Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem

User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all
looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it
cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now
when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to
the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you
run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com
FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED
(0x8004010F)
yaro
0
yaro137

Hello yaro,

Thanks for your post.

The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND. If you set the Primary SMTP address of a user to an address that you do not host such as hotmail.com your
autodiscover will not function. Therefore, other Exchange services including web-distributed OAB, OOF, and the Availability service (free/busy) will fail in Outlook 2007 clients.
OAB fail to download with 0x8004010F, free busy information shows as no information.

To resolve this error, please refer to the Autodiscover White Paper and implement the solution for either Scenario #2 (using DNS SRV record) or Scenario #4 (Autodiscover
redirect).

Details steps:
==========
To use the new DNS SRV lookup method in order to locate the Exchange 2007 Autodiscover service, follow these steps.

Note You must create the Autodiscover SRV record in the external DNS zone that matches the right side of your user's SMTP addresses. For example, if a user's primary
SMTP address is user@contoso.com, the record must be created in the contoso.com external DNS zone. If you have multiple primary SMTP address domains in your
organization, you must create an Autodiscover SRV record in each zone.
1.	In your external DNS zone, remove any HOST (A) or CNAME records for the Autodiscover service.
2.	Use the following parameters to create a new SRV record:
	Service: _autodiscover
	Protocol: _tcp
	Port Number: 443
	Host: mail.contoso.com
            Note, For more information about how to create this record, see the "About SRV records" section.

Note In this example, mail.contoso.com is a name for which your certificate is valid. Usually, this is the same DNS name that you use for Outlook Anywhere and for Outlook
Web Access.

In this example, the Autodiscover service does the following when the client tries to contact the Autodiscover service:
1.	Autodiscover posts to https://contoso.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml. This fails.
2.	Autodiscover posts to https://autodiscover.contoso.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml. This fails.
3.	Autodiscover performs the following redirect check:
GET http://autodiscover.contoso.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml
This fails.
4.	Autodiscover uses DNS SRV lookup for _autodiscover._tcp.contoso.com, and then "mail.contoso.com" is returned.
5.	Outlook asks permission from the user to continue with Autodiscover to post to https://mail.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
6.	Autodiscover's POST request is successfully posted to https://mail.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
About SRV records

If you are using Windows DNS, the steps to create an SRV Record are as follows:
1.	Open the DNS Management MMC snap-in.
2.	Expand Forward Lookup Zones.
3.	Locate and right-click the external DNS zone, and then click Other New Records.
4.	Click Service Location (SRV).
5.	Enter the parameters by using the required values.
6.	Click OK.
Note Depending on your DNS solution, you may be unable to implement SRV records. Contact your DNS hosting provider or your DNS administrator for guidance.

More information:
How to Configure Exchange Services for the Autodiscover Service

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

Problem with excluding an account from budget
I want to see my credit card payments (i.e., transfers to a credit accounts) as an expenses in Money reports. I know that I should exclude credit accounts from budget to achieve it, but it's impossible: - I'm going to Account Settings, and "Include this account in the budget planner" option is set - Trying to clear this option simply does nothing - it's still set and doesn't change. Is it possible that I've forgot something else to do before excluding an account from budget? If that's really your goal, the only sane way is to track them that way from t...

Exchange Troubleshooting assistant
Using the exchange troubleshooting assitant. I get to the step where it wants to collect performance data or use an existing .blg file. What I want it to is use an existing .etl file that I collected with exmon. Later in the process as I step through the wizard it does prompt for an existing .etl file, this is confusing. It makes you choose a .blg or create a new one but then latter asks you have a .etl file. Not sure what log file it it is using at this point. So...is there a way to convert a .etl to .blg so that I can use my exising ..etl log file, or can somebody explain why it...

Problem importing dll
Hi I have an application that used some external com dlls. So in my application code i've imported those dlls as #import "path of external.dll" and i'm using smart pointers to instantiate those coms as IExternaPtr Obj("External.Interface1"); The problem i'm facing that those external com dlls are not mine so every time they are modified by thier owner i've to recompile my code too with the latest dlls otherwise my code does not work and i get Obj = NULL in the above statement. Actually those external dlls are of a software that i've provided integratio...

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

hepl to solve my problem
Question Hi, I am new to access but i have the following to complete. Please help me out Interest rate scheme date period rate FDR 1/1/2000 1 YEARS 6 FDR 1/1/2000 2 " 8 FDR 1/1/2000 3 " 12 FDR 1/8/2000 3 13 FDR 15/1/2001 2 9 FDR 15/1/2001 3 12.5 FDR 1/12/2001 2 7 FDR 1/12/2001 3 11 RAP90 1/1/2000 90 5 RAP90 1/8/2000 90 6 RAP90 15/ 1/2001 90 6.5 RAP90 20/5/2001 90 6 RAP90 1/12/2001 90 5 RECEIPT SCHEME RECIEPT_DATE PERIOD AMOUNT FDR 1/2/2000 3 10000 RAP90 15/4/2001 90 15000 I want to computer to automatically renew the rec...

Tab Control Problem
I'm just wondering how I can add controls to tab control pages that are bound to fields from different tables. I have 3 tables (road, track and gym) with similar named fields and I want to create a tab page for each table. Unfortunately, my tab control form only allows me to view and set controls for one table. So even though I might have a control bound to a field from table 'road', the information i enter goes to the table 'track' because that is the default table for the tab control form. My manual says I should be able to send and view info from different tables using ...

Archive Problem
Dear All I work for an organisation that works in the dark ages. We use Outlook 98 (8.5.5603.0) with a basic build of NT4 (Service pack 6). When we use the archive functunality from the file menu we find that on some emails earlier than the date specified are not archived to the desired folder. I do not work for IT and cannot update service packs for outlook. Can anyone advise me what could be wrong? Was this a bug in this version. Sometimes some files would be archived and not all. What date is used? Is it the object's creation date? It makes no difference whether you have t...

extension DLL problems
I have CPropertySheet class with three CPropertyPage" classes in an extension DLL. I compile it, and run it. I get the .LIB and the .DLL files etc. in the client application I incluce the .LIB file and then I have add a button which when pressed will attempt to run the following code: CPropertySheet myWizard("Import wizard", this, 0); myWizard.DoModal(); this code produces the following error: "Debug assertion failed!" File: afxwin1.inl Line: 22 what is to be done? prg wrote: > I have CPropertySheet class with three CPropertyPage" classes in an > e...

Sounds in Office 2004
I just installed Office 2004 over Office X and I have no sounds -save etc. <br> The sounds on all other programs work fine - just Office. Any ideas? The problem was solved. Preferences. ...

Office Update doesn't recognize current Service Pack level
Hi - I went to the Microsoft Office Update site & let it scan for updates I needed (I am currently at Service Pack 3 on Office 2K), but it came back as saying I needed to install Service Pack 1. Any one have any ideas here? Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

problem with starting thread
During debugging if we go over the following line of code: m_pCalculateThread = AfxBeginThread(UpdateDocThread, this); the thread DOES NOT start, but if we go into AfxBeginThread function, the thread DOES start. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Maybe you can look in the threads window during the debug. You could set execution to a thread using that too. "Leonid Nikolayev" <lenikn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:68e06e88.0409090843.e1b6c45@posting.google.com... > During debugging if we go over the following line of code: > m_pCalculateThread = AfxBeginThread(Upd...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

Worksheet protection problem
I am using Excel 2000, wanting to protect certain cells, but allow user to filter using autofilter, etc. and how would I do this? Thanks, Jayne Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableAutoFilter = True Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the menubar choose view code paste the code Alt-Q to go back to Excel This runs every time the workbook opens. It protects the worksheet and allows users to use the AutoFilter dropdown lists. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

Simple problem...
I am new to using Excel. I want to create a column that has the days of the month (1 Nov 03 thru 30 Nov 03). I know there is a way I can put the date in the first cell and then either paste or drag down and excel will add the dates sequentially, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it...I did it once before and don't remember the sequence that I followed. Could someone please post the steps on how to do this? Thanks! Bobby Bobby, put the date in a cell, A1, and click on the black square in the lower right hand corner and drag down -- Paul B Always backup your data before ...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

Mobile Express set-up problem
After the installation, when I try to add some entities to the mobile application I get the following error: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="DraftXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\DraftXML.xml"/> <add key="PublishedXmlLocation" value="C:\CrmMobileExpress\PublishedXML.xml"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobile.CrmServiceSdk.CrmService" value="http://triton:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx"/> <add key="Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.Mobil...

Help Problems with Outlook tool bar buttons
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on problems that I'm experiencing with Outlook 2003 toolbar buttons. Toolbar buttons usually work fine when I first open Outlook, but after I use a particular button once, it no longer works. For example, I can create a task, then assign the task. the next time I create a task, the assign button no longer works. I have to re-boot outlook to get the button to work again - then it only works once, etc, etc. This is also true of many other (but not all ) Outlook buttons, like "Save and Close", "Recurrence", and others. On...

Outlook Shutdown Problem
Office XP standard on XP Pro machine, in a Workgroup with a file server. Outlook works fine, however when closing Outlook, all indications are that it has closed, but opening Task Manager reveals that Outlook.exe is still running. If you try to shut puter down, Outlook "End Program" pops up. If you try to reopen Outlook, without killing in task manager, a second Outlook.exe pops up in Task Manager, but Outlook never opens. If you continue to click on Outlook icon, you can open a seemingly infinite number of Outlook.exe's. Have run "Detect and Repair" and have ...

Problems connecting to accounts
I am having problems downloading from most of my accounts. Some work but most do not, there is nothing I can do about this, is there? ...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. ...

Excel 2002 Problem
My first message accidentally sent before I finished typing in the second problem. Second problem again: Macro buttons that I have created and placed on my Formatting toolbar do not work when I open Excel 2002 and have two or more workbooks open. The macros for each button are stored in my Personal workbook. I get a message saying "A document with the name PERSONAL.XLS is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name." However, if I go to customize toolbars, I can reassign the macro to each button and the buttons work fine. If I close Excel and open ...

Urgent case-Calendar problem after moving to Exchange 2003
Hi, We're in the middle of moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have currently 2 Exchange 5.5 sites. One of the sites has also Exchange 2003. This site's users moved to Exchange 2003. We moved only 2 users from remote site to our new Exchange 2003 server. One of the users had permission to open her manager's calendar. Now, she can't open the calendar after the move. The manager mailbox is still on 5.5 in remote site. We thought of consolidating the servers. Any suggestions? Thanks, Haim Beyhan On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:05:19 +0200, "Haim Beyhan" <...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

Problems With Menus
Hi, I have created Menus under Tools>>Setup>>System and regestered the trigger under startup script, my problem is my menu dosent shows, what may be the problem? ...