2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain

I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found
that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server
to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with
no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we
started testing from a remote office we receive an error -  The security
database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation
trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue?

me wrote:

>I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I
>found
>that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008
>server
>to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing
>with
>no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we
>started testing from a remote office we receive an error -  The security
>database on the server does not have a computer account for this
>workstation
>trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue?

You need to update the RDP client on the remote computer(s) to a 6.1 client.

--
Steve Foster
------------

Rejected by Server
When sending mail, I get an error with "rejected by server". The e-mail is still sent, but I get this error message every time. You are hiding some of the details. The reject error would show some status error number, like 550, and an error code, like 0x.....CE. Are you sending e-mails using your ISP's SMTP (outbound) mail server? Or are you connected to their network but trying to relay SMTP requests across their network to an SMTP server on someone else's network? That's a no-no since many ISP's will not let you relay SMTP traffic across their network (except,...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server
I can't seem find the place to make the change on the client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on exchange server. When I configured outlook I got the message to go into tools and select the option to keep a copy on server. I couldn't find that option and all mail was delivered to the client. When you go through owa all you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client. I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will post my findings. But if someone already knows where to look I would appreciate that Thanks Norm found this article http://www...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

Outlook Exchange Server #2
How do I set up an exchange server? Do you HAVE an exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lloyd asked: | How do I set up an exchange server? ...

CRM server powered down
I have had a power outage in the server room, and the CRM server powered down (not through a standard shutdown). Since rebooting nobody can log in to CRM now. Everybody gets an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Can anybody suggest where I begin to fix this? First, check all you sevices such as SQL, CRM Security service, IIS etc are running. It is most likely that the problem lies here after a re-boot. Pete C "Kodak" <Kodak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:928445BB-AC24-44A4-...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...

French check on english server environment
Hi, We currently have an English environment deployed on our server. I'm looking for a way to print check in different languages (French or English). Anybody has this issue? Event is it's not related to check, it could be related to bilingual reports. Thank you Hi Alain, We have a similar situation but with a Spanish vs French issue. This has been quite an ordeal. I have been working with our reseller, but neither them nor Microsoft seems to have a lot of information on how this should work. We are still trying to get all of the proper information to set up a test environ...

3000+ Connections on Exchange Server
Looking further into my Exchange Server 5.5 problems, I checked POP3 access using telnet and that was fine, so I then checked SMTP. It returns a 421 EXCHSRVR connection limit reached message. Ran NETSTAT -an on the EXCHSRVR and redirected the output to a TXT file. The file was over 200KB in length and contained over 3000 connections. Now, I'm not entirely sure what ones I should see and what ones are extra. Can anyone give me some ideas of what I should be seeing in the way of connections on my mail server? yes, that sounds excessive. you can turn on SMTP Protocol Logging (to Me...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

How do I make a summary page in Excel 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a sheet with all my data (several columns, one of which is &quot;name&quot; and others are things like &quot;address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.). Then I have another sheet which is the summary. I want to be able to choose a name from a drop-down list (I figured out how to do that) for the &quot;Name&quot; and have the other fields ('address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.) fill in automatically with the information that corresponds to that name. <br><...

Microsoft Money 2008
I am experimenting with an upgrade to Money Plus (2008 version), from Microsoft Money 2004. The data conversion itself took almost 20 minutes on a P4 XP-Home system. Now that the data is converted, it takes 5 minutes plus to move between areas of the program. During this time, the CPU is maxed out. For Money 2004, this was instantaneous. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, and/or have a work-around? EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Your file may well be a candidate for "nuke the bills". See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1...

accessing an exchange 5.5 Server from a diferant Domain
I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server. They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook client the application see the account but they can not access the server. What do I need to do? What outlook client are they using? You have to select the option in outlook to not use authentication, when you do that, they will get an authentication box, that will let them put in the correct user...

2008 R2 DC and Older cryptography algorithms
Hello Everyone, We have introduced a 2008 R2 DC into our environment, migrated all the roles to it, and for now are keeping some 2003 DCs for a mixed mode domain functionality environment.. We do have some older machines (NT) that currently we cannot get rid of and I am seeing some authentication errors on the 08 DC (IDs 5722, 5805). Since we still have 03 DC's, the NT machines still authenticate fine. My question is regarding KB 942564 - for our environment, I'm thinking we would use the group policy workaround - where I get stumped is step 6: Install third-party...