DHCP Limited Connectivity error

Hi

At one of my clients I have connected 2 new PC's to a SBS 2003 R2 network
using the ConnectComputer wizard. For several days they have worked
perfectly. Now, within an hour or so of each other, they have both lost their
DHCP assigned IP addresses and will not reconnect to the network.

I have checked the server and these machines are correctly registered with
DHCP, WINS and DNS. There are no events relating to these problems in the
Event Logs.

When I reconnect the old machines using the same cabling, they receive DHCP
assigned IP addresses and connect immediately.

What else should I try?

Tony Harvey MBCS

ISA 20004 installed?

Client Computers Cannot Get DHCP Addresses From SBS 2003 With ISA 2004
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/12/12/client-computers-cannot-get-dhcp-addresses-from-sbs-2003-with-isa-2004.aspx

Is DHCP service running on the SBS server?

Have you tried re-running CEICW?

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"harvs" <harvs@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> At one of my clients I have connected 2 new PC's to a SBS 2003 R2 network
> using the ConnectComputer wizard. For several days they have worked
> perfectly. Now, within an hour or so of each other, they have both lost
> their
> DHCP assigned IP addresses and will not reconnect to the network.
>
> I have checked the server and these machines are correctly registered with
> DHCP, WINS and DNS. There are no events relating to these problems in the
> Event Logs.
>
> When I reconnect the old machines using the same cabling, they receive
> DHCP
> assigned IP addresses and connect immediately.
>
> What else should I try?
>
> Tony Harvey MBCS

0
Merv
11/15/2009 5:59:16 PM
Hi Merv

Thanks for your reply.

No, ISA 2004 is not installed.

Yes, the DHCP service is running and servicing the rest of the network
perfectly.

No, I haven't rerun CEICW, but how could this be selective as to which
clints can get DHCP information?

Tony
--
Tony Harvey MBCS

"Merv Porter" wrote:

> ISA 20004 installed?
>
> Client Computers Cannot Get DHCP Addresses From SBS 2003 With ISA 2004
> http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/12/12/client-computers-cannot-get-dhcp-addresses-from-sbs-2003-with-isa-2004.aspx
>
> Is DHCP service running on the SBS server?
>
> Have you tried re-running CEICW?
>
> --
> Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
> ============================
>
> "harvs" <harvs@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > At one of my clients I have connected 2 new PC's to a SBS 2003 R2 network
> > using the ConnectComputer wizard. For several days they have worked
> > perfectly. Now, within an hour or so of each other, they have both lost
> > their
> > DHCP assigned IP addresses and will not reconnect to the network.
> >
> > I have checked the server and these machines are correctly registered with
> > DHCP, WINS and DNS. There are no events relating to these problems in the
> > Event Logs.
> >
> > When I reconnect the old machines using the same cabling, they receive
> > DHCP
> > assigned IP addresses and connect immediately.
> >
> > What else should I try?
> >
> > Tony Harvey MBCS
>
> .

C# programs startup with an error dialog box
Hello, I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the OK button the application exits. I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC, it crashes with the same error. I tried to reload the dot Net 2....

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

How do I limit clients email attachment size
Hi All, We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within outlook? -- Rgds, Simon UK "spbembr" <spbembridge@simtonesolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqcQv2yMGHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth > available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within > outlook? Seems that would be a quota setting that you would configure in the mail server. -- _____________...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

connecting to the RMS database
Hello all! I have a noobie question. We are quoting a job for a company that currenlty has two stores, each with its own RMS. They want us to create a couple of things. Number one: A single tool that will submit information to both a RMS database and an access database. I was thinking I would write a standalone app to connect the two, that way removing any possible race conditions (duplicate info). Is the RMS database ODBC compliant? I think I have seen that it is, how easy is this to do? Number two: They have a web site that they want to have e-commerce functionality. That means tha...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

Using a listbox selection to limit records in a form and report
I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the results of a form to just those names. On a similar track, I want to use the selected names to limit a report. I have the listbox created and have added a button next to it to initiate the next step, but cannot figure out how to do it. Also, would like to (if possible) use multiple listboxs in the same way (ie, name and/or department). "dascooper" <dascooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1227B7CC-3345-4FDC-8EB0-94BEF46660FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the resu...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...

Slow Outlook connectivity using a VLAN
Hi, we are using a HP switch configure with 2 vlans. 192.168.254.x and 10.10.10.x Our exchange server is on the 10.10.10.x subnet and we are using exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. The outlook client can connect with no problem while on the 10.10.10.x subnet but it will timeout while on the 192.168.254.x subnet. It will say that it cannot connect to the exchange server and you have to hit retry about 3 or 4 times and it will finally connect. Once connect everything runs fine. All other network programs work find except for outlook. Any suggestions? .. Change rpc binding order, ...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Error using MOP/POP link
GP v8.0 When attempting to create a purchase order using the MOP/POP link feature, users are occasionally getting a message saying "This transaction is being edited by another user". 1. The user hits "Create PO" from the MOP/POP link screen. 2. The PO Entry screen comes up with a new PO#. 3. User gets message saying "transaction is being edited by another user" You then cannot do anything with the PO, and if you repeat the result is the same. Any ideas? ...

outlook connects very slowly
Hi, OL 2K3 SP2 running against Exchange 2K3 SP2. When user launches OL it says "trying to connect" for several minutes before it actually connects. Interestingly the same user has no problem connecting to the server from home (using RPC o/ HTTP) or from a different machine in the office. Also when other users log in, they don't experience this connection difficulty on the problem machine. I have done the following: - Re-installed OL and SP2 - Re-created user's Outlook profile - Re-created user's Windows profile. - Ran detect and repair in OL. Any help would be...

error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near ","
I get the following error when i try to inherit a interface in a IDL file, error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near "," inside the IDL file i am trying to use a interface like this, interface IVehicle : ICar, IUnknown { }; Any idea why this error is coming? Thanks ...