connect computer not working with windows 7 Professional

I am trying to Join a Windows 7 machine to the domain, I receive an error -
"Run
the wizard to complete networking setup" with no wizard appearing,  The
"fix" is explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505, but when I run
the patch on the SBS 2003, I receive another error, "already installed".  If
it is installed, why doesn't the wizard run on the Windows 7 machine?

Any help much appreciated!

One additional Item, I am getting a warning (X) that to join the computer to
the network I must be a ,ember of the local administrators group (which I AM)
 So the Wizard may be starting and this a permission issue.  I am using the
same credentials as my admin SBS crednetials and I am set-up as an
administrator on the windows 7 machine.

"daniel_ed" wrote:

> I am trying to Join a Windows 7 machine to the domain, I receive an error -
> "Run
> the wizard to complete networking setup" with no wizard appearing,  The
> "fix" is explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505, but when I run
> the patch on the SBS 2003, I receive another error, "already installed".  If
> it is installed, why doesn't the wizard run on the Windows 7 machine?
>
> Any help much appreciated!
Two things - you need domain admin rights (not just local admin) to join the
PC to the domain, so that might be part of the problem (although IIRC it
prompts you for domain admin credentials at the appropriate time so this may
not apply).

But more likely - when you go to //sbs/connectcomputer, IE should be
prompting you to turn on Intranet settings (yellow bar at the top of the
screen).  Is it possible that you're missing that prompt?  The wizard won't
run until you enable Intranet.

"daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One additional Item, I am getting a warning (X) that to join the computer
> the network I must be a ,ember of the local administrators group (which I
> AM)
> So the Wizard may be starting and this a permission issue.  I am using the
> same credentials as my admin SBS crednetials and I am set-up as an
> administrator on the windows 7 machine.
>
> "daniel_ed" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to Join a Windows 7 machine to the domain, I receive an
>> error -
>> "Run
>> the wizard to complete networking setup" with no wizard appearing,  The
>> "fix" is explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505, but when I
>> run
>> the patch on the SBS 2003, I receive another error, "already installed".
>> If
>> it is installed, why doesn't the wizard run on the Windows 7 machine?
>>
>> Any help much appreciated!

0
Dave
2/1/2010 10:53:45 PM
Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  I do have admin rights to both the local (client)
machine and the server.  I am using the same sign on and PW for both.  The
yellow bar at the top had shown up, and I set local intranet with protected
status AND made the server (both http://server address and https://server
address) trusted.

The error I receive when I try to install the KB926505 update is:
"This update cannot be installed.  Either it is already installed as part of
an existing service pack, or it requires a more recent service pack.  For
more information, see the system requirements on the download page."

I am currently running SB3 premium with SP2 installed.  I have noticed that
IS is still the old ISA 2000, even though SP1 was installed from CD (I asume
ISA 2004 was on it).

Ed

"Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> Two things - you need domain admin rights (not just local admin) to join the
> PC to the domain, so that might be part of the problem (although IIRC it
> prompts you for domain admin credentials at the appropriate time so this may
> not apply).
>
> But more likely - when you go to //sbs/connectcomputer, IE should be
> prompting you to turn on Intranet settings (yellow bar at the top of the
> screen).  Is it possible that you're missing that prompt?  The wizard won't
> run until you enable Intranet.
>

> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > One additional Item, I am getting a warning (X) that to join the computer
> > the network I must be a ,ember of the local administrators group (which I
> > AM)
> > So the Wizard may be starting and this a permission issue.  I am using the
> > same credentials as my admin SBS crednetials and I am set-up as an
> > administrator on the windows 7 machine.
> >
> > "daniel_ed" wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to Join a Windows 7 machine to the domain, I receive an
> >> error -
> >> "Run
> >> the wizard to complete networking setup" with no wizard appearing,  The
> >> "fix" is explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505, but when I
> >> run
> >> the patch on the SBS 2003, I receive another error, "already installed".
> >> If
> >> it is installed, why doesn't the wizard run on the Windows 7 machine?
> >>
> >> Any help much appreciated!
>
> .

I wonder if maybe Windows Server SP1 got installed but not SBS 2003 SP1 -
not exactly the same thing.  Please run the SBS BPA from the link below, and
see if it mentions anything relevant.  Also, if you do have SBS SP1
available on disk, I recommend upgrading to ISA 2004.  (However, I'd resolve
the current issue first before adding possible confusion to your
troubleshooting).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en

> Dave,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I do have admin rights to both the local (client)
> machine and the server.  I am using the same sign on and PW for both.  The
> yellow bar at the top had shown up, and I set local intranet with
> protected
> status AND made the server (both http://server address and https://server
> address) trusted.
>
> The error I receive when I try to install the KB926505 update is:
> "This update cannot be installed.  Either it is already installed as part
> of
> an existing service pack, or it requires a more recent service pack.  For
> more information, see the system requirements on the download page."
>
> I am currently running SB3 premium with SP2 installed.  I have noticed
> that
> IS is still the old ISA 2000, even though SP1 was installed from CD (I
> asume
> ISA 2004 was on it).
>
> Ed
>
> "Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Two things - you need domain admin rights (not just local admin) to join
>> the
>> PC to the domain, so that might be part of the problem (although IIRC it
>> prompts you for domain admin credentials at the appropriate time so this
>> may
>> not apply).
>>
>> But more likely - when you go to //sbs/connectcomputer, IE should be
>> prompting you to turn on Intranet settings (yellow bar at the top of the
>> screen).  Is it possible that you're missing that prompt?  The wizard
>> won't
>> run until you enable Intranet.
>>

>> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > One additional Item, I am getting a warning (X) that to join the
>> > computer
>> > the network I must be a ,ember of the local administrators group (which
>> > AM)
>> > So the Wizard may be starting and this a permission issue.  I am using
>> > the
>> > same credentials as my admin SBS crednetials and I am set-up as an
>> > administrator on the windows 7 machine.

>> .

0
Dave
2/4/2010 7:44:00 PM
WOW!!!!

You appear to be right.  We DO have the CD's and I assmed the correct
software was installed (before my time).  But the Best practices analyzer
shows the following:

Windows SBS 2003 Service Pack 1 not installed
Windows SBS 2003 SP1 is available. For download information, see
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50694.  To order the Windows SBS 2003
cd set (required for Windows SBS 2003 Premium Edition customers), go to
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50685.

We will probably need to back out SP2 and the other SP's (exchange, etc. and
start again).

Is this correct?

"Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> I wonder if maybe Windows Server SP1 got installed but not SBS 2003 SP1 -
> not exactly the same thing.  Please run the SBS BPA from the link below, and
> see if it mentions anything relevant.  Also, if you do have SBS SP1
> available on disk, I recommend upgrading to ISA 2004.  (However, I'd resolve
> the current issue first before adding possible confusion to your
> troubleshooting).
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
>

> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dave,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.  I do have admin rights to both the local (client)
> > machine and the server.  I am using the same sign on and PW for both.  The
> > yellow bar at the top had shown up, and I set local intranet with
> > protected
> > status AND made the server (both http://server address and https://server
> > address) trusted.
> >
> > The error I receive when I try to install the KB926505 update is:
> > "This update cannot be installed.  Either it is already installed as part
> > of
> > an existing service pack, or it requires a more recent service pack.  For
> > more information, see the system requirements on the download page."
> >
> > I am currently running SB3 premium with SP2 installed.  I have noticed
> > that
> > IS is still the old ISA 2000, even though SP1 was installed from CD (I
> > asume
> > ISA 2004 was on it).
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > "Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Two things - you need domain admin rights (not just local admin) to join
> >> the
> >> PC to the domain, so that might be part of the problem (although IIRC it
> >> prompts you for domain admin credentials at the appropriate time so this
> >> may
> >> not apply).
> >>
> >> But more likely - when you go to //sbs/connectcomputer, IE should be
> >> prompting you to turn on Intranet settings (yellow bar at the top of the
> >> screen).  Is it possible that you're missing that prompt?  The wizard
> >> won't
> >> run until you enable Intranet.
> >>

> >> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I think you can just install SBS SP1 and be good to go.  Doesn't the BPA
give you specific instructions?  If not, I'd install SBS SP1 and then run
the BPA again.  Don't forget your ordinary precautions about backing up
first, etc.

I'm glad to hear you have the disks, because they're no longer available,
and without that you can't get ISA 2004.  As soon as you get the first issue
resolved, I'd upgrade ISA.

> WOW!!!!
>
> You appear to be right.  We DO have the CD's and I assmed the correct
> software was installed (before my time).  But the Best practices analyzer
> shows the following:
>
> Windows SBS 2003 Service Pack 1 not installed
> Windows SBS 2003 SP1 is available. For download information, see
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50694.  To order the Windows SBS
> 2003
> cd set (required for Windows SBS 2003 Premium Edition customers), go to
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50685.
>
> We will probably need to back out SP2 and the other SP's (exchange, etc.
> and
> start again).
>
> Is this correct?
>
> "Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I wonder if maybe Windows Server SP1 got installed but not SBS 2003 SP1 -
>> not exactly the same thing.  Please run the SBS BPA from the link below,
>> and
>> see if it mentions anything relevant.  Also, if you do have SBS SP1
>> available on disk, I recommend upgrading to ISA 2004.  (However, I'd
>> resolve
>> the current issue first before adding possible confusion to your
>> troubleshooting).
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
>>

>> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dave,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your reply.  I do have admin rights to both the local
>> > (client)
>> > machine and the server.  I am using the same sign on and PW for both.
>> > The
>> > yellow bar at the top had shown up, and I set local intranet with
>> > protected
>> > status AND made the server (both http://server address and
>> > https://server
>> > address) trusted.
>> >
>> > The error I receive when I try to install the KB926505 update is:
>> > "This update cannot be installed.  Either it is already installed as
>> > part
>> > of
>> > an existing service pack, or it requires a more recent service pack.
>> > For
>> > more information, see the system requirements on the download page."
>> >
>> > I am currently running SB3 premium with SP2 installed.  I have noticed
>> > that
>> > IS is still the old ISA 2000, even though SP1 was installed from CD (I
>> > asume
>> > ISA 2004 was on it).
>> >
>> > Ed

>> .

0
Dave
2/4/2010 10:49:50 PM
Dave,

I am leaving town for a week, so will revisit the SP1 install then.
Regardess how it goes, I'll post back.  Thanks for the help on this! Would
NEVER have guessed that SBS 3 SP1 was never installed. No reason for it not
to have been . . . other than someone was afraid to do it.

"Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> I think you can just install SBS SP1 and be good to go.  Doesn't the BPA
> give you specific instructions?  If not, I'd install SBS SP1 and then run
> the BPA again.  Don't forget your ordinary precautions about backing up
> first, etc.
>
> I'm glad to hear you have the disks, because they're no longer available,
> and without that you can't get ISA 2004.  As soon as you get the first issue
> resolved, I'd upgrade ISA.
>

> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > WOW!!!!
> >
> > You appear to be right.  We DO have the CD's and I assmed the correct
> > software was installed (before my time).  But the Best practices analyzer
> > shows the following:
> >
> > Windows SBS 2003 Service Pack 1 not installed
> > Windows SBS 2003 SP1 is available. For download information, see
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50694.  To order the Windows SBS
> > 2003
> > cd set (required for Windows SBS 2003 Premium Edition customers), go to
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50685.
> >
> > We will probably need to back out SP2 and the other SP's (exchange, etc.
> > and
> > start again).
> >
> > Is this correct?
> >
> > "Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder if maybe Windows Server SP1 got installed but not SBS 2003 SP1 -
> >> not exactly the same thing.  Please run the SBS BPA from the link below,
> >> and
> >> see if it mentions anything relevant.  Also, if you do have SBS SP1
> >> available on disk, I recommend upgrading to ISA 2004.  (However, I'd
> >> resolve
> >> the current issue first before adding possible confusion to your
> >> troubleshooting).
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
> >>

> >> "daniel_ed" <danieled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Auto Filter not working
I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable to activate the Auto Filter function on a list. The filter buttons simply do not appear! Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?? Thanks, Chris J Is the worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Chris Jenkins" <jenkins4308@freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf9p58$app$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable > t...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

Connecting to database
I'm trying to connect some back office computers to the database so that several people can access RMS Manager at the same time. I've been succesful with one computer so far, but not with the second. The second one, which is not connecting to the database, connects to everything else on the nextwork. I get error number 2147467259 when I try to test the connection. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance! "Chuck Elnekave" <Chuck Elnekave@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:50B274D0-27F6-4260-B47C-BDF3FE0C8933@microsoft.com... > I'...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...

gridlines from excel not working?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is t...

Select Working TV Signal
Hey peeps, I've been looking for an answer to this problem for a couple weeks, done lots of google searches and searched around these forums to see if my question had already been answered.. as far as I can see it has not been. If it has, please point me to a link. thanks. PROBLEM Can not get Media Center TV Setup (win7) to see STB signal. The STB itself is a Scientific America with 1xCoaxial in, and 1xCoaxial out. *NO* RCA/COMPOSITE/HDMI. It is connected to the computer from the Coaxial out to the antenna in on my Hauppauge PVR-150 It asks me if I have a set-top box. ...

Money 2005 Standard edition, upgrade to deluxe did not work
I purchased Money 2005 standard edition and then downloaded the upgrade to deluxe online. It didn't upgrade, and I can't redownload the upgrade since it was a one time download. I've tried calling support but hung up after an hour. Please help! kyoung The trial version may still appear in the About Microsoft Money topic on the Help menu after you upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 The main points are: Make sure you are signing into Money with the same Passport you used to purchase the upgrade, AND reboot your computer....

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

What is this window type ?
Hi there, I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't even know how you call that type of window. It's pretty basic, I have my active window and I want to use a second window but still be able to use the first one. When I create a dialog using the DoModal() I can't give control back to my main window... Can someone maybe only point out the type of window it is so I can check some info on the net how to use them ? Thanks, Max. Maxime Savard wrote: > Hi there, > > I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't ...

sbs 2003 with windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Hi Is it possible to connect a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit client pc with sbs 2003 standard (not R2)? Any caveats? Thanks Regards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0152_01CB1470.62DB6830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes it's possible http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in= -a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx?wwparam=3D1277490172 --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashe...

partitionsize windows 7
I looked into the HD (500GB) of my new Dell Inspiron with windows 7 home premium 64bits and found that there was only one volume C: with primary partition of 456 Gb and a recovery partition of 15 GB. As I like to make an other partion for a 2nd OS , surely I can decrease the c: partion of Windows 7? So what is the minimum size for that partition? regards __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4667 (20091207) __________ Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com The minimum size is what...

Outlook access on 2 computers ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will have XP Home as the operating system as well and will likely have Outlook 2000 (unless I purchase another newer version of Outlook). My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I'll be working from my new office m...

Can you have both Office 2004 and Office 2008 on your computer?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office 2003 and office 2007). On 3/28/08 11:51 00AM, in article ee967d0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mlejay@officeformac.com" <mlejay@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my > computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office > 2003 and office 2007). I'm s...