Need Opinions on Email Access

SBS2008
Remote clients (their computers not part of the domain) using Outlook
2003/2007

Currently they are having an ISP host their email and each of their Outlook
clients uses a POP connecter to access their email.  I am transitioning the
office to have the SBS2008 server host the email and I can easily transition
each user in the office to look to the SBS2008 for email and migrate all of
their existing email to the SBS2008.  My problem is there are some remote
users who are not part of the domain that just need to get access to their
email (no other SBS2008 resources).  What are my best options to 1) have
those remote clients use their Outlook to access the SBS2008 instead of the
ISP when it is transferred over 2) let those remote clients keep all of
their existing email (I'm assuming in a .pst)?

thanks!

-Richard K

0
Richard

I think using Outlook Anywhere is the best method. Of course the users will
need a CAL even if not accessing any other domain resources.

"Richard K" <rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com> wrote in message
> SBS2008
> Remote clients (their computers not part of the domain) using Outlook
> 2003/2007
>

> Currently they are having an ISP host their email and each of their
> Outlook clients uses a POP connecter to access their email.  I am
> transitioning the office to have the SBS2008 server host the email and I
> can easily transition each user in the office to look to the SBS2008 for
> email and migrate all of their existing email to the SBS2008.  My problem
> is there are some remote users who are not part of the domain that just
> need to get access to their email (no other SBS2008 resources).  What are
> my best options to 1) have those remote clients use their Outlook to
> access the SBS2008 instead of the ISP when it is transferred over 2) let
> those remote clients keep all of their existing email (I'm assuming in a
> .pst)?
>
> thanks!
>
> -Richard K

0
SteveB
7/27/2010 3:15:54 PM
In article <eOPHsaYLLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com says...

> SBS2008
> Remote clients (their computers not part of the domain) using Outlook
> 2003/2007
>

> Currently they are having an ISP host their email and each of their Outlook
> clients uses a POP connecter to access their email.  I am transitioning the
> office to have the SBS2008 server host the email and I can easily transition
> each user in the office to look to the SBS2008 for email and migrate all of
> their existing email to the SBS2008.  My problem is there are some remote
> users who are not part of the domain that just need to get access to their
> email (no other SBS2008 resources).  What are my best options to 1) have
> those remote clients use their Outlook to access the SBS2008 instead of the
> ISP when it is transferred over 2) let those remote clients keep all of
> their existing email (I'm assuming in a .pst)?

Buy them a SBS license and move their email to Exchange on SBS, you
don't have control or security for email if you allow them to use POP
accounts outside your organization.

Trust yourself.
Leythos

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Cannot access by OWA
Hi there, we�ve two ex2k servers. First in domain 1 with internet connection. Second in subdomain, connected by a dedicated line. Both servers are in same org and site. When I try to access the second server by owa I can�t access the mailboxes there. That�s only possible on the first server (SSL security is enabled). Do I�ve missed to configure something? Thanks for any advice. JK Sorry, found it myself. Just have to configure the server as a frontendserver! "J. Kuenzel" <kuenzelj@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OT3swrqLEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi the...

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

KB930879 needs clarification
Hi all, I just check the MS KB930879 reviewed on 2/22/2007. I am so confused now. Please look at the section what to do after you run exchange tool ******************************** What to do after you run the Exchange tool Install updates After you finish updating all Exchange servers in your environment, install the following updates on the Exchange servers: 931836 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/) February 2007 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems 926666 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926666/) Update for daylight saving time changes in 200...

frustrations with Access 2006
is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a project..., Access 2006 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-repairable file (or somtimes just a corrupt form, never-the-less: frustrating)? short of going back to an earlier version of the program, does any one have ANY suggestions? thanks in advance... mark "Mark Kubicki" <mark.kubicki@verizon.net> wrote in message news:u7Pv4lHDIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a > project..., Access 2007 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-re...

Access, average several fields in one row
I have several rows of data in a field, I need to average all the entries in one row I have 12 fields for 12 months of data, I need the average of the sum of all non blank entries. For example 3 months completed, the solution in Excel is (field1+field2+field3)/3 I am looking for method to average the sum in Access One way if you can't change your data is to use a VBA function. I've posted one below. You would call it in a calculated field in a query. Assuming your field names are the abbreviated month names the expression might look like the following. Field: fRow...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

need to make a formula that would add a field value to current dat
I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is (How Many Days). Now I need to a assign a default value, or expression (not sure which way to go about this) that will take the date value for (Date) and add the value (How Many Days) I figured that the formula should read =sum([Date]+[How Many Days]) But that is not giving me any results, thanx for your help in advance =DateDiff("d", Date(), [How Many Days]) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "J Man" wrote: > I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is ...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...