Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010

Hi,
I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for
Exchange 2010.
Sbs server will be dismiss.

Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)

Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo:

By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies
listed in the various groups and elsewhere on the internet.  Microsoft has
made many documents available on the process.

The best pointer I can give you is to inquire of www.sbsmigration.com, where
they have worked out an organized and supported migration plan for all types
of migrations.

-
Larry
Please post the resolution to your
issue so others may benefit
-
Get Your SBS Health Check at
www.sbsbpa.com

> Hi,
> I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
> I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
> i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD,
> other for
> Exchange 2010.
> Sbs server will be dismiss.
> Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
> Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)
> Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Lorenzo

0
Larry
5/21/2010 11:41:00 AM
I've done a similar migration. I second that you look at sbsmigration.com.
The migration itself is not that difficult. The hard part is removing the
SBS server then cleaning up Exchange and AD after the migration. There isn't
a lot of information available on that phase of the migration. Here's some
links that will help:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=88b304e7-9912-4cb0-8ead-7479dab1abf2&displaylang=en>

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exdeploy2010/default.aspx#Home>

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124558.aspx>

<http://www.netometer.com/downloads/E2010-Prereq-clean.txt>

<http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000234.htm>

There is a lot of conflicting information, particularly regarding
certificates. Spend a lot of time reading and planning before you start.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"Lorenzo" <Lorenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std.
> I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes.
> i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other
> for
> Exchange 2010.
> Sbs server will be dismiss.
>
> Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ?
> Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem)
>
> Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Lorenzo

0
Kerry