RWW SBS 2008 02-24-10

Cannot connect to client desktop using  "Domain IP/remote"  We get to Remote
Web Workplace main menu.  Select connect to desktop and receive the following
error:   "To connect to Remote Web Workplace you must install the proper
certificate. Contact the person who provides tech support for your network."
We tried to install the "Install Certificate Package" on the client as
suggesed with no luck.  SBS 2003 was seamless.  What am I missing with 2008?

Ken wrote:

>Cannot connect to client desktop using  "Domain IP/remote"  We get to
>Remote
>Web Workplace main menu.  Select connect to desktop and receive the
>following
>error:   "To connect to Remote Web Workplace you must install the proper
>certificate. Contact the person who provides tech support for your
>network."
>We tried to install the "Install Certificate Package" on the client as
>suggesed with no luck.  SBS 2003 was seamless.  What am I missing with
>2008?

The remote machine must have the Certificate Package installed too.

Or you can use a proper 3rd-party certificate (from around $20/pa), and
this nonsense goes away.

--
Steve Foster
------------

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

SUMPRODUCT 05-06-10
Hello, I've used this formular to find work piece that gets done per department. =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532")) Department 14532 was not picked up even though other department's number was correctly counted. But if I put a letter, say like C (14532C) and adds C to my formular as in =SUMPRODUCT(('Q2'!E13:E150="Done")*('Q2'!G13:G150="14532C")) then it picks up how many pieces were done for this department. I suspect this is in my cell format but I could not figure out wh...

Query Problem 03-27-10
Hi, I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies' personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName, DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on different dates. I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date. my query is as follow SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.* FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.B...

Mac Word 2008: How can I tile a background or watermark?

SBS 2003 R2 + UCC Certicifate Woes
Hi, I have a client whereby I'm having problems with a UCC certificate. The original UCC certificate was from GoDaddy and issued in the single name of server.domain.com. It worked fine on their single-NIC SBS 2003 R2 installation. Now they are going dual-WAN and I plan to assign the URL server2.domain.com to the second WAN connection (which will be handled by their dual-WAN firewall device). In preparation for this I added server2.domain.com as a SAN to the UCC cert and had GoDaddy re-issue it. I then imported the new cert into the Computer's Personal store and replaced th...

outlook calendar #10
How can I set up the calendar so that each of my appointments are automatically given 15 minutes or 10 minutes ? set the time scale to 10 or 15 min. right click on the time scale in day view or change it in tools, options, calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www....

Office 2003 Pictures not compatible with Office 2008 Mac #2
I'm using MS Office Mac 2008. Rest of company using PC/Windows and MS Office 2003. When I view corp documents (PowerPoint, Word), some of the pictures in the document are formatted incorrectly. I don't know the source of the picture but it is some sort of bitmap image (jpg, gif, bmp). Displays correctly on PC and Office 2003. When I open these files with MS Office Mac 2008, some of these pictures display properly, but many others are zoomed/cropped. Happens with both PowerPoint and Word. I can right click on the picture, and choose "format picture" so Office sees it as...

accessing crm via RWW or terminal service ?
Hi , Can anyone pls give me some help on using CRM 3.0 via terminal server or remote web workplace. This way we dont need to worry about VPN's and give outlook or webaccess within the terminal/RWW itself.. any feedback ? thanks Thanks Larry. Very helpful. "Larry Lentz [CRM MVP]" <LarryLentzCRMMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE62280-4345-4405-8C1A-DE41ABD7772A@microsoft.com... > Accessing CRM via RWW and Terminal Services/RDP is no problem. If you can > log > into your workstation via RWW or RDP, you can certainly access CRM if you ...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

DATEVALUE("10/30/2009") Fails with #VALUE! Error

Direct Access and SBS 2008
Has anyone successfully depolyed Direct Access on a SBS 2008 Server? Trying to figure out if SBS 2008 will do Direct Access or not. Not a whole lot of info out there on this topic. If purchasing Win2k8 R2 is the only way to get Direct Access I would like to know that ahead of time. Seems like such a waste of money for only 15users though. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0109_01CB3E20.49662E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Direct Access is a function of Server 2008 ...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

essai 02-07-08
kur NFztoa"o un petit essai bisssses louisa ...

external connector 10-17-06
Hi, I am just wondering what kind of license we would need if we are to create an online system that will integrate with MS CRM 3.0. The online system will have its own database. We would like to integrate our database with the CRM db. Clients will access the system through the internet. Do we need the external connector license for us to access the data on CRM? Like write data from our db to CRM db and vice versa? Thanks! The external connector license is designed to enable external access to MSCRM for an unspecified group (unlimited number) of non-CRM users. If these external use...

Recovery Console 03-04-10
I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini disappeared. As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task. However, I am unable to get rid of cmdcons. Can anyone help? Thanks JB Please, ignore. I found solution. Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:OrcmLs7uKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in ...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations
GP version 10.00.1237 Standard The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is still locked. I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue or offer a solution. Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or...

MS CRM 3.0 and SBS Server
what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or Standard? CRM Small Business Edition -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message news:eYlvm9CPGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or > Standard? > Premium. You need SQL Server, which only comes with Premium. "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message ...

6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?
Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the box, or is it impossible? -- Thank You Vince :) One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure out amount for the 6th bottle and above. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:14DF8630-C031-4C90-8FCB-BE8085FFCA25@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the > box, > or is it impossible? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Can you elaborate any further? If in using the discount section won't tha...

COUNTIF Function 04-19-10
I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value as the origin cell. Is there some type of malfunction with tis function? It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate. Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks something like: =COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value") when it should be: =COUNTIF(1:1,"My value") -- Best Regards, Luke M "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Format 05-11-10
In table A I have Paid_Amount which is stored as currency. In table B I have Membership which is stored as a number long integer. In the query I have PMPM:([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) The query runs fine, but the data is a long number. I then changed it to say PMPM:FormatCurrency([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) and I end up with $0.00 for all my answers. What can I do? well technically, Paid_Amount is being stored as Double or Decimal, but being presented as currency. When you divide by an integer, Access thinks you are "integer math" the solution, is to convert the...

MS Chart Control for VC++9 03-14-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks "Azed" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OTMhW14wKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS > chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS > chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. > Is...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...

Outlook Web Access Problems (SBS 2003)
Wonder if any one can help... We use Outlook Web Access and until last week we have never had any problems.... (SBS 2003) I get to the login screen and put my username and password in and I get the error "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." I've tested the login as both the user the admininstrator and internally on the server and I get the same problem... I'm not aware that we have installed any new apps or made any changes recently Any ideas....?, the users just seem to have los...

vlookup #10
I'd like to teach myself vlookup are there any online courses that will teach me or and courses i should take before attempting to learn this function? Please Help. Thanks in advance for reading my posting Try Debra Dalgleish's website: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Does that help? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "Rachel J" <Rachel J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54F74BBD-847A-4796-A809-4954DC26C863@microsoft.com... > I'd like to teach m...