Remove WMI filter

..I have recently migration install from SBS2003 to SBS2008. SBS2008 seem to
be fine except for about 5 issues detected by BPA2008. One of the issues is
as ff:

WMI filter for Windows Vista client computers still exixts
The Vista WMI filter for the client computers still exists on your server.
You should remove this filter after you complete the migration.

The migration is complete - how do I remove these filters?

--
Thanks for you assistance in advance.
Jack

Here's a post showing how to create a new WMI filter.

It illustrates how to recover from doing this wrong, which may be userful,
and it should also enable you to find the correct filter which you want to
remove:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/33892076/wmi-filter--windows-sbs.aspx

"hijack" <hijack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> .I have recently migration install from SBS2003 to SBS2008. SBS2008 seem
> be fine except for about 5 issues detected by BPA2008. One of the issues
> is
> as ff:
>
> WMI filter for Windows Vista client computers still exixts
> The Vista WMI filter for the client computers still exists on your server.
> You should remove this filter after you complete the migration.
>
> The migration is complete - how do I remove these filters?
>
> --
> Thanks for you assistance in advance.
> Jack

0
Bill
2/25/2010 2:35:12 PM
hijack wrote:

>.I have recently migration install from SBS2003 to SBS2008. SBS2008 seem to
>be fine except for about 5 issues detected by BPA2008. One of the issues is
>as ff:
>
>WMI filter for Windows Vista client computers still exixts
>The Vista WMI filter for the client computers still exists on your server.
>You should remove this filter after you complete the migration.
>
>The migration is complete - how do I remove these filters?

Open the Group Policy Management Console.

Expand the tree until you see the list of WMI Filters.

Highlight the relevant filter, right-click and choose Delete.

--
Steve Foster
------------

"hijack" wrote:

> .I have recently migration install from SBS2003 to SBS2008. SBS2008 seem to
> be fine except for about 5 issues detected by BPA2008. One of the issues is
> as ff:
>
> WMI filter for Windows Vista client computers still exixts
> The Vista WMI filter for the client computers still exists on your server.
> You should remove this filter after you complete the migration.
>
> The migration is complete - how do I remove these filters?
>
> --
> Thanks for you assistance in advance.
> Jack

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

removing headers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have followed all of the directions to get rid of a header I never put on, but nothing works. It says 'click on the header', but my cursor will not click on the header. How do I get rid of this? *What* says 'click on the header'? To get into the Header/Footer layer directly requires a double-click. Alternatively you can use the menu to access it if you go to View> Header & Footer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/27/10 3:52 PM, in article 59bb78ef.-1@webcross...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

Remove E-mail Messages from Queue
The answer to the How do I remove e-mail messages from my In Progress queue? on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM site doesn't appear to be correct. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsemailoutlook.mspx When you follow the step below it removes it also from CRM. To remove e-mail messages from a queue, delete them. Unlike other activities in the queues, they are not deleted from Microsoft CRM. To delete messages completely from Microsoft CRM, delete them in the Activities area. Anybody agree or disagree? Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com Gidday Jerry, I w...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

filtering the graphs
Hello, here is the issue. This is important for me. I have the graph object in Report that have row source from query. Query have fields A, B, C while graph only uses A and B. Now here comes the problem, I want to dynamically filter records using field C. When I apply filter in open.report where clause it does not work here. How can I bypass it? Thanx m ...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Removing Album Artwork
I own a fair amount of albums that Media Player 11 cannot find the information for. Now I could go out of my way to find the album artwork and paste it in, but I've decided to just leave them with no artwork and just find the info on albums that can be found. Unfortunately, I accidentally added the wrong album art on one of these unfindable albums. How do I get rid of this art, and reset the album to it's “no album artwork” state? This artwork is stored as separate JPG files, in the same folder where the album tracks are. Deleting all JPG files you see there should remo...

Removing attachment from reply
I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the attachment back, simply and easily "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8F6825E-69E1-410E-846F-4D8139AAB456@microsoft.com... > I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the > attachment back, simply and easily Reply shouldn't keep the attachment by default. Replies do not include the attachment. Forwards include attachments. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Recipient Filtering
Good Day All, Okay, let me say what I want first. I would like to have an area within IMF to enter the e-mail addresses that I would like IMF not to filter. Meaning any e-mails coming from that address should not be filtered. Is that possible? I thought that the Recipient Filtering was the option for this, but its just for addresses that you don't want to get e-mails. Thanks. You can do this, although you need a hotfix to be able to make the registry changes: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=912587 Todd "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com&g...

Disabling the Junk Mail filter
Does anyone know if/how the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003 can be completely and permanently disabled. We run a subscribed anti-spam service at mail server level and the client filter is creating false positives all the time and causing much unrest amongst my users! I've tried setting the filter to no automatic filtering, but this doesn't seem to stop things redirecting to the junk mail (backup notifications originating from backup exec are consistently hitting the junk mail folder despite having been added to all safe sender and recipient lists). This trivial issue is drivin...

Remove old stock transactions
I have Money and Business 2002. I want to remove old, ancient stock transactions. How can I remove them in bulk instead of one - by -one (that will take years)? ...

multiple filter's...
I am building a quotation spreadsheet and i would like to know if it's possible when i use the filter function can i put the info on another page or somewhere else on the same page separate from the drop box?? the reason being i have multiple catagories of info on the same row to make it visual friendly, entering the info below the drop box i don't think could work since the different filters would vary in the amount of lines. But filtering is new to me and i'm not completely familiar with it's limitations. thanks in advance. Hi have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xladv...

XP Outlook Express
Could not save or open attachments. Have the message on top "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". The "Save attachments" was also disabled underneath the Attachment icon. I have downloaded all the window updates for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer but this problem still peristed. Because it is not a problem but a configuration setting. Tools-> Options-> option Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the ...

Sorting a-z | z-a ... removing pop-up "Sort Warning"
When I have, for examples, several columns of data, and I highlight one column and click to sort that one column, I Always get a pop-up window with the title 'Sort Warning' that asks me if I really meant to do that, or if I wanted to include the other text nearby. Is there any way to remove that pop-up? I've yet to ever use it and I'd rather not have to keep closing it if possible. Any help that you can provide would be great. Thanks. Matt I don't know of a way to remove it -- but it took years to get that warning in there. I'm surprised that it hasn't sav...

Unable to remove mail header
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item in my inbox that won't go away. When I try to delete it I am told that the item can't be deleted because it was either moved or already deleted. If I access my account using OWA I don't see this mail header. So how do I get rid of this header? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:19:51 -0500, "David DeBoer" <it@jmschaefer.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item ...

Date Filter
Hi All, I want to Filter Date from 01.10.2009 to 30.10.2009. How? Regards Rao Ratan Singh Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom > value is greater than 40086 and value is less than 40017 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Rao Ratan Singh" wrote: > Hi All, > I want to Filter Date from 01.10.2009 to 30.10.2009. How? > > Regards > > Rao Ratan Singh Correction: Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom > value is greater than 40086 and value is less than 40117 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 &qu...

Filter records not meeting criteria
Hi all, I have a table of training records, and I want to run a query to filter out a list of staff, from a staff table, which indicates those who haven't completed a particular course. TblStaff and TblTraining both have [EmployeeNumber] field relationship. TblTraining has [CourseCode], CourseDesc] fields example 363, Fire Training I want a list of staff from TblStaff who haven't completed their fire training in the last 9 months... Hope that makes sense! thanks in anticipation and cheers DubboPete Use a subquery, Pete. Example in: Subquery Basics: Identifying what is NO...

Removing macro
hi there, I am working on someone else's spreadsheet which has a new pull-down menu with the print function on it which enables printing of all worksheets simultaneously. How do I remove it? I have tried going to Tools, Macro, Macros but when I click on the macro name (print), the delete function does not light up. So how do I delete this? Please assist. You could use Alt+F11 to view the code and delete the module(s) containing it. You will also need to delete the toolbar via Tools>customize -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk ni...

Removing duplicates
Greetings from a Newbie In my workbook, Sheet1 has a table with several columns and thousands of rows. I want to delete any rows that contain a duplicate value in column D. For example, the first time 87E3Y appears in column D - that row is kept. But, any subsequent times 87E3Y appears in column D, those rows are deleted. I currently sort all data on Column D, Ascending, then remove the duplicates by hand. Because I do this every month, I'd like some code to speed this up! Thank you in advance Sophie -- Thanks Sophie One way to speed it up "manually&qu...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

Removing Command Button
Hello all, I have a code that creates a command button when the Excel file opens. The following is the code that I use: Set nBar = CommandBars("Standard") nBar.Visible = True Set nCon = nBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, Temporary:=True) With nCon .BeginGroup = True .Style = msoButtonCaption .Caption = "Macro" .OnAction = "RunMacro" End With What I would like to do is to remove the above command button "Macro" when the Excel file closes. I have tried to use the following co...

Removing automatic links
Hi all I cut columns from one work book and pasted it in another. Now when open it, a prompt states that it has automatic links and to eithe click yes or no. Is there a way of getting rid of this because I want to deleted the ol workbook or am I stuck with it? Many thanks guys Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The easiest way to find the links is to perform a search or a replace If the cells contain formulas that refer to the original workbook an need to refer to the current workbook you could try replacing th workbook name with a blank replacement. This will only wo...