Windows 2008 R2 BSOD

Hi all,

I've a machine with Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition that is up and
running from 3 months.
 From 5 days the server often (more times in a day) go in bluescreen and
reboots.
In the event log I only see this error:

The computer
has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003,
0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp.

The file is quite large... How can I solve this?
0
Andrea

On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:41:33 +0200, Andrea Caldarone wrote:

> The computer
> has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003,
> 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in:
> C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp.
>
> The file is quite large... How can I solve this?

That's a memory dump. You can google "analyzing crash dumps" to get some
info on the process, then download and install debugging tools and analyze
the crash dump yourself.
Or you can download a program called "WhoCrashed", install it, and let it
analyze your dumps.
These kind of problems are often driver related. Were there any recent
hardware changes or driver updates on your system?

--
Pozdrav
===========

log on password window
Hello I use xp sp2 home and outlook 2003 sp2. After I start the pc I get a log on window which asks for a password. I have not set up a passsword and my name id is just 'Owner'. In user accounts (control panel) I have also not put ticks (check marks) where it says 'use the welcome screen' and 'use fast user switching' under select logon and logoff points. This appears after clicking 'change the way users log on or off'. On screen saver tab under display properties there is no tick either where it says 'on resume, password protect'. So how ca...

Windows Player 11
I asked a question simply cause I'm " Naive " to these machines. I don't know the 1rs thing about 'em. I need it for my classes.I'm just asking for your help??? -- Currently Lost in The World of Computers ~ Sweetie ~ Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-media-player/201005/1 On Tue, 25 May 2010 07:52:51 GMT, "Sweetie via WindowsKB.com" <u59250@uwe> wrote: > >I asked a question simply cause I'm " Naive " to these machines. I don't know >the 1rs thing about &#...

SSRS 2008 Pre-Gen Reports?
Many many years ago I used a product called Brio which had a "broadcast server" configuration where a report template could be specified, and then a script could be pointed against the report and a data source and HTML output could be created; this output could then be saved to a secured area. This gave the advantages- 1. Users would not have to be in the report security infrastructure at all (authentication, authorization, etc). 2. The report generation was complex and slow, but showing the final generated output was subsecond. 3. Reports were easy to email or archive or ...

Windows mail slow
My Windows Mail has become slower to open. The computer is running well otherwise. Do you have any suggestions to speed Windows Mail opening. With thanks, oldzac Try these suggestions for slowness: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72674-windows-mail-slow.html If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "oldzac" wrote in message news:ulsc5K5JLHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... My Windows Mail has become slower to open. The computer is running well otherwise. Do you have any suggestio...

unable to send photos from windows vista email
i understand i have to contact my ISP provider, but I use a mobile device to recieve the internet. who do i contact, i also use a hotmail email address???? Thank you, T That depends on what the exact nature of the trouble is. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Taylor" <Taylor@discussio...

inplace upgrade windows 2003 domain to SBS2008 Premium
Never been asked to do upgrade from existing Windows 2003 domain to a SBS2008 Premium domain before and now have 2 new clients lllokg to do exactly that. Is the a document on how to do this? TIA No, there is no "in-place" upgrade. For many older servers, you need new hardware (SBS 2008 requires 64-bit hardware). There is a migration document for SBS 2003 to SBS 2008, or you could also do a swing migration: Swing Migration www.sbsmigration.com Migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Windows Small Business Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/dow...

Sql 2008
Hi all, i'm installing a sql 2008 failover cluster. I haven't a microsoft domain controller in this network. I cannot to install sql 2008 failover cluster in a domain controller! So, I could join my server in a Novell domain and install sql failover service? Thanks and sorry for my bad english Christian Hi Christian, Nope - needs to be an Windows Active Directory (Domain). Tony. "C-Hristian" <chrimai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe24657-589c-4ece-a215-33eb305928ac@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > i'm installing a sql 20...

Optimizing Footprint of Windows Applications
Hi Friends Can anyone give me some useful pointers on how to optimize the size of the win32/MFC exes and DLLs. I need to run these exes and dlls on both 32 bit and 64 bit machines. Thanks -- Simerjeet Singh Software Engineer Conexant Systems Inc ...

VB6: Overflow Error with GetModuleFileName() on Windows Vista
Hi, I have a code fragment that worked great under VB6 in a Microsoft Windows XP environment, but I finally upgraded to Windows Vista and am having trouble. I did a Google search, but that was no help. The following code run from within the IDE produces an Overflow #6 error. I am using VB6 with SP6 installed. To replicate create a new project and add a button. Here is the entire code for the inside. I added extra code to help isolate the problem. Option Explicit Private Declare Function GetModuleFileName Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetModuleFileNameA" ...

Still a problem- loss of Office print dialog window
Problem as described in this thread: 'Loss of standard print dialog box in Office 2004 11.2.1' http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_thread/thread/ba72ff609a1b7c4/7dd92e881c05837d?lnk=gst&q=print+dialog&rnum=1#7dd92e881c05837d I would really like to see an actual answer to this problem because it is STILL happening to me, Office 2004 v.11.3.4. Happens in all Office apps, but is particularly frustrating not having it in PowerPoint. Uninstalling and re-installing MS Office several times does eventually fix the problem but when you are rolling out ma...

advance find missing open and save Outlook 2003 in windows 7
Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 7, and Outlook 2003 does not have the open or save commands in the advance find window. This is very helpful when repeating the same search criteria in advance find. Any help is appreciated. Thanks -- Joe CPA You mean the ability to save the search as an *.oss file? This was removed for security reasons some time ago - you probably have more recent updates installed on the new computer. Double clicking on the *.oss file should work to open them by you won't be able to save new ones. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925...

Unti Virus on SqlServer 2008 Server
Is it recommended to install Unti Virus on the SqlServer Server? Which UntiVirus is preferred? I heard UntiVirus cause SqlServer to have performance issues, Is this true? Gal (Gal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is it recommended to install Unti Virus on the SqlServer Server? > Which UntiVirus is preferred? > > I heard UntiVirus cause SqlServer to have performance issues, Is this > true? Installing an AntiVirus product on the SQL Server is of course what any paranoid person would do. And there is no harm in it - as long as you except all database-relate...

Windows Live Local frozen?
I have installed Windows Live Local (and uninstalled several times) and my appointments now have a location tab. But I am unable to enter any address information for directions, it's all grayed out - and a message on the tab page says I need to install Windows Live Local, which I already have. An earlier version did work, but I downloaded the latested version after it stopped working. What could be stopping it from working? Any number of things, which your lack of specificity of versions = precludes us from knowing. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the g...

System locks up on Send / Receive after upgrading to Windows XP Pro
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7265F.127A9300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2000 set up with three accounts. After upgrading my system from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro, every = few minutes this happens: 1) there's a "ripple" on the video monitors 2) mouse and keyboard input is locked for between 5 and 10 seconds It's hard to pin this on Outlook, but I believe that it happens during = the automatic Send/Receive cycle. It seems not to ha...

SBS 2008 RWW "No computers are available"
After performing a migration from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008, users are unable to log on to any computers via Remote Web Workplace. Under 'Connect to a computer' it just says 'No computers are available'. I've followed all the official documentation and can't see what I've missed. Here's what I've done:- - Confirmed that all user and computer accounts are in the correct SBS 2008 OUs in Active Directory - Confirmed that all user and computer accounts appear in the SBS console - Configured user/computer accounts in the SBS console to allow users to acces...

SBS 2003, Roaming Profiles and Windows 7
I have a customer with SBS 2003 R2, all workstations running WinXP SP3, and users with roaming profiles. The client wants to introduce a first Windows 7 workstation. Will roaming profiles break for those users who use the Win7 machine or, even if I migrate them to v2 format, will this introduce a nightmare? Can things be made to work if users stick to either the Win7 or WinXP workstations? Does anyone have experience of this scenario, either positive or negative? You can migrate just fine. Once a user starts using Win7 though, they should stick to it. Otherwise you risk the two ...

Next version of Office for Windows?
When is the next version of Office for Windows set for release? What features are being planned for the release? Thanks Derek Why, do you have some good suggestions? Feel free to make them here; http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx Nothing has been anounced officially so it's all guessing. You can find information on MS roadmaps here http://www.directionsonmicrosoft.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "DS" <JohnDoe@Micros...

No, Office 2003 is not compatible with Windows 7
I am running a new clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I just installed Office 203 Small Business and none of the updates will run. Error message is really helpful: "The update could not be installed." Tried Service Packs 1, 2 and 3, and a small security update - none work. Second issue: it demands that you accept the EULA every time. Third issue: it won't shut down properly. A blank Word page is open now, because I have to shut down the computer to get it to go away. The X will not respond. Yes, I've tried right-clicking and clicking "Run...

Windows 7
In Vista and XP I was able to put "New Office Document" and "Open Office Document" on the Start Button Menu. I cannot find a way to do this with Windows 7. Thanks Right click and then select Pin to Start menu or Pin to Task Bar -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ADKR" <ADKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22943FF1-F6D9-42B1-8B1C-7A27758333D4@microsoft.com... ...

Confusion over Microsoft Office 2008 12.1
Heads up on When I spotted the Office 2008 update at http://www.macupdate.com/ it sounded like an Office 2008 update but when i clicked on the link http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9648/microsoft-office-2008 it got confusing saying buy the 12.1 update but more info talked about the 12.0.1 update and if you click on updater toward the bottom of the page you download an Office X updater. If I sound confused, I am aRKay <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote: > Heads up on > > When I spotted the Office 2008 update at http://www.macupdate.com/ it > sounded like an Office 20...

Export to PDF
I'm having an issue where reports with hyperlinks to web URL's on images do not work when exported to PDF. The links work fine when viewing directly on the report server, as well as when the report is exported to other formats. Essentially it seems like the "Action" options are no longer exporting to PDF. Has anybody else had this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? ...

Newbie question about Project Explorer window
When I look at the Project Explorer window, I can see all of my modules, but sometimes I also see a module called utility(UTILITY) containing entries like SOA_Biff, SOA_Txt, SOA_Rtf, Form_ZoomForm... etc. I didn't write these. What are they and are they needed? Also, why does it only appear on occasion? thank you -- cinnie ...

How to manage windows hierarchy of 2 processes?
I have 2 processes. One is MFC with main frame, pop-up dialogs and messages. The second is based on a graphical engine (non-MFC) that creates a window with graphical data. I need to combine both displays. The user shouldn't notice that there is a "mix". For example, if the graphical window is a top window, when the user opens a dialog from the MFC app it will be below the graphical window. My first idea was to set the graphical window as a pop-up and the owner is the MFC frame. This is the behavior that I need. But then if the MFC app is not responding, the graphical window is ...

Expired Follow-up messages do not pop-up in reminders window
I have a message that is flagged for follow-up and reminder is set When the message is not in the Inbox folder (for example i moved it to another folder) and when reminder expires i don't get reminder in Reminder's window When message is in Inbox everything works fine Please, advise Thanks. Reminders only fire in the default folders such as in-box. If you want reminders to fire in other folders, there is an add-in written by MVP Ken Slovak that will do this for you: http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to...

Connecting to Windows XP Pro
Can't find windows 7 newsgroup so posting here. I managed to connect my Windows XP Pro computer to new Windows 7 laptop. I could access the laptop from the XP PC but the Laptop was asking for password for computername\user when trying to connect to the XP machine - the computer name shows up under network but that's all. Today I can't connect either way - even pinging the ip address of the XP machine doesn't work. Also the network properties had changed to public so i changed it back to private. Why is it saying unidentified network? Also network discovery and ...