Active Sync Authentication Error

Hello All,

I hope someone can help me. I am pulling my hair from past three days.

We have three HTC Desire with Active Sync  configured to our SBS 2003
Exchange. Till Last week it was working perfectly until one phone had problem
syncing  Calendar items. I looked at the log and found the following 4 errors
for Calendaring Sync.

Event ID:	3005
[xx.xxx.local] User: [xx@xxx.co.uk] HTTP status code: [500]. Verify that the
Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

Event ID:	8199
error 0x80040219 on xx@xx.co.uk:
/Calendar/{814EBC9B-2AF3-4F15-9707-4FCF7AAB84F6}.EML.

Event ID:	8206
saving appointment.

Event ID:	8260
"Dad's Birthday" to mailbox xx@xxx.co.uk. The duration of the appointment was
too large, so it was not saved.

I looked on Google and in one forum it suggested to install Hotfix
(KB943721). After installing or whatever changes I made on Exchange or IIS
everything stopped working.

Now none of the mobile can sync with email using ActiveSync. In total 5
mobile which was working last week stopped working.

On HTC I get – Authentication Failed. Please verify Username and/or password.

From Windows Mobile - activesync not an exchange server or incompatible
software and error number 0x80072f17.

I uninstalled hotfix (KB943721) and still the problem persist. I don’t know
/ remember or not sure what other changes was made when fixing the calendar
issue.

 I tried all the suggestion shown on the internet, checked all the security
permission on the Virtual Folders on IIS. Still the Activesync is not
connecting.

When I see the IIS log, there is entry for the phone.
2010-08-12 14:55:00 W3SVC1 192.168.28.7 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
User=mstott&DeviceId=HTCAnd6a422c49&DeviceType=htcbravo 80 - 193.35.132.10
Android-EAS/0.1 200 0 0

Can anyone please help to solve this issue.

Many thanks.....

Error 8231
When attempting to create a new mailbox, the box was not stamped with any addresses. It appears that RUS is not working properly. We recently have been experiencing error messages in the logs that state the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8231 Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Name,CN=MicrosoftExchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Name,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. We are running a single domain, native mode Exchang...

Outlook and OWA calendars not staying in sync
We have several mobile users many of which are now experiencing issues with their calendars. Appointments are added to calendars, through a group of 4-to-5 scheduling staff, for serveral staff. Many staff are on the road and check their calendars through OWA. What's happening is that some of the added appointments are not appearing in the calendar of the OWA client. For instance, an appointment was added for one inividual, along with several others, on April 5th. The appointment was for April 18th. There were other appointments booked for that same date. When the individual reviewed...

C00D11B3 error message
I have been using Media player for years, now have ver. 11, in the past two day, I have had a problem if I go to player and play some music stored on the hard drive, it works. I f I attempt to play something on the internet I get the error and then it won't play anything until I reboot the system. I thought it was a firewall issue, but can't figure out what it would be. I also have checked connect to the internet override, without success. I have recently changed routers to a linksys with Network Magic set to basic. I have no idea what is causing the issue. -- J P...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Appointment shows error
I send meeting reminder to my collegue, but they could not open the item. OLXP and 2003 users could open but OL 2000 users still have the error.Whats wrong- it is showing an error. I use ol xP with windowsXP. Is it their problem or with my OLXP. can u advise me? Microsoft offers a hotfix for Outlook 2000 to improve its compatibility = with iCal/vCal 2.0 meeting requests. See = http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D823199 . Alternatively, have = Outlook 2002/2003 senders avoid using reminders in the meeting requests = they send to Outlook 2000 recipients.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Formula too long error...
Hello all. I have the following formula in a cell that works just fine. However, I need to add one more SUMIF statement but I get an error stating that the formula is too long. Is there an easy way around this - thank you. NWO =SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E11",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"110",IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"115",1,0))))))+SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E12",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBo...

SharePoint Farm Backup error
I have installed Sharepont 2007 in one box and SQL Server 2008 in separate box running through Windows Server 2008. I have shared a folder for farm backup, that shared folder is smothly accssible from both the boxes but during the backup using STSADM.exe I received the following errors in backup log file. Any body Please help me to solve this issue? Errors --------------------------------------------------------- [1/7/2010 1:21:13 PM]: Verbose: Using directory: \\bd-sharepoint01\SharePointBackup\spbr0001\. [1/7/2010 1:21:13 PM]: Verbose: The backup/restore process included th...

Outlook Error #18
Everytime I try to get into Outlook I keep getting this message: an OLE Registration error occured. Program is not installed run set up again. It then closes out outlook and brings this message up: unknown error OX9694011D???? Can someone please help. I have re installed Microsoft office, I have even re-installed the Operating System still nothing.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Can someone help me???? ---------------------------------------...

error: The symbol $US:FTSE
I`m running Money 2000 (UK version) and I`m getting this error when I`m online. I know people have asked before but I`ve reinstalled XP and all my software and lost the info. The error coming up is:- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Online Quotes and Exchange Rates: Money was unable to retrieve a quote for FTSE (London). The symbol $US:FTSE is invalid. To correct an invalid or expired symbol, go to the Details for that investment from the Portfolio and correct or delete the symbol. Internet Information: Your call was completed success...

Login Errors
On Great Plains 7.5 when users login (other than 'sa' which works) and then select a company, the following error message is displayed. Unhandled form execption: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Pressing the OK button sends the user back to the company selection screen. Any ideas on how to correct this issue? Thanks The likely cause is that a modified window is missing from one of the dictionaries or users cannot access the dictionary. Curious: Why are you still on GP v7.5? 7.5 is still supported.....until January of 20...

Error Message 0x8007007F
Clip organizer keeps giving this error message when opened: Error Message 0x8007007F It will not open or insert pictures!!! Would appreciate any and all help junk2bj@hotmail.com http://www.mvps.org/msauer/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BJ" <junk2bj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38ec01c42980$ce5312c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Clip organizer keeps giving this error message when > opened: > > Error Message 0x8007007F > > It will not open or insert pictu...

SOAP Server Application Faulted error 01-19-04
Hi, I get following error when creating a user in MS CRM 1.2 english: "SOAP Server Application Faulted error" with the Error Code 80005000 The CRM installation works fine. I used a Domain Admin Account for the MS CRM services. I assigned a license to the Admin user. When I try to add users from the AD using the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, I receive this error. It is also not possible to add users using the CRM interface. Can anybody help? Hi Ralf, can you give us the details of the SOAPException? This will likely tell you what's wrong. Mike "Ralf M"...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Error message 0x800ccc13 #4
Does anyone know what error message #0x800ccc13 means. I get it when I hit the sned/receive button. I can send email through Outlook 2000 but I can't receive anything. The message says that a TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the serever. All of my server set up info appears correct. I appreciate any answers ...

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required ?????????????
Hi! since a few day I get after I reply a message I get this tracking ingfo: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Subject: Undeliverable: Task status? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Task status? Sent: 16.12.2003 10:53 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Goerge Smith' on 16.12.2003 10:53 550 5.7.1 <Smith@westDigs.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. --------------------------------------------...

Error message #3
Hi, everyone, I open to MS Excel 97, the following error messages was shown on screen. 26146100: file format is not valid. Please help Thanks Jimmy Something that is being opened is causing trouble. It could be an addin checked in Tools|Addins or a file in your XLStart folder (or if you are using tools|options|General|"Alternate Startup File location", it could be in there.) (Not many use the alternate startup file location, so try erasing that value from that box in excel--don't delete the real folder. If that fixed it, you're done.) If not, your task will be to...

PDA syncing
I have Money 2001 I have an IPAQ 3150 Microsoft web site says pda free sync download only good for Money 2004. Can I upgrade? Easily? Yes, if you purchase Money 2004. The upgrade shouldn't be difficult. - Ravi -------------------- > Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message > From: "skiusa \(not this\) @bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> > Sender: "skiusa \(not this\) @bellsouth.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> > Subject: PDA syncing > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:24:25 -0800 > Lines: 9 > Message-ID: &l...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

Outlook error in sending and receiving
I have all of a sudden lost my ability to connect to my ISP. I have contacted my ISP and have confirmed everything is working with them and all settings are correct. When I hit Send and Receive it comes back with an error message to contact my ISP. In contacting them they says its an Outlook problem. I am running Outlook 2002 and have done the latest updates. Help Please include the error message verbatum in your post. This will help us to help you. You may also want to include what Operating System you are using and if you have installed any Service Packs, Updates, or new programs just...

Validation errors in xml file
Hi, I am trying to use a validation method against this xml and keep getting 'The 'name' attribute is not declared' and I can't figure out why. Here is my XML: <XmlCommand xmlns="http://intranet/hstServices/Schemas/XmlCommand.xsd" connectionKey="SomeKey" commandTimeout="60" appId="122" appScreenType="879"> <Proc name="SomeProcName"> <Param name="@SomeParam" dataType="Char" dataLength="3" direction="Input">MHR</Param> </Proc> <E...

Run-time 3201 error
Upon coverting two versions of the same database (97 and 2000) over to 2002, we get a mysterious error message "Run-time error ' 3201': No current record." when trying to open certain forms from the Switchboard. The same forms work and open fine in either 97 or 2000 versions. Can someone shed a light on the problem? You may need to set references in the 2002 database. Open your database into the code editor window. Under Debug Compile your database. If you have any missing references your code will break and you will get an error message. Depending on the error returned wil...