outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed

Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200,

A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_
and pdf's arriving as .pd_  which need to be renamed to work as intended.

Have googled and binged to no avail.  Forefront wasn't installed, and
 get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't
return anything that clarifies the situation.

Anyone any ideas where this is coming from?

Thanks
AC
0
AC

You sure you have no other mail filtering?  If you have no forefront..
it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS box.

AC wrote:
> Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200,
>
> A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_
> and pdf's arriving as .pd_  which need to be renamed to work as intended.
>
> Have googled and binged to no avail.  Forefront wasn't installed, and
>  get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't
> return anything that clarifies the situation.
>
> Anyone any ideas where this is coming from?
>
> Thanks
> AC

0
Susan
7/20/2010 6:23:13 AM
Thanks Susan,

There is another application that is fetches mail from catchall
addresses on a pop server that spam filters mail  sent to the old sbs
2003 machine - it hasn't done this to attachments before. Configuration
of that with 2008 may be beyond the scope of this group to consider but
I may post back for help configuring an smtp connector to receive from
another machine on the lan but there are currently authentication issues
with this.  I think 2008 is off the hook at this stage.I'm hoping its
just the way that application buffered mail that slipped through when
collection was turned off prior to migration.
AC
On 20/07/2010 07:23, Susan Bradley wrote:
> You sure you have no other mail filtering?  If you have no forefront..
> it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS box.
>
> AC wrote:
>> Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200,
>>
>> A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_
>> and pdf's arriving as .pd_  which need to be renamed to work as intended.
>>
>> Have googled and binged to no avail.  Forefront wasn't installed, and
>>  get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't
>> return anything that clarifies the situation.
>>
>> Anyone any ideas where this is coming from?
>>
>> Thanks
>> AC

0
AC

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

owa cant open ppt attachments

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered