Enable software to work in Domain user account.

Hi to all

Enable software to work in Domain user account.

Software which i have installed in Win xp is

i install software from domain administrator.
1. Office 2003 it's working
2. adobe PDF it's working

Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
account only,
No problem in administrator account (local and domain)

if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
the system.

Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
         Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Regards,

Vin Win
0
Vinod

On 03/07/10 03:37, Vinod wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
>           Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Not unusual. The first thing to do is to complain to the software
producers. Ask them what permissions changes need to be made to fix
this. If they won't help, then there are utilities you can use to track
down where the wretched things are trying to write to, but it's not
really your job, it's theirs.

This is incompetence, pure and simple. I've seen software store data in
subdirectories of Program Files, which is insane. Anything which needs
to be written on behalf of a user needs to be written somewhere that
particular *unprivileged* user has write permissions. If users are
allowed to make global configuration changes, a globally writable
location must be used for storage.

It's not rocket science, as the saying goes. The *nix operating systems
have by default a forty-year-old privilege system which is much more
primitive than that of Windows, but any *nix application needing
administrator privileges to run would be laughed out of the market.

I'm not sure how you got Office 2003 in there as working, because that
needs admin privileges on the first run of each program. Not as bad as
needing them all the time, but unforgivable from a company that
supposedly knows something about software. And Adobe Reader needs admin
privileges to update itself, something it seems to need to do every
other week.

--
Joe
0

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part I
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/02/16/533077.aspx

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part II
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/03/27/562091.aspx

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Vinod" <vkscnr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
>         Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business
>
> Regards,
>
> Vin Win

0
Merv

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

POS SOFTWARE
IF ANYONE FINDS A BETTER POS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i have spent way too much money on hardware, touchscreen, netdisplay adds, handhelds, importing software, mobile pos, web, gift cards to give up pos and start cash registers. if someone finds a good pos for me i will sell them my RMS for $1.OO and price includes maintanence plan. j/k jay ps i think he will do something now !!!!!G Kese ho manoj ji, Hum ko phone karo ap problem solve kar de; do zero nao sat teen shee ek shee sat sat "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FECA9...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

single user mode
Hi, I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database and do a restore to it. Nobody, can be connected to that database prior to the restore. Also, I need to be able to schedule it to run on a daily basis. I tried putting that db in a single user mode and then do the restored in a transaction but I got the error that the restore command is not allowed in the begin tran commit tran. How can I accomplish that? tolcis (nytollydba@gmail.com) writes: > I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database > and do a restore to it. Nobody, c...

vba code to enable macros
Hi, Can we write a vba code to enable macros. In most of the sites it says we cant do that . The only thing we can do is change the macro setting or work around is hide the sheet which has macros. But none of them will work in my case. Can we change an excel security setting to from macro on open so that macros are enabled. No. If we can do that with code, then so could a hacker with bad intentions. Mike F "varsha12" <varsha12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEB1614-C956-491B-B351-02DD9F711891@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can we w...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...

VBA code (rules) won't work after reboot
First off I am not very knowlegeable about Outook or VBA coding so I apologize in advance for missing the obvious. I have created some rules in outlook (actually exported/imported from a functioning account). The rules basically: -look for an email with an attachment and with a specific word in the subject line -move the email to a different folder -copy the attachment and place it in a shared system folder (done with VBA code) The problem I have is the rules will only work until Outlook is closed down or the server is rebooted. After that the rules partially work (the VBA...

Mail to No. of users
Hi I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution groups)he recives following error message from administrator. The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this limit... Please help Cheers Taj go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and proper...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...