.

  Onsite clients also reporting their Outlook client often shows a =
message=20
  that it is trying to connect.

  Last item - our phone system is an Avaya system on the network and =
recently=20
  calls have been dropping.

  DSL carrier tells me they do not see any errors on the line, I have no =

  errors in my SBS logs or on my router.

  Not sure where to start, but the problem seems to be getting worse.  =
Used to=20
  happen once in a while.  Now I might get dropped 3 or 4 times in a =
couple=20
  hours. =20

  Help!
------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CB500F.0E4DC3A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Of course the DSL provider is going to =
tell you its=20
not their fault!&nbsp;&nbsp; Do you have a Business Class with static =
IP?&nbsp;=20
or is this consumer DSL with dynamic IP?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/=
0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D1217269967=
&amp;sr=3D8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleas=
hed/dp/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121=
7269967&amp;sr=3D8-1</A><BR>Owner,=20
CPU Services, Belleville, IL<BR>A Microsoft Registered=20
Partner<BR>------------------------------------<BR>MVPs do not work for=20
Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to me.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"LBit" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:LBit@discussions.microsoft.com">LBit@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7D904832-79F7-42BD-AB9B-707EDDE57C8A@microsoft.com">news:7D9=
04832-79F7-42BD-AB9B-707EDDE57C8A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Running=20
  SBS2003 on an HP server.&nbsp; 3 PCs used by onsite staff.&nbsp; 4th =
PC used=20
  <BR>for remote access via RWW.&nbsp; Having intermittent connectivity=20
  issues.&nbsp; I sign <BR>in remotely using an XP workstation =
w/RWW.&nbsp; I=20
  have another PC that I use to <BR>access Exchange, and occasionally =
connect=20
  with VPN to access files on the <BR>server at the office.<BR>I keep =
getting=20
  dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop =
<BR>Disconnected.&nbsp;=20
  An internal error has occurred".&nbsp; When that happens, I also =
<BR>notice=20
  that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the =
<BR>connection=20
  to Microsoft Exchange has been lost.&nbsp; After a few minutes, it =
will=20
  <BR>restore.<BR><BR>Onsite clients also reporting their Outlook client =
often=20
  shows a message <BR>that it is trying to connect.<BR><BR>Last item - =
our phone=20
  system is an Avaya system on the network and recently <BR>calls have =
been=20
  dropping.<BR><BR>DSL carrier tells me they do not see any errors on =
the line,=20
  I have no <BR>errors in my SBS logs or on my router.<BR><BR>Not sure =
where to=20
  start, but the problem seems to be getting worse.&nbsp; Used to =
<BR>happen=20
  once in a while.&nbsp; Now I might get dropped 3 or 4 times in a =
couple=20
  <BR>hours.&nbsp; <BR><BR>Help!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CB500F.0E4DC3A0--

0
Cris
9/9/2010 4:06:30 PM
Business class with static IP.

Also - ended up with a duplicate post, so not going to monitor this one and
going to continue with other titled 'SBS Connectiviy issues'.

"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" wrote:

> Of course the DSL provider is going to tell you its not their fault!   Do you have a Business Class with static IP?  or is this consumer DSL with dynamic IP?
>

> --
> Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
> Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
> http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
> Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
> A Microsoft Registered Partner
> ------------------------------------
> MVPs do not work for Microsoft
> Please do not submit questions directly to me.
>
>   "LBit" <LBit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D904832-79F7-42BD-AB9B-707EDDE57C8A@microsoft.com...
>   Running SBS2003 on an HP server.  3 PCs used by onsite staff.  4th PC used
>   for remote access via RWW.  Having intermittent connectivity issues.  I sign
>   in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW.  I have another PC that I use to
>   access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on the
>   server at the office.
>   I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop
>   Disconnected.  An internal error has occurred".  When that happens, I also
>   notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the
>   connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost.  After a few minutes, it will
>   restore.
>
>   Onsite clients also reporting their Outlook client often shows a message
>   that it is trying to connect.
>
>   Last item - our phone system is an Avaya system on the network and recently
>   calls have been dropping.
>
>   DSL carrier tells me they do not see any errors on the line, I have no
>   errors in my SBS logs or on my router.
>
>   Not sure where to start, but the problem seems to be getting worse.  Used to
>   happen once in a while.  Now I might get dropped 3 or 4 times in a couple
>   hours.
>
>   Help!

Spot Color problems
This time I got a logo (red and black) that was embedded as a jpg. I go to click tools/commercial press/spot color and it all turns black. OK, I save the embedded file to Photoshop. Reformat the thing as a tif file put Red 186 in then save. Go back to the job - link the new picture and it STILL comes in all black. I have to print this thing on a printing press. What am I doing wrong?? Sheesh - MS Publisher 2002. Thanks Donna <> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Donna <Donna>!"... > This time I got a logo (red and black) that was embed...

HELP: big problem with Excel, source cells, crashing and general madness
I have been on microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs but so far just the one reply (from someone who has exactly the same problem as we do and has not yet solved it either). Anyone here can help??? My boss has this massive Excel spreadsheet with a number of worksheets linked with other spreadsheets etc. He is using Excel 2000 on Office 2000. His computer was crashing with the above whenever he tried to do work on it. We bought him a brand new computer, 1 gig of RAM, 80 GB of HDD. We're a small company - a charity - so this was as powerful as we could afford. This was a week ago and it&#...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Connection to server in outlook
How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server could not be established". Thanks Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked: | How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the | server could not be established". | | Thanks I got th...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

CETK &Remote tools connection
Hi All, I am using Windows CE 6 /VS 2005 and ARM platform (samsung 6410).I built image and sdk using PB.Failed to use platform builder remote tools/CETK ,as none of my CE 6 sdk's installed are displayed in devices list.Only my previous versions of (CE 5.0) sdk's are displayed.When I tried to use Visual Studio Remote tools (Remote file viewer,Registry Viewer etc)its displaying all my devices/sdks.Could you please help us to resolve this issue ,as it help us to use CETK from platform builder. Thanks in advance. Sam On 29 June, 06:29, sam <u...@msgroups.net/> wrote: > Hi All, ...

Exchange 5.5 Store.exe Event ID 4097
The following Dr Watson error has occurred 3 times over the last 3 weeks - I cannot determine any pattern or trend: The application, store.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/30/2004 @ 13:26:29.025 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466B (<nosymbols>) ========================================================== Any assistance will be appreciated. I have the "Recovey Tab" set to restart on all failures, and it has been restarting OK... ======================================================== Here is the entire entry from the drWts...

CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes
CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes. This tool is suppose to go though files to see if there is credit card information in mailboxes. Has anyone had to run a tool like this? ...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

French CAL on English Exchange?
Does any one know if it is possible to install French or Spanish CAL's on an English exchange server? Thank you ...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Public Folder Nightmare-Exchange 2003 (Long)
I sure hope some one can help with this.. Part one of my issue I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our Ex2k native eniviroment. The Public folder hierarchy would not replicate properly until I sent the hierarchy manually through the ESM. Then, I tried to replicate a folder from the old Ex2k server. The folder showed up immediately on the 2k3 server in 'Public Folder Instances' but with 0 items and 0kb. No data would ever replicate; although new items being posted would go there fine. I built a test lab to try and replicate this behavior. I found that replication work...

Moving Mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to 2003
Which is better to use, if any, to move mailboxes; admin tools (ADUC) for windows 2000 or the ADUC for windows 2003 when moving mailboxes from exchange 2000 to 2003? Just curious if they is any differance. I've noticed there are more events logged while moving under the 2003 version in my test enviorment which I like. Thanks John When i've done migrations i've always used the 2k3 version. Figured since that's where i was going i might as well use it. Functionally i don't think there is much difference other than perhaps the logging you pointed out. "John&quo...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2000 Migration
We're looking to migrate the mailboxes and public folder data from an Exchange 2000 Server to a new installation of Exchange 2003. The current Exchange server has been running for several years, and we'd like to start fresh. Would performing an upgrade to the 2000 server then adding another 2003 server be the best course, or is there a better way to move the mailboxes over? I haven't seen much info on anything but a straight upgrade from 2000 to 2003... Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael "Michael LaFayette" <lafayette@c...

Outlook 2K3, 1 SMTP acct, 1 Exchange Acct
So, I would like to configure outlook on my home pc to check my personal SMTP account as well as my work Exchange account. I can set them up in tandum fine but they all get dumped to the same inbox, and what's worse it it's not leaving my work emails on the exhange server as I would like. I could setup a filter based on To: to put emails into different folders but that doesn't really work across the board (BCC:, etc.). I would have thought the default behavior would be to have two Inbox folders under the different "Mailbox" expandable navigation menus in Outlook and p...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Dynamic Connections
In a flowchart, I am trying to connect a decision shape to a process shape. I am unable to create a dynamic connection. Is there a limit to the number of dynamic connections in a doc? What am I doing wrong? I've read and re-read the tutorial, tried the connection button on the toolbar, tried the dynamic connector on the shapes window, re-booted the computer and still I can't get those little connector boxes to turn red. HELP -- Glenda On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:23:04 -0700, Glenda <Glenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In a flowchart, I am trying to connect a deci...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

Multiuser Exchange Mailbox using Outlook 2000
I work for a company that needs to repond to customer emails. We have several people who do this and we need to quality check each email before it is actually sent out. We use a community mailbox for our customer emails and each user has access to it through our Exchange Server in addition to their own mailbox. One of the reps would reply to the message and save it. They would then move the email from his/her drafts folder to the QC folder in the community mailbox. Our problem was that a good portion of the time half the text would be missing from the email that was saved. Does anyone know how...