Connect to the internet wizard fails sbs 2003

Hi,
I hae taken oer another SBS server. When running the connect to the
internet wizard it fails on the firewall configuration. I have had to go
into IIS and change access permissions on the exchange/remote sites in
order to get these working. It also fails to create the new certificate
matching the external host name leaving the one in the place which is
completely wrong. How can I troubleshoot this issue.
Thanks
Simon
0
Simon

Hi Simon:

the CEICW creates a log file when it runs, but it is appended to each time
you run the wiz so it gets pretty cumbersome.  I would find that file and
rename it, then run the wiz again and look through it for errors, then search
for solutions or post the errors here for more help.

The CEICW log file is at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Support\icwlog.txt

-
Larry
Please post the resolution to your
issue so others may benefit
-
Get Your SBS Health Check at
www.sbsbpa.com

> Hi,
> I hae taken oer another SBS server. When running the connect to the
> internet wizard it fails on the firewall configuration. I have had to
> go
> into IIS and change access permissions on the exchange/remote sites in
> order to get these working. It also fails to create the new
> certificate
> matching the external host name leaving the one in the place which is
> completely wrong. How can I troubleshoot this issue.
> Thanks
> Simon

0
Larry
4/17/2010 10:52:22 AM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply, will take a look at the log.
Simon

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] wrote:
> Hi Simon:
>
> the CEICW creates a log file when it runs, but it is appended to each
> time you run the wiz so it gets pretty cumbersome.  I would find that
> file and rename it, then run the wiz again and look through it for
> errors, then search for solutions or post the errors here for more help.
>
> The CEICW log file is at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small
> Business Server\Support\icwlog.txt
>
> -
> Larry
> Please post the resolution to your
> issue so others may benefit
> -
> Get Your SBS Health Check at
> www.sbsbpa.com
>

>> Hi,
>> I hae taken oer another SBS server. When running the connect to the
>> internet wizard it fails on the firewall configuration. I have had to
>> go
>> into IIS and change access permissions on the exchange/remote sites in
>> order to get these working. It also fails to create the new
>> certificate
>> matching the external host name leaving the one in the place which is
>> completely wrong. How can I troubleshoot this issue.
>> Thanks
>> Simon

0
Simon

System State Backup Fails repeatedly
This is happening on a SBS 2003 Premium Server (SP2 installed). This has been an ongoing issue since a Raid 1 Array / Controller (Promise TX2300) has been added to the system. THe old RAID 1 array (Silicon Image) is still in the system, but the drive letters where changed to higher letters for the sake of having the ability to copy data from old to new. THe server appears to function normally other than this problem. The OS and data was restored to the new new raid array using Windows Backup. The same original drive letters are still there, just now mapping to the volumes o...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

How to create a connection point in Excel
When I group autoshapes the group itself does not have connection points. A connector connects to one of the grouped shapes instead. So, the connector beginconnecedshape (or endconnectedshape) property contains the name of the contained shape and not the name of the group. Is there a way to create connection points for a group? Alternatively, is it possible to change a group into a single shape with connection points? ...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

SBS VPN Oddity with Name Resolution
We host a number of intranet sites for employee use (not hosted on the SBS box itself - they're on member servers). Some are published, most are not. I've trained our laptop-using employees to use the "Connect to Small Business Server" VPN connection to reach our intranet-only websites when offsite. I haven't seen issues with users reaching the Internet-facing sites even when users switch back and forth between connecting and disconnecting the SBS VPN during a session. My boss recently informed me that he couldn't reach one of our published sites fr...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

exch 2003
how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server thanks LDAP isn't active on Exchange 2003 but only on your DCs. Try to do a telnet on the port 389 (LDAP). Regards, Xavier "Urs Meier" <urs@atcinc.com> wrote in message news:0ba501c3dec7$e3afe700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server > > thanks ...

ctrl A should select all in MS Excel 2003
In past versions of MS Excel, the keys [ctrl]&[a] used to select an entire screen. In Excel 2003, pressing it once just selects a table or some specific set of data. I have to press it twice now to select the entire screen. It is not a big deal, but I prefer the original way it worked, hence the name of the fucntion "select ALL". If users would like to select a subset of data, a different set of keys should be used. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#foobar -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany the-temp wrote: > In past versions of MS Ex...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

Sometimes fails to see printers
There are times when I open Publisher that it sees all of my printers, but other times it only sees Adobe and the default Microsoft Printer Driver. So, slightly more than half of the time I'll go to print my Publisher file only to find out that Adobe is my only solution. Sometimes, closing and reopening will fix it. But most of the time, once the file is created without being able to see the printer any time the file is opened it still can't see the printers. Publisher saves all printer information with each publication. If you printed with the PDF driver, the next time you op...

Outlook 2003 meeting request issue
Greetings experts! :) Recently we have switched to Outlook 2003 here. (about 50 users) On occasion, meeting requests do not function correctly, in fact, the behaviour is exactly the issue documented in Q307313 about iCalendar interoperability problems, and we experienced this problem during the transition from O2K to O2K3. However, everyone is on O2K3 now, so there should be no problem.. and usually there isn't.. but SOMETIMES, a meeting request comes out just like it did in O2K, like the recepient can't read it.. when this happens, all the recepients of that particular request get ...

Receiveing Mail when opening Outlook 2003
Is there a way to get Outlook 2003 to Receive mail as soon as I open it. The way it is set up now I have to go to Tools / Send and Recieve all to receive my mail when I open outlook. I now I can set go to the Options for email setup to chnage the Time intervals but there's not an option for Sending and receiving upon opening Outlook (There is one for exiting). I just ouotlook express before and that would receive as soon as I opened It. Whenever you set an automatic polling interval, Outlook will poll on launch. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jokuz" <jokuz@hoatmail....

Schema validation using Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hi, All Iam trying to do is validate a group of schemas which inturn references an external XSD schema(tried putting both in local webserver/as part of project),Iam getting errors This is what Iam doing 1. Open a blank Biztalk solution 2. Add all the schemas to validate 3. Validate Schema Am not sure what Iam doing wrong.Any help would be appreciated Thanks Raj ...

Offline address book
Recently a handful of users are not getting an updated version of the offline address book. These users are using Outlook 2003 and in cached mode. i simply delete the udetails.oab file (1.7mb) and goto send and receive > download address book and they get the new version. I have checked exchaneg 2003 and in the event logs it sucesgully creates a new OAB every night, think it says version 4 or something. Any ideas what's happening? Hi Gonzo, This is default behaviour, Outlook will normally download a .diff offline address book only every 24 hour. This is default behaviour be...