Windows Install No HDD

I am attempting to install windows server 2008 standard X64, I get a
message that no drives were found during installation, therefore
nowhere to install windows. I have a single 73 GB SCSI hard drive, I
have downloaded several controller drivers hoping the installation
process would recognize my hard drive, no luck.
Please help??

0
banker123

Hello banker123,

I assume this posting belongs to the "WIndows Server and SCSI HDD" in microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,
so please stick to the other posting as there are already answers existing.
Please do not multipost, use crossposting instead with a newsreader like
outlook express.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I am attempting to install windows server 2008 standard X64, I get a
> message that no drives were found during installation, therefore
> nowhere to install windows. I have a single 73 GB SCSI hard drive, I
> have downloaded several controller drivers hoping the installation
> process would recognize my hard drive, no luck.
> Please help??

0
Meinolf
1/20/2010 9:22:13 PM
banker123 wrote:
> I am attempting to install windows server 2008 standard X64, I get a
> message that no drives were found during installation, therefore
> nowhere to install windows. I have a single 73 GB SCSI hard drive, I
> have downloaded several controller drivers hoping the installation
> process would recognize my hard drive, no luck.
> Please help??

What server hardware type, what SCSI adapter do you have?

--
/kj

0
kj
1/20/2010 9:23:39 PM
> What server hardware type, what SCSI adapter do you have?

IBM xseries 236 884145U with AIC-7902B SCSI adapter.
0
banker123
1/20/2010 9:43:52 PM
o  You must create logical drives on the HostRAID controller
         before you can use it.

    1.  Insert the "IBM ServeRAID-7e (Adaptec HostRAID) Support" CD
        into the CD drive; then, turn on the server.

    2.  The ServeRAID Manager program will start. You will see an
        Express/Custom choice on the screen. Choose Express to
        automatically create your logical drives. Choose Custom
        to manually create your logical drives.
0
banker123

missing password/2004 installation problems
Hi - I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk on 2 computers). 2004 wipped out my 2000 installation and when I tried to restore my 2000 installation it asked for a password. I don't have a password and don't recall ever putting a password in. Please help! ALL of my financial data is in that file for the entire year. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Patti wrote: > >I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 >minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk >on 2 computers). 200...

Publisher 2002 install after Office XP sp3 installed
Does anyone know what happens if you install Publisher 2002 on to a pc with Office XP Pro already installed with Office XP SP3 already installed? Does the SP3 have to be reinstalled after Publisher is added? Victor Alonso wrote: > Does anyone know what happens if you install Publisher 2002 on to a pc with > Office XP Pro already installed with Office XP SP3 already installed? Does > the SP3 have to be reinstalled after Publisher is added? The update will be applied. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provi...

New HDD does not appear in Windows Explorer!
I have Windows XP pro. I have just connected a new HDD 1Tb Seagate ST31000528AS sata. It appears on the "Device Manager" in the MyComputer properties. But it doesn't appear in Windows Explorer! What am I doing wrong. Please help. FM On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:06:23 +1000, "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote: >I have Windows XP pro. > >I have just connected a new HDD 1Tb Seagate ST31000528AS >sata. > >It appears on the "Device Manager" in the MyComputer >properties. > >But it doesn't a...

computer freezes during scan (be it Windows Defender, Anti-virus, or SFC/scannow)
Hi everybody, This friend of mine has real problem with her laptop (Vista sp1). it was first noticed when her anti-virus did a scheduled scan. The anti-virus program hung whilst scanning the System32 folder. I tried with Windows Defender. Same thing, it hangs after a while. I de-activated her anti-virus program (forgot the name. Not a well known brand) and downloaded/installed Avast, to no avail. it also hangs whilst scanning the System32 folder. I also tried to scan using SFC/scannow. The PC freezes at 68 % of the scan. I tried these different manipulation in safe mod...

Problems between Outlook connector i Windows Live Calendar
I have a problem with Windows Live Calendar, is that when I add an appointment in your Outlook calendar, I get on the schedule of WLC, but not so when I cancel then I can not vanish at WLC, Also when I put an appointment in Outlook calendar, when you clik to save it tells me that this quote has not been saved in a folder and therefore will not be notified. I can tell someone how I can fix and what folder the notice relates. Thank you very much. Are you using the Outlook Hotmail Connector in Outlook to access your Windows Live Calendar ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail &q...

Installing Outlook CRM
I am running CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003. The Outlook client will not install on my workstations. The workstations are running WinXP Pro with Outlook 2003. I tried installing as local admin and domain admin. I get the following message in both cases: "MS CRM Sales for Outlook Setup cannot continue because Microsoft Outlook has not been initialized. To continue, cancel Setup, open and then close Outlook, and then start Setup again." It does not matter how many times I open and close Outlook. I get the same message trying the install on any of my workstations. All help is appreciated. Lee ...

CreateNewChild child window's caption disappears after losing focus
Hello all, I'm having a strange issue. I'm creating a child window and doing an initial SetWindowTextA on it's creation. There can be only one instance of this window. When this child window is up (we'll call it Window A) and another, different child window gets focus, Window A's caption text just disappears and I can't get it back with an Invalidate or anything. Here's the window creation code: CMyChild* cwb = (CMyChild*)parentWnd- >CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyChild), IDR_MAINFRAME); cwb->SetWindowTextA(_T("This caption text just plain disappea...

Windows Message Queues
Hi >> Does anyone know how to get the length of the windows message queue used to run the GUIs etc ? I want to spot check it to see if it gets very large at certain times . http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/messagesandmessagequeues/messagesandmessagequeuesreference/messagesandmessagequeuesfunctions/postmessage.asp Thanks As far as I know, this information simply isn't available to programmers. In fact, I can't rule out the possibility that newer versions of Windows don't grow the queue as need...

Installation CRM with Business server
When starting to install crm I get this message and cannot go further. [dbnetlib][connectionopen] invalid instance invalid connection SBS and SQL 2005. Any suggestions on where to start. ...

Why parent/child windows compete for focus?
Hi, friend, I created a document template in InitInstance() with CRichEditDoc/CMyFrameWnd/CRichtEditView. In FileNew(), I created an MDIChildFrame first, and then created a new document. In CMyFrameWnd::OnCreate(), I set MDIChildFrame window as CMyFrameWnd's parent. However, each time the RichEdit View gets focus, the title/menu bar of its parent (i.e., MDIChildFrame) losts focus, and vise versa. This is unacceptable since a user does not want to click menu twice (first click to make parent menu get focus and second click to do operation) while editting text. (I checked MS Wor...

Size of child window
Hi all, I create a Main Frame application which is started as maximized. Now, from this main window I want display a child window based on CFormView (created as designed Dialog Window) My problem is: when the child window is created, the size of it is not the original size as from design. How to I set the size of child window to be exactly as the size created during design time? Thanks, Chris Here is how I create the child window as a template (is a MDI application) void CMainFrame::OnMyWindow() //handler from a menu item... { if (0 == m_pMyWindowTempl) { m_pMyWindowTempl= new CMultiDo...

setting up windows mail
How can i get windows mail setting up? i am having an error when i enter email provider POP3 and SMTP. I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.htm...

vb6 and windows 7
are there any issues with installing vb6 pro on windows 7 64 bit, the program installed in the program files (x86) ok and worked for a while but now it comes up with the error cannot locate th DAO350.dll. i have plonked an new version in the correct folder and when i try to register the dll it will not register, do i have to reinstall the app ? any help would be gratefully recieved regards caverdave On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:47:17 -0700, caver_dave <caverdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >are there any issues with installing vb6 pro on windows 7 64 bit, the program...

Country selected during installation
Anyone know where I can reference this for a given Great Plains installation? I checked the registry - it's not there. Thanks Nevermind, I found it in the About dialog. "YCI" wrote: > Anyone know where I can reference this for a given Great Plains installation? > I checked the registry - it's not there. > > Thanks > ...

add a windows xp/2000 type process tab to the task manager?
How can I add a windows xp/2000 type process tab to the task manager? Hi Fann, the task manager is useful for escaping crashes, but Wintop gives much more detail about the processes running on your computer. Others may give you links to even better process viewers. Wintop is included in the "Windows 95 Power toys" and may still be available on the M$ website. Don't use the other toys in Windows 98 etc. HTH, ern. "Fan924" <a924fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5e4ef06b-652b-4c06-ae8b-2910ff7c0ca5@b9g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > How can I add a ...

Window Live Support
The Windows Live´┐Ż Solution Center is now available for a Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services. http://windowslivehelp.com/ 24 different categories are now available. Note: Prior links for e-form support will redirect to the above site(afaik...eform is no longer avaialable) -- ...winston ms-mvp mail Most of the posts are being posted in the future. This post was made on January 11 and it was answered today at 10:35 PM. http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=8959fac9-cacd-4ea2-833f-1bc5ec635c4f -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail &q...

Converting Mac files to MS Windows/Office
Pl. Help, my scuba instructor gave me a a cd full of files copied from a Mac hard drive. He bought a Windows PC and needs to view them on the PC. He said they were in Quark express and some graphic files of underwater photos. As far as I can tell I see no file extensions. I can access the files but the MS Publisher/Word pdf readers don't seem to work. I am the computer guy and supposed to know these things. Web searches for converters did not help much. Thank You "Sharad" <sharad_honavar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:abefdb6a.0404121850.55a9711c@posting.google.com... ...

Windows XP media center 2005 video card
I had media center up and running using my television as the computer monitor and watching tv through media center. During a move I disconnected the computer and television and when I reconnected them and launched media center it says my graphics card is not compatable and won't play live television or any videos. Nothing has changed on the pc or the television so I don't know why I am now getting this message. ...

Outlook 2003 preparing for install popping up
Hi, I did a full install of Office 2003 Standard - "full install" means *everything* to run from the computer; Yet each time I do certain actions in Outlook, a dialog pops ups saying "Windows Installer - Preparing for install". The Floppy drive grinds a few seconds, and after about 20 seconds the dialog disappears. It happens when: - I highlight or open a HTML format message - I rightclick on a mail-address I've ran the Repair function - didn't help. Searched the web and found dozens of other people having the same problem.... but not one solution!! The ...

How to send WM_KEYDOWN message to focused window
Dear All, I have a keypad which connects to my computer with a serial port. Now I would like to generate a WM_KEYDOWN to send to the focused CWnd. As far as I understand, I need to call ::SendMessage( HWND hWnd, UINT Msg, WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) to do so. I would like the keypad to behave exactly the same as a standard keyboard. However, should the window receiving the wm_keydown event be determined by GetFocus as soon as I call SendMessage() or it is determined when the even is being dispatched. The focused object may change when the preceding message in the queue is being p...

CRM 1.2 Install, Windows 2003 and Security Service
Hi, anyone know why when I install CRM1.2 on Windows 2003 Server I get an error with the MSCrm Security Service, The exact error is as follows Setup was unable to unregister the security service. I have search everywhere for this problem with no luck thanks in advance Brian Corbett ------=_NextPart_0001_0819F6A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, I have seen this happening when CRM and SQL run on the same machine. In order to fix this try the following steps: 1. Log in to your CRM server as Domain admin and under CMD prompt. 2. Type cd Progr...

Changing the background of a CDialog with updating the whole window
Hi, Some time back some helpful sould told me how to change the background colour of my Dialog HBRUSH DlgBase::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); switch (nCtlColor) { case CTLCOLOR_DLG: return m_HBrush; } and m_HBrush = CreateSolidBrush(clrError); because I need to flash the dialog red when an error occurs. However to let the window know it's background now needs repainting I just call Invalidate() Unfortunately this causes all the controls on the dialog to repaint themselves too causing flicke...

Get image from part of a window.
To animate bitmap which moves around, I want to keep image of background. However, as DC is limited resource, I don't want it to keep the information. How can I do this? Joon-ho Ryu, You keep the bitmap, rather than the DC. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OU95iZYXDHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > To animate bitmap which moves around, I want to keep image of background. > However, as DC is limited resource, I don't want it to keep the information. > How can I do this? > > ...

Problems installing Office Professional 2007
Hi, Everytime I try to install Office Professional 2007, I type in my product key and then a window comes up and says there was an error installing it, and I can't do anything else. Can anyone help please. Carol Can you post back with the exact message that you receive, as well as your operating system? -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:CBAB9827-A861-42B1-8CB8-83CFBFC1227D@microsoft.com... > Hi, Everytime I try to install Office Professional 2007, I typ...

Windows 7 Calendar
Please help. If I open a new event and fill out all the details and then save/close it, I can not find the entry or see it in the calender. Where am I going wrong or am I missing a step somewhere. Thanks Windows 7 Calendar ???? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Buffel" <Buffel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D384519-4B2F-4F23-8515-F5D7E0FDCC1C@microsoft.com... > Please help. > If I open a new event and fill out all the details and then save/close it, I > can not find the entry or see it in the calender. Where am I going wrong or ...