w2k8 R2 wbadmin recovery files with empty spaces problem

I cannot use "wbadmin start recovery" to specify files/folders containing
empty spaces in -items or -recoverytarget parameter. I tried both single and
double quote surrounding the path but doesn't work. Using old DOS 8.3
convention works but I'm trying to avoid the syntax.
Anyone has clue how to support empty space in file/folder path?
Thanks

--
Fred

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

GP 7.5
We are running GP 7.5 and had a batch that failed with a "unhandled database exception: a saved operation on table SOP_line_CMT_work_hist failed accessing SQL data" now the batch is in batch recovery and when we try to continue, we receive "failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. More info: Transaction not completed at initiating scripts exit, implicitly rolled back. Thank you. Can the batch be recovered if logged in as 'sa' ?? "dbloshuk@hotmail.com" wrote: > We are running GP 7.5 and had a bat...

New Problem
In 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote: > In 2007: > > In ...

Authentication mode
Hi: Currently I have installed the MS CRM 1.2 Server on a server that host another application(sharepoint portal server & project server), this application requires SQL Authentication for work,but CRM requieres Windows Authentication Mode; at least the CRM implementacion guide document recommends this type of authentication, is there any way for work with both applications on same server ?. Microsoft CRM can work with SQL in mix mode authentication. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Rafael Diaz" wrote: > Hi: > >...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

Temp file plague
For some reason my XL2000 if saving reams of temp files (X.TMP) in the folder where I open a worksheet. I haven't intentionally set (or re-set) any preferences for that. Does anyone know what's up here? ...

saving file from asp.net
Hi all, I dynamically generate Word Documents from my web application using XmlDocument object and need to save them on a mapped network drive. I use the Save method of XmlDocument object to save documents. Ican save them successfully on local drive on web server. But when I try to save them on a mapped network drive, I get permission denied errors. I made sure that ASPNET had full access right in the folder where I need to save documents. I also tried using UNC path, but that also does not work. Can someone please point to what I may be doing wrong and explain the whole setup proces...

"files based on content, not file extension" option issue
Hi, I met a strange question. When I disable "files based on content, not file extension" option in IE browser (IE -->Tools Options-->Security-->Internet zone-->Custom level --> "files based on content, not file extension" disable). When I used IE to access ftp://ftp.microsoft.com via. proxy, such as: ccproxy..etc. IE browser shows HTML source code instead of normal html webpage. Could you take a look? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well...

OFFSET problems in dynamic range
Hi, I'm having the strangest problem with the OFFSET function. I have 5 dynamic ranges in my worksheet. Aimline =OFFSET('Weekly ORF'!$F$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$F:$F)-1,1) Sessions =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$D$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$E:$E)-1,1) WCPM =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$G$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$G:$G)-1,1) Date =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!Aimline,0,-1) Date2 =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!WCPM,0,-1) The problem is that the two names for Date and Date2 keep reverting to =OFFSET ('Excel Template.xls'!Aimline,0,-1) and =OFFSET (&#...

OnGetMinMaxInfo problem
Hi, I added an OnMinMaxInfo() function to my dialog so i can set the minimum tracking width and height for my dialog, I added this prototype to my dialog class: afx_msg void OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI); Then I added this function to set the min and max values: void CMessDlg::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI) { POINT min; min.x = 200; min.y = 200; lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize = min; CDialog::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI); } It compiles but i can still resize the dialog to a smaller width/height, Any help would be apreciated :) Thx in advance, Thomas "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

Upgrading to Server 2008 R2 DC's
I run a one man IT shop and haven't done a major infrastructure change over before. We are looking at replacing and upgrading our small server infrastructure. I was hoping someone could give me some things to look out for. I basically want to replace all of our servers with new ones and migrate AD and Exchange up. Currently we have: 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is Exchange Standard 2003 / DC / DNS (this has OWA facing internet) 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is DC / DHCP 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is a file server 1x off site hosted website I want to move to (i ...

Auto Recovery #4
Hello everybody I have in excel option the autorecovery function on and is saving in the following path : C:\Documents and Settings\mnikolaou\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel The problem is that i was working a file and make some chanes while my computer crashes. When i made a restart it was imposible to find out the file i was working. not even in a recovery format. Is that option works properly or i have to make some other changes in the options in order to have backup files while i am working? Thanks in advance Manos Auto Recovery is supposed to work automatically so that you do n...

Store Spaces Rental solution
Hi i have a scenrario that a customer want a solution to manage renting specisfic areas for specific period of time of the stores he owns can some one guide me if there is a solution within Great Plains can achieve this scenario and which module of great plains can help in this regards This sounds like a rental application. I recall that an ISV in the UK had developed an add-on for auto rentals and that may be suitable to you. Eone had developed a sample app using Extender; that may also suit your needs, if your requirements are very basic. HS "Nader Yousef" <NaderYo...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

WindowsCE problems
I have some problems building application for Pocket PC (MDA1), maybe someone could help me. I have these two problems: -I need to create modal dialog box, but after creation sometimes I need to access it (in response to system calls) and show some messages... what is the best way to access modal dialog box while it's running? -is there a way to change colors of single items in list-view control ? Currently, when I'm using SetTextColor before each InsertItem, color changes but for all items in list-view (CListCtrl) :\ Is there way make this work? I'm using Microsoft eMbedded Visu...

Draft Folder problem #2
I'm running outlook 2000. My draft folder is called draft1. Can't seem to rename it! There isn't a folder named draft so what's happening? Isn't a big problem, but I should be able to solve it and I can't. Help. Thanks in advance Peter You could try to start Outlook from the run line with the /resetfoldernames switch. Start-->Run outlook.exe /resetfoldernames Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HP010031101033.aspx "Peter Brown" <peter.jennifer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:TErag.449$TF.2645@news-1.opaltelecom.net... &...