Windows server 2003 R2 - DFS

Hi,

I'm new to dfs, and I would like to know if it is possible to have
under 1 dfs root 4 servers that are in replication ?
So you have one dfs root with under it 2 servers in replication and 2
other servers that are also in replication.

How should I set this up ?

Thanks a lot,

GM

0
GM

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #3
I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003 Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]? Thanks //Andreas You cannot. Newsgroups require Outlook Express to read. "Andreas" <andreas_skjaemt@privat.tele.dk> wrote in message news:BD4EFDCB-2B33-47F1-A91C-F9BDAD8231D0@microsoft.com... > I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003. > > Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]?? > > Thanks! > > //Andreas Is that a n...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Collation on moving GP to new server
We have GP9 running on SQL 2000. We will be moving it to a new server with SQL 2005. (and then upgrade to GP 10). The instructions in KB878449 say that the new SQL server sortorder must be the same as the old server. The old server is Latin-General, binary sort. We wanted to make the new server Latin-...CI... Is there any way to do this? Due to the way DynamicsGP makes use of the tempdb, the Server default collation MUST be the same at the DYNAMICS and Company database, otherwise the tempdb will not have the same collation and you WILL get errors. Therefore, the SQL2005 instance must b...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

Windows Mail Could Not Be Started 04-10-10
I have been following the variou solutions posted here and none of them are working. When I try to start Windows Mail I get this error: Windows Mail could not be started. initializong junk filtering. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (ox80070002) If I click Ok, a new error appears: Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. I had been running Norton 360. I unistalled it and the ran the debris removal tool. Restarted. Same error message. I tried reaming the Contacts Folder and creatog anew one. Restarted. Tha...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Grace period expired on sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 migration.
I ran my first 2003 to 2008 migration and everything went slowly but smoothly. I didn't quite finish the migration. All I had left was to uninstall exchange 2003 and demote the 2003 server. I got tied up out of town and lost track of this project and now I'm in a situation where the 21 day grace period is expired and I need to finish the migration because the source server is shutting off and taking exchange and the other services with it. Is there anything I can do to finish this project short of a reinstall? Any advice is appreciated greatly! scott <sco...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Win 2003 SBS and Terminal service
Hi, I installed win 2003 SBS and after that, I can't acess it throught remote desktop( I tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost and pc name), and trying to browser avaialbe terminal server, said no terminal server found. Can someone pls help me? Thanks... SBS2003 does not have Terminal Services for Clients (Like SBS2000 had) However it does allow up to 2 remote RDP Connections for administration only. (I use this in a shadow/training type situation.) When you are Trying to use 127.0.0.1 you are essentially trying to connect to yourself? On the No Terminal Server found comme...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template?
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:06:52 -0800, splendidbcpgm <splendidbcpgm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template? Would you like to have a look at my http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Server Crash and Recovery
Hello! I have 1 2003 server that was running AD and Exchange on it. I have back ups of System State and Exchange Databases. Now the server crashed. I have another server(slightly different hardware) and I want to restore everything from back ups, but i can't find the proper procedures to do so. Can some one help or point me to proper white papers. Thank You go here...tells you everything you need to know: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopg de.mspx -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message ne...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Task Window to open and stay open
How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel 2002? I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window. Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening autom...

DHCP server behavior
Hi, In Windows server 2003, assume a connection session is in place and the remote host's IP is assigned by a DCHP server. What would happen if the DHCP server wants to assign a new IP to the remote host? Will the connection end? or, Will the server wait till the connection is gracefully ended by the user and then assign a new IP to the remote host? Thanks Yba Hello Yba, The DHCP server never assigns a new address from itself. The client makes the request for a new lease after the half lease time. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provid...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...