how to deliver pop3 emails to public folder using pop3 connector

Can someone provide me with a link on how to get pop3 connectors to
deliver to a public folder using SBS2003 (not R2)?  Currently the pop3
connector is delivering to a users mailbox but I want it to deliver to
an exchange public folder.

The pop3 connector is getting mail from me@here.com from our ISP.  I
have setup a public folder in system manager with an exchange address
of me@here.com.  My default recipient policy has an SMTP entry of
"@here.com".

I know there has got to be an easy to follow document out there
somewhere but I cant seem to run across it in my searching.
0
Mark

I'm not sure you can get the POP3 connector to do that. But there is
possibly another way that doesn't involve the POP3 connector.

Set up a mail-enabled public folder, and use your ISPs "forward" feature to
forward the email to the address of the public folder.

Les Connor [SBS MVP]

"Mark" <crnook@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone provide me with a link on how to get pop3 connectors to
> deliver to a public folder using SBS2003 (not R2)?  Currently the pop3
> connector is delivering to a users mailbox but I want it to deliver to
> an exchange public folder.
>
> The pop3 connector is getting mail from me@here.com from our ISP.  I
> have setup a public folder in system manager with an exchange address
> of me@here.com.  My default recipient policy has an SMTP entry of
> "@here.com".
>
> I know there has got to be an easy to follow document out there
> somewhere but I cant seem to run across it in my searching.

0
Les
3/1/2010 8:12:38 PM
I think Les has the best approach:

How to configure a mailbox to forward mail to a mail-enabled contact
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281926

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Les Connor [SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca> wrote in message
> I'm not sure you can get the POP3 connector to do that. But there is
> possibly another way that doesn't involve the POP3 connector.
>
> Set up a mail-enabled public folder, and use your ISPs "forward" feature
> to forward the email to the address of the public folder.

> Les Connor [SBS MVP]
>
> "Mark" <crnook@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone provide me with a link on how to get pop3 connectors to
>> deliver to a public folder using SBS2003 (not R2)?  Currently the pop3
>> connector is delivering to a users mailbox but I want it to deliver to
>> an exchange public folder.
>>
>> The pop3 connector is getting mail from me@here.com from our ISP.  I
>> have setup a public folder in system manager with an exchange address
>> of me@here.com.  My default recipient policy has an SMTP entry of
>> "@here.com".
>>
>> I know there has got to be an easy to follow document out there
>> somewhere but I cant seem to run across it in my searching.

0
Merv

POP3 Internet Mail Question
I am running 1 windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it. This server hosts our internal & external email for our domain name xxx.com However we have another domain name (xxy.com) that we use for internet mail that is hosted by another provider. We would like to bring this in-house and host it on our exchange server. Is there a way to configure the exchange server to host internet mail (Pop3 accounts) with a different domain name? What is the best way to set this up? thanks =?Utf-8?B?Z2tyYXNub2Zm?= <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in news:7C1FB197-B7A9-4A9E-A2D1-933577EFF0B0@micr...

Is it possible to use a formula in the middle of a sentence in exc
If so, how? Your question would be clearer if you wrote it in the body of the message, added more detail explaining what you were looking to accomplish and provided an example or two that showed what you were trying to do. I'll take a guess that this might be what you are looking for... ="Some text"&<YourFormula>&"and some more text" For example, something like this example maybe (where I'm assuming Column A contains a list of names)... ="There are "&COUNTA(A1:A100)&" people on the list" -- Rick (MVP ...

How do you copy contacts into an email?
Hello all. Outlook 2000 with all necessary service packs and updates. I want to be able to copy a list of 30 contacts into the body of an email. I have to send emails every now and then with the names of these individuals listed in the body of the email. I already know how to export contacts into an excel spreadsheet. However, Outlook 2k does not give you the choice to export into Word. When I export into excel and I copy more than one name at a time they show up in the email with the gridlines wrapped around the names from the excel spreadsheet. I have removed the gridlines from the...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

shared email, can't privatize appointments
I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't keep any appt "private" from the other person--that "private" doesn't work. Is this true, and is there a way around it? -- kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667C78F-D0FD-4E82-A4FF-2EA717E4B66E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar > for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't ...

Prompting for Username and Password
Hi, I am currently investigating a move from GroupWise to Outook 2003 & Exchange. I have noticed a major security issue that I hope can be sorted. I am rolling out a Single Profile .PRF to all users, Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. I have noticed that when you load Outlook with the option "Always Prompt for a user name and password" that cached mail loads up in the background regardless of wether you have authenticated to the exchange server or not. This is a pretty major security risk ! With GroupWise, you can also run in Cach...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Send Email With Cell Conent as Part of the Subject
Hyperlink is able to send email with cell content in the Subject line. My Case =HYPERLINK("mailto:Collections_Admin?subject=Overdue Balance " & "_"& 'Sheet1'!G15,"Email To Collection Agency") Sheet1G15 has the data I want to show in the subject line. Is it possible to do this with Macros? I am using Lotus Notes for email. Thanks Igbert For lotus code see Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis) http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "igbe...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Exchange2000 POP3 virtual server could not start
I have a mail server using Win2k SBS and ExchangerServer2000, the status of Microsoft POP service was started, but the POP3 virtual server in Exchange System Manager could not start, and it hang for a long time when I try to start . then I have to restart my computer...pls help me , thanks a lot!! Do you see anything in the application event log? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA045A2-40C2-4709-82A1-5F59C214B18E@microsoft....

Translation of an inbound email address
I have been ask if it is possible to filter an inbound SMTP email address to have a different display name. For example they want joe@yahoo.com that has a display name of Joe Frank to have the display name of Joe Jones when it appears in the end user email box. I can’t find any documentation stating this can be done so if any one can confirm either way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:51:13 -0800, BFT <BFT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been ask if it is possible to filter an inbound SMTP email address to >have a different display ...

use USB security token in outlook
how can use security token in outlook. i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my security token. my token support pkcs#11 Dear YOu will need the certificates for same. You can find the free certificates of TAWTE for testing then you can send the encrypted messages. I hope this will help you. The best dual security is Alddin. It works fine. Best regards Sharad "Fanian" wrote: > how can use security token in outlook. > i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my > security token. > my token support pkcs#11 > ...

Figuring out how to use a custom membership provider.
My web application handles membership in different organizations. Based on the means by which a user has reached the login screen, the application has already determined which organization membership should be checked against: Session["organizationId"] = 4; //for example Data on members is stored in a table called Participant CREATE TABLE Participant ( ... organizationId int NOT NULL ... ) I've created a custom membership provider: public class PublicMembershipProvider : SqlMembershipProvider { ... public int Organizat...

Public Recognition
Did you know that Glenn Adams from TiberCreek has posted over 1400 responses in this newsgroup? Jeff Hobbs from Check Point Software 1100 times. Jason Hunt from Advanced Computer Systems 250 times. Rick from Allied POS 216 times. How about some thanks to these guys for there great contributions? Rob from 2020 ITS Oh ya, I've posted aboot(in a thick Canadian accent) 635 times. * Statistics from Google Groups To add to my thoughts. Glenn and Jeff you guys need to get a life, don't you have anything better to do? ;-p hehe Rob "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> w...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Transfer Email address?
I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as user1@domain.com I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com email) How do I go about doing this?? Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address. Make it default. Delete user1 account when ready.... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uhtkSuMBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a user, say user1, with...