Windows Terminal Server 2008 / non-clients need to access internet

I have a terminal server environment. I have access points all over the
school. I would like visitors to be able to access the internet but in
order to get on you have to open a session. How do I get it shared to
non-client pcs?

--
rubantin
rubantin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190718.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
rubantin

Hello rubantin,

"How do I get it shared to non-client pcs?" Do you mean with that people
using there own machine to connect to the network and use internet access
in your campus network?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I have a terminal server environment. I have access points all over
> the school. I would like visitors to be able to access the internet
> but in order to get on you have to open a session. How do I get it
> shared to non-client pcs?
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Meinolf

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

need info on excel
Hi. This is my first time posting to this NG. I visited my accountant today and he recomended me to get Microsoft Excel so that I can stay more organized and present my tax figures easier. I dont know a thing about excel. I have been doing things the old fashion way. I use COrel Word perfect to do documents and make my own graphs and log info to that. But thats it. I went to the web site and I beleive Excel 2003 costs about $200. to upgrade is $109 or so. Is there a cheaper way to get this program or an alternative. Please, is there anyone who can also tell me why excel is go good,what it can ...

Need to create a pie chart
I need to create a pie chart, and I am running into some problems. I has been a long time since I have last done this, and was hoping tha someone could help me. I have a column named COMPLETED. I this column it either has a Y or N. I need to have a Pie chart so that it shows the % of Completed Y and of Completed N. I am having some problems coming up with how to set this up. I hav tried the Chart Wizard, however I am just too confussed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your data are in A2:A100 (with A1 as a header), then in some empty rang...

A question in need of an answer
I have put some VBA code into a workbook to enable the ladies in the office to back things up without having to remember more than "left-click the button marked 'Backup' ". I have come to realize this was a bit more than they can handle, so I'm rewriting the code to try to make it even easier. While doing so, I came across an idea that I need info on...is it possible, using vba, to create a new folder (say, naming it the date of the backup) for each time they make the backups? If so, any examples of how? I've posted this before doing much research, but will ...

Drag and drop on a recycle bin ... a little help needed
Hello all I have implemented the drag and drop code from The Code project http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorerdragdrop.asp?msg=420048 but it crashes when the files are dropped on the recycle bin. CCmdTarget::~CCmdTarget() { #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE #endif #ifdef _AFXDLL m_pModuleState = NULL; #endif } Does anyone have an...

Need to create an assembly call for Workflow Activity Creation
We're creating an Activity via a Manual Workflow on the Order. When creating an Activity from that starting point, you only have access to fill a handful of fields (Assign To, Type, Subject, Description, Priority, and Due Date). We need the Activity that's created from this starting point to be able to fill some customized fields that we have on the Task. The only way we figured out that we might be able to accomplish this is by adding an assembly call to the Worfklow. I'm not familiar with coding an assembly callout for CRM in .NET. Does anyone know what resources I co...

CRM server name change
Can anyone advise - I have a server running windows 2003 server which was added to our network. The server name had to be changed which was done then re-added to the network. CRM was installed and has been working happily but our Network Administrator has advised me then we need to chnage the server name again due to problems with Active Directory - the error message is 'There are multiple accounts with name RPCSS/dmgl-crm.davidmclean.co.uk of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME' Anyway, the server has been taken off the network, renamed and re-added but CRM does not work, the secur...

Junk E-mail filtering on the client side
Hello, I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where the server is, they cannot delete the emails on the server, so I need to do this on each client. Is there a simple way of doing it? (We use Outlook 2003) Thank you. On 5/27/2005 9:27:38 AM, BullGates wrote: >Hello, > > I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked >in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where >the server is, they cannot delete the ...

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

signing in to windows live id failed
I cannot log into Windows Live Messenger. I get the following "We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger. Signing in to windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later". This has been happening for the past 2 days and also appears to be affecting outlook connector as it keeps asking for a password. Solution found in Windows Live Solution Centre. As follows: Symptom: User experiences a sign in failure with error 80048820. Cause: Invalid characters in the first name of the user’s profile ...

No Windows Updates for IMF Showing After Configuration
Howdy, I've configured IMF (Win2kSP1/Exchange SP2) set it Globally and in the Virtual SMTP server, as well I've set the registry entry required. Have a reboot etc. I'm not able to see the IMF definition update via Windows Update. Assuming I've gotten all the base requirements down, what else could be the issue? Thanks, Dan Foxley Check your %systemroot%\system32 folder. Does it have MUWEB.DLL? If not, go to the Windows Update web site and "opt-in" for using Microsoft Update. Windows Update (default with Windows OS) only updates the OS. -- Bharat Suneja MVP -...

clistctrl::InsertItem() and clistctrl::setitemtext() issue in windows xp
Hi, I've been developing an application on windows 2000 (sp3) for the past few months. Turns out we'll have to support the app on windows xp too. I tried running the app on xp but have run into a problem. The text I'd like to display in my list control doesn't show up on XP. Basically, when an UpdateAllViews() is sent from the document, the list view's OnUpdate() function calls InsertItem() and SetItemText(....) to display the information. This works with no problem on windows 2000 but I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's not working on XP. Any ideas? Thank...

USB 3.0 Client Driver
Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? Thanks, Harry Harry Graham <HarryGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit >data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? To a certain extent, we don't know. Microsoft does not yet support USB 3.0, so we don't have a "certified" host controller driver to use as a basis. The fundamental philosophies won't change, but there will certainly...

download data from internet, piece by piece
I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while parsing it. I do not want to download all the source html. once I find the piece I am looking for, I want to terminate the process. I am using ::URLOpenBlockingStream, but it download all html file before return. Is there any other function similar to ::URLOpenBlockingStream but can be controled? Thanks, John homecurr@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<2d5d0ce4.0406081012.23eccc31@posting.google.com>... > I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while > parsing it. I do not want to down...

Lost all email and need a way to recover...
I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all email and contact information. Is there a way to recover all the email and contacts? Help Annie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" > in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons > anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all > email and conta...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

2K3 server w/ Ex2K3 shuts down very slow
I have a new 2K3 server running Exchange 2K3 and no other software yet. When I shutdown the server with Exchange running it takes over 11 minutes. If I shut down the Exchange services before shutting down the server shuts down in 2 minutes. In the application log it shows errors with event id 8026 and 8250. The knowledge base articles on those errors arn't much help. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the same exact problem every time I restart. From what I have found on this issue, it appears it's one of those things that MS claims can be ignored. Whatever MS! Hopefully ...

MX Record SBS 2008
Hi, Setup a new SBS 2008 with remote.mydomain.com. Installed a 3rd party SSL cert. Previously the client was using POP3 emails. Problem is we can't receive emails. We've changed the DNS A record for 'remote' to the external server IP address as normal. We've deleted the old MX record for Mail and replaced it with Remote. A Records Mail > Server IP address Remote > Server IP address MX Record Remote > Server IP address > Priority 0 I have made sure port forwarding is setup on the router, I can telnet port 25 to the server and I can se...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

deleting all rules from the server
Is it possible to delete all of a users message rules from the server? We had to restore a mailbox the other day and now the user's rules are in triplicate. We've tried to delete them from the client but when they sync to the server they come back. The user wouldn't be adverse to losing all of their rules at this point if that is necessary as every mail sync gives an error that the rules don't match - even after telling exchange which set of rules to keep. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:17:27 -0800, KatLongo <KatLongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible t...

run client program when the system is on
Dear I have no more knowledge about VC.......I did a client-server programming by using Dialog based application.. ....It is working very well..But I need to run client part when the system is on........That i want to run client as service.... But I dont know about the coding of service.Sir,plz help me.....If there is any code to help run as service.I got some code.But I dont know how to use in my project. Rewrite it so it has absolutely no GUI component at all, and conforms to the protocols for being a service. A dialog-based app is remarkably ill-suited for being a service. Fundamentally,...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks jtr4557@charter.net Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1781 -- ...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

Need to Convert to a PDF
I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page to convert. Which is the best converting program out there? It is a big file. What .pdf creating program are you using now? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "MCFARLINOFFICE" <MCFARLINOFFICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75F61818-5E0D-4F1E-9F30-27091C99298D@microsoft.com... >I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page > to convert. Which is the best converting progr...