Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3

Hi,
I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.

What is required to set this up ?
 - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
 - Firewall configuration ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Michael

What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use
Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough.
No pop required. No firewall changes either.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael
<michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
>access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.
>
>What is required to set this up ?
> - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
> - Firewall configuration ???
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards
>Michael
See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
0
Jim
5/18/2010 3:46:56 AM
I did a google search for Nokia email Exchange which brought up some
helpful posts.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 23:46:56 -0400, Jim Behning SBS MVP
<jimbehning@doesthisblockpork.mindspring.com> wrote:

>What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use
>Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough.
>No pop required. No firewall changes either.
>
>On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael
><michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
>>access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.
>>
>>What is required to set this up ?
>> - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
>> - Firewall configuration ???
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Regards
>>Michael
>See what SBS support is working on
>http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
>Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
>http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
0
Jim
5/18/2010 3:49:01 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post and Jim's input.

For your reference, please see below article for related information:

Using a Nokia device to sync with Small Business Server 2003
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2006/12/07/using-a-nokia-device-to-sync-with-small-business-server-2003.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

website configuration on SBS
I've read the posts on issues with CRM & the default website in SBS 2003. I could use some input on how best to set up my server: Criteria * Clean install of SBS2003 & CRM. * CRM not in default web-site. * Single public IP address. (Second might be an option if necessary) * SSL required for OWA & CRM. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on how to best set this up. tks, Brandon I have read several posts indicating that the two are not supported and will not go together on the same box. However some did suggest to use of Host Headers in IIS to create unique sites and hence ...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

sent emails?
When i send an email the person on the other end will see the wrong person it is from. I have reset everything in my out look but cant seem to get the last person that was here, his name off the sent emails. Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.) 3) Are you using a PST? If so, what size is it? 4) Are there any error messages or numbers? 5) Are there any errors in your application event viewer that relates to Office or Outlook? 6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken yourself? PS What do you mean, the last person ...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

downloading emails
I have been having trouble with outlook ever since Wanadoo discontinued their newsgroup service; I accessed it through outlook express and the "news" folder of outlook. Yesterday Outlook crashed and I have had to re-install it from scratch. Now however I cannot get it to send or receive emails. When I worked my way through the wizard setting it up it did send out the test email and that can be opened in outlook express so it appears to be connected properly Every time I try I am getting this menu and no matter how often I click OK I do not get past it:- "Enter Net Password &qu...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

Permission to use object denied.
I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights. The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following message; "Permission to use object denied". Hi Shannon............ It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro is calling and your user does not have rights to it. I think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com>...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Pictures not opening. Little red X. email address
My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forwarded email. thanks. This is caused by using WORD as your editor and having your options in word set to "Show placeholder" for pictures. Open Word, Select Options and poke around a bit until you see the option, then turn it off. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "cr" <crrsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00de01c3dc69$5c3c0520$a501280a@phx.gbl... My email address should anyone have the answer to the question I posted today about pics not opening in forw...

Blank Email messages are being received
(1) When the attachments go missing on replied messages,I hope the client settings were set to include attachments in replies This setting was set to include the attachments in the replies. (2) Are there any error messages in the application event log of exchange? I've looked for events that might indicate a problem, but I don't really see anything relevant. (3) How often does this happen ? The frequency is very random and not wide spread, initially, I thought that this was a user error until I witnessed a couple of users experience this problem first hand. 4) Is there an...