Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003

I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years.  It has 
SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and 
install 96 updates.  When I try to get them installed it comes back with an 
error saying not enough disk space.  I have tried to just install 1 update at 
a time and get the same error.  The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and 
the other drives have plenty of space as well.  I restarted the server and 
also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having 
the same problem.  Anyone run across this problem before??  Any advice is 
appreciated.



Thanks

0
Utf
4/29/2010 5:24:01 PM
windows.server.sbs 1975 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
1976 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

Do you have disk quotas set up on your domain admin user account?

-- 
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1B04B107-FB79-4902-B51B-7EF2AEBF2A6C@microsoft.com...
> I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years.  It 
> has
> SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and
> install 96 updates.  When I try to get them installed it comes back with 
> an
> error saying not enough disk space.  I have tried to just install 1 update 
> at
> a time and get the same error.  The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space 
> and
> the other drives have plenty of space as well.  I restarted the server and
> also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still 
> having
> the same problem.  Anyone run across this problem before??  Any advice is
> appreciated.
>
>
>
> Thanks
> 
0
Merv
4/29/2010 7:08:02 PM
I don't think there is any quota's enabled but where do I check to be sure 
they are turned off??

Thanks

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have disk quotas set up on your domain admin user account?
> 
> -- 
> Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
> ============================
> 
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:1B04B107-FB79-4902-B51B-7EF2AEBF2A6C@microsoft.com...
> > I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years.  It 
> > has
> > SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and
> > install 96 updates.  When I try to get them installed it comes back with 
> > an
> > error saying not enough disk space.  I have tried to just install 1 update 
> > at
> > a time and get the same error.  The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space 
> > and
> > the other drives have plenty of space as well.  I restarted the server and
> > also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still 
> > having
> > the same problem.  Anyone run across this problem before??  Any advice is
> > appreciated.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> > 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/30/2010 11:38:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2003 News
I am trying to setup the news reader in Outlook 2003. I follow the directions but it won't stick when I drag news to go menu. Any ideas? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine in order to complete the process. Not everyone is repor...

update column
How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading zeros for each row? hi it is not possible to add leading zeros to a numeric value. Mathematically, this is redundent and unnecessary. "brian" wrote: > How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading > zeros for each row? opps. hit the post button too quick. option 1. custom format if your numeric value is 12345 then see the custom format to 00000000. note. format do not change data - it just changes the way it looks in the cell. option2. format to text then use the c...

Meeting updates #2
My users cannot update meetings created when they were on the old email server. I have noticed that the old string is still mapped to the meeting. e.g x400;c=us;a= ;p=Org name;o=exchagne;s=Lastname;g=firstname; Take a look at the following article: 275134 XADM: Cannot Reply to Messages That Are Sent from a User Account That http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275134 The same thing applies to meetings. How did you move them and what version(s) of Exchange? Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes
For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of days. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, D.Duck wrote: >For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating >stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. > >I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of >days. > >Any suggestions? > High server loading. Try again later. In microsoft.publi...

Window Redirection?
A PrintWindow API related sample application in MSDN has this line - The API uses window redirection to paint a snapshot of the window into the hdc. What is window redirection? Is it possible to use this outside PrintWindow API to get a visual image of the window without actually having to show the window? (Note - PrintWindow needs the window displayed for it to work) TIA Priyesh ...

Outlook 2003 #79
I nhave recently purchased Office Professional 2003. When using Outlook the send / receive function sometimes does not work and I need to log off the computer and log back on. All configurations are standard and the email servers have been verified by the ISP. Does anyone else have problems with the stability of Outlook 2003? ...

Help Required
Hi, Whenever I open Outlook 2003, I am getting a dialog box which displays the following message: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience When I click Debug it displays a message box with the following error message "The instruction at "0x3007e993" referenced memory at "0x0000000:. The memory could not be read" When I click No it Visual Studio JIT debugger pops up. I uninstalled and installed several times but still the problem persists. Is there any regsitry entry that I've to modify/delete? ...

Canadian Mergers 2003
I have Money 2003 which will not allow me to preform a stock merger in the Canadian format. Will upgrading to 2006 allow me to do this? In microsoft.public.money, giff42 wrote: >I have Money 2003 which will not allow me to preform a stock merger in the >Canadian format. Will upgrading to 2006 allow me to do this? Yes, with Deluxe there is a built-in function and above. It should be able to convert your Money 2003 file automatically. While there is not the built-in feature, here is how you could do it in Money 2003 Standard, do it if you did not hold both stocks involved in the merg...

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2
Hey guys, IS there an issue with outlook 2003 running on a XP machine with SP2. I am having connectivity problems. When I shut off the windows firewall, the outlook client connects. some help please. thanks, st I suggest that you add outlook2003 to the Windows Firewall exception list. Regards, -jack "stonefly" <shitij_T@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:OAoct1k5EHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, > IS there an issue with outlook 2003 running on a XP machine with SP2. I > am having connectivity problems. When I shut off the windows firewall, the > outlo...

Filters in Excel 2003
I am using Filters in Excel 2003. Every cell in sheet B is linked to every cell in sheet A. That way I can alter data in B without corrupting the original data in A. I then highlight the cells in B that I want to assign a filter to and select Advanced Filter. I have no criteria so I do not set that. I click OK. I then select Filter again and this time select Auto Filter. Drop down arrows appear at the top of my columns. Great, no problems so far, I then select from the drop down list the criteria that I want to filter. Again no problems, my list filters correctly. But once I have do...

HELP Recovering addresses and email from Outlook 2003
I had some serious driver issues that required re-installing XP from disc. I did use the backup option and have a backup of all the old data. And of course had to reinstall Office 2003. Will third party software restore my old email and addresses or am I out of luck?? Thanks for the help texraid wrote: > I had some serious driver issues that required re-installing XP from > disc. I did use the backup option and have a backup of all the old > data. And of course had to reinstall Office 2003. > > Will third party software restore my old email and addresses or am I > out of lu...

Need Help with Deleting Empty Paragraphs in Word 2003
I have written the code below to delete all empty paragraphs at the end of a document and then place the cursor at the end of the last paragraph. It works fine as a stand alone sub in a new doc, but fails inside the real document that contains other code that manipulates several documents. The failure is that it will delete the last empty para, but then gets stuck looping inside the While...Wend because subsequent .Delete are not happening. So, the question is why would this work in one document, but then fail in another? n = 0 ...

Office 2003 Service Pack 3--subsequent problems opening Publisher
I run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP. On June 13, I updated my system with Office 2003 Service Pack 3 so that I could open Word documents with the file ext docx. Subsequent to the Service Pack 3 installation, whenever I open a Publisher file (which I created), I get the following message: "Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted source and does not contain harmful information, click OK." What is causing this and is there a way to stop this pop-up message? All publications? Error message when you...

Using Access 2003 on client to see Sharepoint 2007
Testing a Sharepoint environment and I can easily manipulate and run the database from Access 2007, but when I try to use Access 2003 it wants me to save the database to a location. The Access 2003 has the compatiblity pack, but it seems to not work when I download it. So the question is using Sharepoint 2007 and posting the Access 2007 format to it, can a user go to the sharepoint site and use a 2003 Access database that has the compatibility pack and open without having to download it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Send check for $500.00 to: David A Jenn...

Outlook 2003 Out of Office Reminder RPC over HTTP
I have some remote office users that have Outlook 2003 configured using RPC over HTTP. They do not get the notice that pops up reminding them that their Out of Office is on when they open Outlook. Is there a way to get this to work? Thanks! Jeff ...

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Where is the cache files folder located for windows media player?
Does windows media player have a cache files folder? Where is the cache files folder located for windows media player? Or how do I find the cache files folder for windows media player? Thank You for your Help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I purchased new February 2008 running 32-bit MS Vista Home Premium SP2 box. I use MS auto updates. I think it has onboard shared memory for video and sound. My ISP is Comcast 12mbps with Motorola SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem direct to...

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10
Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 share the same code? how is that possible when Windows 7 has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions and windows server 2008 r2 is only 64 bit Hello Charle, As Microsoft is going to use only 64bit versions for servers they don't built the 32bit version. Sharing the same code doesn't mean that the server OS use exaclty the same files, there are a lot more and different ones. But the basic code is the same. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003
In the past I could forward appointments and birthdays from one PC to another, if both PC's had Office 2003. I just tried forwarding a birthday from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003 and it doesn't work. I get the email in 2003. Open it, open the calendar item, then click on Save & Close. No error message. But it's not there. Neither in the current month or for next year. I forwarded it as a reoccurring item, that's the only way it will let you do that. Has anyone else been able to do this? Or, is this a backward compatibility issue? It's odd.... this works fine for...

PDA-Outlook 2003
I have a Jornada 540 and I try to sync to outlook 2003 using Activesync 3.7. I get the message Outlook is no longer installed. Reinstall MS Outlook. This happens on both Exchange and Outlook 2003 environment. Appreciate your help ...

attachment previewers not installed?
I have a newly installed Office 2007 and cannot open several attachments ie WMV as I get a message "no previewers installed" How can I resolve this issue? do they open if you double click them? The previewer error is because they can't display (or play) in the preview pane - you need to open the attachment. Are you using Vista or Windows XP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: daily...

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003
It seems whenever the data source is altered, the merge code fields have to be reinserted in the Publisher document. Is this normal? The data source starts in Excel and is then saved as a .txt file to retain number formatting on final merge. ...

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...