Missing distribution list from Server Management

Hi folks,

I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me).  I have a few
distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 machine under
Server Management.  One of my lists is missing on Server Management, but it's
there when I go into Outlook, click on a new message, and "To:" and browse
the global address book.  I can edit it from there, but I don't know why it
isn't listed with the others under server management.  That is where I
created it.
Any idea how I can make it show up there again?

Mike

------=_NextPart_000_01F7_01CA6863.BCAC2610

Any chance that the distribution lists were created directly in Active =
Directory and not using the Wizards?

--=20
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295=
73/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1217269967&sr=3D8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

  "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hi folks,

  I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me).  I have a few=20
  distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 machine =
under=20
  Server Management.  One of my lists is missing on Server Management, =
but it's=20
  there when I go into Outlook, click on a new message, and "To:" and =
browse=20
  the global address book.  I can edit it from there, but I don't know =
why it=20
  isn't listed with the others under server management.  That is where I =

  created it. =20
  Any idea how I can make it show up there again?

  Mike

------=_NextPart_000_01F7_01CA6863.BCAC2610

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any chance that the distribution lists =
were created=20
directly in Active Directory and not using the Wizards?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/=
0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D1217269967=
&amp;sr=3D8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleas=
hed/dp/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121=
7269967&amp;sr=3D8-1</A><BR>Owner,=20
CPU Services, Belleville, IL<BR>A Microsoft Registered=20
Partner<BR>------------------------------------<BR>MVPs do not work for=20
Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to me.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Mike" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Mike@discussions.microsoft.com">Mike@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B48C7623-6656-44EC-829D-D7B0D78B56F1@microsoft.com">news:B48=
C7623-6656-44EC-829D-D7B0D78B56F1@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  folks,<BR><BR>I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to =
me).&nbsp; I have=20
  a few <BR>distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 =
machine=20
  under <BR>Server Management.&nbsp; One of my lists is missing on =
Server=20
  Management, but it's <BR>there when I go into Outlook, click on a new =
message,=20
  and "To:" and browse <BR>the global address book.&nbsp; I can edit it =
from=20
  there, but I don't know why it <BR>isn't listed with the others under =
server=20
  management.&nbsp; That is where I <BR>created it.&nbsp; <BR>Any idea =
how I can=20
  make it show up there =
again?<BR><BR>Mike<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01F7_01CA6863.BCAC2610--

0
Cris
11/18/2009 9:28:10 PM
Cris,

thanks for the reply. I'm almost sure I created them via Server Management.
All but one shows up there, and I'm positive it used to as well.

Mike

"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" wrote:

> Any chance that the distribution lists were created directly in Active Directory and not using the Wizards?
>
> --
> Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
> Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
> http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
> Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
> A Microsoft Registered Partner
> ------------------------------------
> MVPs do not work for Microsoft
> Please do not submit questions directly to me.
>
>   "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B48C7623-6656-44EC-829D-D7B0D78B56F1@microsoft.com...
>   Hi folks,
>
>   I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me).  I have a few
>   distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 machine under
>   Server Management.  One of my lists is missing on Server Management, but it's
>   there when I go into Outlook, click on a new message, and "To:" and browse
>   the global address book.  I can edit it from there, but I don't know why it
>   isn't listed with the others under server management.  That is where I
>   created it.
>   Any idea how I can make it show up there again?
>
>   Mike

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

produce list automatically from choice of drop down list
I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100 From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected. Column A Column B Column C Choice (drop down box) Automatically adds look up selections from column A formula using column B 1 to 100 ...

Excel macro list
In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? Is there still a way of accessing macros via Alt+F8? Any suggestions appreciated. Hi, ALT+F8 works for me in E2007. What do you mean by 'I get is a series of ribbon help letters' Mike "pbaker6" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing > Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? > Is there still a way of...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

Missing rtl70bpl file
After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home edition I now get (after every restart), the following... "This application has failed to start because rtl70bpl was now found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". Appreciate any advice on how to reinstall same. Have Googled for help but have not found the correct site. TIA. franktee Winxp Pro SP3 On Dec 3, 11:42=A0am, franktee <frank...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home > edition I now get (afte...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Smartlist MDA lookup is missing the GL Posting Date.
There is two different dates in the MDA tables, one is for Posting Date and the other is the Transaction date. The DTA10100 table has a TRXDATE field, which is actually the GL Posting Date, and the DTA10200 table contains the same field name, TRXDATE, which is the Transaction Date from the sub-module. In Smart List, it only allows us to look at the Transaction Date from the DTA10200 and the customers want to look up the MDA records by the GL Posting Date, which Smart List doesn't allow. We need to add the Date from the DTA10100 table as the GL Posting Date. ---------------- This p...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart
I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A instead? ...