Creating word documents in SharePoint

Not sure if this is an SBS question or SharePoint so I posted in both NG's.
I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be
able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading
them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in any of the
Documents Libraries and
select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks.

0
AllenM

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

word to excel #4
The problem with using excel is that most of the staff don�t have it an the one that do panic :confused: , they are not a very IT focused grou (understatement of the year) -- over_worked_Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- over_worked_Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27149 ...

Cannot create new PO
We cannot create new PO in the system. We are getting an error "Item Engineering for this Item must be configured" when we try to create a new PO and select a line item Any ideas? I cannot think of anything significant, but this started after we configured Item Resource Planning for Items for use with PO Generator application. Hi Aman, I had the same issue when MFG was installed. It appears that the Item Engineering Data must exist for all items you want to use. Instead of entering Item Engineering Data for all items, I ran an SQL query to populate the Item Engineering Data t...

Multiple reports in same Document
I am looking for a way to show on the same document, two different type of data as follows: I have a data table with any number of columns that are set in width. I am wanting to insert a pivot table report imediately below the dat table. The pivot table picks up the column width from the data tabl already in the sheet. This causes the pivot table fields to be eithe too large or too small. If I correct the pivot table, then the dat table attributes are changed. Thanks -- JGallik0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JGallik01's Profile: http://www...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

when is the time right to create a sub to do something?
hello i have a project where i have lots of fields that filter things on the forms. i have the typical apply filter button, but i have also been using a key catch for the enter key. when a user updates the filtering field and hits enter i cause it to requery the sub query that the filtering field creates a filter for. on some forms the amount of times i put in the code: If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then Me.mySubform.Requery End If is ridiculous. so the question is should i make a routine for the form(s) that calls the little bit of code? it seems so repeatative to put th...

Document Imaging
I just received a e-mail on Office 2003. In there they had a article on Publisher and Document Imaging print driver. I like it but how do you save multiple images in tiff format in one file? Would you not have thought it smart to go to the Office newsgroup! It pops up a dialogue box if you want more pages. You can import pages into an existing file. It is a great little app, just wish MS would fix the bugs. It really is a great pity MS is such a lousy disgusting company when it comes to quality control. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!&qu...

Common word in line
I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and I want to know which lines contains the word "Rent" or "Rental". Any help would be very much appreciated. Fernando Gomez Assuming your transactions are in col. A, put this in col. B and fill down: =IF(SUM(COUNTIF(A1,{"*rent*","*rental*"}))>0,1,"") Any row with a 1 next to it is means "rent" or "rental" appears. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and ...

In a word doucument that is a copy of a newspaper article where do you put the copyright symbol
This is some what related to the previous question about a font. (I've since found out its a custom built version). I have a Copy (with permission of the newspaper) of an Article, about a cousin of mine that was in WWII. I've been given permission to post it on my website from the Paper. They've even given me a Banner to use in jpeg format. I have saved it in PNG. since it a copyrighted article (I assume since I had to get permission), where do you put the copyright symbol? at: top left, top right, bottom right or left. And I supposed I will have to give notice of...

Creating Bubble Charts
How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)? For example, how would you create the following bubble chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C, bubble size is column D and legend is column A? A1: B1:Gross Rev C1:Net Income D1:# of Plants A2:East B2:830,000 C2:35,000 D2:26 A3:West B3:620,000 C3:54,000 D3:13 A4:North B4:150,000 C4:80,000 D4:40 A5:South B5:41,000 C5:15,000 D5:35 Any insight will be helpful! Hi Tina I would create a bubble chart and use one of the following tools for labelling the...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

Email
I use Word as my email format. How do I display the horizontal ruler on a new email message I'm trying to send? ...

i created folders and now they are gone help!
I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! it's magic Check your View. "jdoubleh" <jdoubleh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EEAA52B-897C-437D-AA01-15983153EBAC@microsoft.com... > I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! ...

Word as Email Editor #3
In order to use the Auto Signature function in outlook 97, we have had to disable the Word E-Mail Editor. We have found that this can be done through Tools | Options | Email or Tools | Use Word as the E-Mail Editor (in both instances, removing the tick out of the checkbox). However, the problem we are faced with is that everytime you resart a pc, the check boxes are again ticked and the auto signature doesn't work. Any Ideas??? ...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

Word should have a popup window so I can drop some notes...
For instance, right now I am working on a presentation and I am surfing the internet to find some information. As I was looking, I found a couple of quotes I liked and so I made a little text box for a quick reference to some good quotes I found. It would be nice if there was a little popup window to place some good information that ties itself to the docx file when saved. I could imagine people using this for jotting down some thoughts of how they want to end their essays or what have you. Just a thought. :D ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Error creating Distribution group SBS 2003/Exchange 2003
When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that "Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you want to keep this dist group?" I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders ASAP. How can I troubleshoot this? I tried network monitoring but that didn't help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server obviously. Dan "Danno" <Danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message tha...

FYI: Open Word doc without unwanted messages
With the help of Doug Steele (thanks!) I was able to create a function to open Word docs more smoothly. Maybe it can be of use to someone else. See below for code and comments. Lars Function fOpenWordDoc(strFullPath As String) On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Open/BringToFront Word document without unwanted messages 'Comment: This function either opens a Word document or, ' if already opened by the user, brings it to front. ' Bringing it to front and not re-opening the Word ' document, prevents the default Word dial...

Setting a rule to look for a word in the 'from' header?
Hi O' 20002 I can't seem to set a rule that looks for a word in the 'From' header in the inbox. It's the part that is in the 'Displayed Name' box when of the senders email address. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance Dave F. It is a standard Wizard Rule so what is the problem? Make sure that the peolpe in the rule are in your Address Book/Contacts folder as well. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... ----- "Dave F" <david.fox@burohappold.com> wrote in mes...

Creating a form from two tables
Im looking for assistance. This database is used for evaluations. so a manager completes a form that has 25 questions. They do 4 evaluations a month on each employee. I have 3 tables the Evaluation information (Table 1), The Answer Information (Table 2) and the Question Table (Table 3) Is there a way to popuplate at form that has all the Evaluation Information, lists each question from table 3 with the Answer Information for each of those questions from Table 2. I haven't begun creating this database yet so if there is a better way to do it i am open to suggestions. Tabl...

Probelm printing in Word 97- Only
When I hit the print button for a Word document, the document will not print. If I check for it under my Printers, it shows as "Spooling" but never prints. Shortly after that, Word closes altogether and the document disappears from the print qeue. If not previously saved, the document is lost as well. Excel and all other Office programs print normally as well as pages from the Internet. Please help if you have any ideas! Thanks Are you sure this is Word 97? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "AM3" <AM3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I back up my complete "my document" file?
I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate knowing how. Do you have any sort of large writeable media (writeable CDs, DVDs, etc)? If so you could try copying your My Documents folder on to them "Dougal" <Dougal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD55FCB-B576-408F-9BFC-B736ABE17CE6@microsoft.com... >I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate > knowing how. The next issue of "Computeractive" will cover this in some depth. "Dougal" <Dougal@discussi...

Is there a way to create a customer log in section,
Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in names and passwords? You will probably need to use php and a MySQL db to do this. Mike Ottolikestogetbloto wrote: > Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in > names and passwords? ...

showing document data
I am doing an experiment and am wondering if someone would tell me why the following OnDraw insertion does not display text. if(m_bFirstCall) if(pDoc->OnOpenDocument(_T("C:\\Testfile.txt") ) ) { m_bFirstCall = false; ::Beep(500,50); } UpdateWindow(); How is that going to display text? You will have to use the DrawText/TextOut(...) calls on the device context to display the text on a view. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OAs7j0B1GHA.4116@T...

ACCESS 2007, want to create comment/remarks section.
To any MS ACCESS 2007 users: I'm using a Contact List Database and there should be a plus sign to the left of each record that acts as a toggle to open and close a comments section for typing the results of each phone call I make. Does anyone know how to add this feature to an existing database? On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:07:02 -0800, MusicFan381 <MusicFan381@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >To any MS ACCESS 2007 users: I'm using a Contact List Database and there >should be a plus sign to the left of each record that acts as a toggle to >open and close a co...