Cannot add contacts to Distribution Group in SBS 2008 Console

Hello,

I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to add contacts to a mail
enabled distribution group in SBS Console. I can add users but not
contacts. My group was created just fine, I added domain users and
cannot see any contacts to add. Only users, distribution groups and
security groups. So I decided to head over to AD Users and Computers
(I did not use that tool to create the group and I know not to go
there to create groups if I want to see them in SBS Console). From
there I clicked on my distribution group and saw my domain users. So
then I added my mail enabled contacts that had been created a while
back to that group, hit save and close. Voila. Now I sent an e-mail to
the distribution group and everything was fine. The contacts and users
are getting their mail. BUT. But now when I go to the SBS Console and
click on the group, I see no contacts! Go back to AD and they are
there. Is it me or does SBS Console not want you to add contacts to a
distribution group??

My contacts were created outside of the SBS Console of course as there
is nowhere inside the Console to create contacts.

0
ESmith

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Mail Enabled Contacts will NOT be shown as options to be added to groups in the SBS Console, this is by design. SBS uses mail enabled contacts for internal functions such
as mail-archiving to SharePoint and does not expose them to be selected in the console.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

ADC ... and Distribution Groups/PF's
Hi Everyone, Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused. Now I see the Exchange related info on the users. I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD. When would I start seeing them? Have you created Public folder agreement. "Jan K. van Dalen" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused. > > Now I see the Exchange related info on the users. > > I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD. > When would I start seeing them? > &g...

Change Default Add-in Folder
Great Day! Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead o going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Applicatio Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins). Thank you. Compound -- compoun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- compound's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 I think if you use Regedit to modify this key value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Gene...

Converting Leads to Contacts Duplicate errors
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applic...

manually connecting Visat machine to sbs network
Hi I need to manually connect a vista machine to a SBS network. ConnectComputer does not work. We have expended dozens of hours on this and it is not going to happen. At the botom of this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505 it says "If you used the previously published steps to manually join the Windows Vista-based computer or the Windows 7-based computer to a Windows SBS network..." My question is how do I do this as I can't find the previously published instructions. Thanks jc There is *no* reason why the connectcomputer should n...

Ability to add the object GUID to email templates, workflow email
It would be nice if the accountid, contactid, opportunityid, etc were available when creating e-mail templates or creating an e-mail from workflow. This would be VERY helpful in creating hyperlinks to the account, contact, etc in the e-mail you are sending. c360 has an "Email Link" tool. However it doesn't work with workflow or email templates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the ...

Any grouping in the address book?
No. Contacts can be group in 3 ways: 1. Categories 2. Separate Contact Subfolders 3. Distribution Lists -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Leon Chan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35c701c52208$fdf016a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Removing Sub-Contact Entity
I tried to hide sub-contact by entering navSub-Contacts.style.display = "none"; in the onload events script for the contact form, and it doesn't seem to do anything. I have looked all over customizations and cannot find sub-contact listed anywhere. Can someone please tell me the correct script to use? Or where to find it? Thanks, Natalie Matt replied to a different thread and gave me the answer. Using navSubConts.style.display = "none"; Works great!!! Thanks Matt "Natalie" wrote: > I tried to hide sub-contact by entering > > navSub...

SBS 2003 to Standard 2008 transition?
I've got a client wanting to 'breakout' from SBS 2003, but then want to go to 2008 Standard, not 2003 Standard. You used to be able to transition from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003 to get a good discount on migrating your CALs etc. Is it possible to go straight to Standard 2008, to migrate their CALs and get the transition discount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CB500E.98E99440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you try hard..you may still find the transition...

Smartlist Builder Smartlist based on new View in SQL 2008 with GP
Hi there, I created one smartlist based on a view in SQL 2008. Smartlist is ok and working fine with my user id and sa. But when I give security access to other users, they can see the Smartlist Option but when they click it they get error message that don't have rights to one of the table used in this smartlist. I also have given them Grants through SQL Server. But no effect. What is the problem? Naseer, Check my article on the subject at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/12/smartlist-builder-security-for-sql.html. It explains an issue similar to the one you are havin...

How can I add tabs to Bluetooth devices with windows default drive
I want to add an extension profile like FTP to windows default bluetooth driver stack and show a tab when right click on the bluetooth icon. It is said that "By impltmenting a shell proterty handler for the application" in Bluetooth Wireless Technology FAQ. I've tried that but it is only add a property sheet in Bluetooth settings, and my question is how to add a tab in the context menu just like "send a file" tab. Does it need a ContexMenuHandler and where should I registe it? ...

Where to find previous updates for Office 2008?
Hi I tried to install the service pack for office 2008 but when I started installation it gave an error because I need some extra updates not installed previously. Where can I find all the updates available for Office 2008? How to determine which updates should I need? Thanks Which Service Pack did you try to install -- there are 2 of them for Office 2008. Both include the interim updates which preceded them so you shouldn't need to go any further back than SP1 (12.1.0) plus SP2 (12.2.0) followed but 12.2.1 (the latest interim update). You should be able to run Check fo Updates fo...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

Updating Contacts
I have several folders of contacts, and have the same hierarchy on two computers, I go back and forth between office and home. When I open "outlook84.pst", a .pst file that I brought in on my flash drive, how do I know (or confirm) that's the contact list I'm looking at in outlook, and not the one called "outlook.pst". -- Jim Lamson BMCS USCG (Ret.), Realtor´┐Ż Keller Williams Realty 49 Dartmouth St Portland, ME 04101 Mobile: (207) 671-9458 Voice Mail: (207) 553-2414 Windham Fax (207) 893-0110 Portland Fax (207) 879-9801 Website: http://agent.kw.com/jlamson/ "...

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

Contacts Missing
Hi, I had created a folder for a new Contacts group and it does not show in Outlook 2003. Yet when I go in to create a new Contacts group, it shows the one I made, but just not in the pane where all my contacts groups are. HELP! How do I fix this? Aiandas ...

Is there a macro to automatically add a title?
I have imported a project timeline into visio. I would like the project title to automatically appear in visio. How can I do this? Thanks Elaine ...

Copy Contacts in a Public Folder to a Local Contacts Subfolder
Our company stores a list of company contacts in: Public Folders->All Public Folders->xxx Corp->yyyy-> Company Contacts Every start up I would like a macro to copy these contacts to a sub folder of the local contacts called "Company Contacts". (So they sync with our blackberry's). If the program could be smart enough to only update the subfolder that would be great (check for changes and make those, not copy every contact every time), but not necessary. I don't know visual basic, but I would be willing to look at a couple basic tutorials to figure this ou...

Transfer contacts
Does anybody know how to transfer my contact from outlook 2007 on a PC to entourage (office 2008). Check out Paul Berkowitz's "Export-Import Entourage" script package. http://www.scriptbuilders.net/search.php?search_str=Export-Import+Entourage Another option might be to send them as vCards from Outlook to your address that you can access in Entourage. On 8/6/08 5:43 PM, in article C4BFA145.169A%radie842@comcast.net, "Michael Radie" <radie842@comcast.net> wrote: > Does anybody know how to transfer my contact from outlook 2007 on a PC to > entourage (offi...

public contacts error
hello, when i try and send 'new message to contact' from public contacts folder, my users get an error message when they hit send. the error is 'the contacts folder could not be found'. it works under administrator, but not unders users that have full owner rights to the public folder contacts. ...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

Just upgraded to Office 2008, can't find Entourage database
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap I just upgraded from Office 2004 to 2008, completed the install, but when I attempt to open Entourage, I get the message: &quot;Entourage Cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database.&quot; The problem is, no database is listed on the database utility. Another posting suggested that the database is too corrupted to even be found, but it opens up and works fine in Entourage 2004. What to do? Dear Joel: joelm@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 20...

OUTLOOK with BUSINESS CONTACT MANAGER #5
I have Office 2003 that includes all standard applications and InfoPath and OneNote. Which version of Office 2003 would include Business Contact Manager?. Is it possible to purchase BCM as a stand alone and add it to Office 2003? Thanks. The Small Business and Professional editions include BCM. It is not available as a separate product. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kassem" <kassemtf-online@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

Add menu options via Developer Toolkit
Is it possible to add menu items to standard GP 9.0 menus using the Developer Toolkit? For instance, there is the following menu in GP: \Tools\Routines\Sales\ I would like to add a custom option at the bottom of this menu (below "Checklists"). Can this be done from VB.NET via the Developer Toolkit? If so, how? Thanks, Chris Chris, This question has been asked quite a number of times in this newsgroup. The answer is that Dexterity is the only application that can add to the GP menu structure. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...