Windows 2000 server user names

Where can I configure the user names formatting like you do in
Recipient policies?
yaro
0
yaro137

windows server per server cal
there is a doc [see link] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/client-licensing.aspx describing "per user/device mode" licence versus "per server mode" licence for client access for win 2008 it means, having large number of clients that infreqiuently access some win 2008 server, they don't need to have all of them user/device cal, but there may be a *small* number of cals installed as per/server directly on the server, allowing the simultaneous acces of that small number of clients. of course, it is distinguished from server's licence itse...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

running Outlook 2002 SP1 on WinXP with multiple users-trouble logging off
I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2002 SP1. I have 4 users on this machine and if any of the users tries to log off of the computer they get an error message that says Outlook is still running. I have to hit the "end now" button anywhere from 2 to 5 times before outlook stops and the person is able to log off. It takes about 10 seconds between each time I have to hit the "end now" button. Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? I have tried uninstalling outlook and reinstalling and this doesn't help Thanks, Ron ...

running a program prior to user logging in ?
is it possible in 2K or XP to run a program (in this instance, sol.exe or windows solitaire for example) prior to the user logging in ? not necessarily a script but an exe ? i know under windows 9x/ME this was accomplished by running the program as a service, how is it done under 2000 / XP ? if the same way then how do i get the program installed as a service ? is it the only way ? You can download the tools here. Also be aware that not all applications can run as a service. Instsrv.exe Srvany.exe http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-...

Formula to show user name?
Hey guys I'm working with a Excel-form to be used by several users. It would be convenient to show/place the current user's name in a cell. Is there any formula that transports this user name from MS properties funktion into my Excel-cell? Regards Snoopy Create a UDF Function ThisUser() ThisUser = Environ("Username") End Function =ThisUser() -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:84cb9dd4-5041-4f4f-b204-f6232a583fa8@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... ...

Creating a frame window for MDI in a DLL
Have a question on creating an MDI 'application' from a DLL. I would like to launch an MDI 'psuedo' application from a DLL. That is, when this method is called from the main application, it would launch what would look like another application, that is an MDI frame with doc/view, etc.. I have seen something like this in .NET forms, however, I am using unmanged C++ code. I have some experimental code work done now and it appears that the call to LoadFrame fails (yes, I have included all of the necessary IDR_MAINFRAME resources). Is this possible? Has anyone done this? An...

2000 File Export Issue
Running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) and trying to export a date range to Excel. I'm following the instructions, but all I get are the column headings -- no data. What am I doing wrong? ...

Exchange Server 2003 and BES
we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I assume only 1 right? I don't believe that there is such a limitation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "RC" <RichChristy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166813039.169810.49430@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our > sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I > assume only 1 right...

Messages vanish for some users
Win 2003 SBS SP1... I have two users who have messages vanish. They loose a block of messages over a short date range, such as 1/1/06 to 1/5/06, etc. One user has lost everything in their inbox back to last year, but they are still receiving messages today. They also sometimes receive their email days after it's sent and it just appears in their inbox. They are using laptops and accessing via OWA and Outlook as a client to Exchange over the Internet. Often a single user will use both techniques on different computers or the same computer. I am fairly sure that they are not intent...

Assigning local admin rights to remote users
I need to find a solution to the following problem: We have remote users who use our laptops but don't log onto our network. To enable remote support we have rolled out LogMeIn which works well. However, some remote users don't have local admin rights and can't run the msi we send. Is there a way i can use vbscript or something to change their rights and then run the msi? Thanks in advance "ADixon" <ADixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BABB7212-7E4E-49F8-9B22-17A641872A41@microsoft.com... > I need to find a solution to the fol...

How do you download Windows Movie Maker?
Hello, My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is another way I can download Windows Movie Maker? Thanks for you time, CJ "cjroads" <cjroads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09543682-7630-4B5C-855F-A79190B77D05@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is > another way I can d...

YMMV
Could really use some help on this one. I generate logarthmic x-axis/% y-axis graphs. The pertinent range on the x-axis is from 0.001 to 100. There are no external references in the file anywhere. Here's the problem - a client (only one thus far) has reported that the graphs appear 'wrong' when viewed on her computer. I've seen a screenshot to verify this. The x-axis only displays 1-100 and the data is inaccurate. Whereas the original graph shows a gradually increasing trend from ~20% to 100%, the screenshot shows a DECREASING trend - but not a mirror image of the origina...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

Insert "Send to associate" link in Pub 2000 web?
I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an associate". Is there a way to do this? Thank you. refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047401c4bdd0$225109c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to > add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an > associate". Is t...

Comman Name space problem
Hi, I have a parent domain controller let say 'a' and 2 child domains 'b&c' on the network... I have exchange installed on the on the parent domain and the naming convention it shows is Name@a.com and for childs it shows has name@b.a.com & name@c.a.com... But going forward i want all the people on my tree(thats is users in all domains a,b,c) to have a single naming convection for the mails has lastname.firstname@a.com... any info. on this ASAP is much appreciated Thanks all Naveen Email addresses are generated by Recipient Policy. As long as you have a single ...

Out of the Office replies (with Exchange Server)
I have a single user for which this option does not work. I have tried a different pc, upgrading her outlook client to 2002 (from 2000) with no avail. I even moved the mailbox between storage groups to see if that would help. Our servers are running exchange 2000. thanks in adv. any help is appreciated. NET Please try the steps in the following article. 248709 XCLN: Error Message: Out of Office Assistant Cannot Be Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248709 -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NETC...

Outlook is not installed for this user Error message
Outlook had been working fine but now I keep getting this error message stating: "Outlook is not installed for this user". Reinstalling the program doesn't help. After searching through Google I discovered this is a common problem but haven't come across a solution yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks. Does the rest of Office work for you without error? Check your Application Event Viewer for further details about Office and/or Outlook. Please post back including your version of Office and type of mail account. Include any Event Viewer errors and their contents, spe...

OWA page not found only for 1 user??????
Hello everyone. We are in an Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003. I am stumped with this one. I have one user, whom for some reason I cannot figure out, gets an error when she tries to get to email through OWA. She gets a page not found error. "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" She can get to her email through Outlook just fine. And she is the only one having this problem out of a user population of about 1000 folks. I have tried using http://hostname/exchange, but get the same error. I have looked at her...

Windows shortcut prompt for parameters
Can anyone remember the syntax for getting a Windows shortcut or a command prompt to prompt the user for a parameter? It's something I haven't done for years - possibly decades... In fact, it's been so long that I've been told it's been removed from Windows and that I'll have to use a batch file instead. That seems absurd - surely it's not the case? In dos type doskey /? and you might find something in there, although I doubt it. There is not much you can do anymore as we used to do in ms-dos. Frank "InvisibleDuncan" <InvisibleDun...

outlook hotmail server
just installed office 2003 and fully updated. Set outlook to pick up my hotmail mail. It worked with office 2000 2003 gives me the warning "A connection to this server could not be established." Please help I cannot get my mail at all through outlook john ...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

Notification fo the email reading of other users
Dear Friends My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of other person. This is normally for the Exchange admins as they can take the ownership of the mailbox and read the emails of user mailbox. This is really important and urgent for me. Please guide me to solve the problem. Best regards Sharad So they dont trust the admins? On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:39:01 -0800, "Sharad2005" <niitmalad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Dear Friends > >My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of >other person. This i...

viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 #2
From: "Shane Lieberg" <cool1two@hotmail.com> Subject: viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:59 AM problem, when viewing contacts (pst with outlook address book service) using the address book viewer "hit the address book on tool bar", and scroll though the contacts. i will crash at some random point. if you view the same contact list in folder view. "left side of screen under contacts", you can view all of the contacts and the info without issue. ...

Quicken, Vista, and non Admin Users
Is there anyone out there that is running Quicken using Vista,as a non-admin user, and running Quicken without using "Run As" "administrator"? If so, can you offer any comments about how Quicken functions under those those conditions? Specifically: Are you aware of any problems that occur when you fail to "run as administrator" when you run Quicken? Any other observations that you believe are linked to Quicken running under Vista and not running as "THE" administrator? [Fot those who are not aware: "THE" administrator in Windows is n...