Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010

Hi,
I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for
Exchange 2010.
Sbs server will be dismiss.

Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)

Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo:

By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies
listed in the various groups and elsewhere on the internet.  Microsoft has
made many documents available on the process.

The best pointer I can give you is to inquire of www.sbsmigration.com, where
they have worked out an organized and supported migration plan for all types
of migrations.

-
Larry
Please post the resolution to your
issue so others may benefit
-
Get Your SBS Health Check at
www.sbsbpa.com

> Hi,
> I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
> I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
> i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD,
> other for
> Exchange 2010.
> Sbs server will be dismiss.
> Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
> Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)
> Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Lorenzo

0
Larry
5/21/2010 11:41:00 AM
I've done a similar migration. I second that you look at sbsmigration.com.
The migration itself is not that difficult. The hard part is removing the
SBS server then cleaning up Exchange and AD after the migration. There isn't
a lot of information available on that phase of the migration. Here's some
links that will help:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=88b304e7-9912-4cb0-8ead-7479dab1abf2&displaylang=en>

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exdeploy2010/default.aspx#Home>

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124558.aspx>

<http://www.netometer.com/downloads/E2010-Prereq-clean.txt>

<http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000234.htm>

There is a lot of conflicting information, particularly regarding
certificates. Spend a lot of time reading and planning before you start.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"Lorenzo" <Lorenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
> I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
> i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other
> for
> Exchange 2010.
> Sbs server will be dismiss.
>
> Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
> Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)
>
> Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Lorenzo

0
Kerry

Toggle between workbooks 2003
I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. Maybe right click on the 'Start' button > Properties > 'Task Bar' tab > un-check 'Group similar buttons...' > OK Micky "Cindy" wrote: > I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the > Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in > task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. ...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Folder Creation slow in Exchange 2003
Hi, I just got through an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration, and am working out the kinks. One thing I noticed, when I create a folder in Outlook (i.e. task list, contacts, calendar, etc.) it takes like 4 minutes to add it. Using Exchange 5.5, it was pretty much immediate. Any ideas? I do still have the 5.5 server in the organization, but it's shutdown. Could this have an impact? Thanks, Troy ...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

Cannot Install Exchange 2003
Ok, I'm, stuck. I have completed all prerequisites for Exchange 2003 install and still receive this error when Site Replication Service is being installed: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Services with error code 0xC1030B11 (please consult the Installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.. I have done everything in MS KB 83395 on this and still it continues to fail. the one problem I have with the KB article is that it tells you to change the passwords for this service to be the same on the...

Losing Mailbox Folder Permissions during migration
Hello. We are in the process of migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and we are seeing a problem with permissions on individual folders getting migrated properly. The problem is as follows. After a mailbox has been moved to E2K3 (using Move Mailbox Wizard) anyone that use to be able to view one or more folders in that mailbox is no longer able to. This applies to both users still hosted on the old Exch 5.5 boxes as well as the users now hosted on Exch 2003 boxes. The error that the users are getting when they try to view a shared folder in a mailbox that has been mig...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise / Public Folder Store
Hello, I have the following configuration: - Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 - 2 OU with users - each OU has it's own GAL, AL and OAB I created two public folder stores for each OU and to give each OU access to a public folder store. But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. Additionaly I try to replicate one OAB to the additional Public Folder Store. Thanks in advance. Cheers Fabian "But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. " You want to clarify that? "Fabian K´┐Żlling" <FabianKlling@dis...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send Mail via POP/SMTP
I have a number of remote users who POP's mail into and out of our Exchange 2000 box. One is unable to send mail to anyone (either within the organisation or to external addresses), so I have temporarily discounted relaying as an issue, although I have checked the settings on the virtual server and they are all correct (allowing authenticated users to relay mail etc.) Receiving seems OK. The user has Outlook 2003 (fresh install) on Windows XP (fresh install). Log file: 2004.07.29 15:29:39 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2004.07.29 15:29:39 server.d...

Word 2007
I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking advantage of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer open the 07 documents in 03. Please advise what I should look for as a potential problem? Kelli "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329F6A40-4349-40A3-B495-48850535EE66@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking >advantage > of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer > open > the 07 documents in 03. &g...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

cannot see inserted pictures in publisher 2003
cannot see pictures in 2003, although frame adjusting dots appear. I open new page, select insert picture (doesn't matter where from, still no different). Help please. Program worked on original pc which originally had an earlier version of publisher installed. The program is not an update, but full version. PC P4 running XP home and office XP View, pictures, detailed display.. If this is not the solution, you may need an upgraded video driver. Do this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If thi...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...

Problem with reading Reminders in Outlook 2003
Every time I start Outlook 2003 a pop-up message appears: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." How do I get rid of this annoying pop- up message? I have tried to take all my reminders that I could find out of my calendar, the message still appears. What do I need to do? Has anyone experience similar problem. How do I get rid off this pop-up message. Many thanks for your help. Martin. Martin <martin@kellyville.org.au> wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003 a...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and IMF
Here is something tricky. I have windows 2003 SP1 and exchange 2003 SP1 cluster machine. I never installed IMF. Ever since I have the cluster working, I keep get 9661 information. LIke this Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9661 Date: 2/3/2006 Time: 4:17:46 PM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Description: The Unsolicited Commercial Email default filter level has been updated. The new value is 5. I was told that IMF will not work on cluster. I checked in m$ website that this information means IMF is working. I do not want this function a...

Outlook 2003 does not show Appointment Availability for users for
When adding an appointment next year for private or public calendar using outllok 2003 on exchnage 2003, and inviting othe ruser from gal it shows shows there status in the schdele as no information. If shcedule appointment this year shows the status of the users schedule as is planned in their calendar. please help ...

Exchange 2003 #25
Hi, I install Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 server, I try to configure MAILBOXE in one workstation with win2000 PRO, with OUTLOOK 2000 , and get the Error " OPERATION FAILD" whene I press the check name. localy on the server I can use the outlook, In the workstation I see the server by \\server . and By ping server . What Can I do? ...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

Exchange 2003 : Log for an email process...
Hi, How do I check the log for an email. For example, user A mailbox, what is the incoming and outgoing emails for that mailbox for the past few days ? Thank you. Regards, Zul Use the Message Tracking feature in Exchange System Manager. This uses the tracking logs held in the servername.log share under your \exchsrvr folder. There are 3rd party tools that can elaborate on these logs, two of which I detail here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_messag.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com &quo...

SBS 2003 Exchange conundrum (external user)
Our exchange system is set up using the pop3 connector to pop accounts hosted by NS who hosts our domain name. Works well. I have a user off-site that I'd like to give a user@ourdomain.com to so it sounded easy enough, went into Network Solutions account manager and created an account for him. Great, Now he can sit off-site and use webmail to send and receive to his client and look like he's part of my domain. Just what I wanted. Didn't want go get into giving him exchange/outlook account as we are not exposed to internet and I'm not going through the RPC over ht...

Outlook 2003, I need a few clarifications
I recently installed outlook 2003. Then I had to reinstall windows shortly after, but luckily I had made a backup of all my .pst files. But now im suddenly all confused over what those different .pst files are. outlook.pst seems to be my main-one with "private/personal folders" (it also contains my calendar notes). But then i also have a archive.pst (thats twice as big in size as the outlook.pst). Anyone know what that is? Do i even need it? Lastly i have some hotmail .pst files, and they don't seem to be recognized (when i put them in that dir where outlook looks for ....

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

Exchange error code 0x8004010f
i had installed exchange server 2003 ,and its qorking quite normally but as i send and receive my emails on client end i receive an error code thats says "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found." This is an error related to Problem downloading offline address book.what version of Outlook is being used .is it Outlook 2003 and used in cached mode? If yes , then removed the cached mode option from Outlook 2003 and try again doing send /receive . Check out this kb article : http://support.mi...

Exclusion dictionary for excel 2003
Hi all, is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? Thanks, Try this http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ExcludeWordFromDic.htm Raul Queiroga wrote: > Hi all, > is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? > > Thanks, ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...